PDA

View Full Version : How can I make this campaign idea work? [3.5 D&D]

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 06:12 PM
So I've had an idea for a campaign, probably running from about level 4 to level 20 (maybe more if I find a decent epic fix). Basically, it takes the premise of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_West_Jr) series and translates it a little, just enough to put it in D&D terms. What I want to know is what kind of houserules and DMing techniques would be useful to make it work well: I've already figured out that Teleport will need banning, but I have no further ideas. I may end up running this over on mythweavers if I feel like it.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-02-06, 08:16 PM
It's kind of hard to understand what you want just by reading that Wikipedia article. I also am not understanding why you want to use the D&D 3.5 system rather than a more futuristic d20 ruleset. If you elaborated more on what you wanted, I might be able to help more.

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 08:34 PM
I want a campaign giving the players (and PCs) a sense of wonder, excitement and really wild things as they explore uncharted wastes and hidden temples in order to save the frikking world. Basically.

Godskook
2010-02-06, 08:37 PM
I want a campaign giving the players (and PCs) a sense of wonder, excitement and really wild things as they explore uncharted wastes and hidden temples in order to save the frikking world. Basically.

What exactly is it about D&D as it stands that doesn't fit your bill?

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 08:38 PM
I'm not saying D&D doesn't work: I want it to work better. Yes I'm demanding: sue me.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-06, 08:53 PM
I'm not saying D&D doesn't work: I want it to work better. Yes I'm demanding: sue me.

Run the Temple of Elemental Evil. That's campaign-shaking enough as is.

Fortuna
2010-02-06, 08:57 PM
I don't have it :smallfrown:

Also, I guess I wasn't quite clear enough: I can get the mechanics easily enough, although suggestions on that front are welcome too. What I really want to know is how to get the feel, instead of the FRPG equivalent of this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IKEAErotica).