PDA

View Full Version : The Second Draconic War - II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Scorer
2010-02-07, 10:17 PM
This text is just to put the title where I want to...

The Second Draconic War

http://www.abpm.com.mx/scorer/tsdw-party.png

General Guidelines

- PbP Game using D&D 3.5 Ruleset
- Homebrew Campaign Setting
- 4-5 Players
- Starting Level 1
- Rolled Starting Money
- Preferently Player Handbook Race/Class/Feats
- Nothing homebrew
- Abilities will be rolled (explained later)
- No Evil Aligments
- Multiclassing allowed without penalty at 2 classes
- All player Die Rolls should be visible. DM rolls will be done spoilered and should never be seen by players unless the DM allows.
- Homebrew Variations:
A) Additional Campaign Bonus Feat every 5x multiplier level (5th, 10th, 15th, etc)
B) Additional Campaign Bonus Ability +1 every 7x multiplier level (7th, 14th, 21th, etc)
C) 15% chance of stabilizing instead of 10%
D) Action Points allowed when unlocked. Which means you can't use Action Points until the're unlocked.
E) I have a table on how Natural 1s are treated. Will be posted later.
F) I will be using Rich Burlew's system of Diplomacy checks.
- Character Story Background Prefered (Will give you bonus XP points) Create mostly character stand-alone story. Geographic, historic, social data will then be adapted.
- Game tries to be a balance between RP, Hack and Slash and Puzzle solving.
- Character sheets should be on-line available.
- I will NOT start the story in a tavern.
- Please use ITALICS when your character speaks. Use plain text for character actions. You may talk Out of character here, but please don't metagame.
- You may (and I recomend) talk about race/class combo before creating character, so you find a good balance in your team. Consider this story is intended to reach epic levels in the last chapter.

Character Creation Guide

- You will roll your money as per Handbook rules, depending on your class choice. Then you can Puchase your gear freely.
- Rolling abilities will be as follows:
A) You will roll 10 times 4d6b3(Better 3 of 4d6). Roll in this thread.
B) Once you have your 10 results, ignore the best 2, and the worse 2. You then have your abilities.
C) You now can add 1 to any of the 6 results left.
D) Distribute Freely.
E) You may re roll all only ONCE. If you decide to reroll, you forfeit the first results.
- Hit Die at first level goes maximized. Then it will be rolled every other level.

Roleplaying Guide

- Although obvious, while roleplaying please avoid the urge to anticipate your fellows' actions, reactions, etc. This is a rude behavior and I beleive it is called godmodding in the general PbP forum rules.
- Please use ITALICS when your character speaks. Use plain text for character actions. You may talk Out of character here, but please don't metagame.
- The time limit for posting responses/actions/reactions/speech is 2 days. After that time, the game will procede as if the player decided to stay mute and innactive. In case a votation is taking place, his vote is null.
- The DM will never reveal target numbers (AC, DC, etc...). DM will only comunicate roll results.
- RAW will be followed as much as possible. If we find ourselves in a situation where RAW go against the rules of Real Life Logics/Physics, we can work it out.

Anything that passed me by, can be asked and will be answered gladly. (And new rules will be eventually incorporated.)

The most important Rule: Have Fun! (or be smacked by my whip :smallwink:)

Main image Avatars made by Rich Burlew, used under permission by the Board Rules as Avatars provided by Mr. Burlew himself. Rules found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1). However, if this image is violating the Forum Rules in any way, contact me to remove it inmediatly.

Scorer
2010-02-07, 10:27 PM
List of Characters

{table]Player | Character | Class/Level | Sheet URL
Scorer | Dungeon Master
Sallera | Kern Sylis | Diviner 4 | Link (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=3844)
Hustlertwo | Drace Sterling | Paladin 4 | Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157269)
Strangie | Luis Castille | Rogue 4 | Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=163148)
Psionic Dog | Milo 'Arf' Nexthill | Barbarian 2 | Link (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8899)
[/table]

{table]MIA/Retired Player | Character | Class/Level | Sheet URL
Lubirio | Harry Longhorn | Monk 3 | Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157084)
02youeng | Garth "Thunderscream" Reynord | Bard 2 | Link (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7261)
Tanaric | Braem Athera | Druid 1 | Link (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34217)
[/table]

Progress

Prologue: Completed
Episode 1 - The Ilusionist: 100%
Episode 2 - The Swell of Gratt 7%
Episode 3 - Coming soon...

Scorer
2010-02-07, 10:30 PM
Useful Data

Natural 1 Handling

Whenever in combat you would roll a Natural 1 in an attack with a weapon, a d% should be rolled. Depending on the result is the effect. Splash weapons maintain their RAW procedure. Natural Weapons are inmune to dropping. If a Natural weapon is broken, that means you can't use it until magically healed plus receive the damage rolled. This table applies to enemies as well. When using Masterwork weapons, substract 5 to the %roll.

{table]d% Result|Effect|Description
0-50|May Drop Weapon|Roll a Dexterity check. DC = (d% Result ÷ 2)
51-60|Drops Weapon|Roll 1d9 to know where it landed. 1 = Behind, and Turn clockwise. 9 = in your same spot.
61-90|Friendly Attack|Roll 1dx (with x being the number of friendlies in the battle) to see which friend you attack. Assign numbers freely.
91-99|May Destroy Weapon|Roll a Dexterity check. DC = (d% Result - 80)
100|Destroys Weapon|Nothing you can do about this, except buying a new weapon.[/table]

The Continent Map

http://www.abpm.com.mx/scorer/Masavian.png

This is supposed to be a papyrus map.

Siánodel - Artic woods region controlled by Elves.
Túrendel - Cold Wood region controlled by Gnomes.
Hojaté - Greenlands inhabited by Halflings.
Gratt - Defensive Islands controlled by Dwarfs.
Valtlán - Huge City controlled by Humans and inhabitated by some other races.
Teocán - Desert region inhabited by some rogue humans.
Úngart - Template to Warm Peninsula controlled by Dwarfs.

The grouping of tiny dots represent cities/towns/villages

1.- Taepec. You hired the fisherman here.
2.- Harpy Nest.
3.- Orc Camp. You found King Zenal here.
4.- Mystic Mountains.

The World Map - Locked

Lan-Saha

Rules

1. Once paid, there are no paybacks.
2. Player can use any weapon, object or spell, as long as he has them available.
3. If player reaches negative HP, s/he gets autostabilize, but cannot go any further and will be cured to wake up (1 HP.)
4. If player dies (-10 HP) s/he will be resurrected for free. (S/he still loses a level)
5. To gain experience, the player most not die or fall in negatives. (If you got Diehard or Rageclaws, you may reach negatives.)
6. Player can volunteerly retire after each of the 10 battles. S/he wins the XP gained up to that point.
7. To unlock next Level it is imperative to finish all 10 battles of the current Level.
8. Special prize given to the players who finish all Levels.
9. Before battle, players may choose their starting gear.
10. If players wish so, they may 'collapse' several battles at the same time.
11. Entry fee is equally divided between all participating players. XP is divided between conciouss players.
Level 1

Cost: 60 gp
{table]Battle|No|Monster
1|x1|Bat
2|?|???
3|?|???
4|?|???
5|?|???
6|?|???
7|?|???
8|?|???
9|?|???
10|?|???
[/table]

Level 2 - Locked

Cost: Locked
{table]Battle|No|Monster
1|?|???
2|?|???
3|?|???
4|?|???
5|?|???
6|?|???
7|?|???
8|?|???
9|?|???
10|?|???
[/table]

Previous Threads
The Second Draconic War - I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126777)

hustlertwo
2010-02-07, 10:38 PM
Strangie, in response to your statement about parentheses, that's actually what we used originally, back before you and Tan showed up. I'm not 100% sure why we changed, I think one or two wanted to and no one else really cared, myself included. So you can probably put the question forth again, although I think my opinion is still "I don't really care one way or the other." And yeah, an initiative order would be good.

Tanaric
2010-02-07, 10:39 PM
Let's get this show on the road. :smallsmile:

As far as OOC comments go, spoilertags just look infinitely better when reading the thread.

Scorer
2010-02-07, 10:53 PM
DM Scorer

Initiative is like this.

Braem

Luis

Harry

Kern

Orcs

Garth

Drace

Mallard

Hold on a second, I'm going to give you the Orc positions in a minute...

Scorer
2010-02-07, 11:44 PM
DM Scorer

http://www.abpm.com.mx/scorer/TajMarsh2.jpg

There are orcs in:

N12, M12, M13, N14, N15, O14, Q14, P11, Q12, R12, S12, T14

All of them are sitting except the one in P11

Ok, now Tanaric, please repost Braem's actions and keeping the rolls you got earlier.

Also, everyone gets surprise round.

hustlertwo
2010-02-07, 11:49 PM
Cool, very helpful. Where are we again?

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 12:01 AM
For convenience:http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9336/sdwmap.jpg

"Quickly while they're distracted!" Braem whispers, before whirling his sling in a tight arc and releasing a stone at the standing orc.

Braem fires his sling at the orc in P-11: [roll]1d20+1[roll] for [roll0] damage.

Anya partial charges to R-11 and bites at the orc in R-12.
Attack vs flatfooted AC (-2 AC for Kneeling vs melee for kneeling): (1d20+5)[12] for (1d6+3)[6] damage.

If hit, trip check: (1d20+5)[10]

If successful, free attack vs flatfooted prone AC: (1d20+5)[24] for (1d6+3)[5]

Sita partial charges to T-13 and bites at the orc in S-12.
Attack vs flatfooted AC (-2 AC vs melee for kneeling): (1d20+7)[18] (including flanking bonus) for (1d6+3)[4] damage.

If hit, trip check: (1d20+5)[21]

If successful, free attack vs flatfooted prone AC: (1d20+7)[25] for (1d6+3)[9]

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 12:03 AM
Rerolling that. [roll0] for [roll1]

Scorer
2010-02-08, 12:23 AM
DM Scorer

Miss for Braem and hit for both dogs. Rolling trips opposed...

Orc 1
[roll0]

Orc 2
[roll1]

And your dogs don't get Free attacks for succesful trips.

EDIT: Looks like both Orcs are tripped

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 12:25 AM
Too used to playing tripper builds, sorry. I thought the dogs had Improved Trip for some reason. :smalltongue:

Edit: That 6 damage didn't kill the one orc?

02youeng
2010-02-08, 12:44 AM
Do I still have my Bard songs and spells, or am I out of them?

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 12:48 AM
Everything was refreshed for everyone before Braem was introduced to the party.

Strangie
2010-02-08, 12:58 AM
Okay, NOW it is Luis' turn.

He is going to shoot the one in T14.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack, if applicable: [roll2]

02youeng
2010-02-08, 01:06 AM
Garth unslings his mandolin, chanting out an inspiring, uplifting song, adding his voice to the chords. Mingling magic and song, the beat lends rhythm to his friends blows, allowing them to time their strikes more accurately. Flashing his customary grin again, he puts Drace between him and Orcs, letting the more martial members of his crew get to the enemy without interference. They also happen to be better at taking hits from arrows too, but he didn't let them know that.

Cast Inspirational Boost, then use Inspire Courage.

[roll0] [1 fails]

Everyone gains +2 to hit, damage, and saves against Charm and Fear

I know I posted out of turn, but I'm out all day today. Use this whenever it should be, I don't want to hold anyone up anymore.

Scorer
2010-02-08, 01:12 AM
DM Scorer

Luis misses, and Garth effects take place in his turn, not before.

Lubirio
2010-02-08, 10:38 AM
At Luis's miss, Harry moved towards the same orc, calling out, "Do not worry about me, I'll take this one." and at the end of his casual stroll kicks the orc in the face brutally.

Unarmed Strike on the orc in T14, nonlethal damage, we can take this one captive when I'm done with him. :smallwink:

[roll0]
[roll1]

... or, you know... we could all miss and die. :smalltongue:

Sallera
2010-02-08, 11:24 AM
Kern

Raising one arm, Kern draws a razor-thin blade of ice out of the air, taps it on the side, and launches it toward the group. It shatters upon impact, releasing a spray of shards.

Ice Knife at the N13/O14 intersection, hitting the orcs in M13, N12, N14, N15, and O14.
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC5.
[roll1] cold damage, Reflex 14 for half. I hate damage rolls without modifiers...

Strangie
2010-02-08, 11:37 AM
Whatever, is all Luis says at Harry's statement and following miss.

Scorer
2010-02-08, 12:18 PM
DM Scorer

The Orcs start to react and [roll0] of them stand up, but still flatfooted.

Garth's effect go now and it is Drace's go.

EDIT: All of them stand up, except the one in N15

EDIT2: Ah yes, the ones tripped are still tripped.

Scorer
2010-02-08, 12:22 PM
DM Scorer

Rolling saves:

M13, [roll0]
N12, [roll1]
N14, [roll2]
N15, [roll3]
O14, [roll4]

Scorer
2010-02-08, 12:25 PM
DM Scorer

Which means that the orcs at M13, N14 and N15 are in the land of negative HP.

hustlertwo
2010-02-08, 12:37 PM
Didn't see starting locales...can I move to P-16 so I can have two orcs in range with no others within range of me? Oh, and we need LoS in round 75 if the few people here not in that match are feeling generous.

Scorer
2010-02-08, 12:41 PM
P16 is just fine, go ahead.

hustlertwo
2010-02-08, 12:59 PM
Attacking orc P-14...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Scorer
2010-02-08, 01:00 PM
Hum... there's no Orc at P14, there is one in O14 and one on Q14

hustlertwo
2010-02-08, 01:28 PM
I meant Q-14.

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 03:29 PM
Anya and Sita continue savaging their tripped opponents, while Braem reloads his sling and fires again.

Braem fires his sling at the orc in P-11: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Anya continues biting the orc in R-12.

[roll2] vs prone AC for [roll3]

Sita continues biting at the orc in S-12.

[roll4](including flanking bonus) vs Prone AC for [roll5]

Edit: All of those rolls should be 1 higher; I only accounted for a +1 bonus from Garth's song, not the +2 thanks to his Inspirational Boost.

Also, this probably takes place after Mallard's turn, if he's going to do anything.

Strangie
2010-02-08, 03:38 PM
Garth's bonus is actually +2 thanks to his spell.

And therefore now that it is my turn I'm gonna try to clobber the orc in S12. Unfortunately, I lack Precise Shot, so I'm gonna drop the bow, draw my morningstar and move up next to the wolf in T11 (sorry forgot to place my position.

Attack: [roll0] vs. prone and flatfooted.
Sneak Attack (since I don't think the orcs have acted yet): [roll2]

Lubirio
2010-02-08, 03:41 PM
the orcs haven't acted yet because it's currently their turn, not Bream's or Luis'... :smalltongue:

Strangie
2010-02-08, 03:43 PM
I thought the previous round was the surprise round? That would mean Braem and Luis would get to go again because the orcs didn't get a chance to act (because they couldn't)

Tanaric
2010-02-08, 03:45 PM
That's right. If it wasn't a surprise round, then I wouldn't have had Anya and Sita partial charge (they wouldn't have been able to, not being restricted to a single action and all).

Surprise round > Initiative > Normal actions

Since Braem and Luis are above the orcs in the initiative order, it should have been our turn again. (And Harry's, I suppose.)

Edit: And Kern too.

hustlertwo
2010-02-08, 04:27 PM
Yeah, everyone gets two rounds on them before they do anything, 'cept for me and Mallard, since had lower init.

Lubirio
2010-02-08, 04:51 PM
Ooh, nice, in that case, my full turn is an unarmed flurry of blows, nonlethal damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Of course... :smallsigh:

Sallera
2010-02-08, 05:03 PM
Kern

Drawing out a blade point downward, Kern traces a small circle in the air in front of him, then draws an almost invisible substance out of it with his other hand and slashes through the connection. A slight rush of air is audible as he closes his fist, and then whatever it was is gone, although the gnome holds his dagger at the ready.

A little confusion here, but I think we're around to Kern's turn again. Not doing much anyway, just casting Mage Armor.

hustlertwo
2010-02-08, 05:14 PM
Aye, it was your go, and now we wait for the orcs to have a turn before 02, me, and the NPC finish out the round.

Scorer
2010-02-08, 10:32 PM
DM Scorer

Drace's attack hit and wolfs die.

Mallard Turn 1

Attacks the one in P11

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

End of Turn

Now, Braem misses and both Sita and Anya hit and kill their respective Orc, which makes your attack now unnecesary Luis, you may revise your turn.

And Mallard misses...

Strangie
2010-02-08, 11:43 PM
(I'll attack the orc in T14 instead, then, from U13. Should I reroll my attacks and stuff or do you want to keep the same ones?)

Scorer
2010-02-09, 12:28 AM
DM Scorer

New Page Initiative reminder

Braem

Luis

Harry

Kern

Orcs

Garth

Drace

Mallard

Scorer
2010-02-09, 12:34 AM
Ok, so I missed a whole page hahahahaha, yes using your rolls you kill your orc...

DM Scorer

Now it is turn of the orcs

The orc in O14 5' steps to P15 and attacks Drace, he then falls unconciouss.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The orc in M12 charges Sita and end up in S13. EDIT: Forgot to add +2 for the charge...

Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

The orc in P11 5' steps to Q11 and attacks Anya.

Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

The orc in Q12 also attacks Anya.

Attack
[roll6]
Damage
[roll7]

The orc in N12 starts to flee and ends up in L7and then out of LoS...

Garth's go now

02youeng
2010-02-09, 02:22 AM
Seeing the immense bravery of the Orcs, as they fall upon the animals, Garth draws his sword and enters the fray. "Snivelling dogs! Pigs born in filth! Let me show you how to use steel!" He charges out of the undergrowth after placing his beloved mandolin gently on the ground, behind the bushes, before barrelling blade first into an Orc...

Charge the Orc at S13, ending up at T13

[roll0]
[roll1]

02youeng
2010-02-09, 02:24 AM
Garth exclaims loudly as his sword bites into a vital area hard, pushing with all his strength to follow through with the blow...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Strangie
2010-02-09, 09:13 AM
Luis strikes down his target with a swift, two handed blow that socks the orc right in the stomach, mashing up more or less everything contained inside. Have at you! Oh wait, you're already dead. Nevermind! He glances at the fleeing orc. Oh, bloody hell. There's no way any of us could run or shoot that thing when it's already run THAT far. Hey! He gestures at Braem, then points down the field at the fleeing orc. Think you can get one of your dogs on that? Wolves? Whatever.

hustlertwo
2010-02-09, 11:50 AM
Attack on me was a miss, by the way.

Drat and double drat! Anyone in the area of the cowardly orc, withdraw and run him down! Don't worry about the rest of us, this battle nears its end.

Drace moves to Q-14 to attack the orc in Q-12 hitting on the dog (ha).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2010-02-09, 11:51 AM
Need an update on which orcs are still alive before I move the dogs. Don't want an unfortunate AoO to take Sita down. :smalleek:

hustlertwo
2010-02-09, 12:07 PM
Well, I'd wager good money that the ones Garth and Drace attacked are no more, each one got 13 damage. The one that attacked me was obviously at 0, since he went unconscious afterwards, so he doesn't matter. I am curious though; if these guys were sitting, how did the one flee out of LoS? It'd be a move action just for him to get up. For that matter, most of them shouldn't have been able to attack at all. Or was the surprise round to cover them getting up?

Tanaric
2010-02-09, 12:23 PM
Yes. They got up at their initiative count during the surprise round, if memory serves.

Scorer
2010-02-09, 01:01 PM
DM Scorer

Indeed, they just got up in the surprise round and yes, Orcs hit by Garth (with Critical) and Drace are gone gone gone. The remaining orcs are Q11 and Q12, plus the one who escaped out of LoS.

Scorer
2010-02-09, 01:02 PM
DM Scorer

Mallard Turn 2

He readies an action.

End of Turn

hustlertwo
2010-02-09, 01:10 PM
Q-12 was the orc I killed.

Strangie
2010-02-09, 01:19 PM
I don't think any of us are near the thing, and I can't even see it now. If we can't get it, we might have to leave this area very quickly, folks.

Luis calls out to the orcs, in their own tongue...
Language: Orc "You are outnumbered! You haven't a chance! Surrender now! Fleeing will only ensure your death!"

I guess this would count as an Intimidate or something? Not that Luis is very intimidating with his +0 Cha mod... maybe he'll get a bonus for actually trashing one of them and the rest of the group pretty much wiping out the crowd. [roll0]

To those not familiar with the language, Luis just shouts a bunch of harsh noises in an aggressive tone.

Scorer
2010-02-09, 01:25 PM
You're absolutly right Hustler, only the one in Q11 is left...

DM Scorer

After your Orc sayings, nothing special happens.

Tanaric
2010-02-09, 01:31 PM
"Anya and Sita will ensure that that one does not reach its target. Focus on the one still standing!"

Free action to handle the AC to follow the orc, move action to order the Wild Cohort, move action to reload sling.

Anya and Sita take a Run action in the direction of the fleeing Orc. This should bring them into Charging range on their next turn, which they will do.

When they can:

[roll0] for [roll1] and a trip check of [roll2]

And

[roll3] for [roll4] and a trip check of [roll5]

Scorer
2010-02-09, 01:37 PM
Question, both Anya and Sita go for the fleeing Orc? or one of them takes the one standing in Q11?

Tanaric
2010-02-09, 01:39 PM
Both of them go. I don't want any mishaps with an already wounded animal.

Strangie
2010-02-10, 02:41 AM
(Luis will attack the orc in Q11, moving to P12 to do so (around it, of course, to avoid AoOs)

Attack: [roll0] - Probably a miss.
Sneak Attack? [roll2] (I don't think it applies here as there is nobody I could move in with to allow me to get the flank, though if I can, I will move into that spot instead to do so if I can within 30' of movement and not provoke an AoO from the orc.)

Blast it, Luis curses under his breath. Come on, you bloody orc, it's either my way or the hard way and it looks like it's gonna be the hard way so put 'em up!

Scorer
2010-02-10, 10:43 AM
DM Scorer

Indeed, miss; even with a flank which there isn't.

Strangie
2010-02-12, 11:03 AM
(Um... so, whose turn is it? I think Harry's turn, right?)

Lubirio
2010-02-12, 06:05 PM
Harry, watching the orc in front of him felled, calls out angrily, "Do we not want to capture one of their number? Luis! I was making an attempt to knock him out, rather than end his life immediately." Singling out another target, Harry mvoed to the nearest orc, and jumps up to kick it in the face.

I'm taking the Flying kick feat as soon as I can...

Charge, ending in a nonlethal unarmed strike...
[roll0]
[roll1]

I don't remember which orcs are still alive and which aren't so he goes to the nearest orc.

Sallera
2010-02-12, 06:12 PM
Kern

"I suppose your friends can catch up to that runner far better than I can, but still..." Blade at the ready, Kern runs off in the direction the fleeing orc was heading.

Just trying to get them in sight and make sure I can toss an attack the orc's way if something untoward happens.

Strangie
2010-02-12, 07:29 PM
Well if I let you waste time flailing about at it, he probably would have run away too. Or killed you. Who knows. I'm sure there's one of them that hasn't bled to death yet so don't get your elf ears in a knot already, Luis said, shaking his head and rolling his eyes as he grips the morningstar in his hands again.

(Not to mention I think Harry just rolled a 1 and is probably not helping his own case any, haha)

Scorer
2010-02-12, 10:39 PM
DM Scorer

New Page Initiative reminder

Braem

Luis

Harry

Kern

Orcs

Garth

Drace

Mallard

Also, Harry needs to roll that Natural 1. Orc turn will come afterwards.

Scorer
2010-02-14, 11:16 PM
DM Scorer

Ok, I'm taking the Natural 1 shot myself. [roll0]

EDIT: That would be a drop weapon roll, but as it is "natural weapon" it is inmune... Orc Turn coming...

Tanaric
2010-02-14, 11:17 PM
Since Braem is up first, what happens with the dogs?

Scorer
2010-02-14, 11:21 PM
Since Braem is up first, what happens with the dogs?

We will know in Braem's turn, we're on the orcs turn now...

Scorer
2010-02-14, 11:31 PM
DM Scorer

The last Orc takes a brave attempt and charges Luis

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
If Crit
[roll2]
Additional Damage
[roll3]

End of Turn

Garth's Turn now

Tanaric
2010-02-14, 11:36 PM
...Oh. I thought they killed the last orc last page. :smallredface:

Strangie
2010-02-15, 12:10 AM
Luis ducks swiftly under the orc's attack, pivoting on his feet as it swooshes by him. Well, my friend! It would appear that you SUCK. He gets ready to return the favor on his turn, gripping his morningstar in both hands.

02youeng
2010-02-15, 03:29 PM
Seeing his friends bicker about leaving an Orc alive to...have a gentle conversation with after the battle, Garth, pleased with his first blow of the battle, counter-charges the last Orc, trying to smash it in the back of the head with the pommel of his sword. "You want a hostage, you've got one coming right up gentlemen...allow the bardic extrordinaire help you out with this!"

Non-lethal attack with my longsword against the last Orc. I'm a little confused with the positions, but I believe I can both charge, and get a flank against it. If not, subtract the appropriate amount from my attack roll.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Strangie
2010-02-15, 03:49 PM
(I don't think it matters with that kind of roll. Man, we're kinda not doing very good with this are we, ahaha.)

hustlertwo
2010-02-15, 06:03 PM
Bah, not all of these freaks will die from their wounds. If necessary, we can dose one with a spot of healing and then question away. But I suppose I can try for the KO instead of bloodletting.

Drace moves to attack the lone orc with the flat of his guisarme.

[roll0] (it's -4 for nonlethal, right?)
[roll1]

Strangie
2010-02-15, 06:23 PM
(Yes it is. I think that might be a hit, too.)

Scorer
2010-02-15, 08:28 PM
DM Scorer

And with that hit, the Orc vanishes and is now unconciouss... The dogs who went after the last orc kill him relentlessly.

End of Battle.

XP Gained: 300 each one.

hustlertwo
2010-02-15, 09:41 PM
Bollocks...size of our party is cutting into XP gains. But at least things went smoothly.

Drace grins when he sees the blood on the muzzle of Braem's dogs.

Excellent! I don't want to jinx us, but this seems to have gone quite well indeed. Would someone with some level of competency in this area like to bind our captive, so that we might rouse him and begin the inquisition? For that matter, do we have anything to bind him with? Or should we simply do this at swordpoint instead?

Strangie
2010-02-15, 09:48 PM
Luis pulls out a length of silk rope from his pack, holding it taut in front of him with a tug and a grin. Yes, and yes. At your service.

He then proceeds to prop the orc up, binding him with said rope.

(Use Rope Check: [roll0] - +7 skill modifier, +2 circumstance for silk, +10 according to SRD because binding is easier than escaping)

Sallera
2010-02-15, 09:51 PM
That, and it was a bunch of 1HD orcs. 300's nothing to complain about. :smalltongue:

Kern

"Better than it could have gone, anyway. A good thing we've got your companions, Braem. Still, I'd say we should probably bind our captive, finish the rest, and get a fair distance away before we start asking questions." With a small sigh, the gnome sets about slitting throats, attempting to avoid getting any blood on his clothing.

Tanaric
2010-02-15, 10:34 PM
"Before anything, I must tend to Sita. I am surprised he was able to continue after taking such a blow," Braem says, frowning at the corpses of the orcs. He calls a bloodied Sita to his side, then murmurs the words to a spell. His fingertips glow with a soft white light briefly, and as he passes them over the dog's gaping wound, flesh slowly knits itself together.

Once finished, he looks at the orc being trussed up like a winter solstice turkey."I could bring him awake now if you like, though I wouldn't advise it if you intend to fight more of these creatures today."

Lesser Vigor on Sita, healing 12 HP over the course of 12 rounds, though technically he only took 11 points of damage.

That's also a level for Braem, though it doesn't net much without a rest.

hustlertwo
2010-02-15, 11:42 PM
Well, I'm still in tip-top shape, but I'll put the matter to a quick group vote: should we press on to the orc encampment and continue the attack, or withdraw with our hostage, to interrogate him and have another day to rest and prepare?

Scorer
2010-02-16, 12:51 AM
DM Scorer

Mallard looks at you with a worried expression and then says:

LtC Mallard: Your question is quite understandable, however, every passing moment, the King may run further risk. But that is just my humble opinion, you all are the ones to decide. I will follow you in any case.

Tanaric, remember to roll your Hit Die when leveling up Braem.

Sallera
2010-02-16, 12:54 AM
Kern

"Well, we should get moving regardless. Don't want another patrol to come across us while we're busy. Garth, do you think you could bring him around once we're out of here? We should see what information we can extract before making our decision." Wiping the blood off his fingers and knife, he sheaths the blade and starts walking back the way they came.

Tanaric
2010-02-16, 01:02 AM
[roll0]

I'm going to roll a 1, just watch.

Also, a reminder for Sallera to finish her Incarnate for my game, because I'm impatient like that. :smalltongue:

Sallera
2010-02-16, 01:02 AM
Working on it right now. Done everything except backstory. :smalltongue:

02youeng
2010-02-16, 09:38 AM
Want to buy house-ruling that Bards have the level 0 healing spell, heh. They get all the others except Heal up to level 6, so I never knew why they didn't get that one.

"Am I the only one capable of wielding a bucket of water? I used the most potent of my magical power in that fight, and my minor powers don't include healing. He'll wake up by himself soon I enough, I bet, I'm impressed that he dropped after being hit in the head only once. Orcs have thick skulls, from what I understand." Retrieving his mandolin, sheathing his sword, Garth adds "Once we're out of this god-forsaken wilderness, and in the comfort of civilisation again, I should be able to expand my magical repitoire with the reward money we get for this. Until then..." he trails off, shrugging.

hustlertwo
2010-02-16, 11:03 AM
It's all about who that one blow comes from, Thunderscream. There doesn't seem to be a consensus one way or the other. For now, I suppose we will stay here and interrogate; it's unlikely that another patrol will come upon us just within the next few minutes. From Braem's report, we may have already wiped out about 10% of their forces in this little skirmish. They can't have more than a couple patrols of this size while still maintaining any sort of presence at their base. Garth, since you seem so up on the idea, fetch the water and rouse the captive. Then I'll speak to him in his barbaric tongue and see what can be gleaned.

02youeng
2010-02-16, 11:14 AM
"I still have our supply of water, there's plenty spare. Shall we move him, or will we be quick here? I imagine that they'll eventually be missed, and if we can't scare him into talking fast, I'd rather not be on the receiving end of an ambush." Garth hands a waterskin to the Paladin, before taking the Orc's weapons and throwing them away into the bushes. "However...what do we do once we're done with him? Does your honour allow you to kill an Orc in cold blood? While...gruesome, it's the safest choice."

hustlertwo
2010-02-16, 11:26 AM
No, vile as they are, it's difficult for me to justify such an action when no longer in the heat of battle. Although whatever happens after I've turned my back is, of course, not my business. Although if he cooperates, we may be obligated to turn him in for imprisonment instead of outright execution.

So, whenever he does get revived, the first thing I say, in Orcish, is "If you answer these questions, it may save your life. How many other orcs are in the camp, are there any other patrols around, and where are you hiding the king?" No idea what kind of check is needed here, if any.

Strangie
2010-02-16, 03:32 PM
Hopefully he doesn't ruin that rope any. That was good rope. Silk! Let's just make this quick...

Luis kneels down next to the orc, keeping his morning star in both hands, the grip in his right hand and his other hand just under the ball of the weapon. He eyes the orc for a moment, shaking his head. I've had a bad history with these guys, you know. Mercenary employers would pick them up all the time... with the promise of blood, glory and gold. Let them run around, taking whatever poor wench crosses their path and that they can carry off... He frowns deeply, and pokes the orc in the head with the butt end of his morningstar. Bah. Damn, bloody orcs... He stands up, holding his morningstar in one hand now, resting the other end on his shoulder, and waits for the interrogation process to begin.

Scorer
2010-02-16, 10:21 PM
DM Scorer

The orc starts to react, he suddenly tries to escape but he is bounded and he falls to the ground and starts to make noises similar to that of barking. Drace comes near and (I'm guessing) without getting him up, he starts to ask questions. The orc replies:

@Orcish speakers

Bah! You not know the strength of the orc people. I will never betray my comrades in our divine mission.

Sallera
2010-02-16, 10:43 PM
Kern

Unable to understand the orc's speech, Kern moves toward Drace and taps him on the arm, whispering into his ear. "If it won't talk, let me know, but quietly. Leading questions and a bit of mind-reading might go a long way."

hustlertwo
2010-02-16, 11:50 PM
Orc speakers only

"We can find out this information easily now that we've removed your patrol. I have stealthy comrades who can spy on your encampment and glean all of these things. You betray no one, you simply save us some time, and in turn spare your neck. Because I can assure you, if you remain silent you will die, and your death will have served no purpose. Moreover, what is this divine mission? If you believe it to be a task from the gods, than surely a mortal such as myself cannot hope to stop the will of deities, so there's no harm in telling me your goal."

Drace whispers to Kern in Common:

So far, no good. I'll let you know if things seem hopeless.

Scorer
2010-02-17, 10:57 AM
DM Scorer

@Orcish speakers

I'm more intelligent than that you know? I will never speak and if dying is the way I can help our mission, then dead I will be.

hustlertwo
2010-02-17, 11:11 AM
Drace nods to Kern, and says It's time.

Sallera
2010-02-17, 02:15 PM
Kern

The gnome sighs. "Very well, then. You have fun with your prisoner." Walking off out of the orc's line of sight, he mutters a spell, then turns and focuses on the orc and Drace.

Casting Detect Thoughts. Will saves, DC14, from the orc and Drace. Kern can't understand the questions or the answers, so he's hoping to work it out from the thoughts of both as they're asked.

Scorer
2010-02-18, 01:56 AM
DM Scorer

Orc Save: [roll0]

Scorer
2010-02-18, 01:59 AM
DM Scorer

Kern starts sensing something:

You feel the touch of a home, far far away. It is in danger, your family is in danger. He then comes and promess to help if you help him. He embarks you with many other to the west continent. You help establish a base in a marsh. There's a lot like you in there working for the same goal.

Scorer
2010-02-20, 02:14 AM
Hum... you waiting for something?

Sallera
2010-02-20, 12:06 PM
Kinda waiting for Drace to make his save and start asking questions, so I can try to read some answers...

hustlertwo
2010-02-20, 12:35 PM
Save: [roll0]

So I can't just auto-fail the save, be a pliable mind or something?

Edit: Scheisse! That 16 could have come in handy in a match instead of screwing up the mind reading. So what now/

Sallera
2010-02-20, 12:45 PM
Oh, you can choose to fail if you want. Just wasn't sure whether he would.

hustlertwo
2010-02-20, 12:54 PM
Why not? If I was going to resist it, there'd be no sense in asking you to cast it.

He fails, then, and wishes he's not rolled.

Orc questions:

Let's try this again, sub-creature. Tell me where the King is, how many other orcs are with you, whether there are other patrols in the area, who you serve, what your mission is....spill your guts or my comrades will do it for you!

Scorer
2010-02-20, 01:20 PM
DM Scorer

Orc says:

@Orcish

I will never tell you anything!

@Kern

You start sensing this:

"I wonder which King is he talking about? I know a few kings... There are many orcs with me... Im scared. Yeah! 2 patrols, well, I guess only one, we're done for now. I serve my captain, my mission is patrol this part of the marsh and what does he mean? I'm scared. Is he going to make his comrades spit their guts? Not even us do that... Sick twisted humans, they amaze me everytime. I really don't wanna die."

Sallera
2010-02-20, 03:34 PM
Kern

The gnome sighs, then walks back over, keeping the orc in the spell's range as he speaks. "Right then. I don't know if he speaks Common, but he's clearly not too bright, so I think we've gotten all we can out of him. Not likely that lowly grunts like this get trusted with important information."

Scorer
2010-02-22, 01:09 AM
I'm waiting on your actions here again. :smallsmile:

Sallera
2010-02-22, 01:16 AM
Does Kern sense anything new from the orc as he speaks?

Scorer
2010-02-22, 11:54 AM
DM Scorer

Nothing new, aside from being hungry. It would appear that the orc speaks no common...

Sallera
2010-02-22, 12:17 PM
Kern

"Right, as I thought, no Common. At any rate, it would seem he doesn't know much. There's one more patrol out there, and all I could get about their masters was that someone came to them on a different continent, brought them here for some unknown reason, and had them establish this base here in exchange for help with some danger." Kern waves a hand at the orc. "Also, he can't seem to decide whether to worry more about dying or being hungry. Any more questions, ask them now. I can't keep this up much longer."

hustlertwo
2010-02-22, 01:00 PM
Well, I suppose his breed didn't kill their captives, at least right off, or we wouldn't have Luis with us. So I say we strip him of any weapons or armor, either to use ourselves or more likely simply toss into the river. Then we gag him and find somewhere to stash him until we've finished off the rest of his clan, or at least the second patrol; possibly with that boat captain who brought us in, or Braem's winged fiends, if they can control their vicious urges. Once the primary orc force is neutralized we will have to march whatever ones among them survive back to Valtlan for imprisonment.

Say in Orc:

Since we are not as barbaric as your people, your life will be spared despite your unwillingness to aid the good people of this country. If you attempt to escape, however, we will be forced to cut you down in order to keep you from warning your comrades.

Strangie
2010-02-22, 04:57 PM
Well, I'm going to want that rope back at some point anyway, so let's make sure we come back for him. That was some damn fine rope.

In Orc: Not that you could escape anyway, so don't bother trying.

Scorer
2010-02-22, 11:32 PM
DM Scorer

Orcish speakers

Orc: Good people of this country? That old man said "Good" is relative. He then explained what that means, and I remember I liked it. And don't worry, just leave me something to eat and sure I will stay here.

hustlertwo
2010-02-23, 12:05 AM
Drace leaves a trail ration pack with the orc captive, opened since obviously he won't be doing it himself.

Well, seems to be all we need to do here, unless someone wants the less than enviable position of looking over the bodies for items of value. As soon as everyone's ready, I say we set off in search of the other patrol. Any idea where it is, Kern?

Sallera
2010-02-23, 12:09 AM
Kern

"Not exactly. The orc said he was assigned to patrol "this part of the marsh," which likely means the other one isn't exactly nearby, but I can't direct you any further than that."

02youeng
2010-02-23, 06:20 AM
Garth shifts his weight uneasily as the conversation in Orcish continues. Seeing Drace hand him a ration, he asks out loud "First you talk of killing him, then hiding him, then you leave him here in the open, with food? What did he say to you that convinced you of his complience so, Drace? And how do you know he's not lying? I trust your honour, but not his, and I don't understand a damned word you say in that filthy language." The bard spits on the ground, grasping and letting go of the hilt of his sword repeatedly. "I would not ask to become his executioner, but I don't understand why the sudden kindness. Also, how do you know he doesn't speak our language?"

In the flash, Garth draws his blade and presses it against the Orc's neck, not deep enough to slice him, but close. "Speak, or I'll make you bleed, you filthy, slime-begotten spawn of a one-legged mongrel and a dirty tramp! Tell me what you're hiding!" Barking in his face, he grabs the front of the Orc's armour, shaking him whilst making sure the Orc cannot grasp him with his much more muscular arms.

[roll0]

Scorer
2010-02-23, 10:53 AM
DM Scorer

The orc looks at you with a puzzled and scared expression. He then says.

@Orcish

What did I do this time?

hustlertwo
2010-02-23, 12:01 PM
Killing him seemed more justifiable before I remembered Mallard and Luis. If we kill our prisoners, and they allow their own to live at least for some undetermined amount of time, it becomes somewhat difficult to continue occupying a moral high ground. And as a paladin it's something of a job requirement for me to do so.

In Orcish:

Your comrades have done much to hurt the people of this region. This one who threatens you was nearly slain in an unprovoked attack recently. More than once, if memory serves. If you have any other information it would be good to tell us now, as I do not know that I can stop him from harming you in retribution. Meaning you can choose between helping us and being safe and well-fed, or possibly dying here, without ever getting to see your home or your friends again. And it won't even help your comrades at all; we already know of the other patrol, I'm afraid.

Diplomacy? [roll0]

OOC:

We're probably pumping a dry well here, but since he rolled such a good Intimidate check I figured I would try once more. After this, let's just move out.

Scorer
2010-02-23, 12:10 PM
DM Scorer

Just a reminder that we're using Mr. Burlew's Diplomacy system

@Orcish speakers

Exactly what "much hurt" you're talking about, as far as I know we haven't done anything wrong.

hustlertwo
2010-02-23, 02:16 PM
Orcish (sorry everyone else, hopefully this is over soon, I know it's no fun being excluded):

Attacking unprovoked, taking innocent people hostage and leaving them in dungeons...do these seem like the actions of polite society to you? Moreover, why do you think you are here, with a large group of armed orcs? Do large masses of soldiers outside of their home territory usually mean anything but impending death for someone else?

Strangie
2010-02-23, 06:07 PM
Garth... Luis says as he walks over, standing next to him. It said, 'What did I do this time'? I really don't think it understands the Common tongue. Orcs aren't typically bright enough to be billingual. Though I do admire your ability to be a thug as much as the next rogue, let's relax a little because from the info I've gathered from this conversation that other patrol is a ways from here.

02youeng
2010-02-23, 08:43 PM
"My apologies," Garth offers acidly, sheathing his sword and letting go of the Orc. "It is not like my first encounter with these...things resulted in a spear in my body, or anything. I'll scout ahead, continue whatever you want to do with it without me. I fear I'm not helping the situation." Garth walks a short way to the south, just until he is out of sight of the group, before stabbing the ground with his blade, trying to breathe deeply, letting the anger of being insulted by someone he helped save pass...

Strangie
2010-02-23, 10:16 PM
Luis folds his arms, watching Garth stomp off in his hissy fit. Well, it's not like I like them much either, you know, having been captured by them and all. He turns to Drace. I think we ought to wrap this up and move on.

In Orc, so only he and Drace (and the orc, for what it matters) can understand:

Thunderscream is about to do just that, if you know what I mean.

hustlertwo
2010-02-23, 10:54 PM
Save the hostility for the orcs, you two. Garth, suffice to say you'll have plenty of opportunity to continue revenging your earlier indignities from these beasties before the day is through. But rest assured that your sacrifices and suffering in the name of our cause will never go unrecognized. But I'm not about to have us go around treating our captives worse than the supposedly subhuman orcish breed. As soon as this last tactic either succeeds or fails, we'll let him eat, gag him, and toss him somewhere out of sight. Then we go off to hunt the next patrol. On the way back we shall come back, retrieve Luis's rope, and take this one with us back to the capital, or at least to the community on the border of the marsh. As well as any other prisoners we might accrue during the fighting, though I don't intend to go out of my way to save any of them, they made their choice. What the authorities do with them from there is their own business, not mine. Until then, we can treat them roughly, but I want them alive. No disintegrations.

Scorer
2010-02-23, 11:41 PM
DM Scorer

Orc says:

We've captured no one.

OOC

Just noting that Luis was captured by goblins, not Orcs.

hustlertwo
2010-02-24, 12:28 AM
Actually, weren't there orcs present? Or bugbears, or something? I know we fought something medium-sized. In any case, the groups are clearly related and even a grunt should know about this. But we'll let it slide and get this thing moving.

This orc's got no more intelligence to give us. Heck, he had precious little to begin with. Let's get a move on.

In Orc: Hurry and eat. Remember, if you do not attempt to escape, we will not harm you. But if you do, and we find you, say goodbye to your orcish balls.

After the orc finishes eating, Drace gags him with clothing from one of the dead orcs, and leaves him near the battle site.

Figure that if they find this slaughtered patrol, they'll already know we're here. So also finding this bum here won't help them much.

And then the group presumably goes off in search of the next patrol.

Scorer
2010-02-24, 12:33 AM
You actually never did rolls of knowledge, for those mediums, but to set clearness, goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears. No orcs there. The only other orcs you've seen are those in Micen's House.

hustlertwo
2010-02-24, 12:36 AM
I figured the medium things might be bugbears, since they were so tough to bring down. So, is that all we need to move on to finding the next patrol, or do we need to specify something else about where we're going and whatnot?

Scorer
2010-02-24, 12:37 AM
You're good to go. Just ask Braem to take you there.

hustlertwo
2010-02-24, 01:09 PM
I think we're all set. Braem, lead us on to the next patrol, we shall see if our luck holds.

Scorer
2010-02-26, 12:00 AM
DM Scorer

Maybe Bream is thinking it very very thoroughly? (is this correct spelled?).

Tanaric
2010-02-26, 01:42 PM
:smallredface: Didn't see that you were waiting for me, sorry.

"As you wish, Drace Sterling. Though I am not convinced of the wisdom of this... we were fortunate this time around, and I will be of little use if events go poorly when next we fight."

And off they go.

Scorer
2010-02-26, 01:58 PM
DM Scorer

If I understood correctly, you're looking for the other patrol. Time for checks. The usual, spot listen search track...

Sallera
2010-02-26, 02:02 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

Lubirio
2010-02-26, 02:03 PM
I don't have Track, but Survival should be able to work with DC10, so here goes:

[roll0] Typical...
[roll1] Really...
[roll2]
[roll3]

02youeng
2010-02-26, 10:43 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Strangie
2010-02-27, 01:53 AM
(Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

Can't use Survival without Track anyway, so...)

02youeng
2010-02-27, 03:12 AM
You can track without the feat, but only up to a DC 10 check. Any higher, and you can't without the feat.

Scorer
2010-02-28, 02:08 PM
DM Scorer

So, with those rolls you go around the marsh for almost a day and find nothing except some steps that appear to be orcish, and they're headed towards Valtlán. The tracks seem as if they were several days old. It is almost night by now.

Lubirio
2010-02-28, 02:18 PM
Don't Bream's dogs have Survival? He didn't roll for them yet...

Scorer
2010-02-28, 02:19 PM
Yup, I waited the 2 day rule, but neither he or Drace showed up.

Lubirio
2010-02-28, 02:29 PM
I see, interesting, I'm willing to wait for them some more for this time around, as both don't seem to be inactive, because being silent works very well with how Harry is, stoic and all... :smallwink:

Tanaric
2010-02-28, 02:44 PM
I thought I said previously that the dogs would take 10 on the checks. They get a +2 bonus if tracking by scent.

*shrug*

If I'm holding things up, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't know when you're waiting on me sometimes.

hustlertwo
2010-02-28, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't see any point on rolling anyhow, I don't have a mod for this stuff.

Well this has been a bust. I suppose we'll need to go back to our prisoner and set up camp for the night. Afterwards, we'll follow these tracks to wherever they lead; if the whole group is headed towards Valtlan, they'll be too large to make good time. We should catch up to them fairly easily.

Scorer
2010-02-28, 03:48 PM
DM Scorer

The group of footsteps is of a not large group. Eight orcs at most. You then return to the place where your prisioner is. You gets surprised as you found him dead... appears to have been killed by a blade. You find no trace of his food (as he ate it all before you left him, and before he died.) The silk rope is gone. You find no footsteps to track the killer. You only find your own steps.

Strangie
2010-02-28, 06:25 PM
Luis stares at the corpse of the dead orc they left behind.

God... DAMNIT they took my rope! Luis says, shaking his fists. Bastards! Who the hell skewered our captive, anyway.

Sallera
2010-02-28, 06:37 PM
Kern

The gnome grins at Luis' outburst, then raises an eyebrow as he sees the lack of tracks. "Well, this could be interesting. Don't suppose you've got any other allies we don't know about, Braem?"

Can I tell how he was killed, as in what kind of blade might have done it? Mostly wondering whether it looks like a wound from a slashing blade, or if it seems more like a thrown dagger, since Kern's probably quite familiar with the look of the latter by now.

Scorer
2010-02-28, 06:40 PM
DM Scorer

The throat of the orc is cutted, appears to have been killed by a large knife, or sword. It was a cut made with the weapon wielded, nothing thrown, as thrown daggers would leave a deep, short scar, and this is a large, not deep injury.

hustlertwo
2010-02-28, 07:40 PM
Hmmm. I wasn't thrilled about the burden of dealing with him, and he was our enemy. Still seems a bit tragic, somehow. And senseless. We should definitely be on our guard. Anyone have a notion on what to do now? For that matter, does anyone have any injuries to deal with? Assuming we're about to camp out, now would be a good time, Garth and myself have some leftover healing and it might as well not go to waste.

Tanaric
2010-02-28, 10:53 PM
"None that would do something such as this," Braem says thoughtfully. "At least, I hope not. The harpies may have grown frustrated, but I don't see why they would follow us to this spot and slay a captive. Nor does the wound seem to be made with a weapon they favor. I have no idea what happened." He shrugs.

Scorer
2010-02-28, 10:55 PM
DM Scorer

Indeed, harpies do not use blades.

Sallera
2010-02-28, 11:03 PM
Kern

"Hm. Well, either our mysterious executioner could fly, or the trail was covered magically. Let's keep a careful watch tonight; I'm not sure what kind of person would bother with such measures for the assassination of a peon. Although, don't count on me being able to help you with it. I may need to pay a quick visit..." The gnome shrugs, and gestures toward the river. "Riverbank camp tonight?"

hustlertwo
2010-02-28, 11:25 PM
Can you have that rat of yours bite one of us if he sense anything? That would give us an alert system even if you're off...wherever. Harry should also be good for half the night. Braem! Either of your dogs able to stand a watch? Also, have their postfight wounds been fully knitted? We have healing galore here, people, act now if you want it, as supplies are limited.

Scorer
2010-03-01, 01:27 PM
DM Scorer

Mallard comes close to you and nods affirmatively.

LtC Mallard: I could use some healing...

hustlertwo
2010-03-01, 04:29 PM
I wish I had the forethought to start posting a status report on everyone at the top of the page or something, so these things would be known. If someone else has the gumption to compile it, I'll do my best to keep it up to date.

Anyhow, 3 points of Lay on Hands to Mallard. Fairly sure I didn't use any of it today.

Scorer
2010-03-01, 08:44 PM
I wish I had the forethought to start posting a status report on everyone at the top of the page or something, so these things would be known. If someone else has the gumption to compile it, I'll do my best to keep it up to date.

Anyhow, 3 points of Lay on Hands to Mallard. Fairly sure I didn't use any of it today.

What do you mean by status report?

hustlertwo
2010-03-01, 08:50 PM
Like current HP totals, mostly. Also any effects people have on them, although that hasn't mattered so far. Maybe spells left that day for the spellcasters, but that might be overkill. Definitely the HP, though.

Scorer
2010-03-01, 10:05 PM
Like current HP totals, mostly. Also any effects people have on them, although that hasn't mattered so far. Maybe spells left that day for the spellcasters, but that might be overkill. Definitely the HP, though.

Oh... I see... That would be pretty useful. I wish there was a way to do it in real time.

02youeng
2010-03-01, 11:37 PM
"Heh...I know I was angry, but I didn't do that. I was with you the whole time after I stormed off. Sorry about the rope, Luis." Garth adds sheepishly, a little embarrassed about his outbreak of emotion earlier. "Should we be resting so close to where the Orc patrol was, and so close to where our "friend" was executed?"

Sallera
2010-03-02, 12:26 AM
Kern

"No, as I said, we should head toward the riverbank. Less foliage to be ambushed from, but there's no need to cross it again." The gnome leads the way back to the river, choosing the nearest clear spot to set up camp. "Alright. I'm going to see what I can do, so if you can't wake me, you'll know why." Gesturing Bor toward the others, he heads for his bedroll. "Well, you'll have a vague idea why, anyway. See if you can't work out a proper watch rotation; not all of you need to sleep straight through the night, I'm sure, and under these circumstances we shouldn't rely wholly on Bor."

As he lies down and wraps himself in the bedroll, he attempts to focus his mind, much as he does when he prepares spells. Starting from a blank slate is always important when weaving a spell; while traveling in dreams deliberately is a much more difficult effect to invoke than he could usually manage, if it was possible subconsciously, it must by extension be possible consciously. He just had to figure out how. As the sounds of the others working out a watch fade away, he lets everything else fade as well, calling to mind again the voice of that ever-arrogant magus, and a vision of five coloured stones...

Well, it should be obvious what Kern is trying to do here. Whether it works or not is, of course, a different matter...

Strangie
2010-03-02, 01:37 AM
Eh, don't worry about it, Garth. I'll just have to get a new one. It was expensive, though. Better than that hemp crap I usually had to get back in the day. Kern's right, though. Perhaps Harry and Bor can share watch duties...? Luis shrugs.

Lubirio
2010-03-02, 09:58 AM
Harry was silent for a long time, apparently thinking in himself or some such, and just walking along with the group. When he did speak up however, he spoke only four words. "I will do watch." He wasn't a man of many words, because when many words were used, less words could always be found to say the same thing.

He didn't need much trance either, much less than regular elves even, he knew sustaining his body didn't need a whole lot of energy, and he meant to make it as efficient, as mortally possible. Trance, or sleep in the case of non-elves, was for people who tired out their body, if you don't use it all up, you can last indefinitely. Eternal, like an Ocean.

Just RPing Harry going into the Tattooed Monk PrC, taking the Ocean Tattoo first or second, with it, he'll be sustainable without food, drink, or sleep.

But we should look into Teamwork Benefits, described in the DMGII.

Scorer
2010-03-02, 10:11 PM
DM Scorer

Kern starts to see a blured (or is it blurred¿?) image of an ocean. Kern flies down very close to the surface enough to skim it. You see an island ahead. Just in the moment Kern is about to get there. the vision disolves, you see a big light blur and you wake up. You see your party partners sleeping, except for Harry who stares at you...

Sallera
2010-03-02, 10:36 PM
Kern

"Hmm. Not quite the intended effect," mutters Kern. "But then again, I never expected this to be easy. Damn that mage..."

Scorer
2010-03-02, 10:56 PM
DM Scorer

Kern goes back to sleep and sleeps well. Everyone wakes up in the morning with no eventualities. Everyone recovers 1 HP per level.

Scorer
2010-03-05, 12:09 AM
I'm waiting on you guys.

hustlertwo
2010-03-05, 12:16 PM
Well, assuming there's no new business, lets go stalk around and see about those tracks we uncovered last night.

Scorer
2010-03-05, 08:32 PM
DM Scorer

The hour needed to prepare spells passes without trouble. If you're going to track those other footsteps that are headed for Valtlán, you will need new rolls.

hustlertwo
2010-03-05, 08:35 PM
It was Survival, right? Probably doesn't matter, mod's likely +1 for all these.

[roll0]

That was special. One bad roll out of the way, at least. Oh, and speaking of, your go in the 2v2. And I guess Tanaric might be standing mute for a bit, looks like he hasn't been around much of late.

Strangie
2010-03-05, 09:56 PM
(It's whatever your Wisdom mod is if you're not trained in it. Though I think I get a +2 to survival for finding tracks thanks to have 5 in Search. Yay for synergy!

So here we go, Survival.

[roll0])

02youeng
2010-03-06, 05:39 PM
I'll go for a DC 10 check to Aid Strangie's character, to give him another +2 to his roll

[roll0]

Scorer
2010-03-06, 08:25 PM
DM Scorer

Though Luis spends quite a time looking, he finally finds what appears to be the track that is headed for Valtlán. The tracks seem some days old, almost about the same time you were with Micen. Are you following this track?

hustlertwo
2010-03-06, 08:31 PM
If it's that old, there's no point in trying to follow. For all we know, this was one of the groups that hit us earlier. We're all rested up, nothing else to worry about...let's go deal with the main orc force, and end this menace.

This was just for a small group, right? The orc camp is still there? Oh, and Tan said he won't be online for a while due to personal reasons, so presumably Braem and the mutts will be on autopilot.

Strangie
2010-03-06, 08:53 PM
Bah. You're right. I'm no tracker, but these tracks appear to be made a while ago... Luis stands up straight, dusting the dirt off his hands. Let's just hope they haven't checkmated our king already. Shall we?

hustlertwo
2010-03-06, 08:55 PM
That was terrible, Luis. The fact that we need every available fighter for this mission is the only thing that keeps me from smacking you with some nonlethal damage with the hilt of my guisarme.

Scorer
2010-03-06, 09:28 PM
DM Scorer

So, that means you're headed towards the main Orc Camp right?

hustlertwo
2010-03-06, 09:49 PM
Yep. Ten characters.

Sallera
2010-03-06, 10:46 PM
Kern

"I'd rather find the second patrol, myself, but if we can't turn up evidence of it I suppose we'll have to hope it doesn't show up an an inopportune time."

hustlertwo
2010-03-06, 10:53 PM
The important thing right now is that they aren't here. Won't be showing up to aid their fellows in time. As for where they went, they weren't a large enough group to pose a serious threat to Valtlan. If we survive this, we'll deal with them later. And if we don't, then it certainly won't concern us anymore. As much as I want to try to root the patrol out, we're not likely to be stronger or more ready to fight the main force than we are now.

02youeng
2010-03-08, 08:45 AM
"Aye...I'd like to finish them off before I use my one healing spell for the day. I get nervous without my magic, heh. Once again, I'd like to remind all present that if we were in a city, there would be well-stocked pharmacies around..." Garth starts muttering to himself about how disgusting the wilderness can be

Scorer
2010-03-08, 10:28 AM
I'm confused now, are you looking for the base? or for the other patrol?

02youeng
2010-03-08, 11:58 AM
The base, I believe

hustlertwo
2010-03-08, 12:21 PM
Yeah, the only reason for taking out patrols was to allow us to ambush the camp, and lessen their numbers. Sounds like the other patrol is way gone, so presumably we continue on with the primary task at hand.

Sallera
2010-03-08, 12:24 PM
Well, that sounds more like the group that first attacked us, not the other patrol.

Scorer
2010-03-08, 03:32 PM
DM Scorer

Ok, then. So Braem turns at you and signals to follow him. Both dogs follow him closely. You walk for some time and suddenly Braem stops. He recognizes the place and signals you to stay quiet. He then drops prone and starts crawling hidden in the trees. Ahead and passing a slope you can see this:

http://www.abpm.com.mx/scorer/orccamp.jpg

(nice huh? :smallsmile:)

You can see four watch towers surrounding the camp, each has two orcish archers, about 50' tall. The trees nearby have been hacked (which silently upsets Braem). You can see a large tent in the center, which appears to be the command tent. There are a lot more smaller tents and a few orcs patrolling the outer edges. Everything seems quite calm.

Sallera
2010-03-08, 03:47 PM
Kern

Peering down at the camp from the cover of a small bush, the gnome contemplates the scene silently for a few minutes, then returns to the group, speaking in a low murmur. "Difficult to say how many there are. I'm not sure we've got the firepower to take them all down... hand me that wand for a minute, would you?" Muttering the words to a spell, he gazes at the wand, twisting and spinning it, hoping for a more enlightening perspective.

"Tch. Still can't tell what it does. But it may be very useful... I don't suppose anyone cares to be a test subject?"

Trying a Detect Magic on that wand again, seeing if I can identify it... nope.
Spellcraft, presumably DC26: [roll0]

hustlertwo
2010-03-08, 03:53 PM
Drace whispers to the group.

Those guard towers might be a key. If we can take a couple of them, preferably quietly, our bow-wielders ought to cut down a lot of the opposition while keeping themselves safe. Not sure how to get close with no tree cover, though. I can always make a mad dash at one and try to climb up, but hopefully we have a better plan than that.

Scorer
2010-03-08, 06:36 PM
DM Scorer

When asked for a test subject, Mallard steps forward and accepts the challenge.

Sallera
2010-03-08, 06:51 PM
Kern

Kern beckons the group further away from the encampment, not wanting any particularly obvious display to alert the orcs to their presence. Once they've cleared a reasonable distance, he waves the others behind him. "Don't know whether I'll be able to use this, but if I can't, one of us should be able to," he explains, and taps Mallard on the shoulder with a flick of the wand.

Scorer
2010-03-08, 07:06 PM
DM Scorer

The wand starts to shine in a soft sky blue radiance and then the shine passes to Mallard. The shine disipates. Anyone with Spellcraft can make proper checks to identify the spell.

LtC Mallard: I beleive I feel just the same...

Sallera
2010-03-08, 07:19 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Scorer
2010-03-08, 08:03 PM
DM Scorer

@Kern

You succesfully identify the spell as Cat's grace

Strangie
2010-03-08, 08:29 PM
It would seem that we have a problem... Luis whispers. How shall we strike at them? And what about that spell from that wand? Do you know what it is...?

Sallera
2010-03-08, 09:27 PM
Kern

"Aye, it's commonly known as Cat's Grace. Does about what you'd think. It'll only last a few minutes, though, so if we are to assault this camp, I'll tap us with it right before we go."

hustlertwo
2010-03-08, 09:47 PM
That might help with my mad dash plan. The extra agility will allow me to survive the arrow attacks, and even toss a few sling bullets with some degree of accuracy. I might strap the old shield on too. My only concern is that in order to climb up there we may have to kill them from the ground, or they'll knock my keyster off the ladder. But, assuming we can secure a guard tower, I will stand with Mallard at the base of it, keep them from ascending. Harry and Luis can sit up there and use their arrows to quash our orcish foes. We knock out the orcs in other towers, set up people there, really make a day of it.

Strangie
2010-03-09, 01:20 AM
I unfortunately do not have that many arrows to expend, so unless you happen to find a stash or have some extra, I must make my shots count.

hustlertwo
2010-03-09, 11:36 AM
Well, presumably the archers in those towers will have to possess arrows, or else they wouldn't be much of a threat. That should bolster your stock somewhat. Keep in mind I'm open to other plans, if anyone has one. But with a force this large, we need the high ground, and it seems the best way to get it.

Scorer
2010-03-10, 10:30 PM
So.. hummm what do you do next?

hustlertwo
2010-03-10, 10:48 PM
I'm concerned by the mute nature of some of our comrades, as it does not bode well for our success. But if we die, we die. Better to do that than walk away from our mission. Kern, juice everyone you can with the glow stick. I want Luis going first with me, as well as one of our mages who has 30 foot move speed, if possible, as we try to take out the two orc archers in the southwest tower, where we will be entering from. Mallard, escort the other mages and Harry to the southeast tower after we have the southwest one, and you can try to take it while our ranged combatants in tower southwest fire on them there as well. Once we have both, focus on the ground forces. Each side has a good ranged fighter, who will be boosted by the spell, and a good melee combatant, who will be harder to hit thanks to the magic. Braem's dogs can go wherever, I suppose they'll be at large.

Sallera
2010-03-10, 10:54 PM
Kern

"Well, it's got a chance. I suppose we're going to end up doing this one way or another, so it may as well be now." Drawing a knife, Kern cuts a shimmering circle in the air, pulling out a half-visible something that almost immediately vanishes toward his body in a rush.

With a sigh, Kern waves them toward the camp again. Once they're just out of sight, he flicks the wand toward everyone in turn, applying the spell to all nine combatants. Tucking it into his belt, he motions everyone forward.

Here's hoping this doesn't get us all killed horribly. Casting Mage Armor, then moving toward the edge and Cat's Gracing everyone. Shall we roll initiative, or does anyone have objections?

hustlertwo
2010-03-10, 11:16 PM
Well, a couple of our people have had unfortunate circumstances that makes them post rarely here. So if we wipe, maybe we can just start up another sort of campaign with a smaller, more active group. Besides, there's not really a good way to hit like 80 or 90 orcs, I figure. But yeah, if there are objections, now is the time. I am looking forward to this, though. Only large-scale fight I've done before was Battle of Black Rock, but that was high level and my guy never was in the front lines. Just stayed back spamming spells until the whole thing stalled.

Strangie
2010-03-10, 11:41 PM
Luis gives Drace a thumbs up.

You can count on me, Drace. But I tell you this much - I have no intentions of dying here, not now or ever, until the day I grow old enough to have more wrinkles on my face than there are mountains and valleys in the world.

He nods, and steps forward toward Kern, to receive the Cat's Grace spell, and draws out his bow, preparing for combat.

(Nope, no objections here. Speak now or forever hold your peace, I suppose.)

Scorer
2010-03-10, 11:48 PM
DM Scorer

LtC Mallard: I'm not sure if I understood you well, should we storm the second watch tower at the same time you do so? Or we should attack only once you have taken control of your tower? Also, who is coming with me? And who's coming with you?

hustlertwo
2010-03-11, 11:58 AM
Save your attack for when we have seized the southwest tower. Hopefully by then some of the main force will be heading towards us, and thus away from you. I will take Kern and Luis with me, you will take Garth, Braem, and Harry. Garth's inspiring music, coupled with the spell we've all been infused with, should allow Harry to eliminate the archers so you can seize the tower. Those in your group are less experienced on the whole, but in return you have numbers, and a fair bit of healing should it be needed. Once we take the towers, if anyone becomes injured to the point of nearly being knocked unconscious, they should lie prone; because of the elevation, this should essentially make them impossible to hit. Ultimately, you all know what you can or cannot do out there. If it looks like we simply cannot win, each one of you can make a decision about whether or not to retreat. Our foes are many, and they are strong. But they are also stupid, weak-willed, and fairly easy to slay. It can be done, and we can do it.

Scorer
2010-03-11, 10:07 PM
DM Scorer

Ok, so this is going to be pretty big and in some point I will hate myself for designing such a big camp with so many orcs, but the fun of it is worth all, so please help me by always stating your location, so we don't get lost as much as possible.

You can see two orc archers in each Tower, we will call them by the direction of the towers (ie. NW1, SE2, NE1, etc)

You also can see some orcs sleeping in their tents.

You finally see patrols in the ground:

2 orcs walking in cycles from NW Tower to SW Tower
2 orcs walking in cycles from NE Tower to SE Tower
1 orc walking in cycles from NW Tower to NE Tower
1 orc walking in cycles from SW Tower to SE Tower

Map Reminder:

Time to roll initiatives:

Mallard Init [roll0]
Braem Init [roll1]

Which reminds me... what spells should Braem prepare/have prepared?

Scorer
2010-03-11, 10:09 PM
for some strange reason the map spoiler wont show for me, reposting

Nice map

hustlertwo
2010-03-11, 10:22 PM
I dunno about the spells, never done a druid. Since I guess you're controlling him, should probably be your pick.

Starting position for Drace is N-40. Seems to be the closest bit of tree cover before the tower, presumably means a surprise round or something.

Does killing an enemy usually result in some sort of death sound? Or can it be done undetected?

Strangie
2010-03-11, 10:38 PM
Of course it can be done undetected. A quiet death is always the best.

Anyway. Luis will start in M-40, directly behind Drace.

Init: [roll0]

Sallera
2010-03-11, 10:58 PM
Kern will start in J44.

02youeng
2010-03-12, 03:55 PM
[roll0]

Sorry for not being around much recently, had very limited net access, and I know I wouldn't get DQ'd here like the in the Arena. I've full net again, so I'll be back to posting every day. Which way is my group going? Don't wanna post a position till I know, didn't see a direction for us.

hustlertwo
2010-03-12, 04:02 PM
((You're going towards the southeast tower. Unless you'd rather join the other one, of course. All the people who aren't automated can go with whoever they want, these are just suggestions/instructions for the NPC people Scorer is operating.))

Scorer
2010-03-15, 09:42 PM
DM Scorer

Forgot to roll orc's init

[roll0]

Also, still waiting on Harry's init and start position; and Garth's start position.

So far, init looks like this:

Garth 16+2 BK53
Braem 15+1 BL55
Kern 14+2 J44
Orcs 10+1 EE
Mallard 9+1 BK55
Drace 8+1 N40
Luis 7+6 M40
Harry ?+? ?

02youeng
2010-03-16, 10:41 AM
I'll start in BK 53

Scorer
2010-03-16, 10:48 AM
Are you sure BK53? You're visible on that spot...

02youeng
2010-03-16, 01:34 PM
Gah, no, I'm not sure. Epic sized map made it hard to get the axis in view, heh. BN 53 is the edge of the foiliage, right?

Scorer
2010-03-16, 03:36 PM
Yup, it is :smallsmile:

Scorer
2010-03-18, 12:43 AM
Anyone has heard anything of Lubirio?

hustlertwo
2010-03-18, 11:30 AM
Nope, and it looks like Lube hasn't been on since the 13th.

Scorer
2010-03-18, 08:57 PM
Mhhh... though call, she was quite excited about hitting the camp...:smallconfused:

EDIT: I guess I'll wait till saturday, if she doesn't show up, I will con her as well. :smallfrown:

Scorer
2010-03-21, 12:19 PM
DM Scorer

Very well then, I'm taking command of Harry for now

Harry's Init
[roll0]

Start Location BM54

Scorer
2010-03-21, 12:22 PM
DM Scorer

So, final init looks like this:

Harry 18+4 BM54
Garth 16+2 BK53
Braem 15+1 BL55
Orcs 10+1 EE
Mallard 9+1 BK55
Drace 8+1 N40
Kern 14+2 J44 (delayed)
Luis 7+6 M40

Scorer
2010-03-21, 12:23 PM
DM Scorer

Harry Round 1

Harry stays put, waiting for the right time to attack.

End of Turn

Scorer
2010-03-24, 09:13 PM
DM Scorer

Garth lost his turn, he stays put.

Braem Turn 1

He stays there as well until time is better.

End of Turn

Sallera
2010-03-24, 09:25 PM
Kern delays until after Drace.

hustlertwo
2010-03-24, 09:25 PM
A third of the group in zombie mode...there's not much chance this will work, I suppose.

Kern's turn, I guess? At least Sallera's here.

Strangie
2010-03-24, 10:29 PM
I'm still here. Just wondering where everybody else went...

hustlertwo
2010-03-24, 10:36 PM
Basically it seems to be you, me, Sallera, and then everyone else is under Scorer's control.

Oh, and if Kern delayed, then I guess it goes to the orcs. And then Mallard.

Scorer
2010-03-24, 11:57 PM
DM Scorer

Orcs continue to patrol as mentioned. They are not exactly expecting someone visiting.

Mallard awaits as well for the first team actions.

hustlertwo
2010-03-25, 11:19 AM
I guess it's to me to light this firecracker, then. Where are the orcs near me, and what is on the guard tower for climbing? A ladder, a rope, or what?

Scorer
2010-03-25, 11:40 PM
DM Scorer

Orcs patrolling are in

AQ50
Z23
AB44
BE40
BF23
AZ18

There are stairs from the towers in the two center squares of each side. The stairs are 30' high, use half speed. Stairs are just placed, they are not binded.

hustlertwo
2010-03-26, 12:27 PM
This is it. I'll see you on the other side, folks.

Double move to W-48. Drace is wielding his flail and wearing his heavy wooden shield.

Stats:

HP: 31
AC: 19 (17+2 for Cat's Grace)
??? rounds left on Cat's Grace
Position: W-48
Equipped: flail and shield
Lay on Hands healing 3/3 HP left

Strangie
2010-03-26, 07:02 PM
And by that he certainly doesn't mean the afterlife. So don't die, damnit.

Luis will double move with Drace, staying behind him at V-48.

(I don't think any enemies would be in sneak attack range (30') within a single move... if there are any, let me know.)

HP: 15/15
AC: 17 (Base 10 + Dex 4 (2 from Cat's Grace) + Armor 3)
Position: V-48
Equipped: Shortbow

Scorer
2010-03-27, 10:15 AM
DM Scorer

DM Secret Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Scorer
2010-03-27, 10:18 AM
DM Scorer

slight rewind to Drace turn

@Drace/Luis

When Drace reaches P42 he detects that there's something strange with the soil ahead, it is particulary covered with leaves in Q36xR51. Luis detects this as well.

hustlertwo
2010-03-27, 01:31 PM
Trenches...clever. Surprisingly so, in fact. Appear to be 10 feet wide, roughly 60 feet long. Drace whispers to Luis in Common. Let's see about going around.

Drace uses his remaining 45 feet of move to go to P-51, continuing to move parallel to the trench. I think that's as far as I can get.

Stats:
Position: P-51

Strangie
2010-03-27, 04:11 PM
Luis whispers back. Right. Usually, 'clever' and 'orc' don't go in the same sentence...

Luis will follow Drace and end turn at P-50.

HP: 15/15
AC: 17 (Base 10 + Dex 4 (2 from Cat's Grace) + Armor 3)
Position: P-50
Equipped: Shortbow

Scorer
2010-03-29, 05:46 PM
I beleive it is Kern's turn...

Sallera
2010-03-29, 06:00 PM
Kern will follow to P47.

Scorer
2010-04-01, 11:23 AM
DM Scorer

Ok, so Garth misses his action, and Braem decides to wait further, so it's Orc's turn...

DM Secret Rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

An orc of the nearby tower looks down and notices you...

hustlertwo
2010-04-01, 12:23 PM
So me? Or will the orcs do anything else?

Scorer
2010-04-01, 12:36 PM
DM Scorer

Drace's go now...

hustlertwo
2010-04-01, 01:41 PM
Drace moves down to P-52, then does a straight shot, going 5 feet up the stairs of the tower in Z-51 to end his turn.

Stats:

Position:

Strangie
2010-04-02, 04:47 PM
(Sorry about that delay guys.)

Luis will stick behind Drace at Z-52.

Sallera
2010-04-02, 05:38 PM
Kern follows to what I believe is S52.

Scorer
2010-04-02, 09:12 PM
DM Scorer

Init Reminder

Garth 16+2 BK53
Braem 15+1 BL55
Orcs 10+1 EE
Mallard 9+1 BK55
Harry 18+4 BM54
Drace 8+1 N40
Kern 14+2 J44 (delayed)
Luis 7+6 M40

Kern has been acting after Luis, is this an error? or Kern has delayed after Luis?

Harry decides to wait a bit longer, Garth's turn...

Actually to make things simple, Harry will delay init after Mallard

Scorer
2010-04-07, 07:00 PM
DM Scorer

Ok, Garth loses turn again, Braem decides to wait and Orcs' Turn

Orc Turn 3

The Orc that notices you in SW Tower Sounds the Alarm as Full-Round Action.

The other Orcs in the towers grab their weapons and prepare to attack.

Secret DM Rolls

[roll0]

You see a few orcs waking up inside their tents, actually quite a few.

End of Turn

hustlertwo
2010-04-07, 11:09 PM
Drace double moves and makes it to the top with 5 feet of movement to spare. Where are the orcs in his tower, and what spot can he end in to put one or both of them within his threaten area?

Scorer
2010-04-08, 10:54 AM
DM Scorer

Orcs at AB48 and AC49

hustlertwo
2010-04-08, 11:00 AM
OK, and where am I after climbing the stairs?

Scorer
2010-04-08, 12:12 PM
DM Scorer

AA50

hustlertwo
2010-04-08, 01:35 PM
Then finish in AB 49 (presumably allowed, since it's my first diagonal of the turn).

Strangie
2010-04-10, 04:08 AM
Luis will move to AA48 and fall in behind Drace. */turn*

(Sorry about the delay, guys. My grandpa is in the hospital from a mild heart attack so I might take a couple of extra days to get around to things.)

hustlertwo
2010-04-10, 07:52 AM
Don't worry, things are fairly slow in here anyhow, from missing so many people.