PDA

View Full Version : Souleater Build 3.5e

LichPrinceAlim
2010-02-08, 02:51 PM
I fell in love with Soul Eater from BoVD. So much in fact, I'm considering a Soul Eater PC build. However, the Hellacious "Non-Humanoid" makes my options limited.

I have two ideas for base races: Warforged and Elan

Considering Warforged Immunities and a Slam Attack, I am liking this. However, it seems as though few feats are worth it. Plus, I've heared of "cheap" ways to enter the class early thru this race.

And as for Elan, granted, a future dip into psionics is likely, probably Ardent and Psion, what sort of Template should I use? I want lots of Natural Weapons.

(Note: The DM says that for the Prereqs of SE, Unarmed Strike doesn't count, otherwise an Elan Monk10/Soul Eater10 would've been my pick)

Which overall is the perfect idea. oh, and if anyone has a better suggestion (minus Kobold Cheez), plz post it here

Foryn Gilnith
2010-02-08, 03:00 PM
The Feral template gives the requisite type and one of the requisite feats.
Thri-Kreen get a nice 4 arms with which to claw.

oxybe
2010-02-08, 03:39 PM
only to be used in high level games, but a Half-farspawn(+4LA) human fighter 2/hexblade 3/warshaper2/rogue2/souleater 7

feats:
h-alertness
Lvl1-imp.unarmed strike
ftr1-weap.focus (tentacle)
ftr2-imp.grapple
lvl3-multi-attack
lvl6-imp.multi-attack
lvl9-imp.toughness
lvl12-combat reflexes
lvl15-robilar's gambit

half farspawn has a costly La, but has a laundry list of nice abilities when transformed:
-4 tentacles
-various spell likes including blur, blink, touch of idiocy, ethereal jaunt, greater invis, true strike, ect...
-natural weapons treated as magic
-can't be flanked, no extra damage from crits
-blindsight 60
-immunity to poison
- +2 str, +2 dex, +6 con, +4 wis, +2 cha

you get 9 full attacks when transformed thanks to imp.multi-attack (3 bab attacks with your main fist, 1 offhand unarmed fists, 4 tentacles, 1 bite via warshaper)

14(main)/14(off)/15(tent1)/15(tent2)/15(tent3)/15(tent4)/14(bite)/9(main)/4(main)

your unmodified saves: 12/9/8, with both evasion & mettle & arcane resistance. with a vest of resist+5 (MIC) and a cloak of cha+6, plus a +2 racial bonus to cha those can easily become 21/18/17 vs spells & spell likes, higher once your stat mods are taken into consideration.

main strategy? grapple. always go for grapple with every single attack. the fun part? you're really only after the touch part of the attack... you don't need to succeed since you drain with a touch. whether you succeed in grappling or not, the enemy's been touched by your foul appendages. and drained 2 levels.

still a good idea to have some sort of weapon as backup though. damn undead.

Asheram
2010-02-08, 03:53 PM
A warforged Soul Eater would make for a very interesting backstory though.

"I haven't got a soul, so I shall take yours!"

Aharon
2010-02-08, 04:10 PM
@Asheram
Yeah! A new villain my players shall face!