PDA

View Full Version : Recharging spells slot?

Samb
2010-02-06, 05:42 PM
How do do this and at what level? I know it can be done but what does it entail? Persistant time stop? Genesis time manipulation (which is not legal by RAW iirc).
Thanks in advance.

Siosilvar
2010-02-06, 05:47 PM
Looking at the SRD? Be a Wizard 7 for Mnemonic Enhancer. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mnemonicEnhancer.htm)

Or, campaign-specific variant rule: Recharge Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/rechargeMagic.htm).

Noble Savant
2010-02-06, 06:23 PM
There is an option that works from level 1, it might be a bit complicated, so I'll spoiler it.

Go to sleep.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-06, 06:27 PM
Genesis is the spell you are looking for. Create a plane where 24 hours inside the Plane equals 1 Round on the Material Plane.

RAW is out on if it is legal. The Psionic version says no, but the Arcane/Divine one says nothing at all.

lsfreak
2010-02-06, 06:34 PM
Assuming you're talking about near-instant, or at least time-sensitive, slot regeneration, you've got a few options (besides just get more slots).

Wand of Mnemonic Enhancer (take either the full 10 minutes, or just a standard action, depending on whether you use Rules Compendium or SRD/PHB as your source of information; RC sets it at 10 minutes RAW-wise).

Pearls of Power.

Genesis (which is RAW-legal(ish), but may or may not be against RAI and definitely is stupidly abusable). [I suppose you could potentially use persisted Time Stop, but... I don't know any DM's that would actually allow that.]

Bedroll in Complete Mage that lowers sleeping time down to 2 hours, once every other night.

Samb
2010-02-06, 06:37 PM
Genesis is the spell you are looking for. Create a plane where 24 hours inside the Plane equals 1 Round on the Material Plane.

RAW is out on if it is legal. The Psionic version says no, but the Arcane/Divine one says nothing at all.

Genesis is a level 8 or 9th spell right? I've heard of that method but waiting until level 15-17 to do it just seems so slow. Anything that can be done before level 10?

Planeshift to a place where 1 prime hour= 8 hours? Isn't there a more elegant way to get all your slots back (not just 3rd level ones) without 8hours of rest?

Psionics have manifester items, bestow power, and azure power, all of which can be done before level ten. I'd be surprised if a wizard can't do the same.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-06, 06:41 PM
Genesis is a level 8 or 9th spell right? I've heard of that method but waiting until level 15-17 to do it just seems so slow. Anything that can be done before level 10?

Planeshift to a place where 1 prime hour= 8 hours? Isn't there a more elegant way to get all your slots back (not just 3rd level ones) without 8hours of rest?

Psionics have manifester items, bestow power, and Azure Talent, all of which can be done before level ten. I'd be surprised if a wizard can't do the same.

A scroll of Genesis is fairly cheap WBL-wise. Optimize your UMD check with Shape Soulmeld and a Wand of Divine Insight (SC) and Aid Another checks.

Samb
2010-02-06, 06:41 PM
Genesis (which is RAW-legal(ish), but may or may not be against RAI and definitely is stupidly abusable). [I suppose you could potentially use persisted Time Stop, but... I don't know any DM's that would actually allow that.][/spoiler]
yeah time stop is doable......
[spoiler]
Bedroll in Complete Mage that lowers sleeping time down to 2 hours, once every other night.
hmmm how about stockpiling or making a bunch of these bedrolls? Granted 2 hours down time could be hard to come by, but it seems to be the earlies way to achieve constant novaing.

KellKheraptis
2010-02-06, 06:56 PM
Um...Primordial Sorcerer I believe was the class, coupled with Legacy Champion, allows for refilling of slots 0-9 with 5 levels of each. Also straight Primordial Sorcerer 9 (assuming it's that long...can't remember) can do it. It's an Eberron flavored Loremaster, only better.

faceroll
2010-02-06, 10:10 PM
Mind Mage 7 (prc for arcane caster manifester multiclass from dragon 313) let's you spend power points to prepare spells in lower level slots. If you spend enough power points, you can prepare mnemonic enhancer in a 0th level slot instead of a 4th. Then cast mnemonic enhancer from that second level slot to gain 6 level zero spell slots, spend a bunch power points to prepare mnemonic enhancers in all of them, cast all them again. Just keep going until you have enough spell slots.

How do you get enough power points? Cast Dweomer of Transference on yourself which converts spells & spell like abilities cast at you into power points. Cast summon monster for a monster with a lot of SLAs and have the monster cast the SLAs into your dweomer, or use a wand, or a warlock.

If you're a spells to powers erudite, you don't even need to mess around with any of this- just learn a summon monster spell that has an SLA and learn Dweomer of Transference, and you can just recharge whenever you need to.

FishAreWet
2010-02-06, 10:12 PM
BoEF has the prostitute class which allows you to have sex for 20 minutes and regenerate spells for the day. Can only do this 1/day though.