PDA

View Full Version : Bebilith - Here monstrous demonic spidery creature...walk into the trap...

Boci
2010-02-07, 06:24 PM
So, these outsiders have:
1. 12HD,
2. Will save modifier of +9,
3. No SR,
4. A charisma modifier of +1
5. And a touch AC of 9.

So, when my artificer reaches level 9, the following sounds like a plan:
1. Craft 3 scrolls of Planar Binding, 1 scrollof dimensional anchor, scroll of magical circle against evil
2. Planar bind a bebilith
3. Have sorceror (who readied an action and cast true strike on themselves beforehand) hit it with dimensional anchor. It cannot make the charisma or SR check to break free, and now cannot planeshift away.
4. ??? (Probably lower charisma, get service done)
5. Profit

Seriously, am I overlooking something, or are these creatures just made for the spell?

faceroll
2010-02-07, 06:30 PM
Wands are always fully charged when created.

Otodetu
2010-02-07, 06:31 PM
I guess...

Just know that demons are cruel and not to be trusted :P

Boci
2010-02-07, 06:32 PM
Wands are always fully charged when created.

Oh well, I was trying to cut down on the cost. It hardly changes anything, I'll just make a scrolls instead. Minor bump in price. Shrug.

I guess...

That depends. No tool is useless, you just have to find the job it was made for. For example, if I wanted to slaughter my party...

CTLC
2010-02-07, 06:39 PM
I guess...

batimaeus trilogy?
anywho, ima roll up an artificer. ^_^

Boci
2010-02-07, 09:21 PM
anywho, ima roll up an artificer. ^_^

Wizard or sorceror with arcane mastery could do it as well, just not as good. Looking over the core options, its a shame you cannot call a retriever, because that would be even sweeter.

Starscream
2010-02-07, 09:24 PM
If you really want to abuse captured demons, take a gander at the Extract Gift spell from Fiendish Codex 1. Fun way to get permanent stat increases several levels before Wish is available. The Demon doesn't have to be willing, and it's not even an evil spell, just a chaotic one.

Boci
2010-02-07, 09:31 PM
If you really want to abuse captured demons, take a gander at the Extract Gift spell from Fiendish Codex 1. Fun way to get permanent stat increases several levels before Wish is available. The Demon doesn't have to be willing, and it's not even an evil spell, just a chaotic one.

True, but the DM is less likely to take revenge on you if you exploit a spell yo gain a short but powerful advantage than a permenant but decent one.

Otodetu
2010-02-07, 10:06 PM
A good dm does not take revenge. But maybe the demon will... if it can even get hold of you that is.

Jack_Simth
2010-02-07, 10:32 PM
So, these outsiders have:
1. 12HD,
2. Will save modifier of +9,
3. No SR,
4. A charisma modifier of +1
5. And a touch AC of 9.

So, when my artificer reaches level 9, the following sounds like a plan:
1. Craft 3 scrolls of Planar Binding, 1 scrollof dimensional anchor, scroll of magical circle against evil
2. Planar bind a bebilith
3. Have sorceror (who readied an action and cast true strike on themselves beforehand) hit it with dimensional anchor. It cannot make the charisma or SR check to break free, and now cannot planeshift away.
4. ??? (Probably lower charisma, get service done)
5. Profit

Seriously, am I overlooking something, or are these creatures just made for the spell?

You're forgetting Scribing the Calling Diagram. Lets you cut the Sorcerer out of the loop, as you get to cast the dimensional anchor a round before you begin Planar Binding the critter (and it also keeps it from using that pesky Web on you).

Boci
2010-02-07, 10:34 PM
A good dm does not take revenge. But maybe the demon will... if it can even get hold of you that is.

For abusing game mechanics? I don't think that is too wrong.

Boci
2010-02-08, 12:50 AM
You're forgetting Scribing the Calling Diagram. Lets you cut the Sorcerer out of the loop, as you get to cast the dimensional anchor a round before you begin Planar Binding the critter (and it also keeps it from using that pesky Web on you).

Okay, so all you need to do if have enough scrolls to beat its will save (45% each time) and make the opposed charisma check. Sounds good.