PDA

View Full Version : [Any System] It was the most logical thing at the time

falconflicker
2010-02-07, 08:43 PM
In my group's D&D 4E campaign, we have a tendency to macguyver our way through the trials our DM throws at us. In today's session, we had to figure out a way to keep ourselves from dying when we found ourselves on the wrong side of an erupting volcano -- namely, INSIDE. We were trapped within part of a red dragon's lair, with spikes blocking the way out. Discovering a large rock with a noticeable crack in it on the ceiling, we blasted the rock out of the ceiling (with the last of our C4 -- don't ask), which landed on some melted gold coins, gilding the bottom. We then launched the makeshift raft up over the spikes and right into the column of ash and debris. We then rode it up into the plot-important portal at the top, which then left us somewhere else clearly lacking in ground and in freefall. On the first trip down, the party flipped the raft-rock over and made a sail out of a tent and a retractable 10-ft pole (three guesses what that was originally intended for). Thus was born the flying gilded rock boat. We then proceeded to rescue a wayward party member from harpies while in freefall between two portals, before being ejected upwards through the down portal, whereupon the normal rules of gravity took effect and promptly removed the "flying" part of the boat's title.

Anyone else have any examples?

Grushvak
2010-02-07, 10:07 PM
I have no example of my own but you should sell the rights for the motion picture adaptation of your post to Michael Bay.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-02-07, 10:10 PM
I had a campaign in which I got mummy rot, and since I would not have been able to make the saves over the entire night to live, the party used a want on me and finally got flesh to stone, and then back. It was really rather creative.

oxinabox
2010-02-07, 11:08 PM
I had a campaign in which I got mummy rot, and since I would not have been able to make the saves over the entire night to live, the party used a want on me and finally got flesh to stone, and then back. It was really rather creative.

I love it,
I also Love the OP

last night in nWOd :CtL, a player was being seduced by a vampire (he didn't know she was a vampire)
he tried to intimidate her, fail and she responed I'm the scary one here,
She draws two stileto's and presses them to his armpits (nice and clost to alot of arteries)
me (ST): Roll intitive as to weather she gets to stab you first.
SHe wins, stabes him hard, but he immediatle grabs both wrists and intitiate grapple.
and the stupid little git,that she was, never saved anouugh vitae for mesmirse or vigor so was basically a weak 15 year old sluttly emo chick)
So was left with a chance die to escape grapple.
He over powered her easily, disarmed, then put manicals on her (during this time she broke free acouple of times but he caught her)
He then Nailed her top the deck with her own stilleto's and then his sword.
it was now redilly apparent that she wasn't going to die from wounds.
(My vamps may be kinda house ruled like that...)
So he still didn't know that sunlight or stakeing would put a decent stop to her,
so he dessember her, and removed he teeth and eyes.

Bibliomancer
2010-02-07, 11:10 PM
When assigned to ambush a rather powerful party of elven warriors to prevent them from relieving the mindflayer led siege of their town, the players in my evil campaign managed to set up an incredibly elaborate series of fortifications and pit traps blocking their predicted path within a few hours. They dug out rules on ditch-digging from 2e and used a few mercs with them to establish a pit to trap their horses and then fireball them.

The high level elves got through, but horseless and much delayed. The rest of the order (the low level ones on foot) that followed an hour or so later were slaughtered to the last haughty humanoid.