PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Torso

oxinabox
2010-02-07, 08:49 AM
So I'm running this nWod:CtL game,
So one of the players was being attacked (well seduced) by a vampire.
10 rounds latter
he walks off the Yatch carrying a vampire head+torso by her belt around her neck.

I'll admit i'm not to clues up on Vamp rules

So he is now in possesion of a 15 year old vampire girl, minus arms, legs, pelvis, eyes. ... he has her teath - in a bag hanging from his belt.

(his clarity is down to 4, it would be lower but he's had some lucky rolls, - He has kidnapped and tortured a mortal in the last 12 hours (though he had reason - tit was reasonable to beleive that this was fastest way to find where a kidnapped changeling who he 'had a thing for' was. and he's from a culture where torture is an acceptable form of intergation)

He's not sure what to do with her.
Considered selling her at a goblin market, but doesn't think it's worth lugging her around that long.
another option was keeping her as a pet.

This must have happend before.
A playerphysically over powers an weak vampire who's too inexpirenced/weak/out of vitae to use vigor.
Doesn't realise that she's a vampire (though does pickup that she's undead, and doesn't feel pain).
and can'e workout how to kill her (as he doesn't realise it's a vampire),
so manicals her (he had manicals as he planned to torture the one who kidnapped his 'flame' )
and then disasembles her.

Iceforge
2010-02-07, 09:10 AM
That sounds like an extremely strange situation.

But if she was a young and inexperienced vampire, then assumably she still has a sire who was trying to teach her how to act and use her powers, who must be extremely disappointed by her right now.

Now, I do not know if this game is supposed to be a pure mortals game, but I could imagine such a vampire to start show up in person at the PC's place or wherever he is staying with the dismembered body of his child, and be a cold hearted bastard who is extremely disappointed by his young charge, but impressed by the mortal who took her out, so he gets rid of his child (final death) and then starts giving some orders to the mortal (the PC) which are meant to test if he is worthy of being embrassed into a vampire

The Glyphstone
2010-02-07, 09:46 AM
He said CtL, which almost certainly means Changeling: The Lost. No embracing here.

I don't have books handy, but if he knows she's still alive, that's kidnapping, which is Clarity 4 or 3 I think.

storybookknight
2010-02-07, 09:59 AM
Ditto on the 'angry sire'. Also on the 'angry friends' - new vamps run in packs for safety (or coteries, as they say.) Not to mention that there's some Masquerade breach possibility there, in which case the whole city could come after him eventually.

Tiki Snakes
2010-02-07, 12:26 PM
I vote pet. The mishmash between the different things going on is too interesting. You have the fact that it's basically a girl who has survived him dismembering her. Then you have the contrast between her being a dangerous creature (a vampire) and the fact that she is pretty heavily neutralised.

It gives a suitable DM plenty to play with, you can go for sympathy, comedy, body-horror, whatever. And if all else fails, it does leave possible plot-hooks.

It also reminds me very much of the whole Deadpool / Blind Al relationship, and I'm down with that.

Reaper_Monkey
2010-02-07, 01:05 PM
If he aint realised its a vampire, he'll have a shock when she toasts in the morning.

Overall, this is horrifyingly sick for any character to do. Torture maybe, but dismemberment and then considering the potential profit which can be made, or at the very least having a new play thing.... no.

If they aint already Evil with a 72 fonted capital E then they bloody well should be, as such, paladins are always the option. Yes this act they might overlook as a vampire is an evil creature in itself, but they've bound to have done other questionable stuff, so smite away.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-07, 01:21 PM
There are no paladins in World of Darkness.

tahu88810
2010-02-07, 01:24 PM
If he aint realised its a vampire, he'll have a shock when she toasts in the morning.

Overall, this is horrifyingly sick for any character to do. Torture maybe, but dismemberment and then considering the potential profit which can be made, or at the very least having a new play thing.... no.

If they aint already Evil with a 72 fonted capital E then they bloody well should be, as such, paladins are always the option. Yes this act they might overlook as a vampire is an evil creature in itself, but they've bound to have done other questionable stuff, so smite away.

Sound advice...but you've got the wrong game, friend.

Reaper_Monkey
2010-02-07, 02:12 PM
Sound advice...but you've got the wrong game, friend.

Ah... I must've skipped over that. I stand corrected. Is this sort of behaviour more acceptable in that game? Or can I still suggest sending in the "good guys" in some capacity?

Lycan 01
2010-02-07, 02:22 PM
This conjurs up the image of Seras and Alucard from Hellsing. She's the weak vampire fledgeling who's learning the ropes and trying not to die-die, and he's her powerful and protective master who makes things very much dead with style.

So yeah, in regards to your young vampire, send in her equivalent to Alucard. :smallamused:

nyarlathotep
2010-02-07, 02:57 PM
Ah... I must've skipped over that. I stand corrected. Is this sort of behaviour more acceptable in that game? Or can I still suggest sending in the "good guys" in some capacity?

The problem is that in World of Darkness the closest equivalent to "good guys" are hunters, whose express job is to hunt down and kill supernatural critters. So while most of them would probably find it extremely distasteful and try to put the poor girl out of her misery, it would be extremely unlikely that they'd attack him for what he did to her.

comicshorse
2010-02-07, 07:53 PM
The problem is that in World of Darkness the closest equivalent to "good guys" are hunters, whose express job is to hunt down and kill supernatural critters

That's down to the style of game. Certianly in a Changeling game there would seem to be more room for good guys. I'm playing in one at the moment and my character would be horrified at what this guy has done

Semidi
2010-02-07, 08:04 PM
Actually, in the WoD most of the hunters are generally worse than the things they're hunting (Ashwood Abbey, the Cheiron Group, the Catholic Guys, the Long Night, and the Huntsman's Club to name a few). Depending on the hunters, they'd probably appreciate the idea of carrying around a vampire like that.

Anyway, mechanically the vampire would be filled with lethal and be in agg territory, which means that the vamp is in torpor and slowly healing. If it takes much more damage (like it would be seriously on the edge), it will just ash. The time it takes to heal in torpor should be in the requiem book.

Also, depending on the humanity and BP of the vamp, it could be in torpor for a much longer time. When it does wake up, it will first frenzy and then, depending on its disciplines, take revenge. If it's a daeva, I'd have it mesmerize the changeling and then have it release hi(e)r.

For added fun, I would have the vampire be blood bonded to someone like a sire. There are ways to track down someone you're blood bonded to. As well, vampires have a number of ways to find lost things/people such as astral projection and prophetic Cruac.

Finally, your player should be clarity 1. Kidnapping, torture, even considering selling the vamp at a goblin market, and so on. That's pretty much acting like one of the Gentry.

There are no paladins in World of Darkness.

Sure there are. It's a position within the Lancea Sanctum. Granted, the paladins of the Lance are the strong arm of the most evil evil covenant but whatever.

oxinabox
2010-02-07, 08:56 PM
Player should not be on clarity 1, he's on the short path there, but you can only loose one point of clarity at a time.
He's just reached that beutiful point where he will do whatever needs doing to rescue the girl he loves.

He know nows that she's a vampire, another player (I let him make a roll to deternine if he started wondering where the other PC went (he saw him leave but was busy hoitwiring a boat) had gone.
He came in Guns drawn, onlyt to find a torso on the floor nialed down wth her own daggers.

I need to check if dismebing vamp counts s torture if they don't feel pain (in my world vampires don't really feel much pain, and don't need muscles to move there arms (if still attached), however taking away someones limbs (vamps can;'t regrow them, can they?) is mental toture of the highest order).

I like the Sire Idea, although she weas dumb enough (i mean really really dumb and immiture, i played her that way intentionally) that her sire is probably in trouble with the Prince for embracing her.

comicshorse
2010-02-07, 09:19 PM
I like the Sire Idea, although she weas dumb enough (i mean really really dumb and immiture, i played her that way intentionally) that her sire is probably in trouble with the Prince for embracing her.

In which case his best option is for the Prince to never find she existed. She should disapear, as should anyone he can't trust who knows about her. The Player would seem to fit into that last category

Dervag
2010-02-07, 09:23 PM
Oxinabox... I don't mean any offense, but could you please be a little more careful about spelling, capitalization, punctuation, that sort of thing? I'm having trouble figuring out what you're saying some of the time.

oxinabox
2010-02-09, 03:35 AM
I really like the Sire idea, I'm swooning over it.

Ok so the last chapter ended with the PC's on a a speed boat halfway between the mainland an a island of the coast (where the story goal is located, the climax of the whole campaign (a gruelling fight through a abandoned military base, to rescue a kidnapped changeling from a mortal millionaire... I'm waiting for one of the the players to decide that I've taken the plot of Artimis Foul, replaced greed with curiosity, taken away the genius part and made it dark, and added extra torture.)

It is 4:00 am (at the earliest, i think it's probably 5am - sun rise by now)
This gives the sire a very limited window to turn up (maybe no window at all) if he wants to do it before the day starts.
Wich would be the only way to ensure that this confrontation happens before the players assault the military base (either through subterfuge, steal or the expected: go in there and kill anyone who stands in my way.)

Then again if the assault happens at night then they'll get the the pleasure of hearing screams coming from further down the tunnel. As the sire assaulted the place from another entrance, killing everything in his path to get to them.

If they assault the place during the day then when they leave at night (victorious i hope),
They'll have one last challenge to face,
they'll be on a boat speeding back to the mainland , when they will hear the beat of giant wings.

I've also got to fit a goblin market in these somewhere, Possibly they could end up going to the market to the market to stock-up on healing magic.
that could easily delay them till night.
If they sell the torso to the goblins,
then when the vampire Sire shows up (flying, vamps can do that right? this one can) he will be covered in goblin blood,
and carrying the childe in one hand, and the corpse of the hob merchant in the other.
Throw them at the ground, prior to starting his rant.

Sire:"You damaged something what was mine.
this is not acceptable.
|it doesn't matter that this little slimebag wasn't worth the blood in her veins.
it doesn't change the fact that you vandalised my property."
Childe: "Sire thankyou so much, you've save me. I'll never wander again. they die horrible things. they took out my eyes!"
Sire: "Shut it, rat. i only saved you from them so i could punish you myself, worthless piece of flesh. You'll never wander again cos I'm hanging you out to dry. in the sun."
Childe: *sobs*

By killing the Sire they've probably started a proper feud with the whole vampire community.
Then again there were some hints that vampires had been killing of changelings (in large numbers,) in the north of the city already.
no communication had been received for months from any changelings in the northern suburbs

comicshorse
2010-02-09, 12:02 PM
Can Vampires enter the Hedge ?

oxinabox
2010-02-09, 10:24 PM
Can Vampires enter the Hedge ?

Yes, the same way mortals can.
By going through a gateway that is already open.

THe Sire will just follow go to the last location where he sensed his childe, and then watch, until someone opens the gate into the hedge market