PDA

View Full Version : Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 06:23 PM
It's an angel, but everyone calls it a lemon so I roll with it.

And take the genderbent discussion to the thread, please. [/hypocrite]

Wow! You really did genderbend a lemon!:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-11, 06:23 PM
Not a clue. There's another DnD webcomic?

Also, are you on the forumshipping thread?

...there's a thread?

icastflare!
2010-02-11, 06:29 PM
Not a clue. There's another DnD webcomic?

Also, are you on the forumshipping thread? Yes I am, I have given permission for me to be shipped with everything except gargantuan fire creatures. (because the fact is it s gonna be ackward enough witha gargantuan creature) and the dnd webcomic was dndorks, they have been going longer than oot. ill get the exact link up soon

http://dndorks.com/comics/2%2f4%2f2004.aspx boom chatoic awesome

Lix Lorn
2010-02-11, 06:34 PM
Good. Cause given the fact that i'm working for you, i want to selfship. ;P

Looks funny.

ONTOPIC TAIME
Now. Um. Must shout random ship... NaleV!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 06:37 PM
*Watches ensuing...Whatever the heck is going on*

*Smiles*

*Eats popcorn*

icastflare!
2010-02-11, 06:43 PM
new update for all of you who read Rogue Love, the series is going to be going up to 6, then I am probably gonna screw around for a bit and do nothing. Might write a new series along the way. any way just some details for now.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-11, 06:53 PM
well unless someone knows how to make a female goblin, im stuck not participaiting in genderbent week. i really outta get my own avitar either way...

and im True Neutral :D

Aaron
2010-02-11, 07:58 PM
*Takes a good, long look at my avatar*

...Uh...

Well, your avatar does look just a little bit female. :smalltongue:

It's an angel, but everyone calls it a lemon so I roll with it.

And take the genderbent discussion to the thread, please. [/hypocrite]

Female lemons! Awesome!:smallbiggrin:

*Watches ensuing...Whatever the heck is going on*

*Smiles*

*Eats popcorn*

*pulls up a chair* Pass the popcorn please! :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 08:07 PM
Well, your avatar does look just a little bit female. :smalltongue:

You sure about that? :smallwink:

*pulls up a chair* Pass the popcorn please! :smallbiggrin:

*Passes popcorn*

Sereg
2010-02-11, 11:39 PM
Alright part 4 of “More than Just Duty” has arrived:

“I don’t know why you’re so upset about it. He deserved death. You heard what he said. I couldn’t leave him unpunished.” I say.
“You disobeyed my orders.” says Sangwaan, “I thought that you’d learned to trust me, but no, Miko knows better than the wizard whom has magical access to hidden knowledge. It so happens that that we have a prisoner that needed to witness the depths to witch evil will sink before she was willing to listen to us. Now I don’t know if we can turn her from the dangerous path which she is undertaking. I’ll have to report your disobedience to the guard.”
“Look Sangwaan, I can’t let evil just…” I begin.
“Save it.” she interrupts, “It’s my job to think of the future. By disobeying me you have provided opportunities for more evil to entrench itself.” I don’t think that she’ll talk to me for the rest of the journey back to Azure City.

“And then she killed him.” says Sangwaan. Her report to the rest of the Sapphire Guard has not painted me in a good light. “Of course I suppose that asking Miko to show a little restraint in a place other than the bedroom is too much to ask.” How dare she bring our personal life into this. “That was uncalled for!” I say.
“Oh yes,” Sangwaan answers, “Miko knows best. Miko is the only valued servant of the Twelve Gods. Miko is the only one who can see their plans. Anyone who disagrees with Miko must be smote.”
“Calm yourselves, both of you.” says Lord Shojo but I will not be calmed and apparently, neither will Sangwaan. “I will not be with someone who refuses to trust me.” She says, “You and I are through!”
“Fine by me!” I say, “Lord Shojo, I request that my partnership with this wizard be ended.”
“I concur.” answers Sangwaan.
“Mr. Scruffy thinks that that would be best. Says Lord Shojo. Now Sangwaan. About that prisoner that had your concern. I have decided that she deserves a light sentence. You said that she could be swayed to our side with the proper environment. Lord Kubota has requested permission to hire her. He says that he could use a half-orc member of staff and that she has skills that he will find useful. Is this acceptable?”
“I suppose so.” she answers but continues to mumble, “What’s the point in checking if those you care about most don’t listen to you?”

I think that this will probably be 7 parts long but don’t take my word for it.

As for gender-bent week…yeah, I don’t have a custom avatar either. And what does a gender-bent griffon look like? Coffee, maybe you could use an Inkyrius avatar, or one with Lirian and Aarindarius, then at least half your avatar is the right gender, or even better, female!V and male!V form half-halflings comic.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-02-12, 12:00 AM
Alright part 4 of “More than Just Duty” has arrived:

It was a little short...but I'm liking it. At first, I thought the prisoner in question was Tsukiko.

I was expecting a joke bashing Incarnum for some reason.

Miko: He threatened YOU! It was for your safety.
Sangwaan: He was an INCARNUM user. What was he going to do?
Miko:...He could have gotten lucky and critted you with a greataxe...
Sangwaan: Because of your indiscretion, he will be raised and reach 18th level in service of an evil, hobgoblin army!!!
Miko: Will he have any useful class features by then?
Sangwaan: Well, no...but it's the principle of the thing!

As for gender-bent week…yeah, I don’t have a custom avatar either. And what does a gender-bent griffon look like?

Well, the male griffon, you see, he have the hairy man-parts. And the female griffon, you see, she have a bow in her hair.

Sereg
2010-02-12, 12:13 AM
It was a little short...but I'm liking it. At first, I thought the prisoner in question was Tsukiko.

I was expecting a joke bashing Incarnum for some reason.

Miko: He threatened YOU! It was for your safety.
Sangwaan: He was an INCARNUM user. What was he going to do?
Miko:...He could have gotten lucky and critted you with a greataxe...
Sangwaan: Because of your indiscretion, he will be raised and reach 18th level in service of an evil, hobgoblin army!!!
Miko: Will he have any useful class features by then?
Sangwaan: Well, no...but it's the principle of the thing!

Well, the male griffon, you see, he have the hairy man-parts. And the female griffon, you see, she have a bow in her hair.

Congratulations. You have made my morning. This entire post is awesome. I am still recovering from the laughter. I kind of want to make that conversation part of my fic's canon. Of course, if I get your permission, I'd have to make it occur much later.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-02-12, 12:31 AM
I kind of want to make that conversation part of my fic's canon. Of course, if I get your permission, I'd have to make it occur much later.

You and anyone else has my permission to include anything I say or suggest in the fics (and to be fair, I lifted that last line from this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlcFQAtGVUE))...although I don't know how you'd work in a conversation on the difference between griffon genders in there.

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 05:12 AM
You sure about that? :smallwink:

*Passes popcorn*

*eats popcorn*

I think it looks like a warlock.

Coffee, can you make a picture of Lloyd in a dress? *sheep's eyes*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-12, 06:43 AM
Coffee, can you make a picture of Lloyd in a dress? *sheep's eyes*

I'll see what I can do. :smallwink:

The Odor
2010-02-12, 09:23 AM
If I wasnt so tierd from tests i would definatley write something but no.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 11:30 AM
Nice chapter for the MikoSangwaan. ^_^

Zanaril
2010-02-12, 11:48 AM
Wouldn't it be the default for everyone? (Going by traditional morality, not the screwed up alignment system the OotS gods made.)

The way I interpret the whole "always X alignment" issue is that the societies of specific races are of those alignments. This also means that personality traits associated with that alignment are more prolific in those races.

This would be especially true in Evil societies, where untrustful people will survive and kind people will get slaughtered. The race will end up with most having a genetic predisposition for "evil" traits. That alone doesn't make them Evil; rather, if they're brought up in that society and aren't a particually free thinker, they'll end up thinking that Evil is normal. And 'everyone else does it' isn't an excuse, is it? (However, if they move away from that society, they might start rethinking things.)

Of course in Lawful or Good societies you'll get more variation; there will still be a lot more Good/Lawful people than there would be otherwise, but while you can be Evil or Chaotic in a LG society without being caught, you can't really be nice to Evil people. Not if you want to live for any length of time.

So yes, a newborn of any race will be True Neutral, and will remain so until they're old enough to start making their own decisions.

Also, I have no school next week, so I'll probably get some more drawing done. Assuming I'm not too depressed to drag myself out of bed each morning (or afternoon). *sigh*

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 11:52 AM
Nice thinking.
Living in a Lawful Good society drives me mad.

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 12:00 PM
That's part of the difference between Good and Evil - Good prospers among its own, an Evil person needs other persons to prey on and will not prosper among others of its own kind. There is a game theory/alignment article waiting to be written.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 12:18 PM
There definitely is. Care to step up to the plate?

Zanaril
2010-02-12, 01:45 PM
Regarding the most recent strip, am I the only one who thinks kiddie!Hobgoblins are the most adorable things ever seen in OOTS?

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 01:50 PM
XDD
You do have a point.

NemoUtopia
2010-02-12, 02:50 PM
The way I interpret the whole "always X alignment" issue is that the societies of specific races are of those alignments. This also means that personality traits associated with that alignment are more prolific in those races.

This would be especially true in Evil societies, where untrustful people will survive and kind people will get slaughtered. The race will end up with most having a genetic predisposition for "evil" traits. That alone doesn't make them Evil; rather, if they're brought up in that society and aren't a particually free thinker, they'll end up thinking that Evil is normal. And 'everyone else does it' isn't an excuse, is it? (However, if they move away from that society, they might start rethinking things.)

Of course in Lawful or Good societies you'll get more variation; there will still be a lot more Good/Lawful people than there would be otherwise, but while you can be Evil or Chaotic in a LG society without being caught, you can't really be nice to Evil people. Not if you want to live for any length of time.

So yes, a newborn of any race will be True Neutral, and will remain so until they're old enough to start making their own decisions.

There are actually some questions about the specifics for certain races (since some races are more prone to violence once you take society out of the equation, for example), but overall I share this general view. One great example of this is actually drow society, and if you've read the Drizzt novels actually dealing with the Underdark it shows through pretty hard. The actual supplement about drow and the society doesn't expressly state it, but it comes close. The more interference and influence of a certain kind (deific or just social), the more it influences that base supposedly TN aligned sentient.

What's more interesting still is reading the actual articles on alignment that have been written by developers, since one of the things addressed directly is 'alignment and intelligence'. Supplementing this with info from the BoVD and BoED supports the idea that sentients without a bloodline influenced by an alignment-based outsider's heritage start at TN, and that you have to look to the level of Outsiders with alignment descriptors to literally be always...and then they give you the one-in-a-gazillion exceptions as examples anyway, just for kicks. I'll try and actually tackle the 'official article' angle once I gather the supplements together and do some re-reading.

In terms of exploring alignment (what it means, how it comes about, etc.) I've actually got a Forgotten Realms character for that express purpose and I write a lot of fiction for. He is a LG leaning TN drow and the storytelling I do with him is all about the chicken/egg of alignment, how society shapes us (even when we think it doesn't), and similar themes. One of the actual lines during a discussion with a (love interest) good character is all about expectations, the nature of good and evil actions, etc., and is "What do you think I am, some ranger with a heart of gold?" going into how he is just another guy trying to get along and is being honest about not being the best person even as he tries.

Oh, and:
V-Vgs is about 80% done.
I've decided to do Durkon-Hilgya
and the first installment of "Xykon's Toy", the follow up to "Tsukiko's Ploy"
as well as a Lien-Thanh. Just because.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-12, 02:55 PM
Oh, guys, this is very important:

TOMORROW I WILL BE GOING TO SEE VARIOUS COLLEGES IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL BE BACK WEDNESDAY.

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 02:58 PM

TOMORROW I WILL BE GOING TO SEE VARIOUS COLLEGES IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL BE BACK WEDNESDAY.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that we care.

Just kidding. Have a good time, and the boards won't be the same until wednesday comes.

Aaron
2010-02-12, 03:45 PM

:smallfrown: We will miss you. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 04:33 PM
Awkay-have fun!

icastflare!
2010-02-12, 04:47 PM
Oh, guys, this is very important: We will miss you!

TOMORROW I WILL BE GOING TO SEE VARIOUS COLLEGES IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL BE BACK WEDNESDAY. wE WILL MISS YOU!

now all thats left is to get something done before Valentines Day singles awareness day and get a gender bent avatar for genderbent week

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 05:05 PM
You don't have long. XD

icastflare!
2010-02-12, 05:07 PM
You don't have long. XD now the gender bent part is done and I have to plot planned for part 4. should be out tommorow.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 05:09 PM
That was fast. XD

icastflare!
2010-02-12, 05:11 PM
That was fast. XD I work at the speed of crazy, though it varies.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-12, 05:12 PM
I work at the speed of plot.

The Odor
2010-02-12, 05:14 PM

Bye Coffee.

Zanaril
2010-02-12, 05:16 PM

Have fun. 10char

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-12, 08:38 PM
onder if i should try drawing my bugbears OOTS style... then genderbend them XD

icastflare!
2010-02-12, 11:30 PM
Rogue love Part four. I sort of rushed this one, its more of a way to get into part 5. So if its of not so great quality, it was rushed. I got a jolt of energy listening to my old korn albums. Any way enough of my ramblings, here is the show.

Haley and Elan were doing well in Stormblade. They were just another traveler couple who wandered in. The town’s people thought they were a merry couple who would be off in a couple days. They could hide here for a long time without anyone noticing them. Then the mayor called a meeting.

They assembled in the town hall. Thinking it was just another routine meeting, they trudged in, wanting to get back to work. The mayor announced “Thank you for coming. We have a serious threat. “Everyone in the audience turned quiet. “ A roaming army of bandits is heading our way. They have attacked several towns to get here, and left no survivors.”

“We sent a messenger to negotiate. He came back in pieces.” There was a look of panic over the audience’s faces. Haley was frightened. Her actions are going to cause this town to be slaughtered. “That is all.” The mayor said abruptly, trying to get away from the townsfolk as fast as possible. A mob of people rushed after the mayor while Elan and Haley sat their, struck with guilt.

“Should we tell them they are after us?” Elan said. “Not unless you have a death wish.” Haley said. “We should have never come here”. Elan said, drowning in his pity. “They will never get out fast enough. They will be mowed down.” “We got them in to this mess, we will get them out.” Elan said standing heroically on his chair.

“Elan baby, we can’t get out ourselves and you want to suggest bring everyone with us?” Haley said, trying to reason with him. “Ah but I have this!” He exclaimed, pulling a scroll out of his chest. “What spell is that? Is it teleport? Plane shift?” Haley said guessing. “No, but a spell that sends a beacon to a certain Mr. Julio Scoundrel and his airship fleet.” Haley just sat their with her jaw open.

“Haley hugged him faster than you can say, bull rush hug. For once he was useful. “Wait how did you get it?” “Well actually it’s a spell of plot device, but anyway it works.” Haley was in pure glee. An airship fleet could take the entire town out of there, away from the bandits. “I will gather the townsfolk, you work on that scroll” Haley said rushing out. For once, Elan saved the day.
yawn. Anyone see the opening ceremony for the olympics?

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 12:08 AM
anyway have a good singles awarness day

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 02:27 AM
muahahahahahahaha! i have done it! BEHOOOLD! a genderbend goblin!!!!

... ok so its actually just a female goblin that was waiting in line with haily in a bathroom... i just stole it and made it an avitar :smallbiggrin:

The Odor
2010-02-13, 04:37 AM
Rogue love Part four. I sort of rushed this one, its more of a way to get into part 5. So if its of not so great quality, it was rushed. I got a jolt of energy listening to my old korn albums. Any way enough of my ramblings, here is the show.

Haley and Elan were doing well in Stormblade. They were just another traveler couple who wandered in. The town’s people thought they were a merry couple who would be off in a couple days. They could hide here for a long time without anyone noticing them. Then the mayor called a meeting.

They assembled in the town hall. Thinking it was just another routine meeting, they trudged in, wanting to get back to work. The mayor announced “Thank you for coming. We have a serious threat. “Everyone in the audience turned quiet. “ A roaming army of bandits is heading our way. They have attacked several towns to get here, and left no survivors.”

“We sent a messenger to negotiate. He came back in pieces.” There was a look of panic over the audience’s faces. Haley was frightened. Her actions are going to cause this town to be slaughtered. “That is all.” The mayor said abruptly, trying to get away from the townsfolk as fast as possible. A mob of people rushed after the mayor while Elan and Haley sat their, struck with guilt.

“Should we tell them they are after us?” Elan said. “Not unless you have a death wish.” Haley said. “We should have never come here”. Elan said, drowning in his pity. “They will never get out fast enough. They will be mowed down.” “We got them in to this mess, we will get them out.” Elan said standing heroically on his chair.

“Elan baby, we can’t get out ourselves and you want to suggest bring everyone with us?” Haley said, trying to reason with him. “Ah but I have this!” He exclaimed, pulling a scroll out of his chest. “What spell is that? Is it teleport? Plane shift?” Haley said guessing. “No, but a spell that sends a beacon to a certain Mr. Julio Scoundrel and his airship fleet.” Haley just sat their with her jaw open.

“Haley hugged him faster than you can say, bull rush hug. For once he was useful. “Wait how did you get it?” “Well actually it’s a spell of plot device, but anyway it works.” Haley was in pure glee. An airship fleet could take the entire town out of there, away from the bandits. “I will gather the townsfolk, you work on that scroll” Haley said rushing out. For once, Elan saved the day.
yawn. Anyone see the opening ceremony for the olympics?

The most usefull spell in the game.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 08:38 AM
Hmm...How about we give Hobgoblin Cleric #2 some love?:smallwink:

The Odor
2010-02-13, 08:42 AM
Hmm...How about we give Hobgoblin Cleric #2 some love?:smallwink:

Yes for nameless Hobgoblins everywhere!!!!
Wait. Weren't you going somewere?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 08:46 AM
Yes for nameless Hobgoblins everywhere!!!!
Wait. Weren't you going somewere?

Yes. I'm leaving a bit later. I'm going somewhere, back at 2, leaving at 3 until Wednesday. Trying to talk my parents into bringing my computer, but...

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 09:06 AM
Why is the female goblin surrounded by red?
Hehe. Scroll of Summon Plot Device. I like it.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-13, 09:09 AM
... ok so its actually just a female goblin that was waiting in line with haily in a bathroom... i just stole it and made it an avitar :smallbiggrin:

...you realize taking the Giant's art like that is against the rules and possibly the law, right?

Taekwondodo
2010-02-13, 09:09 AM
Grrrr... feels like I've been trying to do a million and one things, all at once, this week.

See ya Coffe! Bring virtual souvenirs!

Alignment arguments hurt my brain...and I only really have a slight passing interest in them anyway.

Sereg
2010-02-13, 09:19 AM
@Raging Gene Ray The more I think about it, the less sure I am about whether or not you are serious. I’m going to be safe and assume that you are. In that case, the part about griffon genders will be left out. I was not reffering to it when I said that I would like to make the conversation canon. Incidentally, I thought a bit more about your comment on Tsukiko. Personally, I think that if she met my necrocarnate, she would take it as confirmation that people with a con score are jerks with no respect for the dead. In fact, that got me thinking, what if he was an ex-boyfriend of hers that got her to belive that in the first place. Idea! Of course if I do anything with it, it will be canon to, but not part of, “More than just Duty”. Interestingly enough, I actually like incarnum. New and interesting mechanics and fluff fascinates me. Probably why I like the homebrew forum. Still, that doesn’t stop it from being fun to mock.

@LixLorn Thank you for the positive review.

@Coffee Good luck and come back to us. Also, I agree that nameless hobgoblins need more love. I remember thinking that Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip # 433, Panel 3 looked very angry. Maybe he could do with some treasure type O.

@icastflare! Still enjoying your work.

@half-halfling Sorry, that I didn’t do this earlier. I enjoyed your Miko/Shojo fic. It was very good for your first actual story as opposed to artwork. I liked the complexities and humor.

@Gicko Yeah…as The Dark Fiddler said, were not allowed to use the Giant’s own artwork altered or not. The standard avatars can be used as that was his intention in making them, but we can’t use stuff from the comic.

Alright, this is part 5 of “More than Just Duty”:

These adventurers may be corrupt and greedy with little concern for the immaterial, yet if what they say is true, then their efforts were truly for a noble goal. I really wish to trust the dwarf, yet trust is not something that I easily give to other mortals. They certainly grate on my nerves, especially the elf and the halfling. Perhaps that is a side-benefit of being forced to stay in a private room. That I can spend my time alone but for the gods, away from these adventurers, where I can meditate and pray freely. If what these adventurers say is true, then why didn’t Sangwaan inform us? She merely stated that they had destroyed Dorukan’s Gate. Of course, in recent years, Sangwaan has become more half-hearted in her predictions. It seems that she cannot cope with the loneliness of our separation as well as I can. I have learned that the best way to deal with evil is to strike hard, fast and thoroughly, leaving no foothold for it to gain. That is something that Sangwaan never understood. Of course, I am used to being alone from my time at the monastery. Still, the company of these adventurers has reminded me of what it was like to work as a team. Perhaps this is why I am thinking about Sangwaan …missing her…No, that is over! I have seen that no more good can come of that relationship …or have I? Greenhilt’s advances have stirred up the memories of what it was like to be the object of another’s affection. Of course, Sangwaan was more subtle and less crude. Greenhilt may be attractive, but unless he learns maturity in his treatment of the opposite sex, he will never compare with Sangwaan. If the Twelve Gods have decided that my time with Sangwaan is all the romance that I will be allowed in this life, then I must live with that. Yet the gods are kind and good, perhaps there is another that they have planned for me to be with. Then I can truly forget about Sangwaan.

Yes, I know, it was very short. However, I’m using the pattern of each part occurs in a different part of Miko’s life and I think that it works well for this. I’ll try to write part 6 tonight so it’s ready to be posted tomorrow morning on Valentine’s Single Awareness Day. Not even raging Gene Ray knows about this scene though it was partially inspired by some earlier suggestions and may include Raging Gene Ray’s incarnum joke (slightly altered) as it will probably be another short one but the final should be longer (I think).

Taekwondodo
2010-02-13, 10:03 AM
Alright, this is part 5 of “More than Just Duty”:

These adventurers may be corrupt and greedy with little concern for the immaterial, yet if what they say is true, then their efforts were truly for a noble goal. I really wish to trust the dwarf, yet trust is not something that I easily give to other mortals. They certainly grate on my nerves, especially the elf and the halfling. Perhaps that is a side-benefit of being forced to stay in a private room. That I can spend my time alone but for the gods, away from these adventurers, where I can meditate and pray freely. If what these adventurers say is true, then why didn’t Sangwaan inform us? She merely stated that they had destroyed Dorukan’s Gate. Of course, in recent years, Sangwaan has become more half-hearted in her predictions. It seems that she cannot cope with the loneliness of our separation as well as I can. I have learned that the best way to deal with evil is to strike hard, fast and thoroughly, leaving no foothold for it to gain. That is something that Sangwaan never understood. Of course, I am used to being alone from my time at the monastery. Still, the company of these adventurers has reminded me of what it was like to work as a team. Perhaps this is why I am thinking about Sangwaan …missing her…No, that is over! I have seen that no more good can come of that relationship …or have I? Greenhilt’s advances have stirred up the memories of what it was like to be the object of another’s affection. Of course, Sangwaan was more subtle and less crude. Greenhilt may be attractive, but unless he learns maturity in his treatment of the opposite sex, he will never compare with Sangwaan. If the Twelve Gods have decided that my time with Sangwaan is all the romance that I will be allowed in this life, then I must live with that. Yet the gods are kind and good, perhaps there is another that they have planned for me to be with. Then I can truly forget about Sangwaan.

Yes, I know, it was very short. However, I’m using the pattern of each part occurs in a different part of Miko’s life and I think that it works well for this. I’ll try to write part 6 tonight so it’s ready to be posted tomorrow morning on Valentine’s Single Awareness Day. Not even raging Gene Ray knows about this scene though it was partially inspired by some earlier suggestions and may include Raging Gene Ray’s incarnum joke (slightly altered) as it will probably be another short one but the final should be longer (I think).

D'aaaaaaaw...:smallfrown: That felt quite sad. Melancholy I think would be a better word. The "...or have I?" a bit jarring however, kind of pantomime which didn't fit.

Sereg
2010-02-13, 10:19 AM
D'aaaaaaaw...:smallfrown: That felt quite sad. Melancholy I think would be a better word.

Good. It was supposed to.

The "...or have I?" a bit jarring however, kind of pantomime which didn't fit.

I was trying to illistrate that Miko is more indecisive than she likes to think and that as much as she wants to forget about Sangwaan, there are times when she believes that she can't. Maybe, I didn't illistrate that as well as I would have liked.

ShinyDelusion
2010-02-13, 10:28 AM
Hi! I'm back! This time I was not lurking. My computer lost internet access. I've got one long trawl ahead of me. :smalleek: So before I start that brain-searing adventure, I'll tell y'all the good news (I know it's off-topic, but the rest of this post will stick to the thread, so... there :smalltongue: Gimme a break, I'm excited)! All five National Merit Scholar Semi-finalists at my school (one of them being me) moved on to finalist! I'm a National Merit Scholar! And I know four National Merit Scholars! This is so cool! :smallsmile: Okay, I've vented my excitement. Back to the important stuff. :smallwink:

Is there a story behind the altered avatar, The Dark Fiddler (sorry if you already explained later on, I stopped trawling at the end of page 9 (see below))?

I liked your Tia picture and fic, Eztheria. It felt pretty much in character (as far as I know; I haven't read much of Water-Smurf's work in that area yet) for most of the fic.

Rogue Love was more believable than usual for you, icastflare!, good job.

Enjoyed the update for More than Just Duty, Sereg.

What adorable banners, licoot!

Subconscious Desire made me :smalleek: a little, Taekwondodo, but nice writing.

Loved the final updates of Miko's Heart, NemoUtopia. Hope to see more of your work soon.

d'Awww! That V x Inky banner practically made me melt, half-halfling!

Teeheehee, loved the Ian Starshine/Bandit Leader fic, CoffeeIncluded.

Forget the puppies??? Never! :smallbiggrin:

Hmmm... I think we need more Mr. Scruffy pairings. :smallbiggrin::smallamused:

Don't worry, I still intend to do Mr. Scruffy x Half the cast of Cats one of these days... But anyway, sorry about the shelter troubles, Coffee; it is a shame when idiots think they can care for animals and they can't.

Well, to the surprise of absolutely no one, this is taking forever, so I'm going to leave now so Mom can use the nice computer and come back later to resume my trawling at the beginning of page 10. Happy Day Before Valentine's Day, everyone!

Taekwondodo
2010-02-13, 10:39 AM
I understood what you were going for Sereg it just didn't quite work properly.

Thanks ShinyDelusion! :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 10:43 AM
I got it, but when i come to think about it, it is slightly out of place. Sorry. Good tho.

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 11:04 AM
like whoa alot of people like my newest edition of Rogue Love. maybe it will go past 6, who knows

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-13, 11:54 AM
Is there a story behind the altered avatar, The Dark Fiddler (sorry if you already explained later on, I stopped trawling at the end of page 9 (see below))?

Genderswap Avatar Theme Week.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 11:58 AM
I nominate Dark Fiddler for the award for most concise sentence.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 12:02 PM
BTW, where is our Water-Smurf? Does anyone know? She hasn't bailed on us and gotten herself a life, has she?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-13, 12:05 PM
BTW, where is our Water-Smurf? Does anyone know? She hasn't bailed on us and gotten herself a life, has she?

Well, if any of us manage to find this mythical thing called a life it should be someone as good a writer as her.

...and now that sounds like an insult to everyone else. Oh well. :smalltongue:

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 12:10 PM

a life? its nothing but childs dreams. Besides she would tell us if she got the life. A life is about as real as an owl bear without the owl part.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 12:12 PM
An owlbear without the owl? My, how stupid! I mean, what would you call it, a BEAR? People would make jokes about nudity all the time.

(Wait. Can't druid's have bears as companions?)

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 12:13 PM
(Wait. Can't druid's have bears as companions?) Its a magical figment of imagination, a plot by the druids.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 12:14 PM
:O

They're probably working with theTREES!

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 12:17 PM
:O

They're probably working with theTREES! DURKON WAS RIGHT!!! PREPARE THE FIRE, THE TREE's AND DRUIDS AND NONE OWL BEARS ARE COMING!!

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 12:23 PM
Meteor Swarm.

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 12:23 PM
where is my scroll of plot device when I need it

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 12:28 PM
Summon Plot Device.
(All hail the Mystic Theurge)

Lira
2010-02-13, 01:02 PM

That's how many offtopic posts this thread has. That's around 40% of this thread that's idle chatter with absolutely nothing to do with crack pairings. I counted.

Come on guys. Let's stay ontopic. Please.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-13, 01:03 PM

Nervous breakdown. Then I went home. Working on an update--it should be up soon.

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 01:07 PM
lira is right. We need to be on topic.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 01:15 PM
Nervous breakdown. Then I went home. Working on an update--it should be up soon.

Ok, but don't work on it if it damages your health. I love your work, but it's not worth that.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 01:39 PM

*Hugs Water-Smurf*

What happened? (If you wish to tell).

I hope you feel better.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 01:43 PM
Coffee, how's the gender-bender Lloyd coming along?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 01:45 PM
Coffee, how's the gender-bender Lloyd coming along?

Crap, I forgot! Gimme a moment! (Do I have time? :smalleek:)

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 01:57 PM
Crap, I forgot! Gimme a moment! (Do I have time? :smalleek:)

You're leaving in an hour, aren't you? That journey is more important than any avatar; it's not like there's a disaster if I don't get it. But Lloyd in a dress would look hilarious. :smallsmile:

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 02:03 PM
. But Lloyd in a dress would look hilarious. :smallsmile:
Lloyd in a dress? Why thats funny,isnt it?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 02:06 PM
Here. He's (She's :smalltongue:) not in a dress, but...

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/Loydette.png

Sorry, this is all I could do in the limited time that I have.

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 02:08 PM

:amused:
that expression is just great!!

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 02:08 PM

*laughs*

I like it. Gender-bender week starts on Monday, doesn't it?

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 02:10 PM
*laughs*

I like it. Gender-bender week starts on Monday, doesn't it? I like to start early, and alot of people also do, including the great fiddler.

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 02:37 PM

*hugs* Good to know you're okay. I was starting to get slightly worried.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 02:39 PM
The Great Fiddler? He sounds like a new deity. XD

Soo... I need to work out how HaleyElanTherkla could happen. I'm deciding that Elan mopes a little, and when Haley notices, she kinda agrees. But what would make Elan think about her again?

Maybe they go past the island again?

Symmys
2010-02-13, 02:44 PM
Gah...

I just finished reading everything that I missed. I need to be on more often...

Earlier this week, in science class, a guy referred to a girl (who was, incidentally, sitting right next to him :smallannoyed:) as the 'village bike'. I immediately thought of V.
(We're in middle school, so I'm pretty sure he was just being an immature idiot. Certainly wouldn't be OOC for him. And, for those of you wondering, her reaction upon hearing this was "Wait, what?")

I think that, for maximum fun, Soon and Mijung's child should actually be twins, a boy and girl who are partners in crime. Both TN, but with tendencies towards Evil and/or Chaos (What better way for the universe to mock a paladin than have his children turn out worse than those of a supposedly evil goblin?). The girl would enjoy destroying things (burning paper just to watch it crumble, for example) while the boy would be more manipulative, like tricking his siblings into doing things his way. They'd both be fiercely loyal to their family and not little mass-murderers or crime lords or anything, but with some stress and shock (like some weirdo from out of nowhere who claims he's their father and wants to take them away from their real dad) either one could easily be pushed over the edge into villainy. Which, knowing Water-Smurf's writing style, is remarkably likely.

Lloyd's expression there is priceless. :smallbiggrin:

Okay, I think I got it all.

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 03:08 PM
The Great Fiddler? He sounds like a new deity. XD

Soo... I need to work out how HaleyElanTherkla could happen. I'm deciding that Elan mopes a little, and when Haley notices, she kinda agrees. But what would make Elan think about her again?

Maybe they go past the island again?

you need a 3 person love story to work up and one of the main characters is sad and another notices............hmmmm maybe try to make haley cheer him up and I will let it go to your imagination.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 03:10 PM

Anything that reminds him of Therkla would do. Seeing a half-orc? Not detecting a ninja? Something like that. And Haley is latently bisexual, so that might not be a problem.

ShinyDelusion
2010-02-13, 03:10 PM
*begins trawling again at page 10* Oh was there a group hug? *joins*

Ooo, intense updates for More Than Just Duty, Sereg. I'm anxious to see more.

Welcome, DukeGod. So was Tsukiko supposed to be drugged or hypnotized or both or what in that fic?

The Soon Kim banner made me giggle, licoot.

Your V x Kyrie comic made me literally lol and "d'aww!" at the same time, half-halfling! I also loved the Miko x Shojo fic and accompanying picture!

Still waiting on that Z x V update, Lawyergoblin.

Welcome and nice work, Felyndiira. I can't wait to see more.

Interesting update, icastflare!. I'm sure the next developments will be fascinating as well.

Ooo! I've caught up with my post from earlier today! Coolness!

Genderswapped avatar week, huh? I wonder who comes up with this stuff. I'd participate, but... yeah.

Sorry about your breakdown, Water-Smurf, and I agree with Asta Kask (as do most of us I'm sure); don't write for us if it's hurting you. Take care of yourself.

Heheh, nice avi, Coffee.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 03:17 PM
Good to have you back, Shiny! (I can't wait to see your crack pairings!)

*Gives cookies and chicken noodle soup to Water-Smurf*

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 03:19 PM

didnt you have to go to see colleges or something

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 03:20 PM
The longer Coffee's here, the better. ^_^

ShinyDelusion
2010-02-13, 03:22 PM

Glad to be back. As I've said only to be proven wrong come Monday morning on many weekends: I'll try to get something out this weekend. I've been having trouble writing lately (both finding time to do so and actually creating), but hey, this could be the weekend I get back on my game. Have fun on your college touring, by the way.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 03:24 PM

*swipes a cookie*

What is this tour thingy anyway?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 03:25 PM
*swipes a cookie*

What is this tour thingy anyway?

I'm going to see Dartmouth and Brown...In a few minutes.

(And Shiny, I did two updates this week!)

ShinyDelusion
2010-02-13, 03:28 PM
I'm going to see Dartmouth and Brown...In a few minutes.

(And Shiny, I did two updates this week!)

I noticed! And I love 'em! And... Oddly enough they haven't given me any fic ideas. Yet. I gotta get back on my game...

Ooo, classy choices. I think Emma Watson goes to Brown. Yes, she does; I specifically remember reading it on YahooNews. Fangirl? Me? No...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 03:32 PM
I noticed! And I love 'em! And... Oddly enough they haven't given me any fic ideas. Yet. I gotta get back on my game...

Ooo, classy choices. I think Emma Watson goes to Brown. Yes, she does; I specifically remember reading it on YahooNews. Fangirl? Me? No...

What? Comic 17 gave you NO crack ideas at all? :smalleek:

Yeah...Right. :smallamused:

And congrats on the Merit Scholarship!

ShinyDelusion
2010-02-13, 03:38 PM
What? Comic 17 gave you NO crack ideas at all? :smalleek:

Yeah...Right. :smallamused:

And congrats on the Merit Scholarship!

I know, weird, right? Usually when I see something like that my fanfic-writing abilities automatically kick in and have me thinking of a plot (not always a good one, but some kind of story at least) within seconds but this time... nothing. Maybe it's a writer's block, but it doesn't really feel like one. I dunno. Like I said, I'll attempt to write something nice for this thread this weekend. Probably the Mr. Scruffy thing, since I promised a friend of mine that I'd try to write the Cats fic idea that's been bouncing around in my head since I saw it a few weeks ago sometime soon so I'll already be in that mindset.

>.>

Thanks!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 04:02 PM
I know, weird, right? Usually when I see something like that my fanfic-writing abilities automatically kick in and have me thinking of a plot (not always a good one, but some kind of story at least) within seconds but this time... nothing. Maybe it's a writer's block, but it doesn't really feel like one. I dunno. Like I said, I'll attempt to write something nice for this thread this weekend. Probably the Mr. Scruffy thing, since I promised a friend of mine that I'd try to write the Cats fic idea that's been bouncing around in my head since I saw it a few weeks ago sometime soon so I'll already be in that mindset.

>.>

Thanks!

Hooray! I'll be sure to comment when I get back.

Well, did Asta's comments provoke any ideas? :smallamused:

And we're packing now. Dropped off the dog at the kennel and she FREAKED OUT. Think "Little kid's first day at preschool and really, REALLY doesn't want to be there" freakout.

So my mom's packing, which means I'm going soon. So see you guys Wednesday afternoon, and please don't post anything nasty about me behind my back; I WILL be going through the archives, just so you know. :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 04:04 PM
Ok, so all our secret snickering at Coffee behind her back will have to be edited by Wednesday. Everyone on board with that? :smallamused:

P.S. *hugs* Good Luck! Take pictures! D.S.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 04:07 PM
Ok, so all our secret snickering at Coffee behind her back will have to be edited by Wednesday. Everyone on board with that? :smallamused:

P.S. *hugs* Good Luck! Take pictures! D.S.

Oh, and we're going to the Ben and Jerry's factory! :smallbiggrin:

Have you ever heard of a Vermonster? :smalltongue: (Google it and gawk)

And of course I'll take pictures! (I guess I should post a couple of pictures from when I went to Ireland this summer too? :smallconfused:)

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 04:09 PM
*Snarls* steal my fun whydontcha *glares at male-goblin Avatar* now I need to actually make my own avatar, and then genderswap him. But if I do that, then it will look like the genderswaped version was my original one, so id need to genderswap him again, but then he wouldn’t be genderswaped!

GAHH!

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 04:12 PM
Oh, and we're going to the Ben and Jerry's factory! :smallbiggrin:

Have you ever heard of a Vermonster? :smalltongue: (Google it and gawk)

So... one for you and one for the rest of the family?

And of course I'll take pictures! (I guess I should post a couple of pictures from when I went to Ireland this summer too? :smallconfused:)

Oh yes. Although perhaps not in this thread - there have been rumblings about 40% of the thread being off-topic. :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 04:13 PM
So... one for you and one for the rest of the family?

Oh yes. Although perhaps not in this thread - there have been rumblings about 40% of the thread being off-topic. :smallamused:

Probably. :smallamused:

I'm sure that it can provide inspiration.

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:13 PM
Fresh off the production line, here's a Tiasal/Xykon picture. :smallbiggrin:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/Zanaril/OOTSart/xykonxt.png
Monochrome background = Zanaril can't draw backgrounds.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 04:16 PM
RedcloakHaley!
See, ontopic!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 04:17 PM
@ Zanaril: :smalleek: Wow.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 04:18 PM
*picture*

Very excellently done. Very excellently done indeed.

*gives cookie he swiped from Coffee*

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:18 PM
@ Zanaril: :smalleek: Wow.

Very excellently done. Very excellently done indeed.

*gives cookie he swiped from Coffee*

Thanks. :smallbiggrin:

*muches cookie*

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 04:20 PM
... You know... I still have no idea how, or WHY a skeleton would want, or even need a concubine for that matter. I mean, unless he had an extra bone attached to his pelvis...

*Shudders* okaaay! I’m not going to think about a Biofiliac skeleton anymore. But that is the first time I’ve see Tiasal outside her face as watersmurfs avatar, and that banner that shows her as a baby. But either way, i like her!

blarrrg. I R no g0ud talker 2day

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:22 PM
... You know... I still have no idea how, or WHY a skeleton would want, or even need a concubine for that matter. I mean, unless he had an extra bone attached to his pelvis...
1) Eye candy
2) Polymorph Alter Self.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 04:24 PM
1) Eye candy
2) Polymorph

Fun Fact: Most male animals, except humans, have an...Extra bone.

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:25 PM

In that case, Tsukiko should really focus her attention on non-humans...

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 04:26 PM

o.0 im a biologist and even I didint know that... im a faluuuureee!:smallsigh:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 04:27 PM

She'd just have to do a little skeletal shuffling.

And goodbye everybody!

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:28 PM

And goodbye everybody!

Bye! *hands Coffee a box of Internet Cookies for the journey*

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 04:32 PM
fairweelll!!!

... im too late arnt i >.<

...so who wants to sneak into her room and steal her stuff? :D

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:35 PM
... im too late arnt i >.<

...so who wants to sneak into her room and steal her stuff? :D

Nope, too early. :smalltongue:

The Odor
2010-02-13, 04:47 PM
Picture at top of page. Check it!!!

That is Zannril right there. Your pictures gave a friend of mine nightmares so he couldn't fix a campain and I had time to grind some levels.:smalltongue: Thank you. *Unimportant jabbering*

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 04:49 PM
...NOW can we sneak into her room?

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 05:02 PM
Your pictures gave a friend of mine nightmaresWOOT!

...NOW can we sneak into her room?
Nope, still online... :smallamused:

Don't worry Coffee, I'll keep this lot away from your stuff.

Also, I just realised I forgot the tusks again. I knew something was missing. XD *goes and starts up drawing program*

The Odor
2010-02-13, 05:08 PM
WOOT!

I know. It's really fun. If you say 'Zanaril' near him he get's all stiff (muscule wise (promise)).
Edit: Oops. Dumb mini keyboard

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 05:12 PM
... so howbout now? can we sneek into her room now?

i want her OOTS books... and her bionicle colection if she has one...

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 05:15 PM
I know. It's really fun. If you say 'Zanril' near him he get's all stiff (muscule wise (promise)).

Except my name is Zan-AR-il. :smalltongue:

Since you're spreading my name as a harbinger of squick...

... so howbout now? can we sneek into her room now?
No.

i want her OOTS books...
OOTS books?! Mine! *rushes into Coffee's room*

The Odor
2010-02-13, 05:36 PM
Except my name is Zan-AR-il. :smalltongue:

Since you're spreading my name as a harbinger of squick...

No.

OOTS books?! Mine! *rushes into Coffee's room*

*Try's to hold Zanaril back* No!!! Bad squiker!!! Bad!!!

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 05:41 PM
Invisibility.
(Goes into room)

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 05:44 PM
Invisibility.
(Goes into room)

You think there's anything left by now?

The Odor
2010-02-13, 05:56 PM
You think there's anything left by now?

Gargh!!! Stop loothing. *Tries to hide a book behind back*

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 06:09 PM
Spectral Hand. Ghouls Touch. Ghouls Touch.
(Paralyses both)
(Loots)
8D

Aaron
2010-02-13, 06:45 PM

And goodbye everybody!

Bye! Have fun. :smallsmile:

pic

:eek:

Don't worry Coffee, I'll keep this lot away from your stuff.

*tracks Coffee's movements on Goggle Earth* Wow! These satellite images are really good. I can even see in her (apparently mostly empty) bedroom. :smallbiggrin::smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 07:00 PM
(Runs with loot)
(Still invisible)
Haha take that google earth.

The Odor
2010-02-13, 07:11 PM
(Runs with loot)
(Still invisible)
Haha take that google earth.

Uhm we maybe should stay on topic.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 07:27 PM
Um.
Would you believe me if i claimed i was muttering MikoXykon under my breath all along!?

MIKOxXYKON!
...ohgod. I want to write it. >_< XD

Meg
2010-02-13, 07:37 PM
Great pic, Zanaril. I feel like such a bum because I haven't written anything in like, forever. I've been so busy, and I've got awful writers' block. Urgh. *fades back into the mists of Lurkland*

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-13, 07:44 PM
*walks in holding a sack filled with stuff looted from Coffies room*

ummm... y'aknow... i WOULD write some kind of story buuut... im just not a good writer when im useing other pepoles charicters....

... *slowly walks away*

half-halfling
2010-02-13, 08:50 PM
I've made myself a new avatar for genderbender week :smallsmile:.

Zanaril -amazing picture ,as always. This crown floating above Xykon's head looks starnge to me, but after all he is a sorcerer and wears it to look cool, so why not :smallsmile:. I like how You make them both look like people you should be afraid of.

ShinyDelusion and Sereg -thanks for comments about the story. I began to think that people hadn't noticed it.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 08:52 PM
Ooh, tis a nice avatar.

(Goes back to look at crown)

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 08:54 PM
Sorry I havent been on for a couple hours. Was hanging overa tiolet with my stomach P.O'ed at me. and I heard about the vermonster.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-13, 08:55 PM
Oh, poor you! Cure Light Wounds! Remove Disease!

BelkarTsukiko.

(Just adding a random ship to every post. XD)

icastflare!
2010-02-13, 08:57 PM
Oh, poor you! Cure Light Wounds! Remove Disease!

BelkarTsukiko.

(Just adding a random ship to every post. XD)

Thanks, your spells are the equivilent of gingerale and saltines on my stomach. and I dont have to post a random ship because I am working on rogue love.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-13, 09:05 PM
On the topic of songs for ships, V/A would probably be "Don't Stand so Close to Me" by the Police, in my mind.

Meg
2010-02-13, 09:09 PM
On the topic of songs for ships, V/A would probably be "Don't Stand so Close to Me" by the Police, in my mind.

That was actually what I was listening to as I was writing my V/A story. 'Tis a great song, if a creepy one.

Sereg
2010-02-13, 11:42 PM
I understood what you were going for Sereg it just didn't quite work properly.

I got it, but when i come to think about it, it is slightly out of place. Sorry. Good tho.

Aaaaaaaaargh! I have failed you all as an author. I must think of an appropriate penance. At least I got the mood right. Thank you to those who are enjoying the fic otherwise and sorry that I didn’t manage to get that part right. Anyway, here is part 6 of “More than Just Duty”:

Oh Twelve Gods, why have you turned from me? Is it my destiny to be abandoned by all whom I love? No, I will not accept that this is my fate. You have a plan for me. I need only to discover it. The other prisoners are distracting. If only I could be alone with you. Then I would know when you showed me my destiny. Wait, someone is coming. Could it be? Yes, it’s Sangwaan!

“Sangwaan, have you come back to me?” I ask. Could this be the time when things finally begin to come right? When I will be rewarded for my duty to the gods. Will she return to me and reveal how I can atone to the gods. “I am here on Hinjo’s orders.” She says coldly. “Hinjo has asked us to bring all prisoners over level five to see him. However, I think he has seen enough of you, Miko.” She turns to the guards. “According to the official records, we need to bring the halfling, the goth theurge, the larcenist and the old kidnapper.”

As the guards lead the prisoners off, I call out, “How could you still be so bitter?”
“Go ahead, I’ll handle this.” She says to the guards. When we are alone, she begins to speak, “I thought that we had finished this discussion years ago. You disobeyed my orders. How can I trust you again? And now, once again, you have proved your tendency to kill people whom you were merely meant to take into custody. I’m actually shocked at the patience the Twelve have shown you. You should have fallen after you killed that necrocarnate.”
“How can you believe that?” I ask, “He threatened YOU! It was for your safety.”
“He was an INCARNUM user.” she replies, “I am a WIZARD. What was he going to do?”
I hesitate, “He could have gotten lucky and critted you with a greataxe...” I begin.
“The greataxe that we would have confiscated?” she asks.
“Um…” I say, “No…the one that he may have kept hidden in case he was captured.” Sangwaan places her face in her palm before suddenly lifting it and beginning to wildly gesture whilst yelling, “Because of your indiscretion, he will be raised and reach 18th level in service of an evil, hobgoblin army! Perhaps this army. I didn’t bother checking.”
“Will he have any useful class features by then?” I ask.
“Well, no...but it's the principle of the thing!” answers Sangwaan. “I’m finished with this conversation. Goodbye, Miko.” She walks out the door.
“No, Sangwaan!” I cry, “Don’t leave me again! Sangikins…!”

For those of you who don’t know, I must give Raging Gene Ray credit for the incarnum joke which I used practically word for word with just a couple of minor additions. I hope that it adds some light humour to an otherwise sad scene. Unless my plans change, only the final part is left.

PS. Happy Single Awareness Day.

Reynard
2010-02-14, 03:37 AM
Are there any Crack pictures that people are waiting for?

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 04:32 AM
XD
Loveit!
So... what's an incarnum user?

MikoRedcloak

The Odor
2010-02-14, 04:50 AM
Are there any Crack pictures that people are waiting for?

I don't know about already asked for pics but I can make a request. This Goddess (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0073.html) and Durkon. Why you ask? I like norse mythology.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 05:06 AM
Elan and the Fertility Goddess. (Nodnod)

Taekwondodo
2010-02-14, 05:57 AM

Undead bestiality? :smalleek::smalleek:
I don't know if that's more squicky than bestiality on its own or not.

Mmm...Vermonster. I could so eat that by myself!

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 06:07 AM
Undead bestiality?
Well, that's another interpretation.

I don't know if that's more squicky than bestiality on its own or not.
I think it's probably another one of those things that needs a chart.

Like that genderswitching chart I made, I wonder where that went...

Taekwondodo
2010-02-14, 06:21 AM
Well, that's another interpretation.

Oh yeah, I forgot there wasn't just humans in the DnD'verse. Although as "humanoid" how close are they to human?

I think it's probably another one of those things that needs a chart.

Like that genderswitching chart I made, I wonder where that went...

The one in the table? That was a couple of threads ago.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 07:22 AM
Well, there is the bit with the oracle talking about the Druid whose wife cheats on him with his animal companion. XD
Are there werewolves? TsukikoxUndeadWerewolf

Sereg
2010-02-14, 07:26 AM
XD
Loveit!
So... what's an incarnum user?

Thank you. But I'm starting to develop an intense hatred of the last line. It doesn't do what I wanted it to and I'm thinking of rewriting it.

An incarnum user is someone who borrows the souls of others and uses them to create soulmelds which are a lot like temporary magic items. Usually, the soul suffers no ill effects. Necrocarnates, however, force good souls to serve them in a method that's described as torture to the soul. Incarnum was mentioned in the strip where Redcloak interrogates O-Chul.

@Reynard I doubt anyone would object to you illistrating any pairining as long as it complies to the rules.

EDIT: Yes, there are werewolves in D&D, as well as were-pretty much everything else's.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-14, 07:42 AM
EDIT: Yes, there are werewolves in D&D, as well as were-pretty much everything else's.

Such as the not so infamous Ass-were, a Were-donkey.

Saeyan
2010-02-14, 07:45 AM
Fret not, people, I haven't abandoned you guys! I'm just really busy and no longer have time to check in and read everything. But I'll still drop a picture parcel or two once in a while.

This was part of a 3.5-paneler with a sad ending for V, but y'know, I figured poor elf's gotta get a happy ending once in a while.

Plus happy V is just. So. Cute.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/krysjez/oots/vday.jpg

Happy new year, bitches! (like "dawgs". I hear they say that in America.)

Asta Kask
2010-02-14, 07:47 AM
Excellent as always.

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 07:49 AM
This was part of a 3.5-paneler with a sad ending for V, but y'know, I figured poor elf's gotta get a happy ending once in a while.

Plus happy V is just. So. Cute.

D'awww.
I wonder who V's talking to? *imagines a room full of every character V's ever been shipped with*

And as always, I'm now curous about what the original idea was. XD

Sereg
2010-02-14, 07:58 AM
Such as the not so infamous Ass-were, a Were-donkey.

Ass-weres and were-donkeys are not the same thing. Were-donkeys are humanoids that can change into donkeys (usually at the full-moon) whereas ass-weres are donkeys that can change into humanoids (if I remember correctly, usually at the new-moon).

Now to keep this on topic, who should we ship them with?

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 08:01 AM
Ass-weres and were-donkeys are not the same thing. Were-donkeys are humanoids that can change into donkeys (usually at the full-moon) whereas ass-weres are donkeys that can change into humanoids (if I remember correctly, usually at the new-moon).

Now to keep this on topic, who should we ship them with?

1)Vaarsuvius.
2)Everybody else.

:smallbiggrin:

Saeyan
2010-02-14, 08:09 AM
stuff
It would have worked better in stick-form with squarish panels, I think. Or as a short clip, done all cinematically and stuff. It was longer at first, but can pretty much be distilled into ~3 (and optional half) panels:

0. Same panel, except eyes are turned down kind of bashful-like at the ground.
--little monologue has started
1. That panel.
--monologue starts to wind up, something along the lines of "happy Valentine's day" comes up
2. Eyes widen, general :smallfrown: face
(optional 2.5) close-up dropped flowers
3. Door closes
(another optional half) establishing shot for context (in the longer version this panel is unnecessary because there's fluff and filler prior to panel 1)

I think I'm kind of getting the androgynous look down!

1)Vaarsuvius and Vaarsuvius' many clones, polymorphed into everybody else

Fixed that for you.

PS: immensely adorable picture, Zan.

Reynard
2010-02-14, 08:24 AM
I don't know about already asked for pics but I can make a request. This Goddess (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0073.html) and Durkon. Why you ask? I like norse mythology.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4355589845_21722506fe_o.png

Well, what do you think of my first ever Crack pairing?

Taekwondodo
2010-02-14, 08:25 AM
Well, there is the bit with the oracle talking about the Druid whose wife cheats on him with his animal companion. XD
Are there werewolves? TsukikoxUndeadWerewolf

Werewolves are usually classed (in Hollywood at least) as undead, which annoys me sometimes as they aren't really. They're still human for three weeks of the month, just cursed.

Sereg
2010-02-14, 08:26 AM
@Zanaril and Saeyan I kind of expected answers like those. Other than our little black dress, however, I thought that Windstriker might be appropriate, as might (in a more obscure fashion) Thor's might Durkon (with the whole "shapechanging" thing). Actually, with that logic, we may be able to ask for the return of badger!V! Yay!

EDIT: That picture is awesome! And I can see it! Yay!

Saeyan
2010-02-14, 09:23 AM
Sereg: Pay no heed to that, I just like V because it's easy to write/draw...no wait actually robes are super annoying to draw.

I just realized that today is V Day! Happy V Day! (realized when I saw the picture was vday.jpg)

Lawyergoblin
2010-02-14, 09:48 AM
Alright people, I have been working on this for a while, but only began typing today. This is all I have right now:smallfrown:, and I'm sorry for that, but, because I have it planned out, it won't be such a huge span of time in-between this one and the next. Long sentence, nevertheless, I hope you enjoy!

For the next few hours, Vaarsuvius drifted in and out of consciousness. At one point, she was ripped from her dreams by sharp pull on her hair. Bleary eyes opened, to see that same damned dark elf, kneeling in front of her. He had no mercy in his face. “Drink,” he said sternly, forcing a mug of dark liquid to her mouth. Vaarsuvius struggled, trying to free herself, but the more she moved, the more she saw and understood. She was bound and lying next to one of the rocks on her pitiful island. Peering about through half open eyes, she caught glimpses of equipment strewn about, her own and the drow’s.

glancing at her feeble struggle, Zz’dtri spoke again. “Fine, if that’s how your going to act, I make you drink this.” his hand shot out, grabbing her face in his hand, prying her jaw open just enough so he could pour the scummy liquid down her throat. It was fiery, and burned Vaarsuvius’s throat, landing heavily in her stomach. Immediately she was fully functional, able to speak and see all of the island in which she was trapped.

“I’m not dead?” Vaarsuvius spoke carefully, afraid for the first time in her life of the consequences of her actions. “No, I’m afraid not.” Zz’dtri said, his backed turned to the high elf, “that drink I gave keeps you functional, but immobile in all body sections, not including the face of course. It’s my own concoction, and I use quite often.” In response Vaarsuvius tried to move, but was unable, she had lost control of her own self. “You bastard, what’s your idea? If the found you my allies would kill you in a moment!” Vaarsuvius shot at him. “Ah, I thought your assistances would come with, but look at my luck. You spurned them and flew away in a rage. What could be more perfect?” a rare smile came to Zz’dtri’s face.

“I would kill you were you stand if it were not for these bonds,” Vaarsuvius’s face reddened and voice raised, she was not accustomed to a situation where she had no power. “Again, I have beaten, for I’m quite sure you would not want to let this go to waste.” Vaarsuvius let out a quick gasp. The drow had her spell book.

Comments, complaints, suggestions, ideas, anything accepted.

I added this if you want to read them all as one:

Vaarsuvius rested on the small island, leaning back against the rock. She read on inside of her book, hoping to immerse herself in something so meaningless so she wouldn’t have to relive the same memories over and over. Every time she even blinked, she could see the soldiers face, contorted with rage, anger directed at her, for her own useless magic. Vaarsuvius hung her head in shame. She knew she should have done something, anything to help those soldiers. Her head ached, and her arms hung loosely at her sides from tiredness, but she forced herself not to trance.

Eventually she grew tired of her book. The sun blared over the island, and shade was impossible to find. Piling her books enough high enough so she could read while standing up, the accursed imp returned to her. It floated close by, but still a small distance away. “So…hey there, again.” The small imp asked, flying closer, beating its small wings. “Great gods of magic, have you actually returned?” Vaarsuvius replied dryly, almost completely locked into her reading. Vaarsuvius inwardly groaned as the demon pressed on, asking about the magic the elf used and how to make it better. “Nothing a mage like you couldn’t finish in a few weeks, at the most.”

Raising her arm to be level with the flying imp, which glowed with magical energy, and responded calmly; “You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting.”
“By design.”

“It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: Disintegrate!” shouting the spell, a green ray of crackling magic shot out of her extended hand. “Whoa! Hey, you almost hit me with that!” the imp shot upwards, crying out in fright at the aspect of becoming a small pile of dust.

“Apologies, I will endeavor to aim more accurately next round, spawn of hell!” The imp flew into the air again, hoping to dodge as Vaarsuvius prepared to cast a second spell. Before she could release the words to cast it again, she heard a whispered voice from behind her, “Vaarsuvius, you may want to save yours spells, you’re going to need them.”

Spinning around, Vaarsuvius saw a figure floating in the air. “What, surprised to see me all of the sudden?” the Drow grinned, green magic crackling in his dark hand.

Zz’dtri stayed floating in the air, nearly twenty feet above the rocky island. Almost seconds after he had made his presence known to Vaarsuvius she summoned power from within her, releasing it in a great gout of flame. Zz’dtri stayed motionless, but mumbled something Vaarsuvius could not understand. When the flames died away, a small globe of green magic pulsed around the dark elf. Still smiling he gently flew down level with the elf, talking calmly. “Still using the same fire, Vaarsuvius? I would have expected something a little more, inventive…”

He kept coming forward, as Vaarsuvius took steps back trying to open the gap between them. Before she could react, he cast a spell quickly, flying from his hands; “Hold person.” Caught by surprise, Vaarsuvius felt her strength drain away, leaving her standing with an startled expression on her pointed face. The Drow circled the elf, studying her. Finally he landed in front of her. Murmuring softly, Zz’dtri continued to speak, his tone turning from angered to rage. “I was placed in a cell. I was starved, and torn from the magic that had become such an important part of my life, like it has to you. I treated horribly directly because of you. You and your damned method of finding loopholes, some horrible problem every person around you except for your own damned self.”

By the end of his speech Zz’dtri was shaking with anger, but as soon as he had become angered he was calm again, speaking in his normal whispered state. Vaarsuvius felt strength flow back into her. Once the spell the Drow had cast she planned to fight back with every ounce of strength she had. “I could use a spell to stop his own, or impair his movement. Forcecage may wo-” Her thoughts where cut short when the dark elf grabbed her throat. Her mind was blank, she couldn’t breath. Her only intent was to last on what little air she had.

With his one hand Zz’dtri held Vaarsuvius. His other stayed to one of the scimitars on his back. He pulled it form the sheath, turning the tip to Vaarsuvius’s thin neck, just close enough to draw a thin line of blood. “I would have expected you to have shrugged off the spell by now, elf. I suppose it doesn’t matter. It fills you with a power, doesn’t it? Being able to kill your worst enemy any time you choose?” He gave a soft laugh, and continued, “But I’m not going to kill you…” He released Vaarsuvius, who dropped to her knees, gasping in air. Finally she spoke.

“Why…not?” Zz’dtri stared down at her, no mercy in his eyes. “I have something better in store for you. But for now, take a nap.” He swung the scimitar down, landing a heavy blow on Vaarsuvius’s head, who crumpled to the ground with a groan. Zz’dtri could only grin wickedly. Soon the dragon would arrive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next few hours, Vaarsuvius drifted in and out of consciousness. At one point, she was ripped from her dreams by sharp pull on her hair. Bleary eyes opened, to see that same damned dark elf, kneeling in front of her. He had no mercy in his face. “Drink,” he said sternly, forcing a mug of dark liquid to her mouth. Vaarsuvius struggled, trying to free herself, but the more she moved, the more she saw and understood. She was bound and lying next to one of the rocks on her pitiful island. Peering about through half open eyes, she caught glimpses of equipment strewn about, her own and the drow’s.

glancing at her feeble struggle, Zz’dtri spoke again. “Fine, if that’s how your going to act, I make you drink this.” his hand shot out, grabbing her face in his hand, prying her jaw open just enough so he could pour the scummy liquid down her throat. It was fiery, and burned Vaarsuvius’s throat, landing heavily in her stomach. Immediately she was fully functional, able to speak and see all of the island in which she was trapped.

“I’m not dead?” Vaarsuvius spoke carefully, afraid for the first time in her life of the consequences of her actions. “No, I’m afraid not.” Zz’dtri said, his backed turned to the high elf, “that drink I gave keeps you functional, but immobile in all body sections, not including the face of course. It’s my own concoction, and I use quite often.” In response Vaarsuvius tried to move, but was unable, she had lost control of her own self. “You bastard, what’s your idea? If the found you my allies would kill you in a moment!” Vaarsuvius shot at him. “Ah, I thought your assistances would come with, but look at my luck. You spurned them and flew away in a rage. What could be more perfect?” a rare smile came to Zz’dtri’s face.

“I would kill you were you stand if it were not for these bonds,” Vaarsuvius’s face reddened and voice raised, she was not accustomed to a situation where she had no power. “Again, I have beaten, for I’m quite sure you would not want to let this go to waste.” Vaarsuvius let out a quick gasp. The drow had her spell book.

:smallfrown:That's it? I was hoping them all together would be longer...

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 10:03 AM
:smallfrown:That's it? I was hoping them all together would be longer...

I'm enjoying it so far. :smallbiggrin:

NemoUtopia
2010-02-14, 11:10 AM
Your art skillz makes the Nemo jealous because he kain't @_@ great stuff! New fics are always good too, and I'm glad folks have enjoyed Miko's Heart.

As for gender-bender week, I have a different avatar I'm working on with a submission for the Avatar of Love contest...the idea of which I won't say because it's a surprise :smalltongue:

And yeah, the werewolf=vampire treatment bothers me on so many levels. I'm hoping the remake of Wolfman (whether it's actually good or not) will draw Hollywood away from that...the only good werewolves treated as werewolves flicks that spring to mind are the "American Werewolf" flicks!

You folks are busy-bees...with the avatars also in the works my next content update could take as long as Wednesay, but I should have Xykon's Toy Part 1 and V-Vgs this week in addition to the avatars.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 11:24 AM
Werewolves are not a type of undead. :/
Unless someone killed them and bought them back. Duh. Same as anyone else.

Story looks nice, whoever it was!
(Fails)

Asta Kask
2010-02-14, 01:05 PM
*imagines a room full of every character V's ever been shipped with*

That would have to be a rather large room.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 01:20 PM
Probably a reasonably large demiplane.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-14, 01:47 PM
happy singles awareness day eavryone! and to celibradte, i shall do my first crack pairing!... i hope...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6239/thoq.jpg
happy singles-awareness day Thoq! :D

Reynard
2010-02-14, 02:55 PM
Anybody else got a request?

I've got nothing better to do. (Damn lazy PCs)

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 03:21 PM
Hmm... could you do something like the Last Stand of the eastern gods? Like, hades and Persephone with bows fighting valiantly against the snarl, holding hands or kissing or something?

Only thing i can think of.

Reynard
2010-02-14, 03:24 PM
Well, I can certainly try.

The Eastern gods were the Greek rip-offs, weren't they?

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 03:35 PM
Yep, they were. ^_^ Thanks.
Hades=Death god, roman name pluto
Persephone=his wife

If you didn't know. DXD You probably did~

Thanks again!

Closak
2010-02-14, 04:14 PM
Nale was sitting down in a glade in the forest.

Sabine had set him up for a "Blind Date" for Valentine's day and this was where he was supposed to meet her.

Knowing Sabine, it would likely end in a three-some...Did fiends even celebrate Valentine's?

Anyway, there he was, sitting on his ass like a...something...whatever.

His thoughts were interupted by the sound of wings fluttering.

Nale looked up...and nearly panicked when a giant Black Dragon descended on him.

"Hello handsome, want some spice?" The dragon said looking at him with lust in her eyes.

Unholy fiends, what had Sabine gotten him into?

The dragon came closer, swishing her hindquarters back and forth in a seductive way.

"Come here boy"

---CENSORED---

---MEANWHILE---

The IFCC were watching what was going on on their television while munching popcorn.

"Geez, that's some hot stuff" Nero said.

"Your Mileage Might Vary!" Cedrik muttered while stabbing himself in the face repeatedly with a spoon.

"You know you don't have to watch it" Lee sighed.

Suddenly Sabine came flying past them, muttering under her breath about being late and wanting to join in.

"...Okay..." Lee said.

"Hey boss...bosses...whatever...what's happenin- AGH MY EYES!" Qarr said/Screamed as he came fluttering in.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 04:25 PM
XDDDDD

Is it a cold iron spoon? XP

Closak
2010-02-14, 04:32 PM
Yes, yes it is.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 04:35 PM
Touche. XD

Liked the story, by the way. XD

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 04:36 PM
I would have guessed a silver spoon. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 04:38 PM
I missed a pun. DX

SEPPUKU

Ohwait, chaotic. XD

Soon KimxSerini

Meg
2010-02-14, 04:55 PM
Yep, they were. ^_^ Thanks.
Hades=Death god, roman name pluto
Persephone=his wife

If you didn't know. DXD You probably did~

Thanks again!

Hades was the god of finance and the underworld, not death. That was Thanatos. Sorry to jump down your throat, I'm a bit anal of a Greek myth fanatic.

EDIT: I don't think anyone really cares that much, but as of Wednesday, I shall be dropping off the radar entirely for 40 days. I'm giving up internet forums for Lent.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 05:03 PM
(Bows)
You're quite right. I'm oversimplifying. He's lord of the dead more than death.

Closak
2010-02-14, 05:14 PM
So...Does anyone else have any comments or criticism about my story?

I put several puns and a couple of obscure references in there...:smallredface:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 05:16 PM
I got the reference to a Trope name. XD

Closak
2010-02-14, 05:21 PM
"Your Mileage Might Vary!" Cedrik muttered while stabbing himself in the face repeatedly with a spoon.

Yeah, there was three puns/jokes/references in that sentence alone.

"Hello handsome, want some spice?"

Another reference. Specifically to this picture (http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/LoS-A-Little-Spice-86802867)

"Blind Date" for Valentine's day

There's another one.

"Hey boss...bosses...whatever...what's happenin- AGH MY EYES!"

And another one.

And the repeated use of muttering and the word "Whatever" is also a reference

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 05:46 PM
XDDD

Blind date cause he stabbed himself in the face with a spoon? I dunno. XD

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 06:47 PM
I felt guilty about not doing anything for Valentines Day, so here's a short ficlet.

Aarindarius first realised something was up when he opened his eyes to find a bunch of freshly cut flowers on his pillow. That was the first clue.

The blooms were small and pale, a species which he knew to grow in the woods around the area, although few would be blossoming this early in the year. Whoever had found and cut them must have taken a lot of effort. He sat there pondering the flowers for a while, before getting up to find some water for them.

It was Vaarsuvius of course. No-one else would have been able to sneak into his room – let alone his tower - not if their intent was as harmless as leaving a gift. His apprentice had been acting oddly recently. First there had been the increasing amount of time spent away from the tower – well, that was to be expected, and if anything he was glad the elf was interacting with other people. But then when the younger elf was to be found, she always seemed distracted. Mind elsewhere. Staring into space.

He could have sworn she had kept staring at him, too. It was unnerving to look up from the book one was reading, only to see your apprentice blush and look away. His concerns were briefly laid to rest (and a whole new set of concerns acquired) when he found out that Vaarsuvius had started seeing an adolescent from the village. Soon after, the staring had stopped much to his relief.

And now the flowers.

Maybe he was simply looking into it too much. They weren’t as communicative as they had been; when once Vaarsuvius had followed him around all day hanging onto his every word, he now was lucky to see her at all except when she approached him to ask help with a particularly tricky spell or translation, and even that was becoming less and less frequent. While it saddened him that they were drifting apart, he let her have her distance. She was just growing up.

So maybe this was a peace offering of sorts?

He carried the small bouquet down to the kitchen, where he took a tall cut glass and half filled it. He trimmed the stems with a knife then placed them in the water.

He put the glass on the table.

He sat down, and for some time he just gazed at the flowers, thinking.

There was a small noise behind him. He spun around and was just quick enough to catch a glimpse of purple hair snatching out of sight. With a sigh, he turned back to the glass. The other thought he had was pushed away, out of sight and out of mind.

The next morning, he could smell the fresh flowers before he even looked.

For the next three days, each morning there were flowers.

On the fourth day, he opened his eyes to see purple hair. That was the second clue. There was a brief moment where his trance-addled mind flailed wildly, but he quickly assured himself that his apprentice certainly hadn’t been there when he had gone to bed. However there was still the matter that the younger elf was certainly there now, and that she was pressed up against his side with one arm wrapped around his waist. Thankfully they were both clothed.

“Vaarsuvius.”

The name was said more sharply than he had intended, and the arm was rapidly withdrawn as the elf in question sat up, looking very guilty. Aarindarius squirmed away from her and also sat up, raising an eyebrow.

“…I had a bad trance memory?”

Aarindarius paused. When she had first been apprenticed to him and the tower become her permanent residence, there had been several occasions she had found him in the middle of the night for that same reason – usually in his study, but once of twice in his room. In both cases, he would have read something to her, and once her eyes where starting to droop shut he would have carried her back to her room and tucked her into her own bed. True, in those times when she drew him from his trancing, she would cuddle against him under the blankets while he read, but never had she stayed there the whole night.

She had not done that for years. He didn’t think this was the case now, and as if to confirm it the smell of those flowers reached his nose. He spotted today’s offering on the opposite bedside table, delicate lilac petals this time. They had almost certainly been picked less than half an hour ago.

He gave the flowers a purposeful look, and then glanced back to his apprentice. A second later Vaarsuvius was off of the bed and out of the door.

With a sigh, Aarindarius got up and headed down the stairs to follow her.

He found her in the kitchen, leaning against the counter and staring at the wall, her face flushed bright pink. He noticed that her shoulders tensed slightly as he entered the room.

“Vaarsuvius, I’m not angry with you.”

The shoulders relaxed. Slightly.

With a sigh, Aarindarius went and stood next to her, taking up a similar pose. Vaarsuvius fidgeted.

“I thought you were in a relationship with someone… Inkyrius, wasn’t it?”

“We- I was. I broke up with Kyrie. We had an argument.”

Aarindarius sighed, and put an arm around her shoulders. “When?”

Vaarusvius hesitated a moment, then mumbled “…a week ago.”

She raised a hand to her face, and vigorously rubbed her eyes. It was rare for her to cry, and she wasn’t going to let it go on this time. Aarindarius tightened the one armed hug. “It’s alright to be upset.” There was no reply “You know I’ll always be here to listen if you need someone to talk to? I appreciate the flowers, but you don’t need to-“

Vaarsuvius kissed the corner of his mouth quite purposefully.

She tried to kiss him again - possibly fully on the lips - but the older wizard would never know because before she could do so he stepped away, leaving a gap between them. Vaarsuvius stared for a moment, and then burst into tears.

“You hate me!”

Alarmed, Aarindarius stepped forward and hugged her again, wrapping his arms around her shaking shoulders.

She buried her face in his chest. “I love you, but you hate me!”

“Shhh.”

He stood there, hugging her until the sobbing quieted down, but still not letting go. “I don’t hate you. I love you Vaarsuvius, but not in the way you think you want me to.”

“I do love you! I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you! I don’t need anyone else!” She tried to kiss him again, but once more he held her at arms length.

“I’m your teacher, your mentor and your friend, Vaarsuvius. But I can’t be your lover. You know that too, you’re just upset and you need someone to sympathise with you.”

Vaarsuvius stared mutely at him. “I still love him.” She whispered finally, and began to talk.

It was a month later that Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius were back on talking terms, and a year before they were going out again. It was another ten years later that they married.

Aarindarius watched and was happy for her, but he had lied. He could have loved her and have been in love with her; it was Vaarsuvius who had never really wanted that. And so, for her sake, he had to let her go.

I scrounged it up quickly, so it's probably not that good.

It was supposed to be cute, but then somehow wrote itself into being a bit depressing. And V probably isn't in character. :smallannoyed:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 06:50 PM
Dawwwwwwwww.
(Ships AarindariusV)

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 06:52 PM
Dawwwwwwwww.
(Ships AarindariusV)

I do too, but this is the closest I can get. :smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 06:54 PM
Dawww.
(hugs you)

Water-Smurf
2010-02-14, 07:13 PM

*waves* See you.

*Hugs Water-Smurf*

What happened? (If you wish to tell).

I hope you feel better.

*sighs* *chugs green liquid* If you want to hear, you'll probably be here for a while.

*hugs* Good to know you're okay. I was starting to get slightly worried.

I'm not planning on doing anything stupid. I love my family and friends too much to make them go through that. You don't need to worry. :)

Due to the fact I was under for several pages, I'm not replying to everything. I'm verbose as it is and I don't want this post to be a mile long when I just want to sleep and recuperate.

And I have a PotG update. It isn't very good quality, but I read it through and I revised it, so I can't see much else to do.

“Two moons? Two moons?!”

Aphrodite scowled, crossing her arms and glaring defiantly. “She was impudent. She deserves to be punished.”

“Oh, you haven’t grown out of that ‘I’m a god and therefore have the right to act like an overgrown child’ mindset?”

Prometheus straightened out his white suit, glaring at the goddess in front of him, his broken shackles rattling. Aphrodite flared, her eyes glowing brightly. “You would do well you remember your place, Uncle!”

“And you would do well you remember yours,” he said brusquely, waving his hand. “You acted like a spoiled infant and that young lady must pay.” He paused. “That is something that I doubt that you will ever fully appreciate the significance of. But more consequentially for you, you’re tantrum threatens her ability to reproduce. I did not design humanity to be able to simply pop children out like an assembly line!” He crossed his arms, his brow furrowed. “They need rest, regeneration, and time to spend with the infants they already have.”

“She was disrespectful!”

“She is a confused, married, and pregnant young woman and you turned up in the night and began to molest her while dithering on about how her future offspring will all be sex symbols. You’re lucky she only told you to leave and never come back.” Prometheus frowned and paced around the broken temple, ignoring the frail breeze and the blood at his abdomen. “Just because you are now a war goddess does not mean you are invincible. You need a vassal, as does any other god that wishes to exist. Hecate will not allow you to threaten that with your childish antics.”

“Hecate does not control me!”

Prometheus scowled at the sex goddess, staying silent for a long moment. “…If you do not want to bow to her rule, you do not have to. But she is the closest thing we have to wisdom anymore, even without the Crone. Destruction is in your path, Aphrodite, and we will not allow you to drag us down as well.”

He turned away and started to fade. “Artemis is in charge of the moons, Aphrodite. Whenever the God Mother gives birth, the lunar cycle will slow. She will have at least eighteen regular moons to heal.”

Fire danced in Aphrodite’s hair and streamed from her eyes. “YOU DARE—”

“I will not allow your foolishness to doom us, and I will not allow you to force that woman to suffer just because you have an overly inflated sense of entitlement,” Prometheus said softly, then he was gone.

“YOU’LL REGRET THIS, PROMETHEUS! YOU WILL REGRET UNDERMINING MY AUTHORITY!”

The goddess raged, but the Titan was already gone.

---

Mijung slowly faded to consciousness on her belly, the side of her face pressed to the firm but soft pillow, facing the other edge of the bed. The covers on the other side were carefully made, and there was the slightest indent on the pillow, but no one was there. The woman reached out a hand, fingering the spot as though she were a jilted lover. The area was cold. The room was empty. Yutrin was gone.

Mijung drew her arm back, fingering the locket at her throat. He had left her. Had he fled because she was a burden? A threat?

Dull despair hit her stomach, but there was almost nothing left to take. Her husband. Soon. She couldn’t forget him. She loved him too much to forget.

But how could a mortal’s love and desire hold against the power of the gods?

And how could she even survive in this world? She didn’t see any food or water on their way through. And she wasn’t sure if she could even provide for herself once her stomach swelled. And Yutrin was gone.

She had been stupid to hope that the coward would help her.

She ignored the niggling memory of his tenderness the night before.

Mijung clenched her fists, tempted to curl into a ball, but she needed to find something to eat and drink before the dull ache in her stomach and the dryness in her throat really kicked in. She pushed the covers back.

The door swung open.

“We’re in luck, Mijung. There’s a river around two miles from here, and there’s a bunch of plants growing. I don’t see any sign of farm crops—it looks like the farms around here died a while ago—but the wild food seems fine.”

Mijung sat up, blinking in surprise as Yutrin walked in, carrying a giant basket of water strapped on his back (Mijung took a moment to marvel at the craftsmanship—the reeds were woven so tightly that not a drop escaped) and a dark leather pack of wild vegetables and fruit. He took the basket off without spilling anything, hands working with it with the autonomy that only came with experience, and he let the pack lightly plop to the ground. “It takes a while to walk there and back because of the glass and metal, but I saw a lot of abandoned houses—I found the basket and the bag in one of them—so maybe there’re more supplies we can use. Maybe shoes or sandals that won’t be shredded. Speaking of which, how are your feet and arm healing up? Any sign of infection?”

Mijung stared at him for a long while, noting that the burns on his ear, shoulders, hands, and arms were still there and looking quite raw. She also noted that he still wasn’t wearing a shirt.

He had come back.

“Mijung?”

Yutrin looked up curiously, ears drooping slightly, and he squirmed in place before kneeling down and reaching into the leather bag, carefully pulling out a pair of scorched used tongs, old cloth, and rocks. He tossed the rocks gently into the fire and placed the basket of water carefully on the ground. “Are you still angry?”

“You came back.”

Yutrin’s ears twitched in confusion and he pulled several olives from the bag, giving the majority to Mijung before nibbling on a few. “Of course.”

Mijung crossed her arms, frowning, and sat up comfortably on the bed, eating the olives one by one. “I’m a burden, though. Pretty soon, I won’t be able to contribute anything. You’ll have to provide for us both. It’s not likely you’ll be able to.”

“Give me some credit, Mijung.” The stones in the hearth started to glow, and Yutrin took the tongs and carefully picked two out, dropping them in the water basket and quickly putting the cloth over the top before the steam could escape. “I get scared a lot. I know that. It’s the reason I’ve been able to survive so long. But there’s a difference between self-preservation and just being a dirty coward.” He finished off his olives and pulled out a clean turnip, giving it to the woman on the bed. “Running away from a war party when you have no offensive spells prepared is self-preservation. Abandoning a pregnant woman in the middle of nowhere with no way to provide for or protect herself is just wrong.”

He carefully dropped two more red-hot stones in, keeping the cloth on the top, then pulled the cooled rocks out of the water and threw them in the hearth again. “I became a cleric because I want to help people. Helping people sometimes comes at a price.”

Mijung frowned at him as he slowly rose the temperature of the water, watching as it started to boil. Where did he learn how to do that?

“…I misjudged you, Yutrin. I’m sorry.”

Yutrin shrugged and smiled up at her, golden eyes shining in the scant light from outside. “Don’t worry, Mijung. Humans do it a lot with goblins. You want something to drink?”

“…Yes, please. That would be nice.”

Yutrin’s ears perked and he pulled two clay cups out of the leather bag and dipped them in the boiling water, letting them cool before giving one to Mijung. He took a sip, claws making tiny indentations on the cups. “…You know, I promise that I won’t abandon you, even if I’m scared. Even when you can’t walk around anymore, even when you’re giving birth, even when you’re nursing, even when you have a little girl or boy to take care of… I’m not going to leave.”

Mijung frowned, contemplating her water, then looked over at the goblin. “How do I know that you’re telling the truth?”

Yutrin shrugged, sipping quietly. “I came back today, didn’t I?”

“…” Mijung finished her water, then stood from the bed. “You did.” She ignored the pain in her feet, noting that it looked like they were healing up nicely, and made sure that the cloth wrap around them was thick. “You’re probably tired from tromping around all last night and this morning. Have some rest. I’ll explore for a bit.”

Yutrin straightened, looking as though he would protest.

“I promise I’ll be back soon. I need to take a walk, and I might as well try to be helpful while I can.” Mijung bent down and gave him a chaste kiss on the top of his head. Yutrin stiffened, his ears perking, the tips going pink and a blush coming to his cheeks. By the time he snapped out of his daze, she was gone.

It took him a while to realize that that had been her way of apologizing.

---

“Mother would tell me I was a pretty girl
Then she would cry all night
Nobody thinks that really they’re being cruel
When they suggest that I should try to look like them
As if God loved the pretty ones best.”

Mijung looked up curiously, listening hard, but the music was being carried by the wind. She hesitantly followed it, hoping against hope that there were more sapient beings aside from those thrice-damned gods. She carefully avoided stepping on any of the glass or metal, walking towards a giant columned building that looked like it had once been grand.

She walked up the steps and slipped past the columns, coming to what looked to be an old courtyard. She noted with relief that it didn’t have the glass and metal of the outside. Dying vines clung to the columns, drooping sadly, and the last vestiges of bushes and flowers had turned to nothing but brown, crackly brambles on equally brown grass. The fountain at the center had mucky green water, moss happily growing inside and floating on top of it, and there were three stone women holding pots, presumably what used to let the water flow. The women had a few things missing—a nose here, an arm there—and vines curled around them. Stone chunks littered the ground; they looked as though they were parts of other statues that had been broken over the years. Some of their remnants remained intact. Mijung crouched down and picked up an open stone hand, admiring the craftsmanship. If it hadn’t been stone, she would have thought it was an actual hand.

Mijung straightened, looking around for some sign of more to the building. Past the fountain, there was a big wooden door with scratches all over it. She walked towards it, then pulled it open slowly, careful to listen for any sign of the ancient thing falling down on her. It held fast to its hinges and allowed her into the building.

The woman stepped inside, the door closing behind her, and gasped.

A complex mosaic, still intact after gods-knew how long, was fixed on the ceiling, spilling out over the walls and completed on the floor. It felt like she was in the sky. The floor was clouds, gods and goddesses she couldn’t name all sitting upon their thrones and looking down lovingly below, and a parting in the cloud showed her the earth, but the mountains, trees, rivers, and oceans made a body, a face, a smile, a woman that seemed to breathe, even despite the fact she was only a design. Mijung looked up, and past the clouds, she saw the night sky, men and women made of stars so vivid that they glowed running across the ceiling. She could see the stars, men, and women joining in a greater picture, the picture of a man, greater than any of the gods on the clouds or any mortal on the earth woman. This was the true power of this world, and it was all Mijung could do to not fall to her knees in awe and worship.

After the initial wonder wore off, Mijung took a moment to mentally praise the artists. This was amazing craftsmanship.

She took a moment to examine the actual room. In the middle of one of the oceans, there was a giant basin with several big faucets on the edge; a mosaic of merpeople swimming through with fish in coral reef with a waterfall leading into it across the inner walls. It was a giant public bath.

Mijung tentatively fingered one of the great faucets, then squeezed, turning.

The pipes rumbled and Mijung jumped away, wondering if she had just broken something.

Water splashed into the bath, a cloud of steam rising and leaving droplets of moisture on the mosaics. Mijung shivered, goose bumps rising on her skin. It was so warm, and the water looked clean…

She undid the red ribbon holding her garments together, and her kimono slipped from her shoulders, falling in a bundle on the ground. A tremor ran through her body. She hadn’t taken off her clothes since she had left the other world. That had been months ago. Years? She didn’t know. Either way, she hadn’t realized how much she needed a bath. And clean clothes.

If this used to be a public bath, then there may be things that were still able to be worn.

Mijung slowly unclasped her bra and pulled down her underwear, trembling. She wanted Soon’s touch. She wanted his breath against her ear. She wanted his arms around her waist, her bare chest pressed against her back. She wanted to feel his heartbeat. She wanted him to kiss her and tell her that they would never be apart again.

She missed him.

Mijung watched as the basin filled to the edge, but it seemed to be draining at a rate where the faucet could stay on and the water wouldn’t overflow.

She tentatively slipped in, and warmth leaked into her bones, soothing out tension that had knotted itself in her muscles. The water shouldn’t be hot or clean. Unless the people who had been here before had made revolutionary discoveries in science, by the looks of things, the pipes shouldn’t even work, let alone transport clean, hot water.

But seeing everything else, Mijung wouldn’t put such a series of discoveries past these ghosts.

She swam in the bath, letting the collected filth float off, and she felt along the edges playfully, finding a little niche. Curiously, she slipped her fingernails in and flicked, revealing a hidden compartment filled with leaf-thin palm-sized flecks of soap.

She hesitantly took one, running it over her body, and it scrubbed off the accumulated impurities, then rubbed the dead skin off without pause, making her red and raw. She ran it through her hair, forcing out the grime, and the soap flake resolutely stayed unworn. She took her time cleaning, then pulled her clothes from the side of the tub, starting to scrub them underwater.

Mijung didn’t know how long she washed in the bath. After a while, she slowly crawled out and turned the water off, allowing it to drain. She would have to tell Yutrin about this place. He would probably like someplace to bathe and a source of water that wasn’t a couple miles away over glass-covered land.

And she’d have to check the drainage system to see if she could stop it up the next time she bathed. They should conserve all the water they had available. And she would need to check the pipes—anything that was still in working order could imply that there were either still people here or that the situation wasn’t as hopeless as she had thought.

Mijung squeezed the excess moisture out of her clothes, laying them carefully over the faucets to dry. She stood slowly and stretched before walking around the stunning walls and feeling them, finding a door the same way she found the soap compartment. She made it swing open, taking a chunk out of the sky and a giant freakishly muscled man with a lion pelt for clothes, and stepped into the next room.

It felt cold next to the wonderfully warm and steamed up bath. Mijung shivered, squinting in the room, but she couldn’t really see much. Little light flowed in.

She raised her hand to cast Light, then she lowered it again, scowling. She missed being able to use magic.

Maybe those gods would make themselves useful and give her and Yutrin their magic back. If they were able to magically break the language barrier, than giving the ability to prepare and cast spells couldn’t be that difficult.

She slipped into the dark room, waiting for her eyes to adjust. She could vaguely make out a mosaic decorating the walls, ceiling, and floor, but the light was too bad for her to make it all out. That was a pity.

She’d come back later when the sun was in a better position to see the pictures.

There were rows of benches, clothes draped across them. She couldn’t identify some of the clothing—obviously, the society that created this place had different designs for clothes than Mijung was used to—but if it was clean and didn’t reveal anything, she was happy.

She stepped through the rows of benches, sorting through the clothes. She picked up something that strongly resembled a bra and quietly thanked the Twelve Gods for inter-dimensional womanly needs before slipping it on.

That was odd. It offered much more comfort and support than the ones she usually wore, and it fit despite the fact she had just randomly picked it up. Another good mark for the people who made this society.

She hesitated before picking up a pair of underwear, checking to see it was clean before pulling it on. She didn’t really have a choice of whether or not to use clothes that used to belong to someone else.

She picked up a thin article of clothing that looked like it was a cross between a dress, a shirt, and a robe.

Mijung pulled it on, getting the oddest sense of wearing something made of mist or quicksilver. It rolled across her skin, settling against her as though it had always been there. The sleeves were big and loose, making her feel a little as though she were wearing a ceremonial robe, but it offered a lot more freedom of movement than the kimonos she had had to wear for the rituals her father had made her attend as a child of nobility. The robe/shirt/dress went down to her knees, allowing for easy movement of her legs, and the neck dipped a little more than she was used to, but not so much that she wasn’t willing to wear it around Yutrin.

Most importantly, it was all dry and clean.

She collected a bunch of different clothing, some for herself and some for Yutrin, and folded it on her arm, taking only a moment to wrap up her feet with more clean cloth.

She grabbed her own wet clothes before she stepped back into the courtyard, taking one last moment to stare at the partially intact statues of frightened men and women and raging warriors, then she down the front steps, walking back towards where she came from. She had been gone for a while. Yutrin would get worried.

Mijung had forgotten the singing that had drawn her there in the first place.

Someone watched her from behind the columns, low hum deep in its throat and weapons at the ready to strike and kill. Mijung left without the person moving once.

“Damn ‘em all - I create my own perfection
Damn ‘em all in the face of their rejection
Damn ‘em all - well this dog will have its day…”

The person turned away, still singing softly, and went into the building, fingers scraping against the mosaics.

“My garden’s full of pretty men who couldn’t stay away.”

---

“A public bath? Really?”

Mijung smiled, letting her wet clothes rest on the windowsill to dry and folding up the clothes she had brought back, letting Yutrin take what he needed and turning away for him to change. “Yeah. And the architecture and art in it are amazing. I’ll show it to you tomorrow once the sun comes back up.”

“And the pipes were still working?”

The woman nodded, running her hands through her hair, and the fire crackled merrily in the background, sunset colors only just reaching the window.

“That’s weird. If this place is abandoned, water shouldn’t be running. Did you drink any of it?”

“Of course not.”

Mijung turned around again, seeing that Yutrin had changed, and luckily, he was wearing a shirt. Mijung couldn’t help but feel a little uncomfortable with him shirtless without her husband around.

Yutrin nodded, and they both sat down on the edge of the bed, the fire warm and deep. “Good. I’ll go, but I think that we should fashion weapons. If there’s water and food, then there’s life. And life can be a predator or prey for us. I get nervous.”

“I’m not fooling myself over what the dangers could be, believe me.” Mijung sighed softly. “Just don’t spook, okay? Even if you’re scared, try to stay rational.”

Had Mijung said this to any human she knew, they would have been indignant. Yutrin only shook his head. “Mijung, I’ve lived my whole life in fear. I know how to think when I’m scared.”

He hesitated, ears twitching questioningly, and somehow, she got the sense that he was asking if she wanted him to sleep on the floor or if she was willing to extend invitation for the bed again.

Mijung lay down, going under the covers. “Come on, Yutrin. Get comfortable. We’re going to need to figure out how we’re going to live here tomorrow.”

The goblin’s ears perked and he crawled in the bed with her, careful to not touch her, but exuding a warmth that made Mijung almost comfortable with the whole arrangement. But Soon would have undoubtedly murdered Yutrin on the spot for sharing her bed had he been there, and maybe even be angry at her for willingly working so closely with an Evil creature, with the enemy. He was still a goblin. He was still Evil. And she was still sleeping in the same bed as him.

Mijung reminded herself that this was necessary and that she was not betraying her husband.

Nonetheless, she scooted a little further away from Yutrin to keep from accidentally touching him over the night.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Thoughts?

(The song's Medusa by Heather Dale.)

And, in honor of Valentine's/Singles Awareness Day, I'm going to make a fluffy one-shot of any couple I have already written about. Anyone can submit a request and I'll pick one to write.

Happy Valentine's/Singles Awareness. :)

Zanaril
2010-02-14, 07:46 PM
I'm not planning on doing anything stupid. I love my family and friends too much to make them go through that. You don't need to worry. :)
I was still worried about you being upset.

Due to the fact I was under for several pages, I'm not replying to everything. I'm verbose as it is and I don't want this post to be a mile long when I just want to sleep and recuperate.
Not that much has happened; a brief alignment discussion, one or two short fics, a few pictures. A lot of messing around...

We don't really have in-depth discussions when you're not around to motivate us. :smalltongue:

And I have a PotG update. It isn't very good quality, but I read it through and I revised it, so I can't see much else to do.

Thoughts?

Lengthening the moon cycles. Brilliant. :smallbiggrin: I'm glad that didn't get left unresolved, and that some of the gods are rational.

Is Mijung starting to be attracted to Yutrin? Maybe? Slightly? D'awww.

At least it seems surviving won't be quite as difficult as they feared.

And, in honor of Valentine's/Singles Awareness Day, I'm going to make a fluffy one-shot of any couple I have already written about. Anyone can submit a request and I'll pick one to write.

Well my first choice would be V/Reddy, obviously. Although if you count V/Aandy as a couple...

Mijung/Yutrin promises to be fluffy enough as it is (the pairing itself, not the actual setting or story).

And I'm having trouble imagining how any of the other hinted or discussed couples such as Deirdre/Xykon could ever be fluffy. :smalleek:

Reynard
2010-02-14, 08:37 PM
Hmm... could you do something like the Last Stand of the eastern gods? Like, hades and Persephone with bows fighting valiantly against the snarl, holding hands or kissing or something?

Only thing i can think of.

Well, the snarl turned out horrible, but here it is. I don't really see how it's a crack pairing, but whatever.

Warning: Large.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4357436503_e140cedb8f_b.jpg

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 08:38 PM
(Hugs) Everyone WILL be ok. As i command, so shall it be. (nodnod)

V/Aandy! Or DeirdreZykon! Just cause it'd be funny to have fluff for it. XD

I'm gonna read it, but not tonight. DXD Cause i'd have to go back and find it all. :/

Water-Smurf
2010-02-14, 08:49 PM
Not that much has happened; a brief alignment discussion, one or two short fics, a few pictures. A lot of messing around...

Oh, yeah! I saw your picture. :) You did very well in capturing the outward appearance of their relationship--aesthetic and physical, but far from meaningful.

We don't really have in-depth discussions when you're not around to motivate us. :smalltongue:

*chuckles softly* What can I say? I like talking/typing.

Lengthening the moon cycles. Brilliant. :smallbiggrin: I'm glad that didn't get left unresolved, and that some of the gods are rational.

Prometheus is by far the most sympathetic deity towards humans. He was the one who made them, and he dealt with being chained to a rock to have his liver torn out by an eagle every day so humans could have fire. I figure that it would be in-character for him to be willing to deal with Aphrodite's wrath for a human's sake.

Is Mijung starting to be attracted to Yutrin? Maybe? Slightly? D'awww.

He's sweet, emotionally open, and he's being supportive while she's confused and frightened. She's already feeling a little attachment, and the sexual tension, especially with the hormones pregnancy gives, is going to mount.

At least it seems surviving won't be quite as difficult as they feared.

Let's not jump to conclusions, now. :smallwink:

Well my first choice would be V/Reddy, obviously. Although if you count V/Aandy as a couple...

Mijung/Yutrin promises to be fluffy enough as it is (the pairing itself, not the actual setting or story).

And I'm having trouble imagining how any of the other hinted or discussed couples such as Deirdre/Xykon could ever be fluffy. :smalleek:

Any ideas for any of those pairings for fluffiness? I'm not good with thinking up fluffy ideas.

V/Aandy! Or DeirdreZykon! Just cause it'd be funny to have fluff for it. XD

Any idea for fluff?

Maybe it would be good to make my Valentine's Day offer clearer: anyone can request a pairing, provided that I've written it, implied it, or had prolonged speculation about it before. That includes Belkar/Vaarsuvius, Redcloak/Vaarsuvius, Vaarsuvius/Xykon, Tiasal-Deirdre/Redcloak, Tiasal-Deirdre/Xykon, Tiasal-Deirdre/any member of her family, Tiasal-Deirdre/O-Chul, Mijung/Yutrin, Soon/Girard, Soon/Mijung, Vaarsuvius/Aarindarius, Red (Haley)/Patch (Right-Eye), Elf (Vaarsuvius)/Crim (Redcloak), and Tsukiko/Redcloak. Not all of these would exactly turn out to be fluffy, just by nature of the dynamic between them. (And if you can figure out any other eligible pairings, kudos.) If you ask for a pairing, I'd like it if you gave a prompt or an idea, simply because I'm still a little awkward with fluff and figuring it out.

I'll pick one or two of the requests and write them out. Have fun, and don't be scared to ask for anything. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2010-02-14, 09:08 PM
Loved the picture!
The pairing was HadesPersephone. Not very crack. I forgot. XD

Hmm. Well, Xykon can act friendly. Maybe he's like, teaching her something?
Teaching her meteor swarm, and they end up kissing? That'd be pretty fluffy. For them.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-14, 09:46 PM
pssh. V/reddy has been done too much.

how about some Thoq x Mrscruffy or Thoq x belkars riding dog? :D

icastflare!
2010-02-14, 11:02 PM
pssh. V/reddy has been done too much.

BlASPEMY!!!!!

Sereg
2010-02-15, 12:20 AM
Indeed. There is no such thing as too much V/Reddy. Nor is there such a thing as too much V/Inkyrius, V/Aarindarius, Z/Haley, V/Elan, V/Durkon, V/Roy, V/Celia, V/Miko, V/Tsukiko, V....okay, you get the picture.

I have enjoyed the fics that have gone up so far.

Also, I checked and I was wrong, something-weres have no relationship to the moon at all.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-15, 01:15 AM
Indeed. There is no such thing as too much V/Reddy. Nor is there such a thing as too much V/Inkyrius, V/Aarindarius, Z/Haley, V/Elan, V/Durkon, V/Roy, V/Celia, V/Miko, V/Tsukiko, V....okay, you get the picture.

I have enjoyed the fics that have gone up so far.

Also, I checked and I was wrong, something-weres have no relationship to the moon at all.

ok thats it. i offically want a male V/femaleV :P V/V FTW!

Sereg
2010-02-15, 02:04 AM

Been done. It's as awesome as it sounds. I also seen that I have a typo in my last post. It's supposed to say "V/Haley", but it says "Z/Haley" (of course, that is also fun).

Zanaril
2010-02-15, 05:01 AM
Oh, yeah! I saw your picture. :) You did very well in capturing the outward appearance of their relationship--aesthetic and physical, but far from meaningful.
Thanks. :smallredface:

Let's not jump to conclusions, now. :smallwink:
I should have guessed.

Any ideas for any of those pairings for fluffiness? I'm not good with thinking up fluffy ideas.
V and Aandy are on an outing somewhere and someone mistakes them for a couple rather than teacher/apprentice. Vaarsuvius encourages the notion. :smallwink:

Aarindarius is not amused. But for whatever reason, he has to play along.

I'll pick one or two of the requests and write them out. Have fun, and don't be scared to ask for anything. :smallsmile:

Vaarsuvius/Xykon then. Becase you can't tell me it wouldn't be just slightly amusing seeing Xykon flirting with her.

How about Male!V/Female!V/Haley?

Loved the picture!
The pairing was HadesPersephone. Not very crack. I forgot. XD
Actually, I think it's proof that the idea of crack pairings is older than dirt. :smallwink:

half-halfling
2010-02-15, 06:07 AM
I felt guilty about not doing anything for Valentines Day, so here's a short ficlet.

Aarindarius first realised something was up when he opened his eyes to find a bunch of freshly cut flowers on his pillow. That was the first clue.

The blooms were small and pale, a species which he knew to grow in the woods around the area, although few would be blossoming this early in the year. Whoever had found and cut them must have taken a lot of effort. He sat there pondering the flowers for a while, before getting up to find some water for them.

It was Vaarsuvius of course. No-one else would have been able to sneak into his room – let alone his tower - not if their intent was as harmless as leaving a gift. His apprentice had been acting oddly recently. First there had been the increasing amount of time spent away from the tower – well, that was to be expected, and if anything he was glad the elf was interacting with other people. But then when the younger elf was to be found, she always seemed distracted. Mind elsewhere. Staring into space.

He could have sworn she had kept staring at him, too. It was unnerving to look up from the book one was reading, only to see your apprentice blush and look away. His concerns were briefly laid to rest (and a whole new set of concerns acquired) when he found out that Vaarsuvius had started seeing an adolescent from the village. Soon after, the staring had stopped much to his relief.

And now the flowers.

Maybe he was simply looking into it too much. They weren’t as communicative as they had been; when once Vaarsuvius had followed him around all day hanging onto his every word, he now was lucky to see her at all except when she approached him to ask help with a particularly tricky spell or translation, and even that was becoming less and less frequent. While it saddened him that they were drifting apart, he let her have her distance. She was just growing up.

So maybe this was a peace offering of sorts?

He carried the small bouquet down to the kitchen, where he took a tall cut glass and half filled it. He trimmed the stems with a knife then placed them in the water.

He put the glass on the table.

He sat down, and for some time he just gazed at the flowers, thinking.

There was a small noise behind him. He spun around and was just quick enough to catch a glimpse of purple hair snatching out of sight. With a sigh, he turned back to the glass. The other thought he had was pushed away, out of sight and out of mind.

The next morning, he could smell the fresh flowers before he even looked.

For the next three days, each morning there were flowers.

On the fourth day, he opened his eyes to see purple hair. That was the second clue. There was a brief moment where his trance-addled mind flailed wildly, but he quickly assured himself that his apprentice certainly hadn’t been there when he had gone to bed. However there was still the matter that the younger elf was certainly there now, and that she was pressed up against his side with one arm wrapped around his waist. Thankfully they were both clothed.

“Vaarsuvius.”

The name was said more sharply than he had intended, and the arm was rapidly withdrawn as the elf in question sat up, looking very guilty. Aarindarius squirmed away from her and also sat up, raising an eyebrow.

“…I had a bad trance memory?”

Aarindarius paused. When she had first been apprenticed to him and the tower become her permanent residence, there had been several occasions she had found him in the middle of the night for that same reason – usually in his study, but once of twice in his room. In both cases, he would have read something to her, and once her eyes where starting to droop shut he would have carried her back to her room and tucked her into her own bed. True, in those times when she drew him from his trancing, she would cuddle against him under the blankets while he read, but never had she stayed there the whole night.

She had not done that for years. He didn’t think this was the case now, and as if to confirm it the smell of those flowers reached his nose. He spotted today’s offering on the opposite bedside table, delicate lilac petals this time. They had almost certainly been picked less than half an hour ago.

He gave the flowers a purposeful look, and then glanced back to his apprentice. A second later Vaarsuvius was off of the bed and out of the door.

With a sigh, Aarindarius got up and headed down the stairs to follow her.

He found her in the kitchen, leaning against the counter and staring at the wall, her face flushed bright pink. He noticed that her shoulders tensed slightly as he entered the room.

“Vaarsuvius, I’m not angry with you.”

The shoulders relaxed. Slightly.

With a sigh, Aarindarius went and stood next to her, taking up a similar pose. Vaarsuvius fidgeted.

“I thought you were in a relationship with someone… Inkyrius, wasn’t it?”

“We- I was. I broke up with Kyrie. We had an argument.”

Aarindarius sighed, and put an arm around her shoulders. “When?”

Vaarusvius hesitated a moment, then mumbled “…a week ago.”

She raised a hand to her face, and vigorously rubbed her eyes. It was rare for her to cry, and she wasn’t going to let it go on this time. Aarindarius tightened the one armed hug. “It’s alright to be upset.” There was no reply “You know I’ll always be here to listen if you need someone to talk to? I appreciate the flowers, but you don’t need to-“

Vaarsuvius kissed the corner of his mouth quite purposefully.

She tried to kiss him again - possibly fully on the lips - but the older wizard would never know because before she could do so he stepped away, leaving a gap between them. Vaarsuvius stared for a moment, and then burst into tears.

“You hate me!”

Alarmed, Aarindarius stepped forward and hugged her again, wrapping his arms around her shaking shoulders.

She buried her face in his chest. “I love you, but you hate me!”

“Shhh.”

He stood there, hugging her until the sobbing quieted down, but still not letting go. “I don’t hate you. I love you Vaarsuvius, but not in the way you think you want me to.”

“I do love you! I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you! I don’t need anyone else!” She tried to kiss him again, but once more he held her at arms length.

“I’m your teacher, your mentor and your friend, Vaarsuvius. But I can’t be your lover. You know that too, you’re just upset and you need someone to sympathise with you.”

Vaarsuvius stared mutely at him. “I still love him.” She whispered finally, and began to talk.

It was a month later that Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius were back on talking terms, and a year before they were going out again. It was another ten years later that they married.

Aarindarius watched and was happy for her, but he had lied. He could have loved her and have been in love with her; it was Vaarsuvius who had never really wanted that. And so, for her sake, he had to let her go.

I scrounged it up quickly, so it's probably not that good.

It was supposed to be cute, but then somehow wrote itself into being a bit depressing. And V probably isn't in character. :smallannoyed:

If You think it was bad, I'd like to see a good one :smallsmile:. I liked it very much.

Water-smurf : If You're taking requests I'd like Redcloack x Tsukiko (possibly not-undead Redcloack :smallsmile:). And story was as always great.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-15, 08:06 AM
So, guess who had 10 minutes of free time on her dad's computer this morning?

...And I didn't even know I had the books! Give them back.

Nice stories everyone. And yes, Water-smurf, my inbox and ears are open. I'm here to give what help I can. :smallsmile: (Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on again before Wednesday.)

Lix Lorn
2010-02-15, 08:31 AM
Well, i have changed my mind. I used to be a firm member of the V Is A Girl camp. Now i prefer the TwoVs one. Hehe Vaarsuvii.

Awww... (Sad face, gives back books)

....heheh. You're right. HadesPersephone IS a crack pairing. Underworld and the daughter of the Plant/Fertility goddess. Summer goddess? Demeter anyway.
It's just a CANON crack pairing. XD

Reynard
2010-02-15, 08:36 AM
Any more crack picture requests?

Closak
2010-02-15, 09:00 AM
How about an ABD/Nale picture?

ABD=Ancient Black Dragon (In case you didn't already know)

Lix Lorn
2010-02-15, 09:25 AM
I read PotG. Love.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-15, 12:05 PM
Vaarsuvius/Xykon then. Becase you can't tell me it wouldn't be just slightly amusing seeing Xykon flirting with her.

How would he flirt with her? I don't really know how to consciously write that. (Flirting confuses me. :< )

Actually, I think it's proof that the idea of crack pairings is older than dirt. :smallwink:

Really? I don't really see it as crack. Crack if Persephone fell in love with Hades and ran off with her, but not since Hades fell in love with her and pulled her into the underworld. I mean, it makes sense. He was cold and lonely and Persephone was the goddess of spring. I don't think Persephone is too happy with the arrangement, at any rate.

That being said, I saw the Lightning Thief movie. I spazzed out so hard over the inaccuracies that I fell on the ground and someone needed to restrict my breathing. I didn't like it.

Water-smurf : If You're taking requests I'd like Redcloack x Tsukiko (possibly not-undead Redcloack :smallsmile:).

Any ideas/preferences for how it plays out?

Nice stories everyone. And yes, Water-smurf, my inbox and ears are open. I'm here to give what help I can. :smallsmile: (Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on again before Wednesday.)

*crawls to Coffee* *hugs*

Asta Kask
2010-02-15, 12:48 PM
How would he flirt with her? I don't really know how to consciously write that. (Flirting confuses me. :< )

Prof. Richard Wiseman conducted a study about the best pick-up line.

speed dating study reveals science of seduction

Preliminary results from the first large-scale speed dating experiment have shown that women make up their minds about potential partners much faster than men, and revealed the best type of chat-up lines.

The study, conducted on Sunday 9th April 2006 by Professor Richard Wiseman (University of Hertfordshire) at the Edinburgh International Science Festival, involved 100 members of the public taking part in five-hundred 'speed dates'.

During the event, participants rated the attractiveness of their dates and indicated whether they would like to meet that person again.

Initial results revealed that in about a third of the dates, participants reached decisions about their potential mates in less than thirty seconds. Perhaps surprisingly, women proved especially likely to make such snap decisions, with 45% of women's decisions being made under thirty seconds, compared to just 22% of men's decisions.

"Men are often accused of being shallow and judging women very quickly - however, this evidence suggests that women may make up their minds much quicker than men", commented Wiseman. "It suggests men have only a few seconds to impress a woman, thus emphasising the importance of their opening comments".

Overall 60% of participants met someone with whom there was a mutual interest in seeing each other again.

Women were twice as 'picky' as men, and the top rated man and woman of the evening had a 100% success rate, with all of their dates wanting to meet them again.

To uncover the best type of chat-up lines, researchers compared the conversations of participants rated as 'very desirable' by their dates with those seen as 'especially undesirable'. Those 'highly skilled in seduction' encouraged their dates to talk about themselves in an unusual, quirky, way.

The most memorable lines from the top-rated man and woman in the study illustrate the point:

The top-rated male's best line was: 'If you were on Stars In Their Eyes, who would you be?', whilst the top-rated female asked: 'What's your favourite pizza topping?'.

In contrast, failed 'Casanovas' tended to be far less creative, employing old chestnuts like 'Do you come here often?' or struggling to impress with comments such as 'I have a PhD in computing'.

To identify the best topic of conversation for those in search of their perfect partner, participants were also asked to chat about different topics during the event. When talking about movies, less than 9% of the pairs wanted to meet up again, compared to 18% when participants spoke about the top topic - travel.

A clue as to why would-be lovers might want to avoid chatting about movies comes from additional questionnaire data from the study, showing that men and women have very different tastes in movies. For example, 49% of men liked action films compared to just 18% of women, whilst 29% of women liked musicals compared to only 4% of men.

"Whenever our couples spoke about films they really increased their chance of disagreement", commented Wiseman. "In contrast, conversations about travel tend to revolve around great holidays and dream destinations, and that makes people feel good and so appear more attractive to one another".

A second study demonstrated the age-old difficulty in predicting successful dating and matchmaking partnerships, (an interesting juxtaposition to the 'wisdom of crowds' principle, should anyone be considering applying it to dating services): over four-hundred people participated in an online experiment in which they studied photographs and descriptions of four women, and one man who dated each of the women. The four-hundred respondents attempted to predict the women he would find most attractive, but even the group who considered themselves 'especially skilled at matchmaking' failed to predict his choice correctly.

(With grateful acknowledgements to Professor R Wiseman.)

Professor Richard Wiseman (University of Hertfordshire) has published over forty academic papers into unusual areas of psychology, including deception, luck and the paranormal. Wiseman frequently appears on the media and has written The Luck Factor - a best selling book exploring the lives and minds of lucky and unlucky people. More info at: www.richardwiseman.com. The study was run in collaboration with Dr James Houran, an American expert on the psychology of compatibility with Online Dating Magazine. More info at: www.onlinedatingmagazine.com.

Science!!!

You need something to create a shared environment, that both can laugh at. Warlocks or incarnum users spring to mind.

*hugs*

You know, you'd get more worried PMs from me if you emptied your PM box once in a while...

Lix Lorn
2010-02-15, 12:59 PM
If you need hugs i'm always happy to give them. (nodnod)
Huh. 4 Sciense! (Shot)

Eztheria
2010-02-15, 02:02 PM
I votes for Andy/V during a sudden, completely random heavy downpour and V just knocks at Andys tower door somewhen in the late evening completely soaked and/or frozen. I hopes this has not been written before... :smallfrown:

Zanaril
2010-02-15, 02:09 PM
I votes for Andy/V during a sudden, completely random heavy downpour and V just knocks at Andys tower door somewhen in the late evening completely soaked and/or frozen. I hopes this has not been written before... :smallfrown:

And you know what the best way to warm people up is. :smallwink:

...Hugs!

If he can somehow complement her on her arcane prowess without being obviously sarcastic, then he's all set to go.

Eztheria
2010-02-15, 02:12 PM

...Hugs!

Exactly! *glomps Zanaril*

Asta Kask
2010-02-15, 02:17 PM

Set fire to their clothes?

Zanaril
2010-02-15, 02:20 PM
Set fire to their clothes?

Hopefully after they've been taken off.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-15, 02:25 PM
You need something to create a shared environment, that both can laugh at. Warlocks or incarnum users spring to mind.

What's an incarnum user?

*hugs*

You know, you'd get more worried PMs from me if you emptied your PM box once in a while...

Oh, right. I should do that.

Now it's done.

I think that that's already been written. I think Meg did it.

I think I may have asked this question before, but I can't find it, so I'll ask again. Does anyone have any ideas to help me portray Right-Eye's and Tiasal's relationship? It's a complex thing they have going there. On Right-Eye's end, he's using her and he's more than a little disgusted by her heritage, but he still loves her, though he's unsure. On Tiasal's end, she's aware of all this and she's bitter. I feel that I should give them more screen time but I'm having issues bringing this idea across.

Eztheria
2010-02-15, 02:35 PM
I think that that's already been written. I think Meg did it.

Nutsnberries. But it was a mighty fine story by Meg, thanks for reminding me.
Though the scene I thought of was in a sorta AU where V and Kyrie married much later and while V was...of age feminine, not married yet.

Zanaril
2010-02-15, 02:45 PM
Nutsnberries. But it was a mighty fine story by Meg, thanks for reminding me.
Though the scene I thought of was in a sorta AU where V and Kyrie married much later and while V was...of age feminine, not married yet.

Hmmm... has 'snowed in' been used yet? :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-15, 02:47 PM
What's an incarnum user?

An underwhelming magic-user sort from a splatbook. I don't know much about them, but some research in the Gaming Forum should tell you more. They could talk about bards, I guess.

Oh, right. I should do that.

Now it's done.

Yay! Commence spamming...

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank on RC and Tiasal.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-15, 03:23 PM
Really? I don't really see it as crack. Crack if Persephone fell in love with Hades and ran off with her, but not since Hades fell in love with her and pulled her into the underworld. I mean, it makes sense. He was cold and lonely and Persephone was the goddess of spring. I don't think Persephone is too happy with the arrangement, at any rate.

According to the "myth-o-mania!" books (written by Hades himself) what ACTUALLY happened was that Persephone had set the whole thing up, and hired cupid to shoot Hades with a three-day love dart. The two proceeded to date for a while, and aroused suspicion with the other gods.

Needless to say after many laughs, and an actual cord order, Hades realised what had happened, realised the three days have long since passed, and that all those feelings he had for Persephone were indeed his own.

So he jumped up, got on his knees, and in front of all the other gods shouted "PERSEPHONE I LOVE YOU!!!!"

And so for three-to-nine months of every year, p-phone (as Hades likes to call her) goes down to the underworld. And Demeter, horribly saddened by her leaving, goes off to Honolulu. "It will never be winter there"

Lix Lorn
2010-02-15, 03:38 PM
I had an idea for a crack XykonElan. Possibly with genderswapping. Entitled 'Xykon's Secret'.

Hehe. AWESOME alternate mythology.

Well... If Tiasal gave Righy Eye a chance, then she could sense motive-and realise that though he's using her, he does care.
That helpful?

Taekwondodo
2010-02-15, 03:48 PM
Well, i have changed my mind. I used to be a firm member of the V Is A Girl camp. Now i prefer the TwoVs one. Hehe Vaarsuvii.

Really? I'm in the "V is whatever I feel like at the moment" camp. I'm happy with V being female in V/Reddy but I wrote him/her as male, go figure!

*Claps* Yay, new PotG!! :smallbiggrin:

On an unrelated note I went to see Valentines Day today. Very funny and plenty of "D'awwwww" moments. Apart for the 12 year old fan-girls of Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner. Grrrr...:smallannoyed:

Water-Smurf
2010-02-15, 04:04 PM
I'm trying to sketch out ideas for the different requests to see which I'm going to write, but I've run into a few blocks and I may need a little nudging at this point.

First of all, which of you guys want this to stay fluffy? Many if not all of the pairings that have been requested since I posted my clarification promises to be gritty, depressing, and/or bitter, simply by virtue of the dynamic between the characters in the relationship.

Second of all, try to throw some scenarios down my way. I may or may not use them, but they help get the ideas flowing, and when it comes to fluff, I need plenty of ideas to use.

Asta Kask
2010-02-15, 04:17 PM
Second of all, try to throw some scenarios down my way. I may or may not use them, but they help get the ideas flowing, and when it comes to fluff, I need plenty of ideas to use.

Xykon approaches V and says "Hey, at least I'm not a warlock or bard." V says "Don't talk to me about bards, I was adventuring with one of them..." and they start talking about the various failed magician clones out there (incarnum, name magic, shadow magic...) and V starts to think Xykon may not be so bad after all...

Like I said, you really want something they can both laugh at. But I'm not too hot in the romance department, so take it for what it is...

Lix Lorn
2010-02-15, 04:53 PM
Clever idea. XD

Zanaril
2010-02-15, 05:27 PM
First of all, which of you guys want this to stay fluffy? Many if not all of the pairings that have been requested since I posted my clarification promises to be gritty, depressing, and/or bitter, simply by virtue of the dynamic between the characters in the relationship.

Either's fine with me. Whatever the characters demand.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-15, 05:57 PM
I prefer happy, but i accept how hard it may be. DXD

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-15, 09:00 PM

Same here; the closest I got to flirting with B was just a back-and-forth banter of jokes and witticisms. He's really good at making me laugh.

*Returns hugs*

*Puts a little puppy in Water-Smurf's lap* (Sorry, we don't really get kittens in the winter)

My heart's open too.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-15, 11:00 PM
*Returns hugs*

*Puts a little puppy in Water-Smurf's lap* (Sorry, we don't really get kittens in the winter)

My heart's open too.

*hugs* *purrs* *cuddles puppy* Thank you.

Hmmm... I've tried writing out each requested pairing at least once, and they keep on coming out to be incredibly depressing and the stories refuse to shape up. I don't want to write something depressing. I'm depressed enough (I need to take a week off school--seriously?) as is.

Does anyone have any happy ideas for them, or any requests for a non-romantic pairing? (Like a fluffy piece with the potential offspring of Soon and Yutrin rolling around the baths or something as children.) I'm trying to make this belated Valentine's Day thing cheerful.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-15, 11:42 PM
Does anyone have any happy ideas for them, or any requests for a non-romantic pairing? (Like a fluffy piece with the potential offspring of Soon and Yutrin rolling around the baths or something as children.) I'm trying to make this belated Valentine's Day thing cheerful.

Thoq + any kind of animal. cant go wrong with cuteness their.

be it Mr. scruffy, Belkars riding dog, a random puppy, or whatever. i can guarentee it will be cute :P

Raging Gene Ray
2010-02-16, 12:07 AM
Tiasal/Blackwing? (I haven't actually gotten to the stories about Tiasal yet. So I don't know how plausible her meeting her mother's conscience is.)

Saeyan
2010-02-16, 02:46 AM
I don't think it's in the list but V/Z! V/Z! (just being cute will be fine) pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa se i'll draw tiasal or something or finish up the v day comic

Also, I decided Lightning Thief looked crappy after half a minute into the trailer, and after hearing your reaction to the inaccuracies have decided never to watch it.

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 05:54 AM
Same here; the closest I got to flirting with B was just a back-and-forth banter of jokes and witticisms. He's really good at making me laugh.

Shared laughter is a large part of flirting - make the other part feel comfortable, etc. That's why some of the most effective pick-up lines (chat-up lines for the americans) were things like "if you were a pizza-topping, what would you be?" The absurdity creates an opportunity to laugh together. Women especially are often attracted to men who can make them laugh.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-16, 05:58 AM
uhh just wondering. who is this "Z" fellow pepole keep talking about? i dont know of any charicter who'se name starts with a Z.

Zanaril
2010-02-16, 06:03 AM
uhh just wondering. who is this "Z" fellow pepole keep talking about? i dont know of any charicter who'se name starts with a Z.

Zz'dtri. Although my name begins with Z too...

Water-Smurf
2010-02-16, 08:18 AM
Thoq + any kind of animal. cant go wrong with cuteness their.

be it Mr. scruffy, Belkars riding dog, a random puppy, or whatever. i can guarentee it will be cute :P

Are we talking about Thog...?

Tiasal/Blackwing? (I haven't actually gotten to the stories about Tiasal yet. So I don't know how plausible her meeting her mother's conscience is.)

That's perfectly plausible. They live together.

I don't think it's in the list but V/Z! V/Z! (just being cute will be fine) pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa se i'll draw tiasal or something or finish up the v day comic

Eh? I'm not sure I understand...

Also, I decided Lightning Thief looked crappy after half a minute into the trailer, and after hearing your reaction to the inaccuracies have decided never to watch it.

You just saved yourself a headache. (Seriously. I got a headache after watching it. THEY TURNED HADES INTO A DEVIL-KNOCKOFF DRESSED LIKE MICK JAGGER!)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 08:23 AM
*hugs* *purrs* *cuddles puppy* Thank you.

Hmmm... I've tried writing out each requested pairing at least once, and they keep on coming out to be incredibly depressing and the stories refuse to shape up. I don't want to write something depressing. I'm depressed enough (I need to take a week off school--seriously?) as is.

Come back in the summer and you can have all the kittens you can carry. Nothing more adorable than a kitten in your arms and another one perched on your shoulder.

Hm...Something with chocolate?

Or, something with the Vermonster? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermonster) :smallamused:

Shared laughter is a large part of flirting - make the other part feel comfortable, etc. That's why some of the most effective pick-up lines (chat-up lines for the americans) were things like "if you were a pizza-topping, what would you be?" The absurdity creates an opportunity to laugh together. Women especially are often attracted to men who can make them laugh.

That would explain a lot. I'm cracking up every five minutes with him when he wants to be funny. And when he wants to be nice...:smallsmile:

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 08:31 AM
You just saved yourself a headache. (Seriously. I got a headache after watching it. THEY TURNED HADES INTO A DEVIL-KNOCKOFF DRESSED LIKE MICK JAGGER!)

Sounds hilarious. It might be worth watching for the laughs - "so bad it's good." Maybe a double feature with Dungeons & Dragons.

Coffee, avoid the Dungeons & Dragons movie. With all the ham Jeremy Iron produces, it's not Kosher. :smallbiggrin:

That would explain a lot. I'm cracking up every five minutes with him when he wants to be funny. And when he wants to be nice...:smallsmile:

That's when your heart melt and your brain goes into BSOD mode? Ahh, love...

Lix Lorn
2010-02-16, 11:21 AM
Evil Hades? Baad. Also, overdone.
I need to finish my XykonElan.

NemoUtopia
2010-02-16, 01:45 PM
Beyond laughter, there's a reason 'the way to a man's heart is his stomach', and it has nothing to do with the rib-cage making it harder for ice-picks to finish the job. It's often used as a humorous 'guys are pigs' type of anecdote, but the reality is well beyond that. Eating together in and of itself is relatively intimate, hot food gives a sense of satisfaction beyond the fullness, men astute enough to appreciate the thoughtfulness do so, and it provides the means for conversation of all kinds [letting him vent about his day makes him appreciate you, you can each show interest in each other, etc.]. So Belkar's little known skill could actually be a fair means of romantic overture :smallamused:

And like laughter...it may sound sexist, but it seems sort of one sided. Women tend more towards the importance of social side of emotional comfort [laughter, conversation] while men tend more towards the physical side of emotional comfort (and I don't mean sex). Spending silent time together holding hands, cuddling, and other contenting things (movies, food) just seem to affect guys more.

Taekwondodo
2010-02-16, 01:53 PM
Beyond laughter, there's a reason 'the way to a man's heart is his stomach', and it has nothing to do with the rib-cage making it harder for ice-picks to finish the job. It's often used as a humorous 'guys are pigs' type of anecdote, but the reality is well beyond that. Eating together in and of itself is relatively intimate, hot food gives a sense of satisfaction beyond the fullness, men astute enough to appreciate the thoughtfulness do so, and it provides the means for conversation of all kinds [letting him vent about his day makes him appreciate you, you can each show interest in each other, etc.]. So Belkar's little known skill could actually be a fair means of romantic overture :smallamused:

It also works with families. Families that eat together are less likely to have problems.

And like laughter...it may sound sexist, but it seems sort of one sided. Women tend more towards the importance of social side of emotional comfort [laughter, conversation] while men tend more towards the physical side of emotional comfort (and I don't mean sex). Spending silent time together holding hands, cuddling, and other contenting things (movies, food) just seem to affect guys more.

There are other differences in sexes laughing. Females tend to laugh more but everyone laughs more at male stand ups. Strange but true...

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 02:02 PM
It also works with families. Families that eat together are less likely to have problems.

Although it's important to remember that correlation is not causation. Do they have less problems because they eat together or the other way around? Or is there something that causes both?

But yes, there's a reason businesses lunches haven't died out, that most religions involve communal meal and that institutions like talkoot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talkoot) ends with the host inviting everyone to a feast. Remember that we evolved in an environment where food was scarce and sharing it was an act of trust.

Lix Lorn
2010-02-16, 02:08 PM
This is very deep for Crack Pairings. O_o

Taekwondodo
2010-02-16, 02:13 PM
Although it's important to remember that correlation is not causation. Do they have less problems because they eat together or the other way around? Or is there something that causes both?

True, very true.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-16, 02:28 PM
Zz'dtri. Although my name begins with Z too...

ahh.

Are we talking about Thog...?
indeed. knew something wasent right about how i was writeing his name XD

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 02:34 PM

Evolutionary psychology is a hobby with me.

The Odor
2010-02-16, 03:01 PM

*Stop's trying to reach nose with tounge* Do you call us undeep?

half-halfling
2010-02-16, 03:14 PM
Any ideas/preferences for how it plays out?

my idea of Redcloack X Tsukiko (it's in canon universe, not the one with Tiasal):

Tsukiko works together with Redcloack on two halves of ritual. After recent events with philactery she no longer sees his as a thread , she believes she is Xykon's right hand now. Redcloack doesn't believe she really loves Xykon, and asks her for real reason of joining them. During the talk he tells her what was Xykon like before he became lich, and whatever she thinks about undead, this particular one isn't person to love. She may in some way check it experimentally (for example tell him about her feelings, and he will laugh at her or insult, or something like that). Tsukiko and Redcloack may both feel mistreated by Xykon, which together with everyday work can make them become friends, and later lovers

After writing my ideas down I don't know if it's good enough.

icastflare!
2010-02-16, 03:17 PM
*Stop's trying to reach nose with tounge* Do you call us undeep?

I am deep. Its just covered with 2 layers of crazy, 4 of crack pairings, 6 with dnd,8 with smilies, and the rest is what I know about the cthulhu mythos. Huh that is deep

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 03:45 PM
Here's another idea for a 'pairing':

Just write about Redcloak holding his daughter as a baby, about him thinking "Oh God, what am I supposed to do if she cries?" About him suddenly knowing that he now has a new major priority, to keep this little bundle safe. About him just looking at her and feeling a new kind of love - the love of a father for a child.

Her dialogue would be fairly simple.

Aaron
2010-02-16, 03:45 PM
Come back in the summer and you can have all the kittens you can carry. Nothing more adorable than a kitten in your arms and another one perched on your shoulder.

That's why I love kittens! :smallbiggrin: They are sooooooooo adorable. :smallsmile:

Ahh, love. :smallamused: Though I guess it dependes on how you define "flirting." Some people have a very loose definition for it, while others have very uptight meanings for it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 04:18 PM
That's when your heart melt and your brain goes into BSOD mode? Ahh, love...

I guess. I'm pretty good at staying coherent, though I do get a bit giggly...

And I like the physical side too, though that's probably because I've got the social acuity of moldy produce...

Half-Halfling, that's a really good idea.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-16, 04:18 PM

Oh... I want a kitty... :< Sadly, my mother is allergic.

You haven't seen anything yet. The Crack Pairing Thread includes a bunch of very bright and intellectual people if you pay enough attention.

my idea of Redcloack X Tsukiko (it's in canon universe, not the one with Tiasal):

Tsukiko works together with Redcloack on two halves of ritual. After recent events with philactery she no longer sees his as a thread , she believes she is Xykon's right hand now. Redcloack doesn't believe she really loves Xykon, and asks her for real reason of joining them. During the talk he tells her what was Xykon like before he became lich, and whatever she thinks about undead, this particular one isn't person to love. She may in some way check it experimentally (for example tell him about her feelings, and he will laugh at her or insult, or something like that). Tsukiko and Redcloack may both feel mistreated by Xykon, which together with everyday work can make them become friends, and later lovers

After writing my ideas down I don't know if it's good enough.

Ah, I see. That would actually make a good story.

But the stories I'm writing are still loosely attached to my stories' continuity. If I were to write Redcloak/Tsukiko, it's the dynamic that's already been implied.

Here's another idea for a 'pairing':

Just write about Redcloak holding his daughter as a baby, about him thinking "Oh God, what am I supposed to do if she cries?" About him suddenly knowing that he now has a new major priority, to keep this little bundle safe. About him just looking at her and feeling a new kind of love - the love of a father for a child.

Her dialogue would be fairly simple.

A filial piece? Actually, that seems like a very sweet and fluffy idea...

Oh, and here's an update to DotR. :smallwink:

Red leaned back on her chair, staring at the ceiling with a zombified glaze to her eyes. Halfling had fallen asleep a long time ago and was now snoring softly in the seat behind her, Doppel occasionally leaning over and drawing on his sleeping classmate’s head with a smirk. Red foresaw a severe beating on Doppel once Halfling woke up, but she wasn’t complaining. Doppel was a jerk, regardless of the fact that he was Blondie’s twin.

“Class, turn to page eighty-four.”

The two goblins sitting next to her stifled yawns as they turned to the indicated page in the textbook.

Red sighed. Another page on abstinence. What kind of health class was this?

“Now, I know that you’re all teenagers, and teenagers like to touch things they shouldn’t be touching,” the teacher said in that gratingly patronizing way. She primly straightened out her starched white shirt, weirdly ever-present smile stuck in place. Both of the goblins—Red was guessing that they were brothers (they were actually pretty cute…)—exchanged glances, smirks playing across their faces. “But I’m here to tell you why you have to resist those urges, especially you young ladies.”

Red wished that there was a window in this room that she could stare out of. She decided to fidget with her pen instead. Maybe draw little pictures on the margins of her textbook.

“I’m not going to tell you what sex is. You shouldn’t do it until you’re married, so you don’t need to know what it is, yes?” That hatefully fake smile looked like it was flash-frozen there. Red wondered if it would move if she poked it. “But remember girls, if any boy touches your ‘feminine’ areas, even if you don’t want him to, you’re a dirty whore.” The teacher leaned forward, her hands on her knees, and her smile looked like it was from one of those creepy kids’ shows. “And none of you want to be dirty whores, do you?”

Red was only half-listening. She glanced over at the goblins next to her, and the one missing his right eye looked secretly appalled, but the one missing his left eye looked like he wasn’t even listening.

“Whores won’t go anywhere in life. Whores go to the Headmistress and are sent to solitary restriction. Whores are always asking for what they get, and they get a lot.”

Red frowned a little, squirming uncomfortably, but she found that she was too scared to object. The last girl who had objected had been dragged away to solitary restriction. She had come back in three weeks without a tongue.

Red would let the crazy teacher keep talking without interruption.

“But just in case you decide to be a dirty whore, here are the facts.” The teacher clapped her hands together. “You are the lowest form of life, and you will get a disease and die. Even if you do not get a disease, your fathers are legally allowed to kill you for it.”

Wait, what? They were allowed to what?

Oh, right… Yeah, that was actually common knowledge. Of course fathers and husbands were allowed to kill their family. It didn’t happen often, but they were allowed to.

“And if they don’t kill you as you deserve to be, then you’ll be forced to marry the person who you lost yourself to and they will kill you. Or sell you into prostitution. As you deserve to be.” That fake smile was still there. “Or as you would deserve to be if you’re a dirty whore.”

Most of the kids looked uncomfortable, but none were willing to inject their opinion. What she said was true—fathers and husbands were legally capable of having their daughters, wives, and sons killed or sold into slavery—but few were willing to point out the fact that the father or husband actually had to want the person killed. That decision didn’t hinge on what some crazy health teacher thought.

Besides, there was a huge social stigma against patriarchs sentencing family members to death, and it was only barely legal at this point. Red suspected that it would be made illegal by the time she graduated.

Demon was the first to raise her hand. Red was actually surprised that anyone dared to—the teacher looked rabid enough to bite someone.

“Yes?”

“Can you get pregnant your first time?”

The room got cold. Red had to admit that she was impressed—Demon could be seriously beaten or something worse for asking anything that implied she was considering sex out of marriage.

And anyone who got that crazy teacher’s grin to freeze like that and have the color drain from her face was okay in Red’s book. She’d have to hang out with Demon that night.

Demon put her hand down, leaning forward and propping her head on her fists. “Well, can you?”

“…” The teacher picked up a marker from her desk and started to fidget with it. “…No.”

She turned around to the whiteboard and started writing out what she said. “You can’t get pregnant your first time, and you can’t get pregnant until you are a full adult by your species’ definition. An elf can’t get pregnant until she is one hundred and thirty, a goblin can’t be pregnant until she is seventeen, a human can’t get pregnant until she is twenty, and so on and so forth.”

Finally, some actual health education.

Red leaned down and started taking notes.

---

“Finally, you are here.”

Elf looked up from a circle of books on the ground, crossing delicate arms and glaring as Crim put his backpack on the ground. “Last period ended seven minutes ago.”

“The teacher was slow to let us out.” He sat on the ground with the elf, glancing through the books she had already taken from the shelf. “What have we got?”

“Little to nothing.” Elf scowled at him as though it were his fault. Crim could already tell how much he’d enjoy working with this girl. “There are only books about the Olympians, but no one was assigned the major gods. Element probably did not wish to anger them.”

“Don’t worry. There are temples and shrines all over the town—we’ll just sign up to go there this weekend.”

Elf stiffened slightly, then frowned and looked away, crossing thin arms. “I refuse to go to the town. They strip-search the students returning from those excursions. I prefer my privacy to be respected, thank you.”

Crim sighed, but he couldn’t really bring himself to be exasperated by that. He had been reluctant to deal with someone making him take his clothes off for them, too. “Don’t worry. We can always skip out on the registering for the trip.” Crim pulled a book out of the shelf in front of them, checking it for any information on minor deities. “Demon was telling my brother about it in Health. Some of the monitors and some of the teachers are willing to turn a blind eye if you don’t get a permission slip to go to the town, and if you never got a permission slip, you’re not registered for a strip-search. As long as you’ve never gotten in trouble before and the teachers and monitors you’re with don’t think you’re going to try to run away or bring contraband in or something, you don’t have to go through it.”

Elf frowned, hugging her knees casually. “Does that not defeat the purpose of a reformatory?”

“I don’t question it. Half the rules here make no sense anyway—I’m not partial to following rules that make no sense.” Crim sighed at the book and put it away, taking out another. “I think that Scar and Nature are in charge of the trip to town this weekend. Scar will be reluctant to go against the rules, but if I explain that you don’t want to be strip-searched, he’ll understand. He never liked enforcing a system that subjugates and violates girls. Nature hates this place and does everything in her power to help out the nice students.”

“Who is Nature?”

“Biology and Natural Sciences teacher.” Crim flicked through the pages of the book in his lap. “I think this may have something. It has a family tree in it, so maybe we’ll find Morpheus in there somewhere. So are we going to town on Saturday?”

“If we must.” Elf crossed thin arms, scowling defiantly. “But I will not enjoy it.”

“I never asked you to.” Crim rolled his eye. “This project is going to take a lot of work. We’d better get used to being with each other.”

Elf huffed, then sidled up to Crim, looking down at the book in his lap and taking notes.

---

“Why are we coming along?”

“Because you need to hang out with someone besides your brother and I figure that if I bother Drow enough, he’ll actually say more than two words.”

Drow scowled, glaring from silver eyes and ducking his head to hide behind white hair. Patch glanced at him, frowning thoughtfully, then glanced up at the red-haired girl leading him and the dark elf away from the stone buildings of the boarding school to the field on the front side of it, all the way towards the fences that closed the reformatory off from the thin dirt road that led to the town after a day’s walk.

“Hey, am I about to be brought in on some trouble-making my first day?”

“I dunno. I’m just bringing you off to a bunch of other boys. We’re probably going to do something stupid.”

“Cool. My brother’s a straight arrow, so I need to stir up enough trouble for the both of us.”

Red glanced back at him, smirking, and Drow rolled his eyes, pulling his hood up and still not saying anything.

“Hey, look who the cat dragged in!”

Patch looked up at the barbed wire fence they were approaching, noting that a few boys he recognized from his dorm were sitting against it. A halfling kid who Patch knew to have a single-person bedroom and who had his windows barred and his door locked every night (Crim hadn’t been too eager to find out why that was, and frankly, neither was Patch), a dwarf, and a dark-skinned human.

“Hey. You’re in the room above us, right?” The black-skinned human stood up and held out his hand. “Coal.”

“Patch.” Patch clapped his hand against the human’s, gripping it tightly before pulling away. “Yeah, I’m above your room with my brother.”

“We cannae ‘ear ye gettin’ ready fer bed. Th’ insulation leaves a loot t’ be d’sired.” Dwarf said, glancing up at the fence. “Coal, if yer going t’ try t’ jump this, then ye c’n count me out.”

“What, you’re scared?” Halfling smirked, pulling at the fence. “The administrators of this concentration camp are just a lot of hot air.”

Red shook out her hair. “Halfling, Elf was talking about how some girl in her class was beaten so hard that she bled down to the chair. I’m not interested in that.”

“You sound like my brother.” Patch shoved his hands in his pockets, smirking, eyes sparkling with charm. “They probably stage that stuff to scare us. I mean, I’ve only met a couple of people who actually look like they need a reformatory.”

“Why would any of us be here if we didn’t need it?” Coal sat back down against the fence and everyone followed suit, even Drow.

“Well, I know my big brother doesn’t need this place. He’ll be off being the youngest president ever or something in ten years at most. You’ll see.” Patch reclined lazily on the ground. “And I’ll be off roaming the world. That sounds fun.”

Drow rolled his eyes but said nothing. Halfling started climbing up the fence.

“You guys can stay here with your tails between your legs, but I’m going off to the town.”

“You’re going to get busted, Halfling. They’ll have your head.”

No one got up to stop him. Red rolled her eyes and shook her head, lying down next to Patch as Halfling got up to the barbed wire.

“Come on. You’re going to get yourself hurt up there.”

Halfling made a rude gesture and started squirming past the barbed wire.

A tremor past through the metal.

The halfling howled in pain and Coal jumped away from the fence, shouting, and an alarm roared through the school.

Thoughts?