PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Random Thought: Blind Character and/or Seeing Eye Dog

playswithfire
2010-02-06, 03:58 PM
Every so often, the idea of a zatoichi or other blind character occurs to me. Obviously, blind characters have problems interacting in both social and combat situations. But what about this:
Blind character with the Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) feat and the ability to cast Chain of Eyes (SpC p. 45) casts the spell on their dog animal cohort. Given that Chain of Eyes lets you use the target's eyes instead of yours, the character would now be able to see, though from the dog's perspective. A nice literal take on the idea of a seeing eye dog.

But, then, I considered the other way of dealing with blindness, the Blindfold of True Darkness (MiC p. 75), which gives you blindsight. I'd originally thought that the character above, while wearing the Blindfold, would be able to combine the animal's sight with his blindsight, but the blindfold says you can not use vision in any way while wearing it.

Question 1: I assume, since using chain of eyes is still using vision, I cannot perceive things simultaneously with blindsight and with the animal's vison, correct?
Question 2: Does the "in a round" portion of the sentence in the Chain of Eyes spell that discusses your ability to switch between the target's eyes and your own mean that it can only be done once per round? Or are they just extraneous words?