PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of the Empire

pirateking89
2010-02-08, 12:34 PM
You're ushered into a grand room by a pair of crimson armored Imperial Knights. You hear your shoes click on the polished marbleite floor as you're led down the vaulted chamber to a large table where another circle of knights is standing, all obviously listening to the man on the podium. As they hear you approach, the group parts and allows you to pass by to the front, their armor a rainstorm of clacking as they shove against one another in the jostle.

You come to a halt just short of the podium in the presence of a man few have the opportunity to hear about, let alone meet. Bardan Pellaeon, one of Roan Fel's military and strategic masterminds, is one of the Empire's best kept secrets. He operates through the Knight Generals you see arrayed around you.
Pellaeon wears the standard gray Imperial uniform, although he's chosen to forgo the hat worn by most officers. At his hip he wears a heavy blaster pistol that appears to have been heavily modified as well as a vibro-rapier for personal defense.

He looks down on you kindly, his blue eyes peering deep into each of you for a moment before returning back to the holo he was referring to. His strong, sure hands point out a small planet in the Sartinaynian system.

"You're just in time, allies. If I'm not much mistaken, you're here for your first mission. You'll be working under Master Allez in this project. Your task is to take control of - or destroy - the communication center on Cozran. If you have any questions, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer them. Welcome to the empire."

A'den
2010-02-08, 03:36 PM
A'den Candus Qel Droma walked with the Imperials and his companions at his sides it was a strange place he found himself and he failed to quite mask the small sneer of contempt the crismon armor drew to his face whenever he looked upon them. Luckily the drape of A'den's cloak over his face shadowed the sneer that his lips almost formed, to work for the Empire was galling but then he had done worse since Ossus fell and would likely do worse again.

We take what is given, and I need the creds.

Draped in the same sandy hues, the not-quite-a-Jedi struck a harsh contrast to the Imperial granduer of the room. A chipped, and scraped lightsaber rode openly at his belt his right hand riding on the pommel cap openly, not threatening but relaxed sure of himself. Boots still stained and muddied from the long journey to here. The cloak had an aroma of adventure and few stops into civilization, it was uniform for the Jedi that still clung to tradition in this age.

"You're just in time, allies. If I'm not much mistaken, you're here for your first mission. You'll be working under Master Allez in this project. Your task is to take control of - or destroy - the communication center on Cozran. If you have any questions, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer them. Welcome to the empire."

A'den nodded fondling his lightsaber a moment before dropping his hand to his side he flashed a glance around the room looking for the said Master Allez. Corzan was going to be an interesting job judging by the people at his side.

"Since it seems most of us here have some grasp of the Force it seems whomever were taking Cozran from isn't your average shellhead."

calhexas
2010-02-09, 11:13 AM
Arlan wasn't all that sure of what he was getting himself into. There were Imps everywhere he looked. At one point he thought he may have made a mistake, but what options did he have? Out there he was alone against the Sith. At least here he had friends to fight with. And besides, it was Calynda's wishes that they join the Imperial forces of Fel. He thought about Calynda and how he abandoned her on Nar Shaddaa. He felt horrible about leaving her behind, but he had waited for what seemed like forever. He pondered the fate she met. During the flight to meet with the Imps he tried to convince himself she had escaped, but was merely held up and would meet up with him and the Imps sometime later. He had almost believed his own lie.

As they entered the gathering of Imperial Knights, he noticed a man speaking at the podium. Arlan followed closely what the man had to say. Arlan had never heard of him in particular, but then again he had never heard of nearly any of these people. Fel was the only name he was familiar with, and he had been under the impression that Fel died a while ago. Nevertheless, he was here, surrounded by Imperial Knights nonetheless.

After the man stopped his speech, he looked around at his new companions. He noticed a young girl had been with them the whole time. She was quite attractive, and he hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her since they were all gathered.

"Allow me to introduce myself. Name's Kash. Arlan Kash. I guess we're partners now huh?" Arlan said following with a slight grin.

pirateking89
2010-02-10, 07:59 AM
"The mission shouldn't be a particular challenge. As far as we can tell, there is only one true Sith in the area who appears to be in charge of the operations on that planet. As I said, Master Allez will meet with you after the meeting."
Pellaeon gives the other generals other missions, mostly assigning more work in the Sartinaynian system, but staying conspicuously away from Bastion itself.

horngeek
2010-02-11, 07:00 PM
Vimai looked at the podium, a serious expression on her face.

She had a jumpsuit and jacket on, having not worn jedi robes... ever since the Order fell, actually. Too long.

For now, she didn't actively participate in the discussion, simply listening.

pirateking89
2010-02-11, 08:00 PM
"Good luck with your missions. Don't fail me, your brothers, or our emperor. Long Live The Empire!" With the last intoned by the whole group, the meeting quickly breaks up. Pellaeon turns and departs from a door in the back of the stage.

Although you don't see any immediate direction to take, a knight with the gold pauldrons of an imperial general walks up to your trio.

"I'm Master Allez. It's a pleasure to meet the three of you. If you'll come with me, I'm going to do a more complete briefing with you.

Allez leads you deeper into the base. Despite the gleaming beauty of the main hall, as you go farther into the areas added on, you realize this building has only recently been refit as a military operations base. Granite and marble becomes prefabricated steel and hasty welds.

One last door opens and you find yourselves in a smaller briefing room with a large holoprojector in the center of a long table. With a gesture, Master Allez invites you to sit and flickers on the holoprojector.

"Before I give you specifics, I need to know. Are you committed to the empire? To defeating the sith? Why are you here?"

horngeek
2010-02-11, 08:03 PM
I want to help take down the Sith. And while I may not like the idea of an empire, you guys are at the very least a benevolent one.

Vimai sits down. That's all, really.

calhexas
2010-02-11, 08:13 PM
Arlan was a bit taken back when the young lady didn't respond to his introduction.

She's a rude one. I like her.

Just then...

"Good luck with your missions. Don't fail me, your brothers, or our emperor. Long Live The Empire!" With the last intoned by the whole group, the meeting quickly breaks up. Pellaeon turns and departs from a door in the back of the stage.

Arlan nods to the man with a look of assurance.

He then notices Master Arlez, who informs them that they're going to be further briefed. He stays behind the group silently, his eyes actively exploring as he follows.

As they enter what looks to be their destination, Arlan sits.

"Before I give you specifics, I need to know. Are you committed to the empire? To defeating the sith? Why are you here?"

I'm committed to staying alive. I figure I need allies if I'm going to stay alive. Because like the rest of you, the Sith would kill me on sight. Therefore, the way I see it, we share a common goal. Destroying that which wants to destroy us. Fair enough?

pirateking89
2010-02-13, 02:23 AM
Master Allez turns to Vimai first, scrutinizing her as she speaks.

I want to help take down the Sith. And while I may not like the idea of an empire, you guys are at the very least a benevolent one.

"I'm glad you're with us for now, then. While I may not be proud of being the lesser evil, we could use all the help we can get."

I'm committed to staying alive. I figure I need allies if I'm going to stay alive. Because like the rest of you, the Sith would kill me on sight. Therefore, the way I see it, we share a common goal. Destroying that which wants to destroy us. Fair enough?

"As for you. If survival is your number one priority, I'm very glad you've chosen to join us. The Empire does not fail and we do not lose. Perhaps, if you prove yourself worthy, you could find a place in our ranks."

horngeek
2010-02-13, 03:28 AM
Vimai nods, and waits for the rest of the briefing.

A'den
2010-02-13, 12:01 PM
A'den stirs a moment and lets the Imperial finished replying to the others before he speaks.

"The Sith killed everything I ever cared about, I'll fight with anyone who stands against them. Their like savage kath hounds and must be put down. I'm here because Fel is the only one giving Krayt a fight right now, if the Jedi are to reclaim their legacy then we must partner with whomever stands against Krayt."

pirateking89
2010-02-14, 01:44 AM
"The Sith killed everything I ever cared about, I'll fight with anyone who stands against them. Their like savage kath hounds and must be put down. I'm here because Fel is the only one giving Krayt a fight right now, if the Jedi are to reclaim their legacy then we must partner with whomever stands against Krayt."

"We are the strongest force standing against Krayt's evil. Joining us is your best option."

Master Allez nods to each of you in turn, not happy but satisfied by your answers.

"Now for the specifics. The communication center on Cozran is strategically helpful, if not necessary, for our further plans in the Sartinaynian system. Unfortunately, it is still held by primarily imperial forces, meaning they know our classic strategies and our tech. We can't insert you without risk ruining the mission before you hit the ground. That said, we can get you in contact with some smugglers whose reasons for fighting Krayt aren't unlike your own. They may be able to help. As well, our resources are strained to the breaking as it is, so we won't be able to give you much in the way of materiel or cash. Intel we can get you in fair supply, as well as loyalist contacts among the local garrison."

horngeek
2010-02-14, 01:49 AM
Vimai nods, looking around. I vote for taking the sneaky option for as long as possible.

calhexas
2010-02-15, 04:31 AM
Smugglers and space scum are my specialty. Should work out perfect.

pirateking89
2010-02-16, 03:07 PM
"Excellent. We can get you into the system, if need be. Everything beyond that will be up to you. Any questions?"

horngeek
2010-02-16, 03:26 PM
I don't have any.

calhexas
2010-02-16, 04:25 PM
Let's get it done.

pirateking89
2010-02-17, 02:32 AM
"Excellent. What do you need from me to get you on your way?"

A'den
2010-02-17, 03:27 AM
A'den pauses a moment on the tip of saying nothing but a thought occurred to him.

"Explosives, if were taking the place intact preferably stun grenades but some high yield kits for knocking out walls would be useful if we get in a tight jam."

pirateking89
2010-02-17, 10:24 AM
"We should be able to furnish you with some stun grenades and possibly some tactical explosives."

horngeek
2010-02-17, 01:44 PM
I don't really have anything in particular I need.

pirateking89
2010-02-17, 01:48 PM
"And you, Arlan?"

calhexas
2010-02-17, 08:40 PM
I'm with A'den. Stun grenades and some heavy charges just in case. I believe I have everything else I need already.

pirateking89
2010-02-18, 11:34 AM
"Done, then. Where would you like to start your journey from? We have teams operating throughout several surrounding systems and we should be able to get your supplies to any one of them."

A'den
2010-02-23, 10:44 AM
"Probably where-ever has the fastest insert into the target planet, we're going to have to hit the facility fast before they can call for reinforcements. Prefferebly somewhere not completely under Krayt's thumb."

horngeek
2010-02-23, 05:40 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me as well.

calhexas
2010-02-24, 11:30 AM
"Doesn't matter to me. I'm used to dealing with smugglers and space scum anyways. They're all the same to me. Let's just get this underway."

pirateking89
2010-02-25, 10:46 AM
"I'll get you on a shuttle to a trading hub in the Anorelga System. Your supplies will meet up with you there. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go start making preparations. I'll be back soon."

horngeek
2010-02-25, 01:50 PM
Vimai nods. All right.

She turns to the others. And now that the briefing's over, we can introduce ourselves. I'm Vimai Sunrider.

calhexas
2010-03-03, 04:56 PM
Arlan eagerly turned to the beautiful Vimai. "To continue my introduction from earlier, Arlan Kash. It's wonderful to make your acquaintance Miss Sunrider.

horngeek
2010-03-03, 05:03 PM
Nice to meet you as well.

I just didn't think while the briefer was talking was the best time for introductions.