PDA

View Full Version : Spells in Conjunction

Infernum
2010-02-08, 07:29 PM
I am curious as to whether or not certain spells could be used in conjunction with each other.

My Warmage(Level 5, soon to be 6h level) has expanded his spell list through dealings in game and will soon be able to cast the spell "Ice Axe" from the Spell Compendium. I was curious if I could cast "Blades of Flame"(Spell.Comp) and "Whirling Blade"(Spell.Comp) the following round and use the weapon to deal 2d12+3 cold + 1d8 fire, hitting everything within a 60 foot line.

I would appreciate your input.

Gralamin
2010-02-08, 07:32 PM
I am curious as to whether or not certain spells could be used in conjunction with each other.

My Warmage(Level 5, soon to be 6h level) has expanded his spell list through dealings in game and will soon be able to cast the spell "" from the Spell Compendium. I was curious if I could cast "Blades of Flame"(Spell.Comp) and "Whirling Blade"(Spell.Comp) the following round and use the weapon to deal 2d12+3 cold + 1d8 fire, hitting everything within a 60 foot line.

I would appreciate your input.

...I think we are missing some vital information here. Namely, the first spell name :smalltongue:

Optimystik
2010-02-08, 07:35 PM
I don't see why not. "The weapon deals damage as if you had swung it in melee." Well, if you had swung it in melee the fire damage would apply.

Bibliomancer
2010-02-08, 07:36 PM
Also, those spells are probably not on the warmage spell list, and so you'll have to learn them one at a time using the expanded knowledge class feature.

Infernum
2010-02-08, 07:36 PM
Problem fixed.

Also, my W.mage's spell list got expanded via Power of Plot and dealings with NPCs.

My DM's main question is does the Ice Axe actually count as a melee weapon, cause it would need to in order for it to work with the other spells.

Optimystik
2010-02-08, 07:44 PM
Ice Axe indeed forms a weapon (even though it's evocation.) It's a cleric spell though.

Still, that would be a nice combo - a burning, spinning axe made of ice that makes melee touch attacks to everyone around you that gets iterative attacks. Illegal for a Warmage without hefty fiat/cheese, but looks quite fun.

Infernum
2010-02-08, 08:06 PM
My Warmage made a pact with the "god" of the elemental plane of ice and thus do i get a lot of Ice spells. But I was thinking that would be an awesome idea.

But how do you get it to be a touch attack just out of curiosity?

I see now, its even more powerful than even i first imagined. Thanks for the imput, If anyone has any other ice spell combos, let me hear em.

Optimystik
2010-02-08, 08:11 PM
My Warmage made a pact with the "god" of the elemental plane of ice and thus do i get a lot of Ice spells. But I was thinking that would be an awesome idea.

But how do you get it to be a touch attack just out of curiosity?

Ice Axe specifically says any attacks you make with it are touch attacks.

Infernum
2010-02-08, 08:13 PM
I see now, thanks. Any other ice spell combos and the like would be appreciated as well.

Infernum
2010-02-08, 10:58 PM
Thanks for everyone's input.