PDA

View Full Version : Hexblade's Hex

Beelzebub1111
2010-02-08, 09:05 AM
Okay, so it says that the hexblade's hex is a free action, Errata'd to only once a round. Does this mean that he can use it on another persons turn? And does this also mean that he can use it, cast a quickened spell, and then a normal spell?

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-08, 09:10 AM
1: Not unless stated. So no.

2: Yes.

Optimystik
2010-02-08, 09:14 AM
Okay, so it says that the hexblade's hex is a free action, Errata'd to only once a round. Does this mean that he can use it on another persons turn?

Ordinarily I'd say yes, but on a review of Free Actions in the SRD I read this:

Speak

In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn.

That qualifier is only applied to the "Speak" free action - indicating that other free actions have to be done on your turn.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Sinfire.

And does this also mean that he can use it, cast a quickened spell, and then a normal spell?

Yes - in fact, he can use it while casting spells.

Temotei
2010-02-08, 12:52 PM
On the other hand, it was recommended by one of the creators that it be changed to a swift action, with no uses used up when it fails, and 1 + Cha mod uses. With that, they also mentioned an increase in saves (Fort or Will...forgot which is bad).

Optimystik
2010-02-08, 01:09 PM
On the other hand, it was recommended by one of the creators that it be changed to a swift action, with no uses used up when it fails, and 1 + Cha mod uses. With that, they also mentioned an increase in saves (Fort or Will...forgot which is bad).

Fort is the bad one.

I don't see a problem with making it a Swift Action - it's not like they go around Quickening anything - but it could mess with some magic items, like Belt of Battle.