PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Fallout 3!

Lord of Syntax
2010-02-08, 02:22 PM
Ok, lets start voting on stuff!

First, Male or Female.
Vote by posting.

EDIT: DLC/mods is still to be voted on

xp194
2010-02-08, 02:27 PM
More info, please?

I.e. Vanilla game only, or with DLC? and if so, what ones.

I'd go for female, in terms of character gender.

Izual6764
2010-02-08, 02:31 PM
Another vote for female here.

Comet
2010-02-08, 02:39 PM
Funny fact: I have never played any Fallout game as a female. The nuclear wasteland seems too much like a man's world.

That said, I'm still voting for female. Actually, I'm voting for female exactly because of the above. Yay for variety!

Triaxx
2010-02-08, 02:43 PM
Female, definitely. Vanilla with only a degradation slower would be awesome. Repairing every five shots isn't fun.

Gamerlord
2010-02-08, 02:43 PM
I vote male.

Zenos
2010-02-08, 03:34 PM
I vote for female.

Ikialev
2010-02-08, 04:17 PM
I vote for a female cyborg ninja.

Avilan the Grey
2010-02-08, 05:44 PM
Female.

I vote for Female.

Domochevsky
2010-02-08, 05:45 PM
Female and as far as mods go i vote for Type 3 Body. :smallwink:

chiasaur11
2010-02-08, 06:51 PM
I'll vote with the majority.

Only seen one half decent Fallout LP with a female protagonist, and that ended halfway through. So, if it's any good, it should be interesting.

Lord of Syntax
2010-02-08, 08:36 PM
At 6 PM tomorrow, gender voting will be done!

Krade
2010-02-08, 09:06 PM
The Black Widow perk is not only more interesting (and hilarious) than Lady Killer, it provides a %10 damage bonus against males, which you will be fighting a lot more of than females.

So yeah... my vote's for female.

Edit: I recently procured the Broken Steel (which also raises the level cap to 30) and Point Lookout expansions. After I reached level 30, with all my SPECIAL at 9 or 10 (one of the level 30 perks raises all of the to 9) and all my skills at 100 and all the best weapons and armor, the game gets kinda boring. I decided that after I finally get the Mothership Zeta pack I'll play through the whole game one more time and then likely be done with it forever.

Izual6764
2010-02-09, 12:55 AM
I don't have DLC's , so I don't know, but I heard Operation: Anchorage is really boring, so I will probably vote against it.

Krade
2010-02-09, 01:32 AM
The best part about Operation: Anchorage is that you get the Winterized T-51B Power Armor. It's not quite as good as the regualar T-51B, but it's condition doesn't degrade, but I think that might be a bug (and it might just be the Xbox-360 version). The other expansions I've played (all of them except Mothership Zeta) are pretty cool.

Izual6764
2010-02-09, 08:32 AM
Don't forget about Chinese Stealth Armor. Yes, I don't own this DLC, but I've read about it on wiki.

Oslecamo
2010-02-09, 08:43 AM
The best part about Operation: Anchorage is that you get the Winterized T-51B Power Armor. It's not quite as good as the regualar T-51B, but it's condition doesn't degrade, but I think that might be a bug (and it might just be the Xbox-360 version).

It does degrade, but it has one million HP if I remember correctly. That means the armor would need to take 10.000 damage in combat to lose just 1% quality.

Triaxx
2010-02-09, 01:35 PM
CSA is completely game-breaking if you're focused on Stealth. Otherwise it's a very helpful aid.

Bouregard
2010-02-09, 02:30 PM
male! Why? Ever tried to find a decent armor plugin for males? Everything the Fallout 3 Community produces is either stripperific or not for males, mostly both.

So in spite of every bonus roll a male!

DLC:

Definitly Point Lookout and Broken Steel, both are well worth the money.

Don't buy Mothership Zeta if you value your dignity/fun. I enjoyed Anchorage. But it's definitly straight forward and kind of repeating after the first funny playthrought.

Gourtox
2010-02-09, 02:36 PM
I vote female.

Krade
2010-02-09, 02:41 PM
male! Why? Ever tried to find a decent armor plugin for males? Everything the Fallout 3 Community produces is either stripperific or not for males, mostly both.

So in spite of every bonus roll a male!

DLC:

Definitly Point Lookout and Broken Steel, both are well worth the money.

Don't buy Mothership Zeta if you value your dignity/fun. I enjoyed Anchorage. But it's definitly straight forward and kind of repeating after the first funny playthrought.

So... what's wrong with Mothership Zeta that getting it will sacrifice my dignity and fun?

The Pitt was kinda fun too (and you get the Metal Blaster, which completely rocks every other weapon in the game), though I agree that, as far as which ones are more worth the money, Point Lookout and Broken Steel are very good. Especially for the increased level cap.

Zeful
2010-02-09, 02:43 PM
Female.

Are we going to vote for mods as well, or have you worked all that out already?

MrPig
2010-02-09, 03:01 PM
Female. This should be interesting even though I loathe Fallout 3.

Lord of Syntax
2010-02-09, 07:21 PM
No mods, I have the GOTY Edition (Yay, DLC)

Triaxx
2010-02-10, 08:51 AM
Fah, what's the point of the PC version without mods? Might as well play on a console. Oh, wait, they've figured out how to apply PC mods to the 360.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-10, 10:20 AM
Fah, what's the point of the PC version without mods? Might as well play on a console. Oh, wait, they've figured out how to apply PC mods to the 360.

They have when? How? Who?

mangosta71
2010-02-10, 10:27 AM

Frankly, it's a lot harder to nuke Megaton if you've turned Moriarty's into a strip club. :smalltongue:

Calemyr
2010-02-10, 04:29 PM
If you're going to play a straight GOTY game, I vote for a Malcom Reynolds type. Wear merc armor (Wasteland Legend, Wasteland Veteran, Wasteland Cruiser, etc). Focus on Small Arms and Unarmed combat, particularly pistols and brass/steel knuckles. Play nice, but ultimately practical.

Krade
2010-02-10, 07:47 PM
I always felt that, as far as armor goes, the Ranger Battle Armor is top notch. Of course, you're not likely to get it anywhere near early in the game, but it gives +10 to Small Guns and +1 to Luck and can be repaired with combat armor.

At max condition it has 39 DR. The different power armors have between 45 and 50 and weigh 20 more pounds.

End game I'm always equipped with the Ranger Battle Armor and the Winterized T51-B helmet (Charisma +1). It looks kinda funny running around with a power helmet without the armor to go with it, though.

Triaxx
2010-02-11, 05:51 AM
http://vodpod.com/watch/2978543-how-to-mod-fallout-3-on-the-xbox360

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kloPXfG0h24

You kidding? I've usually got it by level 5. It's actually easier to get it than it seems, especially if you're stealthy. Even without the CSA. Snag a shotgun and hunting rifle, and go in through the dry sewer and head shot the muties free hand. Then up the levels doing the same until you reach the top of the statesman. Those three'll take themselves out the door if they all get through at once and you keep yourself out of the line of fire. Then a short Jaunt through Rivet City to Seward Square and the armor is yours.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-11, 06:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kloPXfG0h24
You kidding? I've usually got it by level 5. It's actually easier to get it than it seems, especially if you're stealthy. Even without the CSA. Snag a shotgun and hunting rifle, and go in through the dry sewer and head shot the muties free hand. Then up the levels doing the same until you reach the top of the statesman. Those three'll take themselves out the door if they all get through at once and you keep yourself out of the line of fire. Then a short Jaunt through Rivet City to Seward Square and the armor is yours.

To repeat what someone said on youtube:
Wait... I was looking for how to add mods to the Xbox 360. This is how to mod your caps and name? Do you know how add mods to the Xbox360?

He didn't make the actual video of adding mod yet.

You just get to change your caps.

Triaxx
2010-02-11, 12:52 PM
Sorry, I'm stuck on slow internet and so I can't watch the videos before I post them. I've seen it done but I don't have access to them. So I googled it and as usual was disappointed with the results.

Ah ha! Found the news post on the Vault:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Fallout_3_mods_on_the_360