PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Building my barbarian also:To or to not be a werewolf

Touchy
2010-02-07, 08:33 PM
Horror is not the right word for it, although we are primarily fighting things along the lines of Werewolves(which we are not supposed to get infected by, just for a note), vampires(again, not supposed to), yaun-ti(I spell that right), psionic death worms(Probably not anytime soon), I'm going to assume generic undead, and the likes. As a level 2 barbarian, I want to build myself to fight creatures along those lines, I already got a silver'd weapon(unfortunately nothing that can gain a bonus from me being a Neanderthal), any suggested feats and such? Scratch that, the adventure chain is over, and I can either become a werewolf or be cured of it, also general advice for building a barbarian.

My character is here
http://www.roguepenguin.com/castellar/profiler/view.php?id=4669

The rules for my character creation are here.
http://ravenmarches.wikidot.com/character-creation

Unfortunately I'm a freebie, so I don't have books, I'm only using from the SRD and the crystal keep.

Touchy
2010-02-07, 09:17 PM
Double post; Apparently I can take levels AS A WEREWOLF if I want to, so yes, I can become a werewolf. Apparently the quest chain is over though, so along with free healing of it from a church there, I can become a werewolf.

The only problem is, I have to waste atleast two levels for it, 1 for taking a level werewolf, 1 for taking a level in wolf.

Tehnar
2010-02-07, 09:26 PM
I can't see your sheet for some reason, so some generic advice. Some might not be applicable at a low level.

- have various weapons at your disposal (blunt, piercing, slashing, good aligned,etc)
- potions of lesser restoration are quick ways to get rid of nasty effects that might be plagueing you
- Endurace -> Steadfast Determination are very good feats to take for a barbarian. Your Will save will skyrocket, and you don't autofail fort saves on a natural 1 anymore.

Touchy
2010-02-07, 09:30 PM
I can't see your sheet for some reason, so some generic advice. Some might not be applicable at a low level.

- have various weapons at your disposal (blunt, piercing, slashing, good aligned,etc)
- potions of lesser restoration are quick ways to get rid of nasty effects that might be plagueing you
- Endurace -> Steadfast Determination are very good feats to take for a barbarian. Your Will save will skyrocket, and you don't autofail fort saves on a natural 1 anymore.

possibly fixed it. Will consider those feats, since I am at the church, they are offering me to a cure for the disease, or I can embrace it and take class levels in it.

Rasman
2010-02-07, 09:59 PM
possibly fixed it. Will consider those feats, since I am at the church, they are offering me to a cure for the disease, or I can embrace it and take class levels in it.

IMO, take the cure, ESPECIALLY if you don't get full BAB with the werewolf, you're just better off straight barbarian, at least that's the way I'd play it, not to mention, it sounds like your DM is dangling a poisoned carrot out in front of you

Touchy
2010-02-07, 10:15 PM
IMO, take the cure, ESPECIALLY if you don't get full BAB with the werewolf, you're just better off straight barbarian, at least that's the way I'd play it, not to mention, it sounds like your DM is dangling a poisoned carrot out in front of you

I doubt he pull that kind of trick, he has tough campaigns(Until I got the silver weapon, also does silver include all damage reduction or just werewolves?), but I doubt he is trying to do that to me. I'm already not looking forward to taking it, mostly because I really do not want to roleplay chaotic evil, but if the stat benifits are GREAT enough for it to be a good idea, I shall(Or unless I get infected by something more crazy awesome, like a were-mammoth).

If you want a better idea, visit the campaign's wiki (http://ravenmarches.wikidot.com/), I also suggested him advertising here(though I should of checked the rules for it, he does like OOTS though) for his campaign, kind of open-world, and generally allows us most anything.