PDA

View Full Version : Did I do all of this correctly?

tahu88810
2010-02-07, 04:50 PM
Heya! I recently got bored and decided to take that Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian Bear Warrior Bearlord people were joking about a few days ago...
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to double check this for me? I don't know if I messed up anywhere, but I'm sure I did and if I did I wouldn't have noticed it.
Well, here he is: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184076

BRC
2010-02-07, 04:53 PM
Heya! I recently got bored and decided to take that Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Totem Barbarian Bear Warrior Bearlord people were joking about a few days ago...
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to double check this for me? I don't know if I messed up anywhere, but I'm sure I did and if I did I wouldn't have noticed it.
Well, here he is: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184076
Under "Diety" You should have put "Godless Killing Machine"

tahu88810
2010-02-07, 04:55 PM
But isn't that what bears are?:smallbiggrin:

holywhippet
2010-02-07, 05:00 PM
But isn't that what bears are?:smallbiggrin:

Um, no. Bears will actually tend to stay away from people. Unless you threaten a mama bears cubs of course in which case she will tear you limb from limb.

nightwyrm
2010-02-07, 05:08 PM
Um, no. Bears will actually tend to stay away from people. Unless you threaten a mama bears cubs of course in which case she will tear you limb from limb.

I believe he's making a Stephen Colbert reference joke....

but hey, I've never seen a bear go to chruch so who knows...

tahu88810
2010-02-07, 05:09 PM

I...I was trying to be funny.

But! According to Bear Grylls, certain bears -will- attack for no reason other than that they can.

Ceaon
2010-02-07, 05:14 PM
But! According to Bear Grylls, certain bears -will- attack for no reason other than that they can.

Yeah... Bear is quite entertaining. :smallbiggrin:

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-02-07, 05:47 PM
Needs moar bear. Seriously, though, there are two sets of "Totem Barbarians," which are not mutually exclusive. Go bear for both. One's in Complete Champion, the other's in UA.

It's pushing it, but you could also go Frenzied BEARzerker and maybe even Bloodclaw Master, to get shifting to become even more bear-like. Also, dipping into Druid to get yourself another bear is workable, but requires a feat.

EDIT: You can buy-off the 2 LA, which means you actually have levels to work with! Yeah!

EDIT 2: Don't be a natural lycanothrope either, as that's another +1LA you really don't want to have.

tahu88810
2010-02-07, 07:00 PM
Needs moar bear. Seriously, though, there are two sets of "Totem Barbarians," which are not mutually exclusive. Go bear for both. One's in Complete Champion, the other's in UA.

It's pushing it, but you could also go Frenzied BEARzerker and maybe even Bloodclaw Master, to get shifting to become even more bear-like. Also, dipping into Druid to get yourself another bear is workable, but requires a feat.

EDIT: You can buy-off the 2 LA, which means you actually have levels to work with! Yeah!

EDIT 2: Don't be a natural lycanothrope either, as that's another +1LA you really don't want to have.
Alright, thanks. I'll look into figuring out how buying off LA works, and also use those three levels for more bear goodness.

Yuki Akuma
2010-02-07, 07:14 PM

Polar bears hunt humans.

So :smalltongue:

faceroll
2010-02-07, 07:35 PM

Um, the proximity a bear has to a person has no effect on their status as godless killing machines.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-02-07, 07:41 PM
Alright, thanks. I'll look into figuring out how buying off LA works, and also use those three levels for more bear goodness.

This should help. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm) Racial HD make it a little screwy, as they don't count as class levels (normally) for reducing the LA. However, you should be able to nix one or two of it, especially if you're not a natural werebear. Also, depending on variants, such as LA/HD being bought as levels, you may be able to get even more mileage out of it.

EDIT:

Um, the proximity a bear has to a person has no effect on their status as godless killing machines.

Also, this a thousand times over. And, considering you may be wearing armor, this thing won't be able to stop you! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CzYw5-qdA)

Oh, and you may also want to go Fist of the Forest to get Con to AC.

taltamir
2010-02-07, 07:47 PM

or unless its hungry, or unless its in a bad mood, or unless its got a taste for humans, or unless it is feeling bad, etc etc etc.

"tend to shy away" has the key word of tend... they don't always shy away, and large predators do in fact eat humans.
And "threaten" means "stumble upon and then run for your life"... if anything, being "threatening" increases the likelihood of her taking her cubs and retreating while defending them instead of chasing you down and tearing you apart.

BRC
2010-02-07, 07:47 PM
Is there a way to get this character to be on Fire? The only thing more dangerous than a Bear is a Bear that is also on fire.

Superglucose
2010-02-07, 08:07 PM
Also the 3 LA if he wants, right?

Siosilvar
2010-02-07, 08:14 PM
Is there a way to get this character to be on Fire? The only thing more dangerous than a Bear is a Bear that is also on fire.

Because ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire.

[Bear]sai maybe?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-02-08, 10:16 AM
Also the 3 LA if he wants, right?

Possibly. It would depend heavily on when the character became a werebear, as I think the anthropomorphic bear also has some LA on it. Depending on timing, it may be possible to get ride of most if it, but I'm not certain what with being AFB.