PDA

View Full Version : Exemplar

elonin
2010-02-06, 09:27 PM
I've noticed that this prc gets no love from the community. Is that due to its late entry?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-02-06, 09:41 PM
I've noticed that this prc gets no love from the community. Is that due to its late entry?

You've obviously never seen the Jumplomancer. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870138/The_Jumplomancer_-_are_you_serious)

Mongoose87
2010-02-06, 09:41 PM
You've obviously never seen the Jumplomancer. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870138/The_Jumplomancer_-_are_you_serious)

Or the Assplomancer.

Starscream
2010-02-06, 09:57 PM
It's not a bad class at all. It's just that it's only good for skill monkeys, and of the two main skill monkey classes, Rogues usually don't want to give up their sneak attack, and factotums don't want to give up their spellcasting (or if they do would rather go into chameleon).

Still has a few uses, even not counting the jumplomancer stuff.

faceroll
2010-02-06, 10:17 PM
It's good for a dip.

Eldariel
2010-02-06, 10:33 PM
It's very key in Nanobot-tricks. Of course, Nanobots break the game (basically, Aid Another with Fine creatures, most simply Animated Objects) but still, there's a use.

Pluto
2010-02-06, 10:33 PM
I had a character once who could cook so well he became an extraplanar being.

I love Exemplar, but I also play Experts more often than I do PC classes.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-06, 11:17 PM
This made my CW Samurai Build *much* more dangerous, by allowing him to Take 10 on his Intimidate check to cower all opponents within 30' as a move action. In other words, it forced a DC 48ish check vs d20+HD+mods to Fear effects. At level 13. Pretty darn scary.

In short, Exemplar is used to make Skill Check Abuse much more abusable, but other than a one-level dip for that purpose, completely worthless.

Darrin
2010-02-06, 11:35 PM
This made my CW Samurai Build *much* more dangerous, by allowing him to Take 10 on his Intimidate check to cower all opponents within 30' as a move action.

I found a feat that allows you to take 10 on any skill:

Hardened Criminal (City of Stormreach p. 95). Oddly enough, also makes you immune to Intimidate. Requires Iron Will, but hey, Otyugh Hole can fix you up there.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-06, 11:49 PM
I found a feat that allows you to take 10 on any skill:

Hardened Criminal (City of Stormreach p. 95). Oddly enough, also makes you immune to Intimidate. Requires Iron Will, but hey, Otyugh Hole can fix you up there.

My build is more feat-intensive than it is level-intensive. I could afford a level into Exemplar. I couldn't afford an extra feat.

Eldariel
2010-02-07, 12:11 AM
In short, Exemplar is used to make Skill Check Abuse much more abusable, but other than a one-level dip for that purpose, completely worthless.

Actually, Nanobots use Lend Talent and Xlomancers use Persuasive Performance. So they can't be completely worthless.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-07, 01:29 AM
My build is more feat-intensive than it is level-intensive. I could afford a level into Exemplar. I couldn't afford an extra feat.

How much GP did you have left? Because you only need 10K or so for a few uses of the DCFS and a double dose of the O.Hole.

elonin
2010-02-07, 08:50 AM
Does this class have a reason to exist outside of a level dip and jumplomancer (or my favorite tumbleomancer or hideomancer)? If I were playing strictly a rogue I'd go rogue 10 exemplar 10 as by this level I'm more worried about lending talent to the rest of the group.

What would you add to this to make it better in it's own right?