PDA

View Full Version : Needed: 3rd Horror Meme

Raiki
2010-02-09, 12:11 AM
Okay, as some of you may already know, I've come up with a genius! plan to cosplay as Slender Man at Otakon. However, here is where the problem arises. I'm going as a group of 3 people, and both of the others were rather enchanted by the idea of cosplaying "internet horror memes".

So now we have:
Myself: Slender Man
My Girlfriend: Candleja
Our mutual friend: "Insert 3rd horror meme here."

This is where you guys come in. I defer to your far greater knowledge of the internet. Can anyone suggest another cosplayable meme?

Much thanks.

~Raiki~

reorith
2010-02-09, 12:15 AM
hmmm so you have the slender man, candlejack and you need a third? how about something lovecraftian like the half things from the sha

Darth Mario
2010-02-09, 12:52 AM
See, the problem with mentioning Candlejack is you'll never get a whole post out of anyo

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-02-09, 12:57 AM
You could always go with the creepy homicidal insane hitchhiker, or something along similar lines.

Starfols
2010-02-09, 01:15 AM
Oogie Boogie? He's pretty universally recognized, and has a different build that the slender man or Candle

Raiki
2010-02-09, 01:47 AM
Candle snark aside, all good suggestions. Unfortunately, the other friend is adamant (and I would prefer as well) that the third costume fit the theme of "horror meme". I know that's a bit specific, but I trust that the Playgrounders (read: the Internet) can find one somewhere.

~R~

Edit: And I totally pushed for Oogie Boogie, but I was over-ruled. I love that guy!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-02-09, 01:59 AM
Unfortunately, the other friend is adamant (and I would prefer as well) that the third costume fit the theme of "horror meme".

Rick Astley. It that isn't horrific, I don't know what is. :smallbiggrin:

LemonSkye
2010-02-09, 02:06 AM
Zalgo (http://www.ghostwoods.com/2009/07/know-your-memes-zalgo-111/) would work, provided the other party isn't averse to wearing black sclera contacts (and can afford them). As long as you've got the contacts, the costume itself should be pretty freeform, so they can pretty much do whatever they like.

Rutskarn
2010-02-09, 02:33 AM
One word.

Spengbab. (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spengbab)

Winthur
2010-02-09, 02:34 AM
Rick Astley. It that isn't horrific, I don't know what is. :smallbiggrin:

Win. :smallbiggrin:

If not, then maybe Weegee (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/unmario/images/2/20/Weegee.png), or...

CHUCK NORRIS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxthg885ZY)

SurlySeraph
2010-02-09, 03:58 AM
Zalgo (http://www.ghostwoods.com/2009/07/know-your-memes-zalgo-111/) would work, provided the other party isn't averse to wearing black sclera contacts (and can afford them). As long as you've got the contacts, the costume itself should be pretty freeform, so they can pretty much do whatever they like.

̣̼͍͙̯͈̫̔ͯ̑̚YES̬̱̘ͣ̒,͇̹ͬ͊̒ͅ ͌͑̎ͪ̔̃͌Y̦̫͕̱ͅO̥̼͖̝̩͉̩̾̔̈̽U̲͔̩͓̟̣͍͛̉ͦ͂ͩͮ ̟̹ͦ̆ͫ̂͗͗SͅH̳̽̇ͦͧ͂O̭̾̾͐̑͋͑ͅǗ͈͎̖̘͌Ḻ̬̥̻̼̗̙̐̆ͣ̈ͪD̻ͪͪ ̯͇̙ ͖̣͕̩̼̓̒̎ͅḒ͉͑̈́͛͆Ǒ̦̖̠̖̫̟͗̍͆͗̎ͨ ͐Z̈̏̒̚A̗̯̝̳̗̞̅͐̂͗ͭL̝͓̪̩͖ͧ̄G̻̣̼̬̝̞͛O̙ͧͭͦͮ̋̄́ ̤̭ͭ

͙̗̹͈͛ͤH̭͔͉E͌̈́̾ͯ̓ ̤̺̩͍͓̺̍̈́ͪͫC̱̮͕ͥͨ̑̂̌̿͐O̜̟̟̩̘ͨ̓̓ͤ͒ͤͣM̜͈̺̞̭̗̑͊ͫEͧ̂ͧ̆S ͕̝̭͔̜̽̐ͅ

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-09, 08:29 AM
The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon!

Serpentine
2010-02-09, 08:40 AM
What about the horrible looking girl (think she's from The Exorcist) that's always at the end of shock "ghost" videos and the like?

Amiel
2010-02-09, 09:06 AM
Why not go dressed as Cthulhu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CthulhuMythos)? It's spawned (no pun intended) its fair share of tropes and memes.

Wait, no. Even better, be Cthulhu dressed as Hello Kitty (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HelloCthulhu). Watch as both friends' and onlooker's heads explode (sunshine, rainbows and lollipops).

Or, go dressed as Salad Fingers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Fingers); and have your friend keep reiterating this phrase "I like rusty spoons".

KuReshtin
2010-02-09, 09:14 AM
The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon!

Seconded! Definitely.

Eldan
2010-02-09, 09:34 AM
And the costume is cheap: just get a spoon and stand there, smiling creepily.

KuReshtin
2010-02-09, 09:41 AM
And the costume is cheap: just get a spoon and stand there, smiling creepily.

Black hoodie, some white face paint (with black around the eyes), spoon.
Done.

Yep, very easy costume. :smallbiggrin:

Zen Monkey
2010-02-09, 10:11 AM
Pyramid Head

We all know what his favorite hobby is.

Stormthorn
2010-02-09, 12:08 PM
Okay, as some of you may already know, I've come up with a genius! plan to cosplay as Slender Man at Otakon. However, here is where the problem arises. I'm going as a group of 3 people, and both of the others were rather enchanted by the idea of cosplaying "internet horror memes".

So now we have:
Myself: Slender Man
My Girlfriend: Candleja
Our mutual friend: "Insert 3rd horror meme here."

This is where you guys come in. I defer to your far greater knowledge of the internet. Can anyone suggest another cosplayable meme?

Much thanks.

~Raiki~

Ok, this is the thrid time in two days i have seen Candlejack and the Slender Man come up on the same thre

Raiki
2010-02-09, 01:31 PM
Okay, at the moment, Zalgo seems to be in the lead. However, none of us can really afford the x-hundred dollars just for black contact lenses, so more suggestions are always welcome.

Also, I pushed for salad fingers too, but getting voted down seems to be a trend here.

~R~

Lyesmith
2010-02-09, 01:32 PM
...Pyramid Head?

Voldecanter
2010-02-09, 01:51 PM
How about the Masked Man from Marble Hornets .......You could get him a leash and then the Slender Man could guide him around , like some form of puppet .

I second the Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon .....although he is too similar to the slender man ........excluding the Spoon .

Raiki
2010-02-09, 01:51 PM
...Pyramid Head?

We discussed it, but PH is a rather common cosplay, so we collectively decided to keep looking.

~R~

Brother Oni
2010-02-09, 06:36 PM
Since you haven't said what gender your mutual friend is, here's a choice of two - Sadako from The Ring (long white dress and a long black wig, just throw the hair all over her face) or Patrick Bateman from American Psycho (80s yuppie suit and a big sharp knife or something).

KuReshtin
2010-02-09, 06:48 PM
Since you haven't said what gender your mutual friend is, here's a choice of two - Sadako from The Ring (long white dress and a long black wig, just throw the hair all over her face) or Patrick Bateman from American Psycho (80s yuppie suit and a big sharp knife or something).

Not really 'internet horror memes' though.
Good shout otherwise.

Serpentine
2010-02-09, 08:39 PM
Blue Screen of Death.

Stormthorn
2010-02-09, 10:51 PM
Blue Screen of Death.

Or better yet...

One. Two. Hands of Blue.

SilverSheriff
2010-02-09, 11:11 PM
~ZALGO~

filler text

Or better yet...

One. Two. Hands of Blue.

"There it is, there it is. It's always there if you look for it. Everybody sees and nobody sees it...

These are the ones that take you! Little ones in the corner that you almost don't see. But they're the ones that reach in and do it. They're the ones with teeth and you have to smash them!

A million things, and the hands go everywhere and when you brush your teeth all the little blue things are there but no one says it because, because sometimes they're afraid. And then they come...

The hands go everywhere.
Two by two, hands of blue. "

Stormthorn
2010-02-09, 11:24 PM
~ZALGO~

filler text

"There it is, there it is. It's always there if you look for it. Everybody sees and nobody sees it...

These are the ones that take you! Little ones in the corner that you almost don't see. But they're the ones that reach in and do it. They're the ones with teeth and you have to smash them!

A million things, and the hands go everywhere and when you brush your teeth all the little blue things are there but no one says it because, because sometimes they're afraid. And then they come...

The hands go everywhere.
Two by two, hands of blue. "

Wow. You really know your stuff. I just though that they would make a good set along with Slendy and Candlejac

Raiki
2010-02-10, 09:33 PM
Okay, I haven't seen our friend yet today (and to answer previous questions, she's female and kind of on the short side) but I will definitely suggest the blue men. If tradition stands, I will be summarily shot down, but it's cool enough to be worth a try.

~R~