PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Cleric options? 3.5

SethFahad
2010-02-08, 05:16 AM
Ok, I'm not good with clerics....I mean for optimizing them.
We have a Dwarven Cleric 7L with War and Protection Domains in our party.
He gained a level and now he is seriously thinking about PrC. (at first he wanted to go cleric all the way)
He is realy melee oriented and is using mostly buffs and CW spells (and maybe a summon here and then). He appreciates high AC and high dmg. (who doesn't?)
Oh, and he is NG.
So, what would you suggest?

If you need any more info about the dwarf, ask me.

gorfnab
2010-02-08, 05:42 AM
Cleric with War Domain... I would suggest Ordained Champion from Complete Champion. Also look into Contemplative (CD), Divine Disciple (PGtF), maybe even Warpriest (CD), the more domains you have the more options you have available and more domains to sack for bonus fighter feats for the Ordained Champions first level ability.

bigbaddragon
2010-02-08, 07:29 AM
He likes AC. Protection Devotion (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Protection_Devotion) from Complete Champion could help with that.

To further improve his combat abilities he should continue to advance full spellcasting at least until he gets fifth level spells because there are some great spells there to improve his combat abilities like Righteous Might and Righteous Wrath Of The Faithful (this one affects allies to). Holy Warrior (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Holy_Warrior) is also a nice choice at level 9 or after.

A little more details about his build would be good because we don't know what PrCs requirements he could fulfill at the moment. Also the books you have access to.

AslanCross
2010-02-08, 08:06 AM
Cleric with War Domain... I would suggest Ordained Champion from Complete Champion. Also look into Contemplative (CD), Divine Disciple (PGtF), maybe even Warpriest (CD), the more domains you have the more options you have available and more domains to sack for bonus fighter feats for the Ordained Champions first level ability.

I'd go with Ordained Champion as well. It focuses a lot on offense, but it gives full BAB and doesn't eat too much of your caster progression (it's 3/5). It's a much better deal than Warpriest, which has rather steep requirements and only 5/10 caster progression.

SethFahad
2010-02-09, 02:02 AM
A little more details about his build would be good because we don't know what PrCs requirements he could fulfill at the moment. Also the books you have access to.

We have access to all 3.5 books plus Forgotten Realms books. (maybe a few 3.0 as well)

About the prereq. for PrCs we will study your suggestions and see if we can do something.

Vaynor
2010-02-09, 02:19 AM
Well, you obviously need to go into the Ollam PrC. It's made just for dwarves, so it must be amazing!

Regretfully, you're NG. This could pose a problem. Talk to your GM about changing the alignment restriction, it's kind of silly in the first place. Basically, whatever it takes to get into this amazing PrC.

:cool: