PDA

View Full Version : The GEICO Gecko v. the AFLAC Duck

Meshakhad
2010-02-07, 03:49 PM
Insurance mascots fight!

This is an interesting one. The gecko has intelligence, but the duck could eat him in one bite.

Haven
2010-02-07, 04:48 PM
I can see the GEICO Gecko being agile enough to avoid being eaten. The duck's still just a duck, though.

kpenguin
2010-02-07, 04:50 PM
Not only that, but the duck seems rather clumsy and inept. I'd say that the GEICO gecko wins out.

As a side note, I'm fairly sure this breaks the VS. Thread guidelines.

Dragon queen
2010-02-07, 04:53 PM
This...is the fight of the century. The talking Aflac duck vs the loved by millions gecko,Geico. Who will win?!? I have $40,000 on the duck.:smallbiggrin:

Gorgondantess
2010-02-07, 04:53 PM
Besides, GEICO is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. No duck can take on Warren Buffet.:smallamused:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-07, 05:00 PM
* The first post should not be a one liner, or other very short introduction. It should be at least a page long, detailing the specifics of the discussion including the reason you are asking.
* The thread should be based on a genuine argument that has cropped up through way of a discussion on this board or amongst your friends.
* It should be a genuine, non humourous, match up.
* It should be media related (note that we have other forums that may be more appropriate as well).
* The thread should be well fleshed out and carefully considered.
* It should not be something 'spur of the moment', please consider it carefully, take the time to do it properly and not make one because 'everyone else is doing it, I want one too' or 'that one already had a thread, so I made this one'.
* The opening post should be serious and likely to lead to a serious discussion.[/LIST]

The general guidelines for vs. threads. Stickied topic and all.

Just saying. (Also, the Gecko is friends with Cavemen, he totally would win).

Dragon queen
2010-02-07, 05:04 PM
Besides, GEICO is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. No duck can take on Warren Buffet.:smallamused:

YOU THINK! The duck is more powerful then you think Anakin. You must embrace its power.

Starfols
2010-02-07, 05:08 PM
If the Geico Gecko is any relation to Gex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gex_(video_game)), it's a shoo-in for him.

Tirian
2010-02-07, 05:18 PM
The power of Gilbert Godfrey is almost overwhelming in voiceovers. Only a corporate mascot voiced by James Earl Jones or David Warner could hope to defeat him.

Mewtarthio
2010-02-07, 05:21 PM
(Also, the Gecko is friends with Cavemen, he totally would win).

Nope. The GEICO Caveman hates GEICO. The gecko is the symbol of the majority's oppression of his people. He'd probably be more than willing to smash the lizard if the duck tried talking him into it.

Unfortunately, the duck is incapable of saying anything other than "AFLAC!", which limits his diplomatic options. Plus, if we allow that sort of thing, then the gecko gets access to The Money You Could Be Saving With GEICO. I think we all agree that TMYCBSWG is a trump card in any contest involving subterfuge and terror, but will the gecko be willing to resort to such dark measures?

Dienekes
2010-02-07, 05:28 PM
The duck.

Seriously that thing can take a lot of punishment and keep trucking like a champion. A confused, bumbling champion, but a champion none the less.

What can the gecko do? Be British, that's it.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-07, 05:39 PM
Nope. The GEICO Caveman hates GEICO. The gecko is the symbol of the majority's oppression of his people.

The Gecko has very separate business and private lives.

Starfols
2010-02-07, 05:43 PM
The duck.

Seriously that thing can take a lot of punishment and keep trucking like a champion. A confused, bumbling champion, but a champion none the less.

What can the gecko do? Be British, that's it.

His accent sounded more South African to me :smallconfused:. Actor is British, though.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-02-07, 05:46 PM
Aflac Duck hands down. The GEICO gecko really comes across as all warm and fuzzy and what not, and probably doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Whereas the duck could probably put a whoopin' on someone when he wants to (like Chinese takeout delivery drivers).

Dienekes
2010-02-07, 05:48 PM
His accent sounded more South African to me :smallconfused:. Actor is British, though.

I'll be honest, I have a terrible ear for accents. If you say he sounds South African I'll trust ya.

R. Shackleford
2010-02-07, 07:02 PM
Didn't the AFLAC duck get sucked into a zamboni once?

And he came back after that.

The duck is a tough bird. He'd take out that gecko no problem.