PDA

View Full Version : I feel like making Rangers.

Vizzerdrix
2010-02-09, 11:42 AM
Two builds I've been stewing over for a while. Just want to see them written out. Maybe get feed back.

All books open. 4D6B3 stats. LA buy off. Dragon Mag and 3rd part allowed with review. Think I'll make some noodles for lunch. yum.

Swift Hunter Build.

Race: Catfolk

CLASSES:
1-Ranger (Arcane Hunter)(Champion of the Wild: CC variant)
2-Ranger
3-Cloistered Cleric: Knowledge, Earth and Travel domains. Swap out for Devotion feats.
4-Scout
5-Scout
6-Scout
7-Ranger
8-Ranger
9-Ranger
10~20- Highland Stalker

FEATS:
Flaw: Weapon Finesse
Flaw-Lightning Reflexes
HD1-EWP: Harpoon
HD3-Weapon focus: Light Maces
Ranger2- TWF
HD6-Swift Hunter
Scout4-Improved Skirmish
Ranger4-Imp. TWF
HD9-Lightning Maces
HD12- Darkstalker
HD15- Greater TWF.
HD18-Two weapon Rend

I need to find some way to up the crit. range on light maces (Group rule: RAI on that feat, so light maces only)

Alternatively, C. Cleric-1 (Knowledge, travel, plant)/Scout-4/ PrC Ranger-15. simpler. Much simpler.

Aberration Build

Race: Human

CLASSES:
1~5-Ranger(Arcane Hunter)(Mystic Ranger)(Wildshape Ranger)
6-Something that provides sneak attack.
7~15-Daggerspell Shaper
16~20-Nature's Warrior

FEATS:
Flaw-Aberration Blood
Human-Durable Form
HD1-Weapon Focus: Dagger
HD3-TWF
HD6-Aberration Wildshape
HD9-Bestial Hide
HD12- No Idea. Preferably something better than Imp. Natural Weapon at improving damage.
HD15-Extra Wildshape
HD18-Extra Wildshape. Again. I guess. Or not.

I wanted to make something other than another MoMF W.S. Ranger, and this is the best I could come up with. I need to do something more with 2 of my last 3 feats, and to decide just how I want to get sneak attack at 6th. I wouldn't mind picking up Metamorphic Transfer (over A.S.A), but getting 5 ML into the build without cutting down on CL is beyond me. unless their is some way to apply Practiced Manifester to a 1 level dip in a psionic class that also grants SA at first level. Hmm...

I think That will do it for now. I'll edit it as I see fit.