PDA

View Full Version : The Da'mall - Thread #2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Zjackrum
2010-02-07, 06:29 PM
Character list:

Jahanne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=13522) - Druid >> Toliudar

Ralen Ardech (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=80431) - Diviner >> Cespenar

Vincent Ashford (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=201962) - Warmage >> Lynam III

Nathanial Red-blade (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=327350) - Fighter >> bobthe6th

Kos Tirellis (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=11788) - Scout /Order of the Bow Init >> GiedalCane

Munh Rodelim (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=326211) - Cleric >> Steckie

On Extended Leave:

Mousequeton Silvari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=5992) - Bard >> Toliudar

The Dearly Departed:

Ayaki - Rogue/wizard >> Faithdreamer
Died from Rectal Cancer

Malachai - Beguiler >> Jael_Darkwood
Retired to become a mime.

Melchor Deschain - Ranger >> Inigo Montoya
Died from attempting to cheat and failing miserably.

Reynoldo Estebar - Monk >> Kryoswolf
Suicide due to depression.

Venthryl - Ranger/Wizard (Evoker) >> Diarmuid
Heart cancer.

Refa Osten - Rogue >> The Bushranger
Killed by a "blood god" dwarf (and his own stupidity)

Morosorm Asha - Sorcerer >> Alton
One-shotted by a "blood god" dwarf

Alexander Nasheed - Barbarian/Fighter >> HempRope
Killed in battle with the undead.

Emerik D'Averon - Fighter/cleric >> Darkantra
Retired back to the Church of Kord.

Charles Denningham - Cloistered Cleric >> Narazil
Retired from adventuring - too violent.

Aidan Royne - Sorcerer >> Steward
Killed while destroying the Kalo roadblock.

Illrien Tyada - Whirling Frenzy Barbarian >> Ellisande
Disappeared. (Read: Handler got tired of posting)

Avandra d'Orien - Warlock >> Kol Korran
Disappeared.

Kemble - Rogue/Urban Ranger >> Tyreus
On another assignment

Wilmorn Milner - Cleric >> VinGoodman
On another assignment

Takara Suzume - Cleric/Sacred Exorcist >> Darius
Was only on loan from Church of Pelor. Returned to the Church.

Nigel - Beguiler >> Grendus
Disappeared

Thomas Wolfe - Rogue / Uncanny Trickster >> KingRexII
Disappeared

Betania - Duskblade >> Four Horsebears
Disappeared

-- 4 additional members also fell in the campaign, however their contributions (# of posts) were so pathetically low their characters do not deserve names, beyond mere statistics.

A link to part 1 of the campaign. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63457)
A link to our OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83459)

Cespenar
2010-02-07, 07:01 PM
(OOC: Heh, it's like looking at a highscore table in a rogue-like game, which may or may not be your intention, I'm not sure. :smallbiggrin:)

Zjackrum
2010-02-07, 07:08 PM
COMPENDIUM OF INFORMATION

By player request, this post will try to contain relevant information for people to refer to.

MORIENN - empire

An empire that encompasses the northern provinces. Mostly human, but with some halfling villages.
People of Interest: Colonel Jorgan Sky.

THE KALO EMPIRE - empire

An empire that encompasses many of the southern provinces. Current head of state is Emperor Jarakata Kalo the first. A war-like culture bent on expansion via conquest.

People of Interest: Emperor Jarakata Kalo

DWARVEN TERRITORIES - empire?
The majority of dwarves hail from the 'dwarven territories' several weeks travel to the east of Corsand. Governed by a King, though nobody knows who, as he does not venture out of his stronghold.
The dwarves have a complicated trade agreement with the Morienn Resistance, which, specifically, says they shall trade with whomever owns Corsand. Recent conflict between the dwarves and the Kalo have them supplying the Morienn Resistance with supplies, as opposed to the Kalo.

People of Interest: Rockell Hammerfist (trade liason)

THE DA'MALL - empire (past)

An empire that encompassed most of the world several hundred years in the past. War-like in the beginning, that evolved to peaceful co-existence. Faded away a long time ago. Both Morienn and the Kalo Empire inhabit land that was once Da'mall land.
Treasure troves left behind by the Da'mall have been found in some cities and scattered through-out the world. Rare, but powerful artifacts of their civilization.
People of Interest: None
Places of Interest: Da'mall Treasure Trove #6, located within the sewers. (Unexplored)

CORSAND - City

Previously falling under Morienn territory, the Kalo army has pushed north far enough to conquer the harbor city. As a trading hub for the newly dubbed 'Kalo River,' the sprawling city is a marketplace of incoming and outgoing goods that the independents have capitalized on.
The Morienn Army & Navy sits north of the river. The Kalo army occupies the city.

PEOPLE OF INTEREST:

Ankouras Groth - An elf mercenary working independently in Corsand.
Colonel Jorgan Sky - Commander of the Morienn Army 3rd infantry division. Currently head of the Morienn Resistance.
Lars - A member of the Morienn Army under Jorgan. He acts as bartender of the [tavern]. It is also known that he works as a torturer.
Rockell Hammerfist - Liason trade officer for the dwarven lands and whomever owns Corsand. Somewhat allied with the Morienn Resistance.

Cespenar
2010-02-09, 03:50 PM
OOC: Dead? Now, that's inconveniencing...
OOC2: Why is our visibility reduced? We are standing on the edge of the fog, we're not looking through any. Do you mean the undergrowth?
Ralen

Shocked (but not quite) by Aidan's fall, Ralen grits his teeth and focuses on the task at hand. He continues waiting expectantly for the reinforcements to appear.

Readying an action to cast Glitterdust on a group of enemies as best as he can. The area is a 10-foot square, and he won't cast it if it would affect only one enemy (with the exception of the boss) or would affect any of his allies. DC 17.

Ellisande
2010-02-09, 10:55 PM
OOC: Sounds good. I'll take care of DR on my own from here on out.

Ilrien

Hearing the reinforcements coming, the bladesman gives up on a quick conclusion to the fight with these guards, and wonders if falling back to fight another day might not be judicious. He takes a deep breath and banishes the thought from his mind, thinking of nothing but the fight.

Dropping the greatsword, he sweeps up the more familiar polearm from the ground and steps back to a more civilized distance to make another sweeping attack.

Enter Whirling Frenzy. New AC: 19, +2 to reflex saves, +4 Str.

If Ilrien can reach his guisarme from 1 square back:

5 foot step back, drop his sword, and pick up the polearm from the ground, facing his foe for the attack.

If not:
Pick up the polearm (triggering an AOO), and then 5-foot step back and drop the sword, then attacking.

Either way: Power Attack -5/+10

Trip Attack (touch): [roll0]
Opposed Str Check: [roll1]
Bonus Attack: [roll2]
Bonus Damage: [roll3]

Toliudar
2010-02-09, 11:54 PM
Jahanne, round 6

The dwarf's spell finally finishes, and a massive crocodile appears north of the patch of grasping vegetation. Jahanne gestures to Gudrun, and the two slip slightly further back into the fog. Jahanne can be heard to start chanting...yet again.

Because Summons take a round to cast, she wasn't going to be finished until the start of her action this round. Summoning a Giant Crocodile, at least 5' north of the entangling area and as far west as she can. Stats are as follows:

Size/Type: Huge Animal
Hit Dice: 7d8+42 (73 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+23
Attack: Bite +13 melee (2d8+14) or tail slap +13 melee (1d12+14)
Full Attack: Bite +13 melee (2d8+14) or tail slap +13 melee (1d12+14)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Hold breath, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 12, Con 23, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Hide +1*, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +16
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Skill Focus (Hide)

If there's any opponents that the crocodile can see (spot [roll0], it will charge forward to bite and attempt to grapple one:
Charging attack (lowers AC to 14), moving up to 40' [roll1]
Bite Damage: [roll2]
Opposed grapple check: [roll3]

If the crocodile or one of her companions (except for Aiden) seem inclined to enter the entangle area, Jahanne will dismiss it immediately.

Jahanne and Gudrun are then taking a 5' step east into the fog. Jahanne is beginning to cast Summon Nature's Ally III (will complete at the beginning of her action on round 7). Gudrun is readying an action to attack soldiers or unfriendly creatures who comes within reach.
Claw: Attack [roll4], Damage [roll5]

Tyreus
2010-02-10, 01:16 AM
Kemble adjust his position all the while launching daggers at the guard Ilrien is engaged with.

If Kemble can attack without leaving the mist then he will throw his daggers and hide further inside the mist, if not then he will move 5' out and attack G4.

Delaying until Ilrien moves away, giving Kemble a clear shot. If for some reason a discernable boss can be attacked these go to him.

Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3] + [roll4]
[roll5] + [roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

Zjackrum
2010-02-10, 08:33 AM
OOC: Phew! Good to see everybody found the new thread and posted. I was supposed to post last night but nobody had made any moves, and I didn't really want to DM everyone.

Cespenar - keep in mind the green squares are thick forest, and visibility is reduced to ~20-30". The grey mist squares reduce visibility to 5".

As for Aiden dying... He was at 12/16 hp before the attack, which did 25 damage, so he would be technically below the -10 cap. I don't know if there's a chance to stabilize him in this situation. On the other hand, he did deliberately close to melee range with the guard, which I didn't quite understand. Almost like he wasn't really checking the map or reading the posts fully. I'm having flashbacks to a certain roguish character named Refa.

At work now. Will post next round later today.

Ellisande
2010-02-10, 09:33 AM
Delaying until Ilrien moves away, giving Kemble a clear shot.

OOC: It'll also give him his SA damage if Ilrien starts rolling well enough, a combo that has been markedly less effective so far than I've hoped. ^_^

Zjackrum
2010-02-10, 09:31 PM
Round Six

Kemble - Delay until after Illrien.
Boss - Makes no move that you can see. Boss yells,
"Watch out for the druid magic!"
G6 - enters the map from the west. Position shown. He is dressed in chainmail, and wielding a composite longbow.
G7 - no action that you can see.
G5 - no action that you can see.
G8 - no action that you can see.
Aidan
Ralen - Ready action to cast glitterdust at visible enemies within range.
Illrien - moves 5" east. He picks up and equips his guisarme.
OOC: I don't think you can pick up, equip, and use a weapon all in the same turn. Regardless, your trip attack missed.
Kemble - Throws three knives at G4.
(1d20+9)[16] Miss!
(1d20+9)[27] Hit! (1d3+3)[5] + (4d6)[16] Dmg
(1d20+9)[27] Hit! (1d3+3)[4] + (4d6)[15] Dmg
G4 takes the daggers like a man. Unfortunately he also dies.
Jahanne - Summons a Giant Crocodile "C" on the map.
Both Jahanne and Gundrun move 5" east. Jahanne begins casting Summon Nature's Ally III.

End of Round Six.

Turn Order for Round Seven.

Kemble
Boss
G6
G7
G5
G8
Aidan
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne
G4

THE MAP. (http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/zjackrum/temp.html)

Toliudar
2010-02-11, 12:21 AM
Because G5 is only about 60' away from the crocodile, I'm assuming that it would have seen him and begun moving towards him last round, when it was summoned. This in turn would have caused Jahanne to dismiss the Entanglement, as noted in my last post. Given the starting position as noted and a land speed of 20', I'm assuming the crocodile would have hustled (in order to move 60'), causing it to fill an area 3 squares wide and 3 squares high, immediately north of the barricade/wall. No attack from the croc last round.

Oh, and this round, Jahanne is summoning 1d3 hippogriffs. Here's me finding out how many: [roll0]

Toliudar
2010-02-11, 01:12 AM
Jahanne

The massive crocodile lunges at any of the guardsmen near it, striking to bite and hold.

As Jahanne finishes her casting, a pair of hippogriffs with grey-brown plumage appears west of the fog cloud, about 20' in the air. They immediately lunge forward towards the approaching guardsmen.

[Assuming that no one seems to be approaching her in the fog] Jahanne begins chanting again.

If there are guards that Jahanne can see or hear approaching the fog cloud, or if the cloud gets hit by some sort of area effect, she will instead hop onto Gudrun and ride him out of the cloud, casting lightning strike and targeting (preferably) the boss or the nearest guard. Damage [roll0], Reflex DC 17 for half.

Preferably, though, she will start casting Summon Nature's Ally IV. Gudrun will maintain his readied action to guard her.

Attack of opportunity by the croc, if any of the guards do anything stupid within 10' of him. Attack: [roll1] Damage [roll2] Opposed Grapple [roll3]

Croc will charge up to 40' to reach a guardsman, bite and attempt to hold. If it has to move more than 5' in order to do so, it becomes a charge - attack roll goes up by 2, and its AC drops to 14. Attack: [roll4] Damage [roll5] Opposed Grapple [roll6]. If he's already snatched up someone from an AoO, then it'll just be an opposed grapple check to deal the additional damage.

Hippogriffs both fly up to 200' to attack an opponent who is not hidden or otherwise engaged. With a charging attack, the hippogriffs are AC 13, HP 31.
H1 Attack: [roll7] Damage [roll8]
H2 Attack: [roll9] Damage [roll10]

Gudrun readied action to attack: [roll11] Damage [roll12] (I've been forgetting to add the bonus from Greater Magic Fang)

Zjackrum
2010-02-11, 10:16 AM
Tol - You're forgetting about the vision reduction from the trees. Remember that any green square cuts vision to within 20", and gray squares cut vision to 10", so the crocodile (and you, for that matter) couldn't see G6. (Presumably you mean g6, when you say G5.)

Also - I'm not sure exactly how the control of summon nature's allies works - do they simply attack anyone? Obviously they would defend you, but how can they know who is an enemy and who is an ally? Presumably they could follow spoken orders to a certain degree... Should I DM him as a friendly NPC?

Also also - you somehow managed to summon the croc outside your visibility. We'll forget about that for now cause thats' my bad.
I haven't really been following my own rules with the foilage blocking ranged attacks, but if you're shooting/throwing from more than 15" away, there is going to be a incremenetal chance to miss based on stuff in the way.

Also also also - Ignore G4 on the map cause he's dead.

Toliudar
2010-02-11, 11:30 AM
Zjackrum, thanks for all this:

I thought that vision was reduced because of the fog, not the tree cover. How tall are the trees? I might need to change the placement of the hippogriffs as well.

If the dark green reduces visibility to 20', that's great news, because it means that the boss is somewhere on the map, or else he wouldn't have seen the entanglement. How about the Croc gets a listen check for all the guards rushing towards us? [roll0] If he's successful, he moves towards that sound.

Control of summoned creatures:

It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.

This is one of the haziest concepts in the game. I end of envisioning it as kind of like the blue, green and red auras that surround friends, neutrals and enemies in the Neverwinter games. There are other spells that allow you to target "enemies" in an area without harming friendlies, and you don't even need to know that the enemies are there. Because Jahanne doesn't have speak with animals active, and doesn't have any good way of directing the actions using a handle animal check or, say, pointing, I'm relying on the first sentence of that quote. If you'd like to rule a different interpretation on how summons work, let me know and I'll adapt.

Summoning, like most spells, requires line of effect, not line of sight. If it's completely dark, I can still fire a lightning bolt. Unless you're ruling that the trees are providing total cover and not just concealment, I should be able to place the summoned creatures anywhere within range.

Let me know what I need to change.

Zjackrum
2010-02-11, 07:26 PM
Hmm... Well yeah that makes sense. Unlike elemental summoning or something along that line, does the crocodile exist elsewhere? Is it self-aware? Heh well thats a noodle-scratcher.
Presumably the crocodile knows good from evil, but would he know to move around and search for enemies? I guess a listen check would make sense for the crocodile hearing enemies.
As to our earlier discussion, the guards arent the smartest enemies, and yes, they all are on the map. Placing the croc is no problem, but the hippogriffs will have trouble seeing enemies due to the foliage. The trees sort of vary in height from 10 to 20 feet, but the obscurring mist is 20 feet high. So yes the hippogriffs can fly over the area, but unless they come within 20 feet they wont see them.

Toliudar
2010-02-12, 01:53 AM
If I'm able to convey to the hippogriffs that they should look around for enemies, it shouldn't be too difficult to see them from above. You said that visibility is limited to 20' in the treed areas. The trees are (at most) 20' high, so the maximum concealment is 15' so as long as they're about diagonal or better to a guard, they'll spot them, yes?

Weirdly, the geometry of this would mean that, even though the fog was 20' high, someone on the ground at the distance would never have seen it. Go figure. It would seem to follow that if someone on the ground can see above the treeptops, then something above the treetops can see people on the ground. Make sense?

Cespenar
2010-02-12, 01:53 PM
OOC: Toliudar seems to have a point about the fog, logic-wise, or so I think. Anyway.

Ralen

Remembering it somewhat late, Ralen decides to cast a quick spell, hopefully before the imminent attack. The air in front of him ripples for a quick moment as the spell works its *cough* magic.

Shield on self. AC 19.

Zjackrum
2010-02-12, 07:03 PM
Nope. Definitely true. The Hippogriffs will be able to see the enemies within 30-40" or so.

Ellisande
2010-02-13, 02:27 PM
Ilrien

The bladesman glanced back at Kemble's hiding place, a focused look on his face. "Just a couple left, it seems. Shall we see what we can do?" Without waiting for an answer, he charges at the guard who has just come into view.

Ilrien charges G6. A trip attack, PA for -4/+8

OOC: I'm picturing a fairly low barricade; if this is a proper wall that he's not able to strike across, let me know and I'll rewrite.

Trip Attack:[roll0]
Str Check: [roll1]
Bonus Attack: [roll2]
Bonus Damage: [roll3]

Hope this works...

Tyreus
2010-02-14, 02:06 PM
Kemble smiles at the warrior but doesn't reply and begins sneaking towards the guard.

Move 40 ft along the edge of the forest towards G6.
Hide: [roll0]

Zjackrum
2010-02-15, 12:06 AM
Round Seven

Kemble - More info needed - if you're running through the forest, you won't be able to hide and will make a lot of noise. I moved you 20" for now. (Recall - the green squares take 10" movement to move 5".
Boss - No action that you can see.
G6 - Fires an arrow at Illrien.
1d20+8;1d8+3 → [12,8] = (20) Hit.
1d20+8;1d8+3 → [5,3] = (8) Dmg.
The arrow strikes Illrien for 8 damage.
G7 - No action that you can see.
G5 - No action that you can see.
G8 - No action that you can see.
Aidan
Ralen - Casts shield on himself. AC 19.
Illrien - DM >> How are you getting +10 on a strength check? Before you can trip him, you gotta let me know. Power attack does not help with a strength check.
Trip Attack:(1d20+12)[29] Success!
Str Check: (1d20+10)[11]
Opposed strength roll > 1d20+3 → [6,3] = (9) Maybe fail
Jahanne - Casts Summon Nature's Ally IV. Creates 2 Hippogriffs (H1 & H2).
H1 - flies to the west. Spotting an enemy, it charges G5.
H1 Attack: (1d20+10)[21] Hit. Damage (1d4+6)[10]
H2 - flies to the west. Spotting an enemy, it charges G5.
H2 Attack: (1d20+10)[28] Hit. Damage (1d4+6)[9]
C - Hearing the combat, the crocodile double-moves to new his new position. After running, he cannot attack.

End of Round Seven.

Turn order for Round Eight:

Kemble
Boss
G6
G7
G5
G8
Aidan
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Ellisande
2010-02-15, 12:49 AM
Illrien - DM >> How are you getting +10 on a strength check? Before you can trip him, you gotta let me know. Power attack does not help with a strength check.
Trip Attack:(1d20+12)[29] Success!
Str Check: (1d20+10)[11]
Opposed strength roll > 1d20+3 → [6,3] = (9) Maybe fail

Absolutely--I realized how ridiculous that suggestion would be as soon as I thought of it last time. ^_^ While I have been taking the penalty for Power Attack on both attacks (the touch attack and the bonus attack), I've only been applying its benefits to the bonus attack's damage (which hasn't done him much good so far).

I'm calculating it as +6 for Str (including the bonus for Whirling Frenzy) and +4 for Improved Trip. Does that match your maths?

(Aside: Since he's using a reach weapon, he should probably be stopping one square earlier than you have him on the map...)

Toliudar
2010-02-15, 01:18 AM
Jahanne, round 7

Jahanne dismisses the area of entanglement, fearing that it was blocking her own companions more than the opponents.

The hippogriffs and croc endeavour to lay waste to any soldiers they can reach.

Jahanne completes her enchantment, and a unicorn appears outside of the fog. Jahanne calls out to it in Sylvan: "Somewhere out there is an asshat wizard. Go away from the sound of my voice, and see if you can see someone who isn't obviously a soldier, or if there's something invisible that you can sense with your evil detection. If you find either, yell what you've found back to me in Sylvan. If not, listen for instructions."

The unicorn takes off to the east.

Jahanne crouches down and transforms into a brown bear. She and Gudrun gallop off to the west.

Re: crocodile. For the future, do keep in mind that it has a 10' reach, and even if everything is still moving at half speed in the dark green area, it could still move 10 and reach something 10' away. Also, please keep in mind that the crocodile actually occupies the squares 10' north and 10' east of its current position, so if anyone's not invisible and in the northwest quadrant of the map, it can probably see them.

As noted, Jahanne is dismissing the entangle spell at the top of her turn.

The unicorn is starting out 20' north of Kemble's starting position. It uses a free action to activate its detect evil ability, which creates a cone of detection 60' long and 60' wide. With half speed movement through the trees, it should be able to move 60' west, covering 5 squares north and south of it with its detection. Keep in mind that the unicorn is surrounded with a circle of protection from evil, so summoned creatures can't get within 10' of it.

Jahanne is taking a standard action to wildshape into a brown bear. She can then move 40' west (woodland stride ability negating the movement penalty of the woods), while Gudrun is taking a double move in order to also move 40' west.

Spot and Listen checks (specifically, watching and listening for spellcasting or sounds of movement without a person associated with it). If Jahanne hears something like that, she will immediately report it to the others.
Unicorn: [roll0], [roll1]
Jahanne: [roll2], [roll3]
Gudrun: [roll4], [roll5]

Crocodile attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] Opposed grapple: [roll8]

Hippogriff 1 full attack:
Claw 1: Attack [roll9] Damage [roll10]
Claw 2: Attack [roll11] Damage [roll12]
Bite: Attack [roll13] Damage [roll14]

Hippogriff 2 full attack:
Claw 1: Attack [roll15] Damage [roll16]
Claw 2: Attack [roll17] Damage [roll18]
Bite: Attack [roll19] Damage [roll20]

Toliudar
2010-02-15, 01:21 AM
Crit confirmation on the crocodile's bite: [roll0]
If it hits, extra damage: [roll1]

Tyreus
2010-02-15, 12:04 PM
Kemble carefully creeps ahead another 20 ft.

Alright then I forgot about the movement penalty. So last rounds action stands and he will do the same thing this round. Basically setting Kemble up for some sneak attacks next round.

Cespenar
2010-02-15, 01:53 PM
Ralen

Ralen sees that the druid pretty much dominates the battle at this point, and holds on to the spell he was going to fling. He instead goes near Aidan and checks his pulse, still surprised at how easy he fell.

Zjackrum
2010-02-18, 12:00 AM
Ellisande - my understanding of 'charge' was that you couldn't stop short. In fact, I didn't think you could do a trip attack on the charge either. Would need a more experienced player to verify. +10 for Str does sound right, though.

Retro from last round - G6 is tripped.

Round Eight

Kemble - Kemble quietly moves 20" west.
Boss - no action that you can see.
G6 - Stands up. Total defense - +4 AC.
G6 yells, "I need some back up!"
G7 - Rushing to join the fight, G7 charges the crocodile.
1d20+8 → [11,8] = (19) Hit!
1d8+4 → [9,4] = (13) Dmg
Croc takes 13 dmg.
G5 - Full attack on H1.
1d20+8 → [16,8] = (24) Hit!
1d8+3 → [8,3] = (13) 11 dmg
1d20+3 → [5,3] = (8) Miss!
G8 - Emerging from the trees, G8 attacks H1.
1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20)
1d8+3 → [5,3] = (8)
H1 takes 19 damage.
Ralen - You fail to find any signs of life on the fallen body of Aiden, though it's possible a good field doctor or cleric might be able to save him.
DM note > I'm guessing Steward is long gone, since he hasn't posted in awhile. It's sad that he was brought to below -10 hp in one full attack. If he wants to keep playing, any manner of curing spell/potion will stabilize him.
Illrien - DM (values may be incorrect?) > 5" east, Full attack on G6. +4 Due to being prone, vs AC 22.
1d20+12 → [11,12] = (23) Hit!
2d4+7 → [1,1,7] = (9) Dmg
1d20+7 → [7,7] = (14) Miss!
G6 takes 9 damage. G6 is wounded!
Jahanne - Dismisses entangle. Finishes summon: Unicorn (U). She then transforms into a brown bear. Moves 40" west. (PHew!)
Gundrun - double move to move 40" west through the forest.
Unicorn - Activates "detect evil" and moves to the edge of the forest.
Crocodile attack vs G7: (1d20+15)[35] Hit!
Crit confirmation on the crocodile's bite: (1d20+13)[16] Miss.
Damage: (2d8+14)[20] Dmg
G7 takes 20 damage. G7 is badly wounded!
Opposed grapple: (1d20+23)[24] Critical Fail!
In a heroic feat worthy of the late Stephen Irwin, G7 wrestles the crocodile to the ground, pinning it!
Hippogriff 1 full attack vs G5:
Claw 1: Attack (1d20+10)[17] Miss.
Claw 2: Attack (1d20+10)[26] Hit! Damage (1d4+6)[9]
Bite: Attack (1d20+5)[23] Hit! Damage (1d8+3)[4]
G5 takes 13 damage. G5 is wounded!
Hippogriff 2 full attack vs G5:
Claw 1: Attack (1d20+10)[19] Hit! Damage (1d4+6)[10]
Claw 2: Attack (1d20+10)[11] Miss! Damage (1d4+6)[7]
Bite: Attack (1d20+5)[22] Hit! Damage (1d8+3)[7]
G5 takes 17 damage. G5 is almost dead!

End of Round Eight.

Turn order for Round Nine:

Kemble
Boss
G6
G7
G5
G8
Aidan
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-02-18, 02:06 AM
Jahannne

The crocodile and hippogriffs continue to attack the guards. The unicorn continues to move towards camp, scanning for evil as it goes. If it finds any blips, it shouts out what it finds in Sylvan.

Gudrun and Jahanne angle north in order to charge the guard, roaring their defiance as they do so.

Charge specifies that it needs to end with a melee attack action. Tripping, Disarming, Grappling...these are all described as melee attack actions.

When G7 charged the croc, he would have passed through a square 10' away from it that it threatened, and drawn an attack of opportunity:
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] Opposed grapple [roll2] If this is successful, it might change his action last round. The croc would have attacked him on its turn, potentially killing G7. HILARIOUS Steve Irwin reference, though. RIP.

Regardless, the croc will attack one of the guards this round:
Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] Opposed grapple [roll5]

Hippogriff 1 attacks one of the guards:
Claw 1: Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7]
Claw 2: Attack [roll8] Damage [roll9]
Bite: Attack [roll10] Damage [roll11]

Hippogriff 2 attacks one of the guards:
Claw 1: Attack [roll12] Damage [roll13]
Claw 2: Attack [roll14] Damage [roll15]
Bite: Attack [roll16] Damage [roll17]

Gudrun moves on a diagonal 10' north and 10' west to charge and attack G8.
Claw: [roll18] Damage [roll19] Auto-attempt on grapple if the hit succeeds: [roll20]

Jahanne moves on a slightly different diagonal, NOT charging, but moving into position west of Gudrun. With the hippogriffs, she is now flanking G8, and her attack reflects this:
Claw: [roll21] Damage [roll22] Auto-atempt to grapple if the hit succeeds: [roll23]

If Gudrun has already grabbed the guard, he loses his dex and dodge bonuses against Jahanne's attack.

Jahanne's trying to hear any sign of invisible creatures, and listening for spellcasting: Listen [roll24] Spot [roll25]

Toliudar
2010-02-18, 02:11 AM
Crit confirmations:

Hippogriff 1 Claw 1: Attack [roll0] Extra damage if successful [roll1]

Gudrun claw: Attack [roll2] Extra damage if successful [roll3]

And I might as well throw in Listen and spot checks for the Unicorn as it moves forward: [roll4] [roll5]

Ellisande
2010-02-18, 01:12 PM
Ellisande - my understanding of 'charge' was that you couldn't stop short. In fact, I didn't think you could do a trip attack on the charge either. Would need a more experienced player to verify. +10 for Str does sound right, though.

I didn't think I was stopping short, but hitting him as soon as I got into range. You can tell I've never used a reach weapon much before! Still, I'm not bothered--just make sure I know how you want these abilities to work--should I avoid tripping on a charge again then?

Ilrien

Taking a short step into his range, the young scion rains a hail of blows down on his foe.

Ilrien takes whatever 5-foot step is necessary for getting his range, and launches a full attack on his foe. He receives an extra attack from Whirling Frenzy; all attacks (including any AOOs he receives) are at -2. He'll still be aiming to trip (until successful), and still PAing (for -3/+6).

(Touch) Trip Attack (1): [roll0]
STR Check: [roll1]
(Touch) Trip Attack (2): [roll2]
STR Check: [roll3]
(Touch) Trip Attack (WF): [roll4]
STR Check: [roll5]

Bonus Attack 1: [roll6]
Bonus Damage 1: [roll7]
Bonus Attack 2: [roll8]
Bonus Damage 2: [roll9]
Bonus Attack WF: [roll10]
Bonus Damage WF: [roll11]

Tyreus
2010-02-18, 11:42 PM
Kemble waits for Ilrien to attack before unleashing a flurry of daggers at the unsuspecting and distracted guard.

Attacks: If Ilrien succeeds in tripping the guard then a +4? bonus for the guard being prone as well.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3] + [roll4] +2*
[roll5] + [roll6] +2*
[roll7] + [roll8] +2*
*favored enemy (humans)

Tyreus
2010-02-18, 11:46 PM
Crit confirmation: [roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] +2
I don't think the sneak attack damage is added but I figured I'd throw it in there just in case.

Cespenar
2010-02-19, 01:55 AM
Ralen

Ralen moves closer to the battle in a cautious manner, still not believing that's all the reinforcements they could have sent.

Move 15' west, total defense for +4 AC.

Zjackrum
2010-02-20, 03:37 PM
Retroactive from last round - When G7 charged the croc, he would have passed through a square 10' away from it that it threatened, and drawn an attack of opportunity:
Attack: (1d20+15)[27] Hit. Damage: (2d8+14)[20]
In combination to other damage G7 received last round, G7 dies.

Round Nine

Kemble - Delay until after Illrien.
Boss - No action you can see. Yells,
"Take Heart! Reenforcements are coming!"
Listen check Ralen - the voice is coming somewhere from the northwest.
Listen check Jahanne - the voice is coming somewhere from the north.
New enemy! Bone Devil (Osyluth)

Size/Type: Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 10d8+50 (95 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 25 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +11 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+19
Attack: Bite +14 melee (1d8+5)
Full Attack: Bite +14 melee (1d8+5) and 2 claws +12 melee (1d4+2) and sting +12 melee (3d4+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, fear aura, poison, summon devil
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire and poison, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, see in darkness, spell resistance 21, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +11
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 21, Con 21, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +15, Concentration +18, Diplomacy +6, Disguise +2 (+4 acting), Hide +14, Intimidate +17, Knowledge (any one) +15, Listen +17, Move Silently +18, Search +15, Sense Motive +15, Spot +17, Survival +2 (+4 following tracks)
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Multiattack
Environment: A lawful evil-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary, team (2-4), or squad (6-10)
Challenge Rating: 9
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: 11-20 HD (Large); 21-30 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

BD - Roaring into combat, the bone devil charges the crocodile.
1d20+14 → [16,14] = (30) Hit.
1d8+5 → [7,5] = (12) Dmg.
Croc takes 12 damage.
G6 full attack on Illrien.
1d20+8 → [20,8] = (28) Critical hit! (Maybe)
1d20+8 → [5,8] = (13) No critical hit.
1d8+3 → [5,3] = (8)
1d20+3 → [14,3] = (17) Hit.
1d8+3 → [2,3] = (5)
Illrien takes 13 damage. (Unadjusted)
G5 - full attack on H1.
1d20+8 → [11,8] = (19) Hit.
1d8+3 → [6,3] = (9) Dmg
1d20+3 → [3,3] = (6) Miss.
G8 - full attack on H1.
1d20+8 → [6,8] = (14) Miss.
1d20+3 → [16,3] = (19) Hit.
1d8+3 → [4,3] = (7)
H1 takes combined 16 damage. H1 dies.
Aidan
Ralen - Move 15" west. Full defence +4 AC.
Illrien - Attacks G6.
(Touch) Trip Attack (1): (1d20+9)[20] Hit.
STR Check: (1d20+10)[25]
VS 1d20+3 → [9,3] = (12)
G6 is tripped.
Bonus Attack 2: (1d20+4)+4[12] Miss.
Bonus Attack WF: (1d20+9)+4[17] Miss.
Kemble - Throws daggers at G6. -4 Due to being prone, not +4.
(1d20+9)-4[13] Miss.
(1d20+9)-4[22] Hit. Dmg (1d3+3)[5] + (4d6)[12] +2* =19.
(1d20+9)-4[24] Hit. Dmg (1d3+3)[6] + (4d6)[10] +2* =18.
G6 dies.
Jahanne -
The unicorn runs into the enemy camp. It yells out something in Sylvan. Spoiler for if you understand Sylvan.

"The camp is clear! No humans or anything evil!"

Croc will attack one of the guards this round - picked G5.
Attack: (1d20+15)[34] Hit. Damage: (2d8+14)[18] Dmg.
Opposed grapple (1d20+23)[43] Unbeatable.
G5 takes 18 damage. G5 dies.
Hippogriff 2 attacks one of the guards - only G8 is left.
Claw 1: Attack (1d20+10)[21] Hit. Damage (1d4+6)[8]
Claw 2: Attack (1d20+10)[13] Miss.
Bite: Attack (1d20+5)[9] Miss.
G8 takes 8 damage. G8 is wounded.
Gudrun moves on a diagonal 10' north and 10' west to charge and attack G8.
Claw: (1d20+14)[34] Hit.
Attack (1d20+14)[25] Critical Hit confirmed.
Damage (1d8+9)[12]
Extra damage if successful (1d8+9)[12]
G8 takes 24 damage. G8 is almost dead!
Auto-attempt on grapple if the hit succeeds: (1d20+16)[25]
Str check - 1d20+3 → [17,3] = (20) Failed.
Gundrun grapples G8.
Jahanne moves on a slightly different diagonal, NOT charging, but moving into position west of Gudrun. With the hippogriffs, she is now flanking G8, and her attack reflects this:
Claw: (1d20+16)[30] Hit. Damage (1d20+9)[10] Dmg.
G8 dies.

End of Round Nine.

Turn order for Round Ten:

Kemble
Boss
Aidan
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Tyreus
2010-02-20, 04:55 PM
Any excitement Kemble feels after the guard dies evaporates when he sees the devil. Against his better judgment he moves in the direction of the powerful creature.

Move 20 ft north. This doesn't look good. :smalleek:

Ellisande
2010-02-20, 05:22 PM
G6 full attack on Illrien.
1d20+8 → [20,8] = (28) Critical hit! (Maybe)
1d20+8 → [5,8] = (13) No critical hit.
1d8+3 → [5,3] = (8)
1d20+3 → [14,3] = (17) Hit.
1d8+3 → [2,3] = (5)
Illrien takes 13 damage. (Unadjusted)

OOC: Ilrien's AC is 19 right now from Whirling Frenzy. Does that second shot still hit him? (Action withheld pending a ruling.)

Toliudar
2010-02-20, 06:57 PM
Jahanne

The Jahanne-bear rumbles with concern at the appearance of the bone devil. Takes one to know one, and this was clearly a powerful summoner they faced.

The crocodile, undeterred, attempts to grab the bone-fiend and turn it into a chew toy. The hippogriff flies in above, charging the new opponent.

Gudrun and Jahanne move north, shifting west to stay out of the bone-thing's immediate reach.

Thanks, Zjackrum. A complex and interesting fight. Holy cow!

Just a reminder that the croc is actually occupying a 15'x15' space, and large creatures a 10x10 space. Your call if you want to go with this.

Croc attack on the Bone Devil: [roll0] Damage [roll1] Opposed grapple check [roll2]

If the croc attack fails to grapple the devil, it will get an AoO against the hippogriff as it charges him:
Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]

Gudrun and Jahanne are moving 10' west and 30' north (unless they think they've stumbled across the spellcaster before then). Both are then listening and sniffing, to see if they can determine the direction of any movement or spellcasting. DC for hearing the spellcasting, unless it's a silent spell, is 0 + 1 per 10' of distance. The scent ability is as follows:

A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Listen: [roll5] Spot, if I'm very close, is [roll6]

If Jahanne is able to triangulate (either from listening or scent) what she believes to be a square where the caster is, she will cast faerie fire, centred on the space she thinks.

If she is able to get a general sense of direction but not a precise spot, she will instead cast Call Lightning and target the square that's her best guess with the bolt. Damage [roll7] electricity, Reflex save DC 17 for half.

If Jahanne has not even a guess of where the summoner is, she will instead cast Speak with Animals. She then calls out (if the hippogriff is still alive) "Hippogriff! Leave the bone thing. Come over here and look for something invisible."

Zjackrum
2010-02-20, 08:34 PM
Whoops. Disregard the extra 5 dmg then Ellisande.

Cespenar
2010-02-21, 05:27 AM
Ralen

His face showing first utter surprise, and then grim realization, Ralen curses at his luck as he goes over the arcane arsenal in his head. Seeing that he lacks any spell to specifically deal with such threats, he pulls out an "old reliable" and casts it.

Glitterdust on the Bone Devil. DC 17 or blinded. Seeing its Will save, I only have a %25 chance, it seems.

Ellisande
2010-02-21, 02:25 PM
Ilrien

The bladesman glances around for another foe, his blood dripping slowly onto the haft of his spear. He takes a half-step towards the sounds of fighting, momentarily intent on joining them before he realizes the toll the fight has taken on him.

Ilrien's frenzy will finish at the end of this round, by my count (lt lasts 5 rounds total). Thereafter, he'll be winded.

Does anyone have the time and inclination to heal him up? Is his help going to push the fight into the victory column? Or should he stand down and not take risks?

If nobody thinks he should join the fight directly, he'll retrace his steps and retrieve his greatsword. If they do... I'll reassess.

Toliudar
2010-02-21, 03:32 PM
Sorry - didn't really how badly hurt you were. Jahanne can't even see Ilrien right now, so doesn't know how how badly he's off. If Ilrien would care to jog up the road to the camp, and is able to either convince the unicorn to help him or convey his need to Jahanne somehow (shouting?), the unicorn could trot over and provide a Cure Moderate Wounds. Just a thought.

Ellisande
2010-02-21, 11:51 PM
OOC: No worries--he's been doing fine (if of limited effectiveness), but has just about run low... and getting Jahanne's attention--if she can spare it--shouldn't be too hard.

Ilrien

With a deep breath, Ilrien moves north towards the sounds of the fighting, stopping as his allies come into view through the dense forest. He greets the dwarf with a wry smile. "More of a handful than I expected back there..." He looks down at a gash along his side. Not knowing about the sorceror's fall, he continues. "...Things have gone more smoothly in the woods?"

Zjackrum
2010-02-22, 09:43 PM
OOC: I adjusted the map slightly to the west and the north, to accommodate a bit more space. Sorry for the 2d vertigo.

Round Ten
Kemble - Move 20" north.
BD - Full attack on Croc.
1d20+14 → [12,14] = (26) Hit!
1d8+5 → [6,5] = (11) dmg
1d20+12 → [20,12] = (32) Critical threat!
1d20+12 → [16,12] = (28) Critical hit confirmed!
1d4+2 → [4,2]*2 = (12) dmg
1d20+12 → [19,12] = (31) Hit!
1d4+2 → [4,2] = (6) dmg
1d20+12 → [15,12] = (27) Hit!
3d4+2 → [4,4,3,2] = (13) Poison damage.
Croc takes 42 damage! Croc is almost dead!
Ralen - casts Glitterdust on BD. Will save DC 17 or be blind.
1d20+11 → [9,11] = (20) Resisted!
Illrien - DM - You didn't specify exactly how far to move north, so I moved you adjacent to Jahanne.
Jahanne -
Croc attack on the Bone Devil: (1d20+15)[31] Hit.
Damage (2d8+14)-10[12]
Opposed grapple check (1d20+23)[41] vs 1d20+19 → [8,19] = (27) Success!
Croc grapples the Bone Devil.
H1 charges BD.
Attack: (1d20+10)[27] Hit. Damage: (1d4+6)-10[0] The Hippogriff fails to inflict any damage.
Jahannes & Gundrun move 10" west, 30" north. Scent: Jahanne triangulates the area where the Boss is hiding.
Cast faerie fire, centred on the space she thinks.
Boss (B) is outlined in faerie fire!
Delayed Action Boss - Boss begins casting an unknown spell.

Listen Check DC 10

Voices emanate from the west. One commanding voice shouts,
"They're fighting to the east! To arms men!"

End of Round Ten.

Turn order for Round Eleven:

Kemble
Boss
Aidan
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-02-23, 04:24 AM
Jahanne

Roaring in triumph - and to alert her companions, Jahanne animal-speaks: "Hippogriff! Leave the bone-thing alone. Fly up and over towards me, and on past me to the glowing ****-head."

The crocodile clamps on to hold the devil as best it can.

Jahanne and Gudrun dart around whatever bit of nastiness the summoner might be conjuring up, in order to attack him.

Ellisande, Jahanne is currently in bear form and can't respond. Sorry.

If the Bone devil is no longer grappled by the croc, Jahanne will also tell the hippogriff NOT to attack the summoner. In that way, it's movement away from the bone devil and towards the summoner should be a withdraw action, and won't draw attacks of opportunity.

I think that the crocodile is down to 19 hit points.
Croc opposed grapple, if the devil tries to break free: [roll0]
Croc opposed grapple, to damage the devil on its turn: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]

Hippogriff, attacking the boss ONLY if it can avoid attacks of opportunity in doing so. Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]

Gudrun and Jahanne will move around anything that the boss summons in order to reach him this round. If it's possible, they'll give whatever it is a wide enough berth to avoid attacks of opportunity, they will, but the priority is to get to the boss with 40' of movement. This will get Gudrun adjacent to the boss, and will get Jahanne next to him in time to make a single attack. If it's possible for both of them to make a straight-line movement ending adjacent to the boss, both will make a charge attack.

Gudrun: Attack (+2 if charging): [roll5] Damage: [roll6] Opposed check to start grapple, if hit successful [roll7]
Jahanne: Attack (+2 if charging): [roll8] Damage: [roll9] Opposed check to start (or join) grapple, if hit successful [roll10]

Just in case: Listen and Spot, Jahanne: [roll11] [roll12]
Listen and Spot, Gudrun: [roll13] [roll14]

If Gudrun/Jahanne lose track of the summoner as a target...well, since they're last, any chance you could process the round without all this and just have her go first next round?

If there are voices to the west, is the unicorn reporting anything more from where it is?

Cespenar
2010-02-23, 11:07 AM
Ralen

"Great work!" Ralen calls, his tone dripping with hope, as the summoner is revealed through the druid's magic. He reaches into his backpack, brings out a sickly old-looking rat and holds it gently with one of his hand while pointing the other one at the mage. After a short incantation, an array of white sparks shoots forth, racing towards the outlined spellcaster. Ralen looks expectantly at the rat as soon as his spell ends.

Cast Magic Missile at the mage.

[roll0]

Zjackrum
2010-02-23, 01:09 PM
OOC: To anyone with ranged attacks - keep in mind the forest increasingly blocks line of sight based on range. Anything within 30" is no problem, but at greater ranges, there is (or should be) increasing culmative percentage to hit trees or other obstacles in the landscape - originally set at 10% per 5" square, unless this seems too high, we could do 7.5% or 5% per 5" square. Open to opinions.

As an example, Cespanar - if Ralen casts magic missile at the boss from his current range, he would have a 50% chance to miss based on distance through the forest.

Cespenar
2010-02-23, 02:17 PM
OOC: Magic Missile is one of the very few spells in D&D that actually goes out on a limb and say that their projectiles "strike unerringly, even passing cover and concealment (unless total)". I would totally have it your way if this was a spell that requires an attack roll, such as Scorching Ray or something like that, though.

Zjackrum
2010-02-23, 05:52 PM
*Chin*

Ok we'll let it go for magic missile. We'll do it case-by-case for other spells.

Ellisande
2010-02-23, 10:44 PM
Toliudar, no worries, that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Go smite the enemies before us!

Ilrien

Seeing the demon through the trees, the worn-out fencer changes his course once more, pulling himself back well out of reach of the summoned beast.

He'll move back towards Ralen, say 10' below. Safety in numbers, after all. ~_^

I feel so useless right this minute!

Tyreus
2010-02-24, 10:53 AM
Kemble hears the voices coming from the west and heads in that direction, preparing to spring an ambush.

Auto success on the listen check. Move 20 ft west and hide. Hold action to attack an enemy when they're spotted.

Zjackrum
2010-02-24, 09:44 PM
Round Eleven

For anyone who understands Sylvan

The unicorn yells, "I don't see anything!"
After a pause, it yells again, "I am under attack!"

Kemble - moves 20" west and hides.
Boss - "Bah! Protect me, foolish beast!"
cast fireball on BD.
BD - immune to fire damage.
Croc - 10d6 → [4,3,1,4,3,3,4,2,6,5] = (35) fire damage!
1d20+6 reflex DC 17 for half damage - 1d20+6 → [2,6] = (8) Fail!
Croc dies.
H2 - 10d6 → [1,2,3,5,1,6,2,5,2,5] = (32) fire damage!
1d20+5 reflex DC 17 for half damage - 1d20+5 → [10,5] = (15) Fail!
H2 dies.
BD - The bone devil, roaring at the command from it's master, interposes itself between it and Jahanne. It attacks Gundrun.
1d20+14 → [19,14] = (33) Hit!
1d8+5 → [6,5] = (11) Dmg
Gundrun takes 11 damage.
Ralen - cast magic missile at Boss.
(4d4+4)[11]
The missiles slam into Boss, dealing 0 damage.
Boss yells, "Parlour tricks!"
Damok casts acid arrow at Boss.
1d2 → [1] = (1) - 50% chance to miss due to range through the forest.
The acid arrows flies towards the target, but strikes a random tree and dissipates.
Illrien - moves to 10" south of Ralen.
Jahanne - DM Tol - you could get in range by moving 40" to attack the boss, but Gundrun is sort of stuck. Let me know what you want to do and we'll add it or have u go twice next round.

End of Round Eleven.

Turn order for Round Twelve:

Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Tyreus
2010-02-26, 09:44 AM
Not seeing any immediate threat from the west, Kemble makes his way 20 ft north to help with the wizard and his pet.

Toliudar
2010-02-26, 10:36 AM
Jahanne/Gudrun, round 11

Jahanne charge around the devil, braving its massive scythe, in order to attack the reason for it being there in the first place.

I'm okay to maintain the actions as outlined last round. Jahanne will move around the Bone devil to the south, drawing an attack of opportunity (her current AC is 18), and end her action directly south of the boss in time to make her single attack. Gudrun will charge directly to the square southeast of the boss (drawing an attack of opportunity from the bone devil, if it has combat reflexes), but will not be able to make an attack this/last round.

Toliudar
2010-02-26, 10:58 AM
Jahanne/Gudrun, Round 12

Having grabbed the summoner, Jahanne and Gudrun do their best to keep hold of him and tear him to jerky.

I'm assuming that the hit and opposed grapple check from last round worked - if not, let me know and I'll repost.

Jahanne: Opposed grapple checks. The first successful grapple check will be used to pin the boss, most emphatically using the option of preventing him from speaking. Any remaining successful grapple checks will be used to damage him:

Grapple Claw 1: [roll0] (forgot to factor in bull's strength last time)
Grapple Claw 2: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
Grapple Bite: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]

Gudrun will do a full attack action on the (grappled, and hopefully pinned) boss. Boss loses dex & dodge bonuses, if any. If the boss is successfully pinned, the attacks below are at +4.
Claw 1: Attack: [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Claw 2: Attack: [roll7] Damage [roll8]
Bite: Attack: [roll9] Damage: [roll10]

Assuming the grapple is in place Jahanne's AC is 17, and Gudrun's is 18.

Cespenar
2010-02-26, 12:43 PM
Ralen

His cheap shot blocked easily, Ralen can't help but grimace and try another "low" trick, something that wouldn't be foiled by a simple spell this time, however. He carries out the short incantation of the spell hastily, pointing his finger underneath the caster.

Move 15' nw and cast Grease under the mage, covering a 10'x10' square. I'm only barely in range, it seems like.

Ellisande
2010-02-26, 02:44 PM
Ilrien

Breathing heavily after his brief lapse into pure focus on the battle, Ilrien leans against the tree as the others fight on.

OOC: He's winded, though hopefully none of the reinforcements are close enough to make that an issue now.

Zjackrum
2010-02-27, 08:42 PM
Gave an extra day as people had not posted when I checked.

From Round Eleven:
Jahanne - Manouvers around BD to get to the Boss.
AoO - BD:
1d20+14 → [8,14] = (22) Hit.
1d8+5 → [4,5] = (9) dmg.
Jahanne takes 9 damage.
Jahanne charges Boss.
(1d20+14)[23] Hit. Damage: (1d8+9)[17]-10 = 7 damage.
Interrupt! - Boss > Contigency activated.
Contingency casts Dimensional Door.
Boss dissappears.

Round Twelve

Kemble - Moves 20" north.
BD - full attack on Jahanne.
1d20+14 → [9,14] = (23) Hit. dmg > 1d8+5 → [6,5] = (11)
1d20+10 → [10,10] = (20) Hit. dmg > 1d4+2 → [3,2] = (5)
1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20) Miss. dmg > 1d4+2 → [4,2] = (6)
1d20+6 → [3,6] = (9) Miss.
Jahanne takes 22 damage.
Ralen - Can't do action.
Illrien - Just relaxes.
Jahanne - Can't do action.

Cespanar + Tol >> Let me know what you want to do as your target is not visible and we'll retro it.

Toliudar
2010-02-27, 11:25 PM
Jahanne

Her target fled, the bear Jahanne sizes up her options against this fiendish monstrosity, and doesn't like their scantness. She gestures to Gudrun, and the two scamper north, deeper into the woods.

This action is contingent on me actually understanding the way visibility works in this forest - that is, things more distant than 25' have total concealment, and are effectively unseen.

If this is the case, Jahanne will double-move 80' north as a withdraw action and Gudrun will run 80' north as a full-round action.

Cespenar
2010-02-28, 07:24 AM
What's the general tactic on the bone devil? Do we fight or do we run?

Ralen

Ralen leaves the spell he was going to cast and squints hard at the ongoing situation between the druid and the devil. Being unsure of what to do, he prepares a spell in case the devil rushes in his direction.

Prepare an action to cast Grease if the devil runs at him.

Tyreus
2010-03-01, 10:51 AM
Kemble moves 20 ft east. We might have to, ah, retreat... The halfling thinks to himself.

Zjackrum
2010-03-01, 08:31 PM
Continuation from Round Twelve:

Ralen - Ready action to cast grease.
Jahanne runs 40" north.
Gundrun runs 40" north.
(OOC: Presumably you don't want to leave Gundrun, and even running, he can only move 40" due to the wilderness)

End of Round Twelve.

Turn Order for Round Thirteen:

Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

MASSIVE CHANGE TO THE MAP: To coordinate the size of the map, squares are now 10" each.

Zjackrum
2010-03-03, 07:01 PM
Umm... Did anyone want to post actions for Round Twelve?
I understand it may seem hopeless at the moment, but trust me, it's not.

Ellisande
2010-03-03, 08:09 PM
Sorry--I'm having trouble getting motivated to post "Ilrien cowers in terror". He's just hanging out until either the rest of the party gets his job done, or there's an even more immediate crisis.

Put "Healing potions or the like" on his shopping list!

Toliudar
2010-03-03, 08:58 PM
Jahanne

Jahanne will take a moment to nuzzle Gudrun, calling on the healing power of Dumathoin to undo some of the damage done by the devil.

Unless they hear or see signs of pursuit, Jahanne and Gudrun turn eastward and move as best they can through the dense underbrush.

Jahanne is casting Cure Light Wounds on Gudrun - [roll0].

Ah, sorry, Zjackrum. I didn't realize that the woods prevented running. My bad. In that case, 40' per round is just fine.

Listen: [roll1] [roll2]
Spot: [roll3] [roll4]

Cespenar
2010-03-04, 01:31 AM
Ralen

Whatever their main strategy is, Ralen is almost sure that it's not engaging the devil. With that, he tries to blend into the shadows, waiting for either their assault team to show themselves (Jahanne & Gudrun), or something different to happen.

Move 15' east. [roll0]

Zjackrum
2010-03-04, 08:36 PM
Round Thirteen

Kemble - Moves 20" east.
BD - Running after it's prey, the bone devil runs 40" to the north.
Ralen - moves 15" east and hides.
Illrien - cowers in fear (doing nothing)
Jahanne - Casts CLW on Gundrun > (1d8+5)[6] healed.

For Jahanne

You catch the scent of the wizard. He's somewhere west of your position.

OOC: I didn't add a move to Jahanne's action - did you want to move?

For anyone who can understand Sylvan

The unicorn shouts,
"I'm on my way back! I encountered no enemies!"

End of Round Thirteen.

Turn order for round fourteen:
Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-05, 09:16 PM
Jahanne/Gudrun

Round 13 end

Jahanne and Gudrun glance back at the devil right on their tail. Crap. Can't risk leading it back to the others. She grunts an affirmative to Gudrun, and the two keep moving north. Again, Jahanne brushes against the other bear, and a bit more of the wound in his side disappears.

Round 14

Jahanne transforms back into her natural form and hop onto Gudrun's back. She yells out.

"Incoming from the west, folks!"

The bear continues to fight its way through the dense woods.

Assuming the devil continues to follow, they will continue to move 40' per round north. If it breaks off in round 14, they will instead move 40'.

In addition, in round 13, Jahanne casts Cure Light Wounds on Gudrun [roll0]

Tyreus
2010-03-06, 10:33 AM
Kemble hears Jahanne's shout and starts heading north west.

20 ft move north west. Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

Cespenar
2010-03-07, 11:21 AM
Ralen follows Kemble to the northwest, wondering what it is exactly that is coming from that direction.

15' nw, 15' w.

Ellisande
2010-03-07, 07:41 PM
Ilrien

Sighing, Ilrien gazed to the west, wondering what might come. Resigned, he steps slowly after Ralen.

Zjackrum
2010-03-07, 10:49 PM
Retro from round 13 - Jahanne and Gundrun both run 40" north.

Round Fourteen

Kemble - moves 20" northwest.
Boss - No action you can see.
BD - chases Jahanne and Gundrun 40" north.
Ralen - moves 15" northwest, 15" west.
Illrien - follows Ralen.
Jahanne - jumps on Gundrun. They both move 40" north.

Turn order for round fifteen:
Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Tyreus
2010-03-08, 12:43 PM
Kemble continues along his path searching for the wizard.

Toliudar
2010-03-08, 12:57 PM
Jahanne

Urging Gudrun onwards to the north, Jahanne grimaces at the stalemate with the devil, is at least pleased to have drawn it away from some of her less-mobile companions. She pulls a wand out of her backpack and taps herself with it.

Gudrun continues another 40' north. Jahanne takes a move action to pull out her wand of Cure Light Wounds to heal herself for [roll0] points of damage.

Cespenar
2010-03-08, 05:02 PM
Ralen

Getting tired of wrestling with the horrible undergrowth, Ralen invokes a quick spell in an attempt to quicken things. When his incantation is finished, Ralen miraculously rises up to the air and zooms to the west in a sudden rush of air. He cups his hands to his mouth on the way, yelling at the druid with all his might.

"Do you have any plans?!"

Cast Fly, move 60' nw.

Zjackrum
2010-03-09, 11:37 PM
Round Fifteen

Kemble - moves 20" northwest.
Listen check - You hear movement from the northwest, though you can see nothing through the thick cover of the underbrush.
Boss - No action you can see.
BD - still charging after Jahanne, the bone devil continues running north.
Ralen - Casts fly. Moves 60" northwest.
Illrien (DM) - Not wanting to leave his friends behind, Illrien follows to the northwest, slowly and quietly.
Jahanne - J & G move another 40" north. J uses wand of CLW on herself for (1d8+1)[9] points of damage.

End of Round Fifteen.

Turn order for round sixteen:
Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-10, 12:40 AM
Jahanne

Gudrun continues to plow north through the dense forest.

Jahanne shouts out at the top of her lungs in Sylvan.

"Hey, Unicorn! Head in the direction of my voice. If you see a guy glowing with faerie fire, you can attack him, but don't attack anything else. If you don't see him, just keep running towards the sound of the eagle's cry!"

For a moment Jahanne sets the wand down on Gudrun's broad back. Calling up the spirits of the bird-people, she shrank down into the form of the grey eagle. Eagerly, she snatched up the wand in one talon. The other talons remain firmly clenching the bear's thick fur.

Gudrun runs 40' north. Jahanne sets down the wand, takes a standard action to turn into an eagle (regaining 7hp), and picks up the wand again.

Ellisande
2010-03-11, 01:44 AM
Ilrien

Ilrien stalks through the jungle after his compatriots, keeping an eye open for the predicted foes.

Cespenar
2010-03-11, 10:54 AM
Ralen

Coming down to his last spells, Ralen pulls a reckless one and casts a spell, this time changing his form into a brown bear. Then he carefully approaches the wizard, flying low to avoid being seen.

Casting Polymorph and moving 30' nw, hiding while doing so. He probably gets some bonuses to hide or outright concealment, out of sight things, etc. but I'm going to roll anyway.

[roll0]

Zjackrum
2010-03-12, 07:59 PM
Round Sixteen

Kemble - (DM) Kemble sneaks 20" northwest.
Boss - No Action that you can see.
BD - Continues chasing Jahanne. 40" north.
Ralen - Polymorph into a brown bear, moves 30" northwest.
Boss is visible!
Illrien - (Assuming "stalk" means moves slowly and quietly) Moves 20" northwest.
Jahanne - Transforms into an eagle.
Gundrun - runs 40" north.
Unicorn - charges Boss.
1d20+11 → [2,11] = (13) Hit.
1d8+10 → [5,8]-10 = (5) Dmg.
Unicorn deals 5 damage to Boss.
Unicorn yells in Sylvan:

"I have engaged an enemy!"

End of Round Sixteen.

Turn order for round seventeen:
Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-13, 06:46 PM
Jahanne

Using her Speak with Animals, Jahanne converses with Gudrun:

"Soon, the bone-thing will vanish. Until then, keep running north away from it, then turn around and run back. Roar if you need my help. Keep safe, friend."

Jahanne launches herself upwards and westward, turning towards the sound of the Unicorn's call. In the meantime, Gudrun continues to plow north at top speed, and the unicorn lunges again at the Boss, and then vanishes.

Jahanne, with a double move, should be able to move to a point 40' north of the Boss and 40' up.

Gudrun moves 40' north.

The Unicorn full-attacks the boss.
Horn attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Hoof 1 attack: [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Hoof 2 attack: [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Sadly, I think that this is the last round the unicorn is around, so it would disappear as soon as it finishes attacking.

Tyreus
2010-03-13, 10:48 PM
Kemble continues moving north towards the boss.

Cespenar
2010-03-14, 11:48 AM
Ralen

The bear charges at the mage as well, with a mighty claw swipe at the end that threatens to bring the fight to a very close range.

Charge.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If it hits, free grapple attempt.

[roll2]

Ellisande
2010-03-14, 09:10 PM
Ilrien

OOC: I didn't mean to go markedly slower than the others, but I guess he'll get there when he gets there.

Ilrien continues moving north along with his companions.

If you're retconning, he'll move in to flank with... whoever is there in front of him... the unicorn? (At a range of 10', because he still has a reach weapon.) If not, he moves generally NNW, so that he can move in to flank with someone next round.

Zjackrum
2010-03-14, 10:15 PM
Note - Shifted the map north again. Hopefully won't have to do it again.

Round Seventeen

Kemble - Moves 20" north.
Boss - yells, "Foolish Beast! I am under attack!"
Boss casts defensively Summon Monster IV. 1d20+11 vs DC 19
1d20+11 → [10,11] = (21) Success.
Summons 1d3 → [3] = (3) HellHounds. (H1, H2, H3)
BD - Chases after Gundrun 40" north.
Ralen - Charges B.
AoO from H1:
1d20+5 → [18,5] = (23) Hit!
Dmg - 1d8+1 → [4,1] = (5) + 1d6 → [3] = (3) = 8 damage.
Ralen takes 8 damage from H1.
Attack - (1d20+13)[24] Hit. Damage - (1d8+10)-10[2] Damage.
B takes 2 damage.
GrappleCheck - (1d20+16)[33] Success.
Ralen grapples the wizard.
Illrien (DM) - Moves 40" northwest.
Jahanne - Flies southwest to current position.
Gundrun runs 40" north.
Unicorn vanishes.

Turn order for round eighteen:
Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-14, 10:54 PM
Jahanne

The bird-ish dwarf dives down and lands in one of the treetops. She begins squawking. Gudrun continues to run away from the devil.

Jahanne lands in one of the trees and starts casting Call Lightning. Gudrun runs 40' north, unless the devil is no longer chasing him - if it turns around, Gudrun will stop and make sure it's not going to change it's mind.

Tyreus
2010-03-15, 11:20 AM
If Kemble can use a 5ft step NE and get a full attack off on the boss then he will, otherwise he'll move 20ft in a NE direction and prepare to attack next round.

Attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]
[roll5] + [roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

Ellisande
2010-03-15, 01:04 PM
OOC: Is that map correct? I'm reading Ralen as being in a grapple with B according to the turn log, but he's not adjacent on the map.

Ilrien

Ilrien continues closing alongside his companions.

Same as last turn; get 10' away from the boss to threaten, in flanking position with someone if possible.

Cespenar
2010-03-15, 04:37 PM
Ralen

The bear does its best to overpower the mage, thinking little else for the moment.

First, I think Damok's Stoneskin is still active on Ralen (it's duration is 10 min./level), so that damage from the hell hound should probably be reduced.

As for his attacks, Ralen uses his two claw attacks as normal and attempts a pin with his bite attack. The normal attacks receive -4 for being in a grapple.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]

If it succeeds, the mage is immobile. It can not only not use his dexterity mod. for his AC but receive a further -4 AC for attacks made by anyone other than his grappler.

Ralen's AC is 22 against anyone else. HP 47/47, DR 10/adamantine

Zjackrum
2010-03-15, 06:41 PM
Edit: Yeah forgot to move the "R" on the map.
Second Edit : Yeah Cesp I forgot about your stoneskin. I think you still suffer full damage from the HH's 1d6 fire damage, but the 1d8+1 should bounce off your stoneskin. (Confirm?)

Round Eighteen:

Kemble - Moves 20" northeast.
Note: You could move 5" and attack, but the chance to hit would be <50% due to the trees.
Boss - Defensively cast Polymorph on self.
1d20+11 vs DC 24
1d20+11 → [12,11] = (23) failed!
BD - casts greater teleport. Teleports to new location.
BD mutters in Infernal:

HEY YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND INFERNAL! :|

Defending their master, all the hellhounds attack Ralen. - 1d20+5 vs AC 22.
H1:
1d20+5 → [12,5] = (17) Miss!
H2:
1d20+5;1d8+1;1d6 → [9,5] = (14) Miss!
H3:
1d20+5;1d8+1;1d6 → [13,5] = (18) Miss!
Ralen - Bear-Ralen assaults the grappled wizard.
Claw1Attack - (1d20+7)[9] Miss!
Claw2Attack - (1d20+7)[25] Hit!
Claw2Damage - (1d8+8)-10[3] Damage.
Ralen does 3 damage to Boss.
Grapple - (1d20+16)[33] Success. Boss is pinned.
Damok casts Protection from Fire on Ralen.
Illrien - Moves 40" north. Remember the squares are 10" each, so you're 10" away from H1.
Jahanne - Jahanne begins casting Call Lightning.
Gundrun - Seeing the BD gone, Gundrun runs 40" southwest back to the fight.

Turn order for round nineteen:
Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-15, 07:55 PM
Jahanne

Gudrun begins crashing through the trees towards Jahanne, who completes her squawking. Not wanting to hit Ralen, she sends the first bolt crashing down towards one of the summoned hell hounds. Jahanne launches herself back into the air, scanning for the devil's new location, and lands on another branch, closer to the battle in process.

I'm not sure that the boss can cast anything with somatic components if he's grappled, unless it was a stilled

Gudrun moves 40' towards Jahanne. Jahanne completes casting Call Lightning and zaps H1 (if it's still around - if not, one of the other hell hounds). Electricity damage [roll0], Reflex DC 18 for half. She then flies 30' south and lands again. She's trying to spot the bone devil.
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Ellisande
2010-03-16, 08:00 PM
This could go sour in a very big hurry...

Ilrien

Gritting his teeth, Ilrien braces himself and attacks.

Ilrien is WINDED, so his AC is only 16 from reduced Dexterity. I've factored in the diminished Strength to all rolls below.

Can he 5' in close enough to hit B (who, in a grapple, has no Dex bonus/is flatfooted)? If so, he does. If not, he'll unleash himself on the nearest Hellhound. (Power attack for -3/+6.) If they hit him... I hope someone helps him before he bleeds out. ^_^

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

It's surprisingly exciting to be back into the fray!

Edit: There's no chance of hitting Ralen as he uses a Melee weapon, right? If there is, forget that part regardless of range and go right for the Hellhound anyway.

Tyreus
2010-03-17, 10:13 AM
Kemble throws a few daggers at the pinned wizard, trying awfully hard not to hit the big angry bear.

Attacks:* [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll5] + [roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

*I didn't factor in any penalties for attacking a pinned opponent

And the worst rolls imaginable...

Zjackrum
2010-03-17, 09:39 PM
(Note - I think that only applies if your pinned? Regardless, didn't work)

Round nineteen

Kemble - throws a few daggers at the pinned wizard, trying awfully hard not to hit the big angry bear.
(1d20+9)[26] Hit. Damage: (1d3+4)[5] + (4d6)[6]-10 1
(1d20+9)[11] Miss.
(1d20+9)[10] Critical Miss! Hit's Ralen! Damage (1d3+4)[6] + (4d6)[11] -10 7
Boss takes 1 damage.
Ralen takes 7 damage.
Boss - Pinned. 1d20-1. Need natural 20 to break free.
1d20-1 → [15,-1] = (14) Fail. Pinned.
All the hellhounds attack Ralen. - 1d20+5 vs AC 22.
H1 1d20+5+2 → [6,5] = (11) Miss.
H2 1d20+5+2 → [13,5] = (18) Miss.
H3 1d20+5 → [20,5] = (25) Hit.
1d8+1 → [7,1]-10 = (0)
Immune to fire.
Ralen takes 0 damage from the Hellhounds.
Hulking over Ralen, the Bone Devil roars into battle.
1d20+16 → [14,16] = (30) > Hit. Dmg - 1d8+5-10 → [3,5,-10] = (0)
1d20+12 → [13,12] = (25) Hit. Dmg - 1d4+2-10 → [2,2,-10] = (0)
1d20+10 → [8,10] = (18) > Miss.
1d20+8 → [18,8] = (26) Hit. Dmg - 3d4+2 → [3,1,1,2] = (7)
(Note- I don't think stoneskin stops poison attacks)
Ralen takes 7 damage.
Ralen (DM) - Same as last round.
1d20+7 → [12,7] = (19) Hit.
1d8+8 → [8,8]-10 = (6) Dmg.
1d20+7 → [7,7] = (14) Hit.
1d8+8 → [8,8] -10= (6) Dmg.
Boss takes 12 damage. Boss is badly wounded!
Illrien - Full attack on H1.
Attack 1: (1d20+11)[26] Hit.
Damage 1: (2d4+11)[18] Dmg.
Attack 2: (1d20+6)[12] Miss.
H1 takes 18 damage. H1 is almost dead!
Jahanne - Finishes casting call lightning.
H1 - (3d6)[10], Reflex DC 18 for half. (H1 has <5 hit points anyways)
H1 dies.
J flies 30" south. Good news - you're now 20" away from the angry BoneDevil you were looking for.
Gundrun runs 40" southwest.

Turn order for round twenty:

Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-18, 12:40 AM
Jahanne

Jahanne squawks to Gudrun: "Good work, sweets. Now I need you to distract that fire-breathing puppy for a little while. Can you do that?"

Gudrun charges towards the hellhounds and takes a swipe at one.

Jahanne swoops around to the west and then angles down and east again, aiming for the broad bearish back of Ralen. Hmm. He's kind of cute in that shape. Tapping the bear with the wand in her talon, she does her best to help the wizard survive the devil's onslaught.

Gudrun charges Hell hound 3:
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Jahanne flies down to the space west and south of Ralen, and casts Cure Light Wounds on him from the wand [roll2]

Ellisande
2010-03-18, 01:57 PM
Ilrien

Keeping a wary eye on the rampaging devil, Ilrien steps forward to assist the wrestling bear.

Ilrien steps forward and attacks--NW to stay out of the range of the Bone Devil, if he can still reach his target. His primary target is B, but he'll go for one of the Hellhounds if the others finish that job first.

5' step if he can, if not, a move action followed by a single strike. PA for -5/+10.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Cespenar
2010-03-19, 01:43 AM
Ralen

Despite every instinct telling him against it, Ralen turns a blind eye at the enemies all around him, and focuses on the root of the problem.

First, damage reduction do prevent injury poisons. Besides, that damage isn't poison, it's only the tail sting damage, which is blocked anyway. So he doesn't receive the second 7 damage.

Injury: This poison must be delivered through a wound. If a creature has sufficient damage reduction to avoid taking any damage from the attack, the poison does not affect it.

Second, full attack on the wizzy.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

HP 43/47
Stoneskin is at 25/70, I believe.

Tyreus
2010-03-19, 09:06 AM
Kemble hesitates for a split second, then throws more daggers. I probably wont miss that badly again...
Attacks:* [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll5] + [roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

*I didn't factor in any penalties for attacking a pinned opponent

Tyreus
2010-03-19, 09:10 AM
Again some of Kemble's attacks are off target.

Oh crap... Should the dagger that hits Ralen get sneak attack damage since I'm not even aiming at him?

Anyways, crit confirmation for the third dagger: [roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Toliudar
2010-03-19, 09:15 AM
Tyreus:
But, to offset, that last one looks like a potential critical.

Zjackrum
2010-03-19, 06:55 PM
(Tyreus - Hey you play with fire...)
(Cesp - disregard poison damage then)

Round twenty

Kemble - 3 Daggers at the boss.
Attacks:* (1d20+9)[10] Critical Miss! Hit's Ralen!
Damage: (1d3+4)[6] + (4d6)[11]-10 = 1
(1d20+9)[11] Miss.
(1d20+9)[29] Critical Hit?
(1d20+9)[28] Crit confirmed!
Damage: (1d3+4)[6]*2 + (4d6)[12]-10 = 14
Boss takes 14 damage. Boss is almost dead!
Ralen takes 1 damage.
Boss - 1d20-1 to escape pin.
1d20-1 → [13,-1] = (12) Fail! Pinned.
BD - (Apparently I've been doing the attacks wrong. Fear the Bone Devil!)
1d20+16 → [4,16] = (20) > Miss.
1d20+14 → [14,14] = (28) Hit. Dmg - 1d4+2-10 → [2,2,-10] = (0)
1d20+14 → [19,14] = (33) > Hit. 1d4+2-10 → [2,2-10] = (0)
1d20+14 → [11,14] = (25) Hit. Dmg - 3d4+2-10 → [2,4,3,2-10] = (1)
1 Damage to Ralen.
H1: 1d20+7 → [3,7] = (10) Miss.
H2: 1d20+5 → [19,5] = (24) Hit.
1d8+1-10 → [6,1] = (0)
Ralen takes no damage.
Ralen:
Claw1 - (1d20+7)[27] Crit?
1d20+7 → [20,7] = (27) Critical hit!
Claw1 - (1d8+8)[14]*2 = 28-10 18
Claw2 - (1d20+7)[14] Hit.
Claw2 - (1d8+8)[12]-10 2
Bite - (1d20+2)[22] Crit?
1d20+2 → [2,2] = (4) D'nied
Bite - (2d6+4)[12]-10 = 2
Boss takes 22 damage from Ralen.
Boss whispers,
"No... I... Refuse... To..."
Boss - death.
Contingency - On death.
A small glowing bead appears above the wizard's head as he falls to the ground.
Illrien - moves 20" north west. Attacks H2.
Attack 1: (1d20+9)[11](20) Hit.
Damage 1: (2d4+15)[4][2](21) Dmg
H2 is almost dead!
Jahanne flies down to the space west and south of Ralen, and casts Cure Light Wounds on him from the wand (1d8+1)[3]
Ralen is healed 3 hp.
Gundrun charges H3:
Attack: (1d20+14)[27] Hit. Damage: (1d8+9)[13]
H3 is badly wounded!

End of round 20.

Turn order for round 21:

Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Cespenar
2010-03-20, 04:11 AM
Ralen

Feeling victorious for a moment (just a small moment), Ralen the Bear notices the bead appearing in synchronization with the mage's apparent death. The bear looks at its companions, turns his maw to the bead again, and growls a few, short times as if a dog pointing out... dangerous stuff. With that, the bear jumps up to the air and zooms away.

Withdraw as a full action to move 120' to the sky, with no AoOs. His Stoneskin just ended as well.

By the way, I realized I'm actually playing an intelligent flying bear at the moment.

Ellisande
2010-03-20, 10:56 AM
Ilrien

Ilrien, if drunk enough, might openly admit that he didn't know quite as much about the laws of magic as a proper wizard. Thus, tempted as he was to watch the mystic orb for a moment, decided to imitate Ralen.

Ilrien can't fly, but he'll take a good solid full move in the opposite direction of the corpse.

If a Hellhound or two chases him, he should get attacks of opportunity. Mostly because dicerolling is fun, I'll roll a couple of them here: (PA -4/+8)

AoO 1: [roll0]
Dam 1: [roll1]

AoO 2: [roll2]
Dam 2: [roll3]

Tyreus
2010-03-20, 11:14 AM
Kemble turns and books it in the other direction as well.

Toliudar
2010-03-20, 01:37 PM
Jahanne

This round's action is so dependent on what the little ball of light does, that I'm going to effectively delay until I'm the first one to act next round. Since Jahanne is currently the last one acting in a round, this shouldn't make too much difference.

Zjackrum
2010-03-21, 10:22 PM
Round 21

Kemble - Moves 40" southeast.
Boss
BD - full attack on Ralen. (AC26)
1d20+16 → [7,16] = (23) Miss.
1d20+14 → [2,14] = (16) Miss.
1d20+14 → [3,14] = (17) Miss.
1d20+14 → [6,14] = (20) Miss.
DM note - Just.... Wow.
H2&H3 also attack Ralen.
1d20+7 → [3,7] = (10) Miss.
1d20+5 → [14,5] = (19) Miss.
Ralen - flies 120" up.
Illrien - runs 40" west. (Off map)
Jahanne - Delayed. Double action next post.
The bead of light flashes a brilliant white, before exploding in a roar of destruction.
BD, H2 & H3 - immune to fire damage.
Jahanne - 1d20+1 → [14,1] = (15) reflex for half vs DC23. Fail!
Gundrun - 1d20+6 → [2,6] = (8) reflex for half vs DC23. Fail!
Jahanne - 20d6 → [1,5,5,3,6,2,5,5,6,6,5,1,2,4,5,2,4,2,5,5] = (79)
Gundrun - 20d6 → [1,5,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,6,3,5,4,5,2,2,4,4,3,3] = (63)
The blast incinerates everything within it's range to ash, leaving the wizard's summons intact. Those unfortunate enough to have been caught within it's range are charred almost beyond recognition.

End of Round 21.

Turn order for round 22:

Kemble
Boss
Ralen
Illrien
Jahanne

Toliudar
2010-03-22, 12:21 AM
Jahanne

As a blinding light presages her death, Jahanne is briefly urged to murmur: "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."

Tyreus
2010-03-22, 09:00 AM
Kemble keeps running away from the summoned fiends. With so many of their group dead the halfling decides it's time to go back to town.

Ellisande
2010-03-22, 11:44 AM
Ilrien

The bladesman squinted at the explosion, feeling very, very glad that he'd followed Ralen's example. A flurry of thoughts ranged through his head--Were mages like this normal for the occupiers? They were summoned creatures, so they should be disappearing soon. Were his other companions ok? What was the next step?

He squinted towards the sky, his eyes piercing the branches in an attempt to spy the wizard.

This isn't an action; it's a placeholder post, because he's looking to follow Ralen's example/rendezvous with the others.

Thinking a little ahead, towards getting back to the city, how bloody/mangled is he, after the fight? Is it immediately obvious?

Cespenar
2010-03-22, 05:15 PM
Ralen

The Ralen-bear dives down to a closer altitude and looks at his companions. Communication in this form wasn't easy. Jahanne would know about it. He throws a look at the area of explosion, still unbelieving how the druid didn't make the escape. He lets out a sigh, which in his form resembles more of a silent, hoarse roar. Then, still looking at his companions, he starts his play.

He points at them with a claw, points at the corpse of the late Aidan, lets out a brief growl, and points at the... what seems to be the horizon.

Then, he points at himself, points down at the charred remains of Jahanne, and again, points at the horizon. He waits for a moment to see their reaction.

Damn, communicating this way is fun. Or not.

By the way, Jahanne's death was... sudden, to say the least. But you really should have listened to the flying bear, Toliudar.

Toliudar
2010-03-22, 05:21 PM
ALWAYS listen to the intelligent flying bear! :smallwink:

Ellisande
2010-03-22, 05:44 PM
Ilrien

Ilrien squints, struggling to understand the bear--and having twice as much trouble given the fact that he hadn't yet heard of Aiden's passing. Still, the direction was clear. And, he thought in a detached way, he'd have to go back that way to retrieve his sword, anyway. "I'll take a look... in that direction." He called up at the bear. "Shall we rendezvous back where we parted ways with the priest?" It was farther than he wanted to walk, but was perhaps the only place he felt comfortable finding.

Assuming no dissent from the flying bear, Ilrien will circle south, avoiding the summons. He figures on retrieving his sword and giving a quick search of the bodies for anything of use.

Cespenar
2010-03-22, 06:34 PM
The bear does its best to nod at Ilrien.

Zjackrum
2010-03-23, 08:42 PM
(OOC: We could have you guys run away from the Bone Devil until he runs out of summon rounds, but that sort of seems like a waste of time since you more or less move at the same speed.)

The Bone Devil laughs in delight at the destruction the fireball caused. Muttering something in Infernal, he gently pets the two remaining hellhounds.
With a smug grin on his face, it glances once more at Jahanne, before vanishing with the hellhounds back to the infernal plane.

Conflict Resolved!

The wizard lies dead at your feet, or what is now left of him. With the bandit camp destroyed and all the soldiers at the road-block murdered, it seems as though Colonel Jorgan's mission has been successful.

The charred remains of Jahanne, now back in her natural dwarven form, lay in scattered major pieces strewn about the ground. The hulking carcass of Gundrun is nearby, though smoke rises from the remants of it's fur. The entire area stinks of ash, though it is a miracle in itself that the dry wood at this time of the season did not ignite into a massive forest fire.
At the center of the destruction, all that remains of the wizard is a fine pile of dust. A quick search of the fallen guards in the vicinity reveals a plethor of standard quality equipment for a rag-tag group of misfits on guard duty. After piling the junk together, you find:

8 Longswords.
8 Suits of chainmail.
8 Medium shields.
1 Longbow.
26 arrows.

Loot note - The remnants of Jahanne can be picked up and carried, for whatever purpose the carrier might want them for *wink* if they have a carrying capability of 90 pounds. Yup. Fireballs do wonder for loosing weight. The carcass of Gundrun is too heavy to move. (Can't access the database, but I believe should be around 800 pounds?)

Spoiler for Tyreus

I'm assuming Kemble would loot and take his daggers back. I'm not really keeping tabs on your # of daggers, but I consider any ammunition that hits a target (good or bad, in case of critical misses) can be recovered.

OOC: DM'ing the next action - Presumably you would search the roadblock camp next.

Whatever noises you heard coming from the camp during the battle seem to have been false - the camp is empty; all the soldiers who were guarding it at the time have been killed.
Many of the tents are little more than small sleeping quarters for the guards, but the larger tent draws your attention. Gathered within are the standard tolls the guards collected from travelers wanting to pass. You find a plethora of useless and trivial items of varying value, based on what the "thieves" looted from them before hand. In addition, you find three chests brimming with silver coins. Finally, you find a heavy-padded strongbox.

Cespenar
2010-03-25, 04:20 AM
Ralen

No need for his initial plan of returning to base now that the devil is back in its own plane, Ralen pops back to his human form and gently lands on the grass to meet Kemble and Ilrien.

"Well," he clears his throat awkwardly, glancing at the two, no, make it three corpses. "It seems like we... completed the mission."

He sighs and starts to check out the camp if rather unwillingly. When they discover the padded strongbox, he nods at Kemble and backs up.

"I guess that would your be your strength."

He turns to Ilrien and points to the silver-filled chests. "I'll try to procure the druid's corpse. How many of these do you think you could carry?"

He produces a scroll from his pouch after a moment's search and briefly examines it. After seconds of gestures and incantations, he invokes the scroll's power to create an airy creature, which, according to the spell, would act as his servant. He commands it to carry Jahanne's body and follow him closely.

Tyreus
2010-03-25, 08:52 AM
"I have a bag of holding if you need help carrying those." Kemble says as he nods to the chests. He takes a moment to check over the strong box, then attempts to open it.

Search: [roll0]
Disable device: [roll1]

Ellisande
2010-03-26, 10:27 AM
Ilrien

"Three chests?" The bladesman weighed them in his mind. "I could probably take two of them, at least... but our small friend's bag might be better, if we're to sneak past the guards on the way back in. How much can you fit in there?"

"Aiden didn't make it either?" A brief twinge of regret crossed Ilrien's face. "I suppose we must take his corpse back as well." The thought of stuffing bodies into the bag was oddly unnerving, but he supposed there wasn't much alternative.

Cespenar
2010-03-26, 11:54 AM
Ralen

Rubbing his temples, Ralen nods and aborts the casting when he hears about Kemble's Bag of Holding.

"Okay, then let's just put everything in there - it should take, right?"

Zjackrum
2010-03-28, 12:50 AM
Search: (1d20+13)[17] Success!
Finding no traps, Kemble attempts to open the locked chest:
Disable device: (1d20+11)[31] Success!

With a deft twist, the heavy pad-lock clicks open. Pulling open the lid reveals an impressive collection of personal effects: clothing, boots, painting supplies, and several canvas frames. Oddly enough, the value of these items seems relatively low - much too low to have required such protection.

Spot or Knowledge (local) - DC 10

These brushes and canvas appear well made.

Spot or Knowledge (history) DC 20

These brushes and canvas frames are expertly crafted - only a true master would use such supplies, and at quite a hefty price.

Each chest (and its contents) weigh roughly 150 pounds. The heavy pad-locked chest weighs 100 pounds. Presumably Kemble stuffs all three chests, Aiden, and Jahanne into his bag of holding.

Cespenar
2010-03-28, 05:46 PM
Ralen

Spotting the painting supplies, Ralen shrugs.

"These seem to be very finely crafted..." he mumbles. "Though I still miss the point of them being in the middle of an ambush camp. Anyway," he says, turning to his... remaining companions. "If we are ready, let us return."

"Oh, and while we're at it, let's get the 'remains' of the wizard in there too."

[roll0]

By the way, Ralen still has an Invisibility Sphere ready, so if in some part of their return they'd need to pass through a tightly guarded place, he'd cast it there.

Ellisande
2010-03-28, 07:40 PM
Ilrien

"The wizard too?" Ilrien winced slightly at the thought, but started walking back towards the charred circle neverless. "How would we keep them all apart in there?" He asked, not thinking deeply enough to realize that it probably didn't matter. "But yes, let us be off. Any chance you know of a stream or such, to clean up a bit before we pass the guards?"

Cespenar
2010-03-28, 11:08 PM
"Never mind that," Ralen replies quickly. "I have a spell that can make us all invisible, and it used to work quite well."

Tyreus
2010-03-29, 09:06 AM
After loading the bag of holding with the loot, he slings it over his shoulder and waits for the others.

Zjackrum
2010-03-29, 09:55 PM
Kemble collects the corpses of Jahanne and Aiden, and scoops the handfuls of dust that are left of the wizard into the bag of holding, along with the chests.

(DM'ing for the sake of time)

The trip back from the road-block is uneventful. Farmers glance up from fields nearby as you pass, but aside from quick glances in your general direction, they pay you little mind.
You have little trouble blending in with the crowd as you approach the main gates to the city. From a safe distance, you steal glances towards your opposition: A handful of armed guards giving cursory glances at the passing traffic. They haven't seen you as of yet.

Cespenar
2010-03-30, 03:28 AM
Ralen

Encountering the lovely city gates again, Ralen pulls his companions to a less observed corner, and quickly invokes the spell that makes them all invisible. He repeats his typical instructions:

"So, this spell keeps all of us invisible as long as you keep within ten feet of me. I sneaked much more people than this in and out of the city with the spell, so three people would be very little trouble, I expect. Unless something goes wrong, of course," he adds darkly. "Let's just keep it together, avoid bumping into people and each other, and all will be fine. Come on."

Ellisande
2010-03-30, 08:50 AM
Ilrien

Ilrien put his hand on Ralen's back to guide himself. "All right, hope this works. We should stay quiet?" He sets out with the wizard, curiously looking at his hands and feet for for evidence of the spell's effect.

Cespenar
2010-03-30, 11:32 AM
"Yes, of course. We're only invisible, not inaudible."

With that, he slowly ventures forward.

Zjackrum
2010-03-31, 07:42 AM
Sticking as close to Ralen as proverbial stink on a mule, you approach the gate. The crowd thickens and any semblance of a single queue dissapears as people push shoulder to shoulder. The guards have stopped all traffic entering the city as a dwarf merchant argues with what looks to be the sergeant on duty. A handful of burly dwarven guards snort and look down their beards at the humans in disdain.
The crowd seems mixed between demanding to enter and egging both sides on for a bit of amusement. You catch some of the arguement over the general din: The dwarf merchant doesn't want his goods inspected, and he doesn't want to pay another toll. You assume he is referring to the roadblock to the east.

Tyreus
2010-03-31, 08:59 AM
Kemble whispers to the others. "How are we going to get in here?"

Cespenar
2010-03-31, 12:55 PM
Ralen

"Hmm, I have an idea," he whispers to Kemble, grinning invisibly to himself.

He gets a bit closer to the crowd and throws his voice audibly as if he was one of the bystanders, aiming for the dwarf's ears.

"Hey, I heard that the eastern roadblock has just been cleared!" He quickly scurries to a side, still invisible.

Ellisande
2010-03-31, 01:08 PM
Ilrien

"It should slow down later..." He thought for a moment, then continued on in the same whisper. "Though we could go in underside a cart, couldn't we? They aren't moving too quickly, and the guards won't give the underside more than a quick look."

OOC: And the idea comes a second too late. Ah, well, a backup plan.

Zjackrum
2010-03-31, 07:59 PM
The merchant's ears perk at Ralen's comments as he glances furtively at the crowd, scanning for the source of the voice.
"The roadblock to the east is cleared?" He asks, glancing suspiciously at the sergeant. The Kalo guard seems confused as well, and the bickering continues.

Cespenar
2010-04-01, 12:31 AM
Ralen

Closing to another side of the crowd this time, Ralen nudges Kemble and whispers.

"Say, 'Yeah, I heard the same thing!' or something like that."

Tyreus
2010-04-02, 10:52 PM
Kemble follows Ralens lead and yells "I heard the same thing! I'm going before they change their minds!"

Zjackrum
2010-04-05, 09:43 PM
(OOC: Sorry, went away for Easter. It wasn't my idea)

The sergent wrinkles an eyebrow as he scans the crowd. He bellows in a commanding voice,
"What rubbish is this? The toll to get into the city is unchanged! Pay to get in, or stay out!"
Grudgingly, the dwarven merchant pays the toll and the line to enter the city moves forward. Remaining close to Ralen, you are able to sneak your way past the guards unnoticed.

Mini-game failed! No bonus experience.

Once through the main gate, you have little difficulty navigating your way through the streets back into Morienn-controlled territory. Like so many times before, you pass into the bar. Lars raises an eyebrow, nodding towards the back room.
Legs propped up on his desk, Jorgan offers a wide grin as you enter. He has drinks lined up on the desk, one for each of you, awkwardly including Aiden and Jahanne in the number of drinks.
He barely waits for you to enter before raising his glass in toast.
"Gentlemen. I've already heard the news of the road-block."

Tyreus
2010-04-08, 10:31 AM
"If you've already heard the news about the road block then you should know that we don't need these two extra glasses." Kemble looks a little disgruntled, but after all he had just met his two unfortunate companions that day.

Ellisande
2010-04-08, 01:05 PM
Ilrien

The bladesman purses his lips and starts to say something, but then takes one of the proffered glasses and sips it instead, hiding the awkwardness of the moment. Finally, he ventures to change the subject. "I don't suppose that the dwarves will be happy their emissionary was killed."

Cespenar
2010-04-08, 05:07 PM
Ralen silently grabs a glass and finds a place to sit down. Downing the drink in one go, he gazes at his hands blankly, clearly having no intention to talk.

Zjackrum
2010-04-09, 08:07 AM
Jorgan sombers at hearing the news, realizing the awkwardness of having extra glasses on the table.
"I... Understand, and I apologize. News travels fast, and I heard about the road block, but not any of the fine details. I was overexcited at having something go right for once."
He places the drink back on the table and stiffens.
"What do you have to report? I'm assuming you encountered stiffer resistance than we thought?"

Ellisande
2010-04-10, 11:11 PM
Ilrien

"Indeed." His court training gave him a stiffer face than he felt. "There were the guards as expected, but also an Infernalist. You know how demons can be." There was an air of forced nonchalance in his voice. "And he booby-trapped his own corpse. It's only due to Master Ralen's wisdom that the rest of us avoided the same fate."

Cespenar
2010-04-11, 04:35 AM
Ralen

Snorting an annoyed laugh, Ralen mumbles, "If only she would have listened as well..."

After a moment, he perks his head instantly, as if a thought has just occurred him. He gazes at Jorgan.

"Say, Colonel, would the Resistance have access to a distinguished cleric of some sorts? Kordites, perhaps? We have Jahanne's... body with us, and I have to say, she was a tremendous help in this mission. So, any resources spent to resuscitate her (if possible) would pay back quite handsomely, I believe. What would you say?"

Zjackrum
2010-04-11, 12:30 PM
Jorgan replies,
"Interesting idea Ralen - that would serve a dual purpose: We could foot the bill for resurrecting the dwarf, which would certainly impress the dwarves, as we know how they feel about their people being killed. At the same time, we might be able to keep a strong soldier in the ranks, if they wanted to stay with us."
Jorgan pauses for a moment, thinking.
"Yes, leave the umm... body with Lars. The office still smells like zombie heads after your last visit. As for this infernalist... I suppose having some manner of wizard could have been anticipated, they must have had some way of tracking incoming merchants and preparing ambushes."

"I do have some good news, for a change. We're not entirely sure how, but this arrived at the inn."
Jorgan produces a suit of full platemail. The armor is covered in runes and looks extremely ornate.
"There was a note attached to it, that said 'With our Thanks.' I don't suppose this would be intended for you?"

Tyreus
2010-04-11, 03:25 PM
Kemble looks around at his lightly armored companions. "That looks a lot heavier then what any of us wear... I'm not sure how we could use that."

Ellisande
2010-04-12, 03:52 PM
Ilrien

"Looks to be worth a pretty penny, though. That's a suit worthy a duke... or at least an Earl." It wasn't suitable for much of the fencing that he did, but most of the higher nobility had something like it, even if only for ceremonial occasions. "You truly do not know who might have sent it?"

Cespenar
2010-04-13, 02:14 PM
Ralen

Ralen points at the suit of armor, confused.

"Was that the dwarf's armor we sent away for re-sizing... or am I mixing things up?"

Zjackrum
2010-04-13, 06:21 PM
Damok squeaks up from Ralen's shoulder.
"Could that be a gift from the Lich living in the cemetery?"

Ellisande
2010-04-13, 10:55 PM
Ilrien

The bladesman's eyebrows go up, as he looks toward the raven. "A gift from a lich?"

OOC: Damok is a Raven, right?

Cespenar
2010-04-14, 05:09 AM
Ralen

"Ah, I see," Ralen nods with dawning realization. "That's very... kind of him, though I don't think we have someone to actually wear it to battle... right?" He glances at Ilrien for confirmation, him being the only martial authority in the group as of now.

OOC: Damok is a undead-ish rat, which is funnily not Ralen's familiar. Others have questioned it as well, but Ralen doesn't seem to come up with the whole truth about it.

Zjackrum
2010-04-14, 08:08 AM
Jorgan ponders the situation.
"Well at the time you would have had Frelik, the Kordites, and Emerik with you, so perhaps he... it thought it was an appropriate gift? We could certainly find a seller interested in it if you don't think the current group could put it to good use..."

OOC:

Damok the undead rat is a long-drawn out yet still on going side-story with Ralen that links back to the main story of the quest. We just keep getting side-tracked from the original story because the group keeps doing sidequests, which is totally fine with me. Also let's me RP the group to some extent without obnoxious NPCs.
Also, we'll need to re-open recruiting again for another 2-3 players soon. We're at the end of this mission.

Ellisande
2010-04-15, 02:27 PM
Ilrien

The bladesman glanced from the rat to the sergeant to the wizard, trying to puzzle out why a lich would be sending the resistance gifts. After a moment, he resolved to figure it out later, and moved to the matter at hand. "I think this suit may be just a bit heavy for the urban conflicts that we face, but it is certainly a fine gift." He took a sip of his wine, then changed the topic as smoothly as he could. "But in any case, I'm certainly a bit worn out after today's excursion. Is there anything else you were hoping to discuss before we adjourn and get a bit of sleep?"

Zjackrum
2010-04-15, 10:31 PM
Jorgan nods with understanding.
"Ah, of course, I understand. We have rooms available for you of course, if you wish to rest for some time. If you need time to relax or time to yourselves, you have more than deserved it. Return to me when you are ready for your next mission."

Ellisande
2010-04-17, 12:08 AM
Ilrien

The bladesman nods and excuses himself to bed. He's much to worn out--even without the added weight of his companion's deaths--to discuss the matter now. The war must go on, yes... but not tonight.

Cespenar
2010-04-18, 05:06 PM
Ralen shakes his head as he silently leaves for his room. Sure, he was happy (if you could call it that) to get Jorgan's word about raising the druid from the dead, but that was out of question with Aidan and all the other ex-companions. Wondering again that how he got from being a frail bookworm to... a battle mage for the Resistance, he dozes off to an uncomfortable sleep.

Zjackrum
2010-04-19, 09:31 AM
You hand the remains of Jahanne to Lars, who accepts them with a raised eyebrow and mock scowl. After you insure he does not actually plan to cook and serve the body parts, the three of you (DM'ing Kemble) head for bed.

MISSION COMPLETED!
Gained 10,000 XP.
Reputation Gains:
+1 Morienn Resistance
+2 Dwarves
+1 Corsand Population
-2 Kalo Empire

(OOC: This should push every player to level 8)

The morning light begins to shine through the window as you awaken from your sleep. You feel refreshed; ready to begin the new day.
[I]All spells re-memorized. HP returned to maximum. This includes new spells/day that may have been earned through gaining level.

Tyreus
2010-04-19, 09:42 AM
After waking up going through a few stretches and light morning exercises Kemble looks for the others to see if they want to get breakfast.

Ellisande
2010-04-20, 11:13 AM
Ilrien

Ilrien groans--despite his exhaustion (and rapid escape from the awkward conversation with the Colonel), he'd stayed up a bit later for a nightcap. "Morning already?" He opened one eye, then the other, and finally both. "Ah, it is. I suppose there'll be time to sleep tomorrow. What do you think the innkeeper will have for us today?" With more cheer than anyone should have on three hours of sleep, the bladesman joined Kemble for breakfast.

Cespenar
2010-04-20, 04:14 PM
Ralen

Joining the others after a really required sleep, Ralen appears with a book on his hand and an intrigued expression. Apart from a mumbled "Morning...", he keeps silent as he occupies himself with the book. A glance on the cover reveals the words "Angels and Demons" in bold letters, followed by another barely noticeable set: "A Treatise on the So-called Outer Planes and Its Inhabitants"

Toliudar
2010-04-20, 09:09 PM
Jahanne

A familiar smell wafts through the door of the tavern - musk, and burned hair. Followed by a mound of blackened fur, carrying a spear. On the upside, the face is significantly cleaner than the last time she was seen. Jahanne's face lights up as she spots Kemble, Ilraen and Ralen. The dwarf hobbles forward and engulfs Kemble in an aromatic hug.

"Hey, boys! I understand I owe you my life. Let me get your breakfasts - least I can do for hauling my sorry ass back. I figure that I'd also come offer my services for a while. Dwarves pay their debts."

Ellisande
2010-04-21, 12:30 AM
Ilrien

The bladesman looks up from reading over Ralen's shoulder and flashes a warm smile. "You're looking rather better than when I saw you last." he greets the dwarf. "Perhaps you might join us for a bit of porridge?"

Toliudar
2010-04-21, 01:51 AM
Jahanne

Nodding vigorously, Jahanne signals for the serving staff in order porridge - and eggs, and bread.

"Yeah. Porridge sounds great. Stomach's feeling really empty. Probably is. Again, thanks. I hear that everything else went smoothly, taking out the roadblock?"

Tyreus
2010-04-21, 08:24 AM
Kemble crinkles his nose when the dwarf grabs him for a hug, but turns it into a weak smile when Jahanne looks. "Yeah, I guess things worked out."

Zjackrum
2010-04-21, 10:38 AM
Colonel Jorgan pushes through the back hallway into the common area. His glance reads the room in an instant as he scans the few faces in the crowd.
The room is relatively deserted at this time of morning, and landing his gaze on your group, he approaches the table.
"Putting rank aside," He mumbles somewhat softly, "May I join you?"

Cespenar
2010-04-21, 11:29 AM
Ralen

Seeing the druid up and healthy again, Ralen slams his book shut and chuckles enthusiastically.

"Welcome back, Jahanne!" is the only thing he can manage, but his mood is visibly lightened up. Putting the porridge bowl over the book, he eats hungrily until Jorgan joins the table. Ralen pauses, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course," he mumbles back, sliding to the side to give him a space to sit, if he'd like.

Toliudar
2010-04-21, 11:44 AM
Jahanne

Releasing Kemble, Jahanne moves inexorably over to Ralen and clasps the seated wizard as well.

"Good to see you too! Truth be told, of course, it's good to see anyone. So! What's next? I figure that you did me and the dwarves a good turn. Least I can do is return the favour."

As Jorgan enters and settles with them, Jahanne orders another bowl of porridge for him, and settles across the table.

"Good morning! Who do we have to kill next?"

Edit: Just saw Zjackrum's post.

Zjackrum
2010-04-21, 01:45 PM
Jorgan's eyes grow wide for a moment as he takes in Jahanne's words. He drops himself down into a spare chair with a sigh.
"Nothing.... Nothing for now." He pauses, seeming looking for words. "In this kind of a campaign, you can't really afford to get too attached to anyone. We have to add to the casualty lists pretty much daily around here, and we don't have the resources to bring everyone back."
He waives to Lars, who scowls, but brings him a mug of coloured liquid that smells strongly of alcohol, despite the early morning hour.
"Besides name, rank and serial number, I often don't get much chance to socialize with the men. Lars rarely let's me out of the office sometimes, for my own safety. And at the same time, I send dozens - hundreds - of men on missions every day... And they don't all come back."
He muses, staring into his mug before taking a long sip.

VinGoodman
2010-04-21, 02:45 PM
A short, lanky man enters the dining area, his hazel brown eyes surveying the room behind a set of delicate, metallic framed glasses. The searching eyes rest on the Colonel, and the man steps confidently through the room, stopping by Jorgan's side. "You requested my presence here this morning, sir?"

Ellisande
2010-04-21, 03:25 PM
Ilrien

OOC: Is it really that odd to have beer with breakfast? I'd thought it was the standard medieval drink at all meals... ^_^

Ilrien had little difficulty ignoring rank--indeed, he tended to regard the Colonel as equal in status to his own Viscountship, however much the bladesman worked to downplay his title here in Corvand. "It is a rough time, certainly..." Ilrien agreed with the Colonel. "But somebody has to do it. I'm sure His Majesty would approve of the work you're doing here. And the sooner we can get it done the better." There's a grim fatalism to Ilrien's thoughts, something he likely wouldn't have had a half-year earlier at court.

Zjackrum
2010-04-21, 05:06 PM
(OOC: Welcome to our two new members, VinGoodman and Kol Korran! Also OOC - yes beer was a staple of the medieval diet if you want to be historically accurate. I was trying to infer that Jorgan was drinking a much harder drink.)

Jorgan glances up from his depression as he is addressed. He greets the newcomer with a very half-hearted salute.
"Ah... Wilmorn, glad you could make it." Then to the group, "Gentlemen, this is Wilmorn Milner, another cleric on loan to us from Kelemvor." He makes quick introductions of all parties.
"Pull up a seat," He says in a quite casual manner. "We're just about to have breakfast."

Toliudar
2010-04-21, 06:11 PM
Jahanne

Jahanne shrugs off the "gentlemen" comment, and gestures to Lars for a pitcher of beer and a couple more mugs.

"Hi, Wilmorn, was it? I'm Jahanne. The lads are Ilraen, Ralen and Kemble. Three braver and kinder souls...well, I'm sure you could find them, but why insult the lads so early in the morning. What'll you have? I'm celebrating this morning, so it's all on me."

VinGoodman
2010-04-21, 09:33 PM
"Thank you. Jahanne is it?" Wilmorn nudges his glasses up with his hand, as it had slid and settled a bit too low on his nose for comfort. He finds an open seat at the table and settles himself in. He glances up and catches Lars' attention just before Lars leaves to grab the beer. "Porridge, eggs and bread please. And red wine."

With a quick look around the table, he repeats the names of the new faces. "Morning, Ilraen, Ralen and Kemble. It's a pleasure to be dining with you all today. Did you all have a chance to work with Father Charles Denningham? I believe he preceeded me here. I had hoped he would help me prepare for this trip. Alas, he was rather reluctant to speak of it."

Ellisande
2010-04-21, 10:38 PM
Ilrien

"We are acquainted with the Reverend, yes." Ilrien was as formal as ever. "I trust he and his young charge made it back safely? Has anyone been found to take care of her, given her father's... unfortunate end?"

After the newly arrived priest answered, Ilrien continued with the requested briefing. "Well, I think it was meeting a demon-summoner that unnerved Father Denningham so, though I can hardly blame him." His voice was measured and not-quite forcedly cavalier. "Have you ever met a demon?"

VinGoodman
2010-04-21, 11:11 PM
Wilmorn considers the question for a moment. As he sifts through the catalog of creatures he has encountered thus far, he determines none could be properly categorized as demons. "I do not believe I have ever met a demon. I would need to confer with my deity on how to handle it, if I were ever to meet it."

Cespenar
2010-04-22, 01:27 AM
Ralen

"Technically, what we encountered was a 'devil' rather than a 'demon', but never mind the details," Ralen joins the conversation with a grin. He greets the priest with a nod.

"As for handling them," he continues with a tone that makes it unclear if he's being serious or sarcastic, "We found that running around like headless geese tends to make them spend their precious borrowed time chasing you, instead of killing you.

"But I guess a simple protective ward spell or a dismissal spell would help too. Actually, I was reading about them just now," he says, tapping the book that he laid down on the table earlier.

Kol Korran
2010-04-22, 04:21 AM
Avandra
a young looking human woman approaches your table, dressed in simple yet tastefull grey and blue garment, raven hair, and pale grey eyes. though she is fairly plain looking, you feel a force of presence about her, and the way she carries herself shows of confidence but also... weariness?

The woman speaks warmly, but quietly."Ah Jorgan. sorry to have come a bit late, but last night's mission went a bit complicated at the end. i hope my information will prove usefull. it required... delicate persuasion."

the woman looks at the bunch of you with grey eyes, as if assesing, before sitting down with a wide open smile, speaking still in hushed tones. "you must be whom Jorgan have mentioned . Lets see... you must be Jahanne. Nice to meet you Ralen. you must be Kemble, and you must be Ilrien. that leaves you to be Wilmorn, the other recruit. My name is Avandra, i'm more used to be working on my own, but i'm sure our talents would meld well together. as to mine, they lie in the realms of decpetion, information gathering, and getting others to do as desired. but i can do well in combat, if needed."
She strectches back on her chair comfortably "Exciting times ahead, i'm sure!"

OOC:
hey folks! :smallwink: is there an OOC thread?

Toliudar
2010-04-22, 07:47 AM
Jahanne

Jahanne grunts a welcome, and shifts over to make room for another chair at the table.

"Good to meet you, Avandra. I think you're just in time. Jorgen was about to tell us not to come back dead any more."

The dwarf, in her singed furs, smiles broadly.

"Ruins his day."

Welcome, Kol Korran! As I recall:

Ralen - human, slender and scholarly young man
Ilraen - lean, lightly armoured human warrior
Kemble - leather-clad halfling
Jahanne - dwarf in burnt furs

And the OOC thread is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83459&page=21)

VinGoodman
2010-04-22, 08:23 AM
Wilmorn looks up at the quip and speaks simply. "With Kelemvor's power through me, hopefully he will not be judging any of our souls in the forseeable future."

Kol Korran
2010-04-22, 09:49 AM
Avandra leans her hhead on her hand, as if fascinated by Jahanne "Tsk, tsk, tsk. being dead! such a nusiance! and it looks as if your clothes got quite a singing too. that always Irks me!" She then flexes her hands you lot seem like a formidable group, must have been something fierce to have killed one of you! this must be a tale indeed! pray tell!" she then catches the Colonel's eye "Hmmm, perhaps later. i feel the begining of another story in the making..."

Zjackrum
2010-04-22, 12:24 PM
Lars gives an unimpressed sneer to Wilmorn as he places his breakfast order, but says nothing as he returns to the bar. Jorgan barks a quick laugh.
"Wilmorn, as you don't seem to be acquanted with Sergeant Lars, I'll make the introduction for you: His weapon of choice is thumb-screws, and he doesn't like pretending to be a servant. Or for taking orders in general."

Jorgan gives a nod to Avandra as she joins the group.
"Avandra has special talents I think may be of use, though she lacks the somewhat ham-fisted approach so common these days.
"Moving on... As to the specifics of the infernalist at the road block... I did hear from Charles, and the girl is safe, but we can't find any clue as to what exactly he was planning. I'd guess either some manner of sacrifice or perhaps something more sinister.
"Regardless, nothing but praise from Hammerfist, I'm happy to report. The confirmation that the 'bandit camp' was actually Kalo soldiers taking a larger cut of their goods certainly sticks in their craw.
"Jahanne, have you had a chance to visit with Hammerfist lately?"

Toliudar
2010-04-22, 12:31 PM
Jahanne

Jahanne was clearly starting to take a weirdly perverse pleasure in being an honourary member of this little resistance 'club.'

No, sir. Been mostly dead all day. I'd be happy to check in with him tonight, though."

VinGoodman
2010-04-22, 12:33 PM
Wilmorn flushes as he realizes his mistake. He looks over to Lars, hoping to mitigate the situation, but Lars has already moved on. Oh Kelemvor, what have I done now?

At Jorgan's introduction of Avandra, Wilmorn returns his attention to Jorgan and the group. Realizing the possibility of repeating this mistake, he keeps quiet for the moment as he listens in on the conversation.

Cespenar
2010-04-22, 03:46 PM
Ralen

Nodding a greeting nod at Avandra as well, Ralen briefly closes his eyes and listens to the voices around him. Sure, things were looking kind of nice as of now, but he can't help wondering how many of this new group is going to fall come next mission.

Shaking his head almost invisibly, he reopens his eyes and looks around as if nothing had happened.

Ellisande
2010-04-22, 06:56 PM
Ilrien

The bladesman sniffs slightly at Lars' rudeness. Jorgan might be his equal; Lars, common-born and a torturer to boot, most certainly wasn't. Still, he let the conversation flow, smiling noncommittally at the two newcomers as he assessed them.

Tyreus
2010-04-22, 10:54 PM
Kemble greets everyone politely but mostly remains silent, taking in the new companions and listening to Jorgan. Maybe this Avandra will want to operate a little more subtly then the others... Or maybe the deaths of the last mission will do the job.

Kol Korran
2010-04-23, 02:24 AM
Outwardly, Avandra was smiling and looking to be avidly listening (and she was) but inwardly she was alarmed. Jorgan said two have died in their last mission. i'll have to be cautious. and an infernalist? i wonder... in her mind a repressed memory of a secret dark celler, and words in an unknown language appeared. she quickly shut these up, intrigued at the interactions with Lars.

"Do you plan for us a visit to the dwarfs Jorgan? i'll have to learn their customs then. i need to know what to wear!" she says letting out a pleasent little laugh.

Zjackrum
2010-04-23, 07:41 AM
Jorgan eyes Avandra, sighing at having to forgo pleasantries and get down to business.
"Well, if you do wish to talk business, no. I had something on the agenda, right up your alley, though perhaps a bit dull for the others? An... Information gathering mission. Above board, no killing or stealth required. Simple finesse and diplomacy. A.... Dinner party, if you will.
"Of course there are other missions as well, but I thought this might be almost like a vacation for you."

Toliudar
2010-04-23, 08:02 AM
Jahanne

Remembering Hammerfist and the stories of his beardlove, Jahanne tried to think what one of his parties would be like.

"The Envoy is having a party, then? I'll have to have my best pelts cleaned."

It was difficult to tell whether she was joking. Perhaps, even to her.

Kol Korran
2010-04-23, 11:20 AM
Avandra

Avandra speaks in a low soft tone "I am new to this group, and i will adhere to it's decision. your suggestion Jorgan does relates to my skills, but i'll be more than happy to follow other paths." she looks at the group, with a condounded smile " he has not been forward with your skills and talents, perhaps we can see what missions lie in need, and choose one that best fits our combined prowess?"

feeling that she has spoken quite a bit this last two minutes, Avandra becomes silent. for some reason working with a team has made her a tad nerveous. she must control herself.

Toliudar
2010-04-23, 11:31 AM
Jahanne

The dwarf polishes off her porridge and signals for another bowl.

"Our talents? Um. I can make my nose whistle. Two tones! But if you're looking for what we're good at...well, I'm good with animals. Getting them to help, I guess."

Jahanne's eyes look downward for a moment, and she loses her chipperness.

"Not always so good at helping them."

VinGoodman
2010-04-23, 12:36 PM
OOC What I really want to say:

"Even when agitated, civilized people seem to hesitate a moment before punching my lights out." Wilmorn pushes his glasses to rest higher up on his nose. "I am not sure why."

A dinner party. Little harm should come of that. I will need to meditate with Kelemvor to see what powers would be best for the purpose. He snaps back into attention, realizing he mind has wandered off yet again. "Kelemvor empowers me to assist those I travel with on their various tasks, and heal those who are injured performing those tasks."

Cespenar
2010-04-23, 05:44 PM
Ralen

"Hmm," Ralen rubs his clean shaven chin and squints.

"A dinner party, eh? I'm not one for social eloquence and such, but I know a lot of spells that may help gather information. Heck, it's my specialization," he adds with a chuckle.

"Though I'm not sure if that mission would require all six of us. Hmm."

Zjackrum
2010-04-23, 08:01 PM
(OOC: Unless this idea seems really boring, I thought it might be fun to have a mission that doesn't devolve into a brawl, as every other mission has. This would incorporate diplomacy and tact (more RP than checks), with some stealth and perhaps a bit of combat.)

Jorgan rubs his chin.
"Well, it might be beneficial to have others there, as this is ah.. umm... Kalo dinner party?"
He pauses, looking slightly squeamish at not revealing this information sooner.
"That's not to say I'm sending you into a lion's den... More like a bee's nest? An ant colony? Well some manner of irritating insect... " He trails off for a moment, but come back to the conversation with a blink.
"It is a formal dinner party, first of all, so a major concern would be no medium or heavy armor, and no overt weapons." He glances about, judging the group for signs of distress.
"Only bring whatever you think you can conceal on your bodies. Illrien - if you were to go as a noble, a sword on the hip should be acceptable. For the rest of you, it would be in the guise of whatever your character would normally equip. Comments?"

Ellisande
2010-04-24, 12:55 AM
Ilrien

"A dinner party? Dare I ask who is hosting?" Ilrien mused on what the occasion was. "It sounds like it might be a lovely evening. But I'm assuming you're not just suggesting we enjoy a few dances with Kalo belles... and it doesn't sound like you're thinking of a knife in the governor either. What are you suggesting?"

Ilrien listened with half an ear as Jorgen answered, but mumbled to himself at the same time in a manner entirely out of sorts with his sailor's rags. "We will need a tailor, of course. Red is in this season, perhaps a Meralino cut to the tunic... with the right belt. No time to grow a beard, more is the pity... I must double check if there is a new dance to learn..."

OOC: Crap, mechanicswise Ilrien's only social skill is Intimidate. :-P

Toliudar
2010-04-24, 01:06 AM
Jahanne isn't in any way perturbed about having to leave weapons and armour behind, but she does lean forward, trying to figure out what justification she might have to be there.

"Maybe it would help us figure out who or what we should be, if we knew why were going to this party. What do you need us to do there?"

Zjackrum
2010-04-25, 03:00 PM
Jorgan nods.
"What it is, ladies and gentlemen, is a formal dinner party for the Kalo Empire elite. Somewhat premature, if you ask me, as the Morienn army is only days away, but they do so enjoy their social time.
"There are several objectives to the mission, none of which are essential, but all of which would be beneficial for the Morienn resistance.
"#1. Find out who is in the city, and a general idea of where they live.
"#2. Ingratiate yourselves into Kalo high society - try and make friendly or business connections that we can capitalize on.
"#3. Without compromising objective #2, see what sort of havoc you can cause. We don't want the Kalo Elite getting too comfortable."

Kol Korran
2010-04-26, 03:59 AM
"Well that sounds just delightfull! a chance to glean some real information about Kalo's higher ups, as well as a chance to perhaps shed some elite Kalo blood" the last remark is said in a surprisingly cold voice. Avandra seem intense for but a moment, before continuing do you have a ruse prepared for us? it would help us greatly. or is this a masked ball? that would simplify things. we'll need to learn a bit of Kalo's nobility and higher ups. were you able to get an invitation or shall we need to go without one? i can probably mask as a noble, the others might be my escorts or entrouge. much might be learned from the help of nobelmen. we could work several angles."

trying to wrack my brain for everything i know of their nobility and existing customs and such.
knowledge local [roll0]
knoweldge nobility [roll1]
if this won't work, i might go and gather information wrong the Kalo's quarter, or with Morienn nobility (might need some bluff and diplomacy checks as well)
Edit: abysmiall rolls- the Kalo nibleman are fish and the party is at the dock.

Toliudar
2010-04-26, 09:12 AM
Jahanne nods.

"I can try to get some kind of fake title from Hammerfist - now I think I get why you were asking. Ilrien's question might be most important - who's throwing this shindig? And do we know if it's in honour of anything?"

Tyreus
2010-04-26, 09:22 AM
"Hmm... I'm pretty good at causing some covert havoc. I'm sure I could make someone disappear if the circumstances are right..." The halfling pauses for a moment. "If necessary I could probably procure a fake invitation or other documents we may need."

Where could Kemble get poison? He has full ranks in Craft: poison making so ingredients would work.

Zjackrum
2010-04-26, 11:01 AM
(OOC: Kemble - Never really thought about it. Assume the resistance gives you whatever ingredients you need 'on the house' but you'd have to craft it yourself.)

Jorgan continues.
"We would have to forge invitations for all of you. Fortunately we - ah - procured an original copy, and we have an excellent man on hand who can make duplicate copies. They will be near perfect - I doubt anyone save whoever wrote them will be able to tell the difference."
(OOC Note: Of the group, your highest forgery is +10, so you should let Jorgan make them.)
"Jahanne, I feel guilty asking you to 'clean up' for this, as a Druid I imagine this would be the last place you would want to be. If you would rather sit this one out I'd understand. You would also need to convince or con Hammerfist into going as an ambassador. Or you could merely not tell him, though if he were to find out...
"As for the actual origins of the party? It is being held by Dubos Farthing; a rather posh social animal. He is holding it as a sign of the Kalo Empire's success in taking Corsand."

Toliudar
2010-04-26, 11:36 AM
Jahanne

The dwarf woman waves off Jorgen's offer to let her sit this out.

"Pfff. I told the boys that the least they could do after hauling my carcass back into town was to watch their back for a while. Maybe I haven't got the smoothest tongue. Good news is, nobody expects it from dwarves anyway. Got enough money, or pretend to, and it's pretty amazing what most folks will overlook.

"I figure Hammerfist owes me for getting the blockade lifted. Least he can do is make me a trade emissary or something."

VinGoodman
2010-04-26, 03:28 PM
Wilmorn

"What are their attitudes toward Kelemvor? Should I flaunt the connection, or keep a low profile?"

Ellisande
2010-04-26, 08:40 PM
Ilrien

"A celebration of the conquest? That sounds like a perfect time for a bit of havoc." He nods approvingly of Kemble's idea. "We'll all need a tailor, to see about more appropriate attire, and is their any chance you have a longsword of the proper quality in storage somewhere? This-" he touches his greatsword "is fit for a pirate, not a prince.
"Ah, a bit of dancing, some drops of blood... it should be a lovely evening in Kalo's boudoir."

Kol Korran
2010-04-27, 08:28 AM
Avandra looks up at Ilrien, studying, measuring. when she speaks it's ain a meticulate Kalo accentYou're a man of the sword, and a practiced eye would notice that. hmmmm... i think you might do well to be an army captain? or a higher rank? and i could go as your wife, a more... social being. lord and lady Kharand? i think that's a fitting Kalo noble name. don't you agree dear?" she puts her arm around Ilrien's. "Ralen could be a sage which we invited with us, perhaps to introduce him to other arcanists of the Kalo. we sure need to find them. Kemble needs a role where he can go unnoticed, to be able to do his dirty work without too many eyes on... perhaps he could go as one of our squires? no offense meant my dear sir!

Tyreus
2010-04-27, 08:36 AM
"Oh none taken. I could even go as a child if need be. Whatever gets the job done."

Cespenar
2010-04-27, 11:26 AM
Ralen

"Fair enough. Sadly, most of my divination spells require a large amount of time to properly incant, so I think I won't be at my maximum efficiency. Nonetheless, I will prepare a couple of spying spells in case we need it, another spell for communication, and of course an invisibility spell or two if anyone would require it. I hope they would suffice for the moment."

Not much thinking about if anyone actually cares about his selection of spells or not, Ralen furrows his brow and continues to contemplate about spells, plans and contingencies.

Ellisande
2010-04-27, 11:41 AM
Ilrien

"I would be honoured by your hand, milady." Ilrien answers, softly kissing the back of her hand. Glancing around the table, he adds, "And of course any house with as long and distinguished a history as House Kharand will have any number of retainers..."

Toliudar
2010-04-27, 11:58 AM
Jahanne

Jahanne nods. Clever folk, these.

"That sounds really good. If you don't mind, I'll stay separate from the group a you. Don't mean that we can't 'meet' at the party, of course. Might also mean I could do some sniffing around the place on my own...literally."

Zjackrum
2010-04-27, 12:59 PM
Jorgan seems thoughtful.
"All excellent ideas, though a hitch in the plan might be bringing Kemble as a servant; It would be seen as an insult to the host - who would have plenty of servants on hand - to bring one of your own."
He pauses in thought.
"We would need something low-key enough that you would be able to move about without drawing too much attention. Nobles do have the ability to ignore those under their station without another thought. Unfortunately I can't think of anything..."

Kol Korran
2010-04-27, 01:06 PM
Avandra nods "of course. it would be harder to explain the presence of a dwarf in our company. i suggest we each go to their preperations. in my disguise kit there might be some fake jewelery we might use, but if we can procure real ones it'd be best. i shall... go and sniff around in the meantime, try to learn as much as i can about the party, this Dubos Farthing and whomever may attend the party. forwarned is forarmed. i'll meet you hear later today? wish me luck, and pray to your god Wilmorn, something in my gut tells me this is going to be a night to remember.

with that Avandra rises, nods to each one of you, and leaves.

(unless anyone stops her?)
@ Zjackrum: i don't know how you want to handle the information gathering attempt. we can roelpaly this, or i can just do some rolls. i expect the DC to be reasonably high. perhaps i can roll for gather information, and diplomacy, bluff and disguise checks might aid? give a situational bonus? i'm rolling just in case, if you want to do this otherwise please tell.
several approaches:
- i try to find out about the party from any Murienn nobles i might still have contacts with.
- i disugise myself as a sort of a messanger from lord farthing in front of whatever passes as a mail service in corsand, wishing to send "new messages" to the addresses that have been sent or something of the like.
- i try to court any guard or butler or help (or maybe, if i'm lucky, a son/ daughter?) that is off duty at the farthing estate, perhaps get them drunk a bit, wishing to learn especially about security that night, and the general lay out of the place- entrances and exits. perhaps any animals the lord keeps.
- if i get any information on other nobles, and have the time, i try to follow up that lead and learn more.
- the charm spell might also come into play, but i'd prefer not to use it unless i can't yield any information. and even so i'll only use it on dumb looking (low wis) targets.
rolls(i do 3 rolls for each, if needed)
Gather information: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Diplomacy: [roll3], [roll4], [roll5] (Kalo Accent might add +1 if you use that ruling. the same might go for bluff)

Bluff: [roll6], [roll7], [roll8] (not sure if you wish to make these secret rolls, but they are here just in case)
Edit: wrong modifiers for the last 2, reduce by 3 each

Disguise: [roll9], [roll10], [roll11] (the roll includes the +2 from bluff for acting, and the use of the disguise kit. if any of these for some reason doesn't apply, reduce the outcome)
i hope this wasn't too long.

Edit: got some damned awefull rolls out there.

Toliudar
2010-04-27, 01:08 PM
Jahanne shrugs at the restriction on bringing servants. She grins at Kemble.

"You wanna try and pass yourself off as my kid brother?"

Cespenar
2010-04-27, 01:22 PM
Ralen

Raising his head from his own thoughts, Ralen glances at Kemble and shrugs.

"You could ask to be employed temporarily by this Farthing fellow, as a servant. Although he probably has a lot of people working under him already, an occasion this big and you can't ever risk to be understaffed. Perhaps a chat with whoever hires servants for "Lord" Farthing would get you the job."

VinGoodman
2010-04-27, 04:08 PM
Wilmorn does his best to keep up with all the ideas being bantered about, but is quickly lost in a sea of confusion. "Do you have any recommendations how I may best fit in? I fear the social environment of a formal dinner party is not one I find myself in often."

Tyreus
2010-04-27, 04:43 PM
"I could always disguise myself as another servant and replace him. I can change my appearance magically if need be. Or I could not even go to the party with the rest of you and make this a stealth mission for myself..."

Zjackrum
2010-04-28, 07:52 PM
Jorgan considers.
"I couldn't say exactly how they feel about the church, Wilmorn. I question whether they would be invited to such a gathering though. Something scholarly, perhaps? Siege engineer? I don't know if you carry yourself well enough to pass as a noble...
He grins slightly at Kemble's suggestion.
"That actually might be the best plan... That or merely 'acquire' some of the servants' livery. That would let you go about basically unseen and unheard. Though you would have to be able to keep up appearances in view of the public - serving drinks, fetching things and the what-not..."
He muses to himself for a minute.
"Very well, I'll see to it that each of you - save for Kemble - has an invitation to the party.

OOC wise - what sort of preparations do you want to make before hand? For the sake of keeping the group together, I won't RP any extended preparations.
Kol Korran already has his plans, but does anyone else have things they want to do?

VinGoodman
2010-04-28, 08:51 PM
"Perhaps Ralen and I could be colleagues, then, fellow sages. I have sufficient knowledge in the theoretical nature of the arcane that I may be able to pass for a sage, and my smattering of knowledge in history and the various religions may help display a bit of my versatility."

Wilmorn smiles, with a gleam in his eyes as he continues. "We may even persuade them that we are researching the major current events, in hopes of adding to our tomes. My experience tells me many of the high class like the attention, and the chance to be immortalized by words and tales passed on to future generations."

Ellisande
2010-04-29, 01:01 PM
Ilrien

Ilrien busies himself about the preparations, visiting one shop and then another.

As near as I can tell, he's looking to pick up:

-Some stylish new threads, embroidered with a reasonable-looking heraldric symbol (Knowledge: Nobility: [roll0]
-An appropriately fancy longsword to match.

Anything else we need, Avandra dearest?

Kol Korran
2010-04-29, 05:00 PM
Ilrien
Anything else we need, Avandra dearest?

um, i can only think of some fancy (fake) jewelery. and the clothes should have enough space to hide my thieves tools. perhaps we could go and have our hair (and your beard/ mustache) done. and we'll definetly need baths, perhaps a nice perfume

VinGoodman
2010-04-29, 10:52 PM
Wilmorn hunts down a sage's outfit, as well as a blank book, ink and feathers. He takes the time to bath himself, and leaves most of the gears in his quarters. The holy symbol went in a belt pouch, and a bit of gold, silers and coppers went in a second pouch. With a nicely crafted quarterstaff in hand, he decides he's ready for the party.

Toliudar
2010-04-30, 08:43 AM
Jahanne heads off to arm-twist/sweet-talk Hammerfist, not only to become a temporary emissary, but also to use his ambassadorial residence to get cleaned up, and to borrow one of his old robes (because, seriously, how different are dwarven physiques?

Edit: Jahanne will leave her weapons, armour and haversack at the embassy, but will keep her holy symbol, spell component pouch and wand.

Tyreus
2010-04-30, 09:23 AM
Kemble will need to find the correct servant outfit, either through gather information or to just sneak into the party through a window. He'll also be sure to take a disguise kit, his magic bandolier of daggers, and get a masterwork set of thieves tools. (forgot to buy them)

Zjackrum
2010-05-01, 07:48 PM
DM'ing all for the sake of time. Jorgan provides all of you except Kemble false invitations to the party. These invitations (as the original) are generic, with no name written on them to provide you with a false identity.

Jahanne - Hammerfist is more than willing to provide you with any materials and aid you require after destroying the road block and bandits. Most of the forest's stink comes off you when you bathe, and you change into a modest robe. As Hammerfist's residence is inside the upper district already, you can either enter the party alone or try and meet with the others before-hand.

Ralen - Prepares spells, cleans up somewhat. You can choose whether to take Damok with you or not.

Kemble - Acquires a disguise kit and a masterwork set of thieves tools. You locate a Farthing servant on an errand outside the estate. Disposing of him without ruining his clothes, you sneak into the upper district. You are now outside the Farthing estate, out of sight.

Wilmorn - Acquires a sage's outfit, as well as a blank book, ink and feathers.

Illrien Tyada / Avandra d'Orien - You both purchase elegant clothing befitting your status as nobles. Illrien is provided with a masterwork longsword by Jorgan.
Avandra does her best to innocently gain information about the party:
Gather information: (1d20+10)[23], (1d20+10)[11], (1d20+10)[17]
Diplomacy: (1d20+20)[22], (1d20+20)[37], (1d20+20)[21]
Bluff: (1d20+17)[27], (1d20+20)[23], (1d20+20)[31]

What you learned from gather information:
[DC10] There's a party.
[DC15] There's a party for Kalo Nobles in the upper district.
[DC20] The party is being hosted by Dubos Farthing.

What you learned from Diplomacy & Bluff:
1. Dubos Farthing hates Sandra Ruth, a female noble that refused his advances.
2. Sandra Ruth is now married to Raksi Ruth, a Captain in the Kalo army. Both have been invited to the party.
3. Dubos Farthing has a brother, Yalos Farthing, a notorious rake who has no decency. Yalos is also invited to the party.
4. As far as security is concerned, Dubos does have a small personal guard. They will be present at the party.
5. (Bonus due to high "37" roll) Dubos may not have enough wine for the party. He may have to 'water it down' so to speak.

Cespenar
2010-05-02, 02:57 AM
Ralen changes into a new robe, nothing fancier though, something fitting of a 'sage'. He takes Damok as well, carrying him in one of the pouches around his belt, but he adds a few dry leaves of rose in there as well... to cover that unearthly smell. "No offense, Damok."

He also puts on a simple-looking hat, which doesn't really go well with the robe that much but looks bland and generic enough to not attract any extra attention. Having prepared his spells as he does everyday, which includes the daily casting of Extended Mage Armor, "just in case", he's ready to go.

Toliudar
2010-05-02, 06:05 AM
Jahanne plucks at the long purple robe, which clings and shifts as she walks in ways that are entirely unfamiliar to her. She stepped briefly into an alley as she walked towards the party. Yeesh. If this is how all dwarves feel when they're dressed in these garments, no wonder we have a reputation for crankiness.

Clutching Hammerfist's invitation, she seeks out the right estate, and heads on in.

Zjackrum
2010-05-04, 12:51 PM
OK.... Well was hoping there would be a few more responses, but let's keep this train rolling. I'll divide up different party members with different spoilers. You're welcome to read anything and everything, but keep in mind that your character may not be aware of everything depending on where he/she is.

Everyone who approaches the Farthing Estate:
The Farthing Estate is an impressive mansion, towering several stories into the air. One of the largest buildings in the upper district, this dwelling surely belonged to an important noble of Morienn before most of the upper district was evacuated. If there was any battle damage from the siege, it has been repaired, and the house restored to it's former glory.
Low wrought-iron fences surround the property; a testament to the wealth within, that a blockage between the inhabitants and the more common people (considering already being in the upper district) was required. Steps up to the double-door entrance are in sight and loosely guarded by two pristine men-at-arms. Guests continue to arrive, some on foot but most steeping daintily out of carriages.

Jahanne

Showing little regard for human etiquette, you approach the front door. The men at arms glance in your direction, but make no move to stop you. Reaching the top of the stairs, a well-dressed man you assume is the butler holds out his hand. His eyes regard you with a neutral look that sneers contempt.
"Invitation, please."

Ralen & Wilnorn, + Avandra & Ilrien

Prepared as best you can, the four of you travel to the party. Once inside the upper district, you navigate your way to the Farthing Estate.

Kemble

Dressed now in a slightly large servant's livery, you stealthily approach the estate from the back alleys of the upper district. Still keeping out of sight, you approach what appears to be the servant's entrance - a small non-descript wooden door on a side wall out of view of the main entrance. Light shines through from windows on the second and third floors, but no other means of entrance appear at ground level.

Toliudar
2010-05-04, 01:06 PM
Jahanne

Jahanne knows that nobody expects nicey-nicey from the dwarves, and the more she is herself from the start, the less she has to remember to pretend later. Smiling, Jahanne tosses the invite to the servant and booms out.

"Right. First things first. Which way to the bar?"

Ellisande
2010-05-04, 01:28 PM
Ilrien and Avandra

Ilrien and Avandra approach the gates. I really should've thought to hire a carriage, he thinks to himself--having lived at the castle in the capital, he never needed one for formal occasions before. He opens his mouth to make a lame excuse, then closes it. With a nervous smile to match Avandra's natural one, he presents the gatekeeper with his invitation. "Lord and Lady Kharand, attending."

OOC: I wrote this not having seen your message, Zjackrum, but it seems to fit just as well here, so I'm leaving it unchanged. Sorry to be late!

VinGoodman
2010-05-04, 01:56 PM
Wilmorn follows behind Ilrien and Avandra, doing his best to look like he's with the entourage as a sage under the noble's sponsorship and care.

Cespenar
2010-05-04, 02:16 PM
Trying to seem as cold and distant as possible, Ralen walks after "Lord and Lady Kharand", extending his invitation in a nonchalant hand.

Ellisande
2010-05-04, 08:18 PM
OOC: Is Wilmorn (and/or Ralen) going under the guise of being under House Kharand's auspices? I thought they were separate, not that I'm stuck on that. Just let me know the plan, so Ilrien's bluffs (1d20-1, ^_^ ) are vaguely in line with pretenses

VinGoodman
2010-05-04, 08:37 PM
OOC The story was that we are both sponsored by the House Kharand, and are both vying to become the favored among the artists/sages that you sponsor. You know, support the arts and all that.

Tyreus
2010-05-04, 10:39 PM
Kemble nonchalantly strolls up to the servants entrance and walks in.

Disguise check if necessary: [roll0]

Zjackrum
2010-05-05, 01:09 PM
Jahanne

The butler is taken aback momentarily by your crass attitude, but seems to quickly chalk it up to you merely being a dwarf. He accepts the invitation, giving it a cursory glance before motioning you inside the hall.
"The umm... 'bar' as you put it is out of sight, ma'am. Merely place your order with any of the Farthing servants and they will be happy to assist you."
He turns towards the rest of the party, arriving only moments behind you, dismissing you from his sight.

Ilrien, Avandra, Wilmorn and Ralen

You catch a glimpse of Jahanne entering ahead of you as walk up the steps towards the double doors. A disgusted butler composes himself as he turns to you. He sneers slightly at your boots, recognizing that you came on foot as opposed to a coach.
"Invitations please."
(You hand him your invitations.)
"Ah... Lord and Lady Kharand..." The butler muses momentarily, trying to conjure your names on the invitation list and failing. He recomposes himself and sweet-talks, "Welcome, welcome. Lord Farthing is quite glad to see you. Do seek him out, won't you? He is just inside the main hall."

As Ilrien and Avandra step through the hall, the butler glances to Wilmorn and Ralen, trying to tag along behind. He accepts the invitations with a raised eyebrow, but says nothing. After a moment's pause, he waives you through.

(To all, entering the through the double doors)
The double-doors enter into a huge receiving room, seeming one-quarter full of people mingling in the rich trappings of nobles. Before you can fully take in the sights, another Farthing-dressed servant inquires to Jahanne,
"Name and title?"

Kemble

You casually approach the servant's entrance. You come across your first challenge - the door is locked.
(You found no keys among the servant that you took the clothes from, before you ask.)

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 04:16 PM
Jahanne dismisses the butler almost as quickly as he dismisses her, and turns to the second servant. It takes her only half a second to remember the name that she'd worked out with Hammerfist.

"Jade Triphammer. Of the trade delegation. And I'd like a beer."

Tyreus
2010-05-06, 06:09 PM
Kemble pulls out his pick and attempts to unlock the door. He makes sure to shield what he's doing with his body, so any passer by think he's having trouble with the key.

Disable Device: [roll0]
Hide?: [roll1]

Kol Korran
2010-05-06, 10:35 PM
Avandra awaits another servent to arrive, and speaks before spoken to, in a not to thick Kalo Accent Lord and Lady Kharand, with the esteemed sages Wilmorn and Ralen. pray tell, which other dignitaries have arrived yet? anyone in particular that is highly entertaining? and where is your lord Farthing? i must thank the charming man for inviting us to this lovely event!"

Ellisande
2010-05-07, 01:47 AM
Ilrien

Ilrien smiled a bit nervously, otherwise looking his part. He was rather glad that his companion was rather more comfortable with the situation, and was quite content to simply walk alongside her with his dancer-like gait. His eyes rolled back and forth, surveying the other guests and attempting to identify their heraldry.

Zjackrum
2010-05-07, 02:07 PM
(OOC note - going away for the weekend. Should be back late sunday night)

Jahanne

The servant nods at your name, though frowns at your drink request.
"Of course ma'am. I'll have that looked after right away." He pauses, taking a deep breath.
"JADE TRIPHAMMER of the DWARVEN DELEGATION!" He bellows. Some of the guests listen politely, though most blatantly ignore the introduction. Seeming dismissed, you are pushed forward into the crowd to make room for the others behind you.
After moving slightly, you hear the announcer bellow the introduction of the other members of the party.

OOC Note - classy, using Wilmorn & Ralen's real names. Real classy.

The announcing servant glances at you, listening intently as you speak. Not recognizing your names, he seems to grow colder, unimpressed by your stature and/or nobility. He responds quietly,
"Lord Farthing is mingling the guests, my lady. You'll find him on the floor."
He turns to the crowd and bellows,
"LORD AND LADY KHARAND, AND THE SAGES WILMORN AND RALEN!"
Without further consideration, he urges you forward to make room for others behind you.

Kemble

You set to work on the lock, carefully hiding your actions from sight. You suddenly hear foot-steps approaching, as a young man rounds the corner.
Sleight of Hand > 1d20+17 vs DC 10; Auto-success.
Acting casual but ready to spring into action, you pause as he approachs you from behind.
"What's wrong, your key broken?"

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 02:25 PM
Jahanne

Jahanne circulates into the room, using the fact that her shoulder is about at pelvis height to good advantage as she politely clears a path for herself. She looks around for officials with obvious Kalo insignia or uniforms, and goes up to introduce herself and congratulate them on a fine conquest.

Sorry: I'll be focused on a family emergency for about 3-6 days. I'll post as I'm able to get internet access.

Cespenar
2010-05-07, 03:00 PM
Ralen

Ralen silently and inconspicuously palms his face, for not having talked about the fake names thoroughly. Hoping he didn't use his name in any Kalo presence, he stifles his grimace to again put on his "party face".

Tyreus
2010-05-07, 03:06 PM
"Yeah I can't seem to get it to work. Care to help me out?"

Kol Korran
2010-05-08, 05:57 AM
OOC: it's actually quite common for people undercover to use their real names as long as no real identification or elaborate back story is required, and the cultures names are similar enough. in order not to get confused or forgetful when someone calls them by their fake name. almost no one will believe it's their real name anyway if caught. but i agree, it could have been handled better.

Avandra
slowly we make our way towards the floor, observing, trying to figure out the social dynamics. especially interested to see where Dubos Farthing is, and if we can locate his ill reputed brother, and Sandra and Raksi Ruth.

OOC: i'll be going back to reserve service later this night, so this is my last post till Thursday next week probably. sorry again.

Zjackrum
2010-05-09, 11:21 PM
Jahanne

With introductions out of the way, you are free to mingle with the guests. Separated from the group, you wander about, though you don't recognize anyone or anything. As you wander about at waist-height, you have trouble seeing faces at a distance.
You home in on a trio of Kalo uniforms - older gentlemen in dress army outfit laughing and drinking.
As you introduce yourself, the three regard you with a certain disdain.
"Yes ma'am... Was there something we could help you with?"

(Presumably you're all in tow of Avandra, who is leading the party. I'll DM as best I can for Avandra)

Navigating the room with elegent practice, Avandra sidles up to a group of men and women laughing at a joke you just missed. Though they seem cold at first, Avandra quickly calms the situation with several 'you know you're Moriennish when....' jokes.
"I'm curious Lord Kharand..." One of the men asks, "How do you feel about this so-called 'Morienn Resistance' we keep hearing so much about?"

Kemble

The young man regards you with a puzzled look for a second before nodding.
"Sure thing."
He unlocks the door, giving you a friendly smile as he steps inside. Once within, you find yourself in a narrow t-section hallway, with stairs leading down on your right and a path leading off to the left. The young man descends down the stairs.

Tyreus
2010-05-09, 11:51 PM
Kemble heads down the path to the left, attempting to look busy. I wonder where I can find Dubos...

Ellisande
2010-05-10, 11:40 AM
Ilrien

The swordsman bit back his instinctive response, hoping that his dislike of the Kalo wasn't apparent. It wasn't like the 'right' answer was difficult to imagine. "Well, I'm sure it's little more than a handful of discontents. How long can they last, without support from the Morienn proper? It can't be long." He stopped, thinking to finish there, but as the questioner opened his mouth again, the Morienn nobleman reopened his mouth, hoping to sow a bit of doubt with a question. "Surely we have the men to hold them down, even after the bulk of our forces take to the field come spring?"

Cespenar
2010-05-10, 02:46 PM
Ralen

Keeping half an ear on Illrien's conversation, Ralen stares into the crowd intently, trying to see if any Kalo arcanists made it to the party. It would be an important information, Ralen thinks, if he would ever try to cast a spell during the occasion.

Toliudar
2010-05-11, 10:48 AM
Jahanne

Jahanne raises her voice to compensate for being at abdomen height.

"You surely can. I've been having trouble getting a straight answer out of your junior functionaries when it comes to understanding what your longer-term needs are going to be. We're happy to help supply your armies, but craftsmanship and transportation both take time. Who do I talk to about getting a straight answer about Kalo's needs NEXT season, so that we can start to prepare?"

VinGoodman
2010-05-11, 11:07 AM
Wilmorn

Wilmorn adjusts the glasses before responding. "That is a great question indeed! I intend to write the definitive book on this era..." Wilmorn feigns a glare at Ralen, hoping to hint at the academic competition at at stake here, before he returns his attention to the men. "...and I would love to hear your thoughts on this supposed "Resistance" and how you think it will be dealt with. I hope to be able to capture your insights for posterity's sake."

Wilmorn pauses for effect, to let those last words linger a moment. "How silly of me, I fear I have not the honor of knowing your names. May I inquire as to whom I have the honor to be speaking with? I am Wilmorn, and am myself most happy Lord and Lady Kharand offered me this opportunity to meet and speak with such knowledgeable folks as yourselves."

Zjackrum
2010-05-11, 03:25 PM
Jahanne

The three men share surprised glances as you go on the offensive.
"Ah... Of course..." One stammers. "You see, dwarven craftmanship is so excellent, that outfitting our elite soldiers with your people's goods is a high priority."
"It's simple really," Another takes over. "The probability of victory in a one on one engagement increases with the quality of the equipment. Naturally we wouldn't waste this on the lower rank and file, but -"
"What we really need," The third one takes over. "Is for the dwarves to continue to bring arms and armor sized for humans in as large amounts as you can. I'm sure the Emperor will compensate you for your troubles. Tell me, how is Hammerfist doing these days? I heard there was some trouble recently?"

As Illrien speaks, the group listens with apt attention. Before one of them has crafted a response, Wilmorn takes advantage of the silence to speak.
"How entertaining! A modern historian!" One older man says with a grin and a twiddle of his mustache. He introduces himself, but you immediately forget such an unimportant fact. He puts an arm around Wilmorn in a friendly manner. "You know, I believe this 'Morienn Resistance' is nothing more than a few off-duty members of the city guard trying to keep their jobs intact! Now I want you to quote me on that, you know... We've successfully pushed Morienn back to north of the river, and once we solidify our hold here we will be marching north in the Spring."

Kemble

Doing your best to look servant-ish, you wander down the hallway. The general din picks up quickly as you walk, and you guess judging by the light and sound eminating from it that an opening further ahead on your right will lead to the party. At the end of the hall you see what must be the servant's stairway to the second floor.

Tyreus
2010-05-11, 07:05 PM
Kemble goes up the servant's stairway in search of something he may take to the guest so he isn't wandering among the nobles empty handed.

Zjackrum
2010-05-12, 08:06 AM
Kemble

You walk casually down the hall, stealing a glance to your right - the party appears to be still in it's opening stages, with guests gathering in a large anteroom.
At the end of the hall you step softly up the stairs, finding yourself on the second floor. The stairs continue up to the third floor if you wish. The sounds of the party have all but receded as you find yourself in the quiet, secluded upper halls of the private residence.

VinGoodman
2010-05-12, 09:07 AM
Wilmorn nods in appreciation. He motions to one of the servants for more alcohol. With a toast to the man's prosperity, he continues the discussion. "That is an amazing theory. I'll be sure to include that in my analysis of this so called Resistance. Do you know what esteemed general will have the honor of leading the march North? Surely they will not leave such a momentous campaign to some young upstart without experience."

Tyreus
2010-05-12, 10:22 AM
Kemble searches the room for anything of importance, then stealthily makes his way up to the third floor.

Search: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]

I'm just going to use these hide and move silently checks for the rest of the evening. :smallbiggrin: