PDA

View Full Version : Villains It'd Be Fun To See Return

Phoenix Xul
2010-02-07, 09:06 PM
Alright, as we all, I'm sure, notice, there are a lot of one-off (Two-off, etc.) villains from various strips that had no definite fate. Any you can think of that would be an interesting return? My top two:

1. The chimera. Undead or something, just to prove Haley wrong.
2. The Demo-Dwarf and Shadow-Dude from the inn with Miko. They're too great to just leave off.

Any other ideas?

Ranger Mattos
2010-02-07, 09:15 PM
Leeky Windstaff, just because I love druids.

veti
2010-02-07, 09:25 PM
Alright, as we all, I'm sure, notice, there are a lot of one-off (Two-off, etc.) villains from various strips that had no definite fate. Any you can think of that would be an interesting return? My top two:

1. The Hydra. Undead or something, just to prove Haley wrong.
2. The Demo-Dwarf and Shadow-Dude from the inn with Miko. They're too great to just leave off.

The dwarf and shadowdancer have appeared (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0535.html) again. I think they're kinda a low-grade running gag - like the lawyers, or the flumphs, or Yikyik's family - with the potential to be reused as many times as necessary.

I like the weasel (or whatever it is) here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0174.html). But I don't have high hopes for its further character development.

Starscream
2010-02-07, 09:26 PM
Trigak, just because we were told he wouldn't return.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-07, 09:27 PM
I'd like to see more of Zz'dtri, because I'm a sucker for the silent types and for dark elves, and I'd like to see more Hilgya, because she gives more character development for Durkon. :smallsmile: (And I thought that Pompey and Leeky Windstaff were funny.)

Conuly
2010-02-07, 10:02 PM
I also want to see Hilgya again, and maybe that chimera which was "obviously supposed to be a recurring villain".

Oh, and Xykon. I want to see a bit more of him, too :P

bsparrow
2010-02-07, 11:30 PM
Ditto on Zz'dtri, because I am also a sucker for dark elves (as if my avatar didn't give that away) :smallbiggrin:

Also, several of the Thieves' Guild folks, like Chuck the arcane trickster, and Jenny the rogue-slash-bard, and definitely Hank. I think there's a lot of potential for interesting guild dynamics there that never got fully explored.

ThePhantasm
2010-02-07, 11:39 PM
Eh, the only one mentioned in this thread that would be worth it is Hilgya.

Pyron
2010-02-08, 12:53 AM
Hilgya riding a zombie-Trigak.

Turkish Delight
2010-02-08, 01:43 AM
The Goblin that bounced off Durkon's shield. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html) We never actually saw him die, y'know. Clearly the Giant is saving him up for the Last Battle.

Dr.Epic
2010-02-08, 03:01 AM
How about the Linear Guild already. Seriously, there not the main antagonists of the story but come on. They're important. I know Rich has this story plotted out and the Linear Guild will appear when it's time but this long await is unbearable. Can't we just have a strip or two showing what they're doing at this point?

TriForce
2010-02-08, 09:32 AM
id figure samatha wouldnt be a bad choice, yes shes dead, so what :P
also, miko :) but im not going to discuss that, just naming her can be enough for a flame war

Neopolis
2010-02-08, 09:52 AM
Heh... Demo-Dwarf.:smallamused: If I were a BAD demo-dwarf, I wouldn't be sittin' 'ere, discussin' it with ye now would I?

Alex Warlorn
2010-02-08, 12:10 PM
I'd like to see the return of

SOD SPOILERS
* Barky! Xykon' undead pet dog who he actually LOVED! *
END SOD SPOILERS

Also like to see the return of Baron Pinapple and the Holely Brotherhood!

Zeta Kai
2010-02-08, 12:26 PM
It'd be nice to see Miko return. Or at least half of her. :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-02-08, 12:29 PM
It'd be nice to see Miko return. Or at least half of her. :smallwink:

*collects Miko*

*collects pieces of ABD*

*tinkers*

I give you... Miko - the Undead Half-Dragon Monk/Paladin! :smallbiggrin:

ref
2010-02-08, 05:24 PM
rogue-slash-bard-slash-sorcerer.

Kish
2010-02-08, 05:27 PM
*collects Miko*

*collects pieces of ABD*

*tinkers*

Otherwise known as, "Vaarsuvius ate what right before going to sleep?"

mjo625
2010-02-08, 06:10 PM
*collects Miko*

*collects pieces of ABD*

*tinkers*

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mjo625/Mikodragon.jpg

Reogan
2010-02-09, 03:59 PM
How about an undead Miko/Samantha abomination? I'm sure Tsukiko would be happy to help with that.

licoot
2010-02-09, 04:04 PM
How about the old hobgoblin leader who kind of just vanished off after redcloak took over

Phoenix Xul
2010-02-09, 04:44 PM
I kinda assumed that was Jirix.

Bradakhan
2010-02-09, 05:02 PM
How about an undead Miko/Samantha abomination? I'm sure Tsukiko would be happy to help with that.

I present to you The Terminator The Miko / Samantha Abomination
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/greyshadow0/mikosam.png

Optimystik
2010-02-09, 05:40 PM
I present to you The Terminator The Miko / Samantha Abomination
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/greyshadow0/mikosam.png

The horror and awe have me barely able to type.

In other words, kudos :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2010-02-10, 08:19 AM
Any other ideas?

Kubota. As a ghost.
Just to prove that the combo Disintegrate-GoW, isn't always perfect.

Dr.Epic
2010-02-11, 03:39 AM
I'd like to see the Lawyers return.

Kastanok
2010-02-11, 06:57 AM
Heh... Demo-Dwarf.:smallamused: If I were a BAD demo-dwarf, I wouldn't be sittin' 'ere, discussin' it with ye now would I?

You, sir or madam, win One Internet.

I can imagine Demo-Dwarf (heh, that is always gonna make me giggle in future) and Shadow-Dude appearing again in relation to Tyrania, acting on the tyrant's orders.

And Trigak just for kicks in a publication-only bonus comic. I'm calling it here, now.

Scarlet Knight
2010-02-11, 09:41 AM
Me want Thog! Me wait long time for Thog to return. No Thog. Me see picture in demon TV room. Hope rises like bubble in root beer float. Still no Thog. Scarlet Knight will rage until Thog returns...if Scarlet Knight can get cross-class skill....

:smallfurious:

MickJay
2010-02-11, 09:52 AM
Hilgya seems to me most likely to reappear, although Trigak would definitely be fun to see again.

Liwen
2010-02-11, 10:09 AM
Darth Vaarsuvius, only this time using her magic effectively.

autoglassmaster
2010-02-16, 01:02 PM
It's kind of distressing that it took Hilgya the better part a decade to not reappear whatsoever. That was really left open.

Also, I would be all for Miko returning, if she wasn't killed off for everyone hating her. Although she could still pull a Red Hood, I suppose...

Ancalagon
2010-02-16, 02:45 PM
Hilgya seems to me most likely to reappear, although Trigak would definitely be fun to see again.

... but she might not re-appear as villian...

Acero
2010-02-16, 06:04 PM
Not really villans But these guys

1) the monk that the Order chose Belkar over.

2) Miko's Husband (if she has one.)

Ancalagon
2010-02-17, 05:24 AM
2) Miko's Husband (if she has one.)

*choke*
This is new. What strange Demon made you think Miko could have a husband? In fact, I would find it to be more than just "quite" surprising to learn she even had a single boyfriend in her life.

KeeperOfMadness
2010-02-18, 11:42 AM
The only person I'm really dying to see again is Hilgya. I suspect we may have a long wait however -- anyone else think that her trist with Durkon might result in a tiny bearded bundle of joy? Or at least a baby?

Nilan8888
2010-02-18, 12:01 PM
What would be neat is if Giant did something modeled on 'Best Man Fall' from Grant Morrison's invisibles.

That is, take a random character and have a comic pretty much entirely devoted to them and what happened. And maybe showing the OOTS in not such a good light from that perspective.

Giant's already done this in some respects, most notoriously in the V storyline. Still, a comic depicting the life and death of a Goblin just toiling away in the Dungeon of Durokan until he's stabbed in the back by Belkar, Roy or even Elan would be a fantastic little twist.

"Yes. It is happening."

Raging Gene Ray
2010-02-18, 04:15 PM
Also, I would be all for Miko returning, if she wasn't killed off for everyone hating her. Although she could still pull a Red Hood, I suppose...

Miko wasn't killed to please her haters. She was killed because the plot called for it and Rich wanted to make her symbolize ordinary people who WOULD want to correct their mistakes, but don't get a chance to.

Also, I want Hilgya to return. The comic just seems incomplete without some form of closure. But then again, maybe Hilgya will personify people who have break-ups...and that's it.

Nilan8888
2010-02-18, 04:42 PM
Miko wasn't killed to please her haters. She was killed because the plot called for it and Rich wanted to make her symbolize ordinary people who WOULD want to correct their mistakes, but don't get a chance to.

Not to second guess you but... are you sure about that that last part?

Even the last comic with her alive doesn't have her repent anything, and Soon himself seems to hint that even NOW, if given the chance, she still wouldn't admit to any mistakes.

I felt more along the lines that she was meant to symbolize religious zealotry -- although it could be zealotry of any kind -- and how it had a firm basis in narcissism. In the end all the good deeds she did was about her doing good things first, and actually helping people second.

Acero
2010-02-18, 07:37 PM
*choke*
This is new. What strange Demon made you think Miko could have a husband? In fact, I would find it to be more than just "quite" surprising to learn she even had a single boyfriend in her life.

It would be interesting. Maybe a family member or something like that?

The Succubus
2010-02-18, 08:37 PM
I find it unlikely that Miko would have a husband:

:roy: "You can't even tell me you'd be this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0408.html) tightly wound if you were recieving Treasure Type O regularly."