PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul Alternate Class Features (Complete Divine)

realbombchu
2010-02-09, 01:58 PM
I have to ask, is there an alternate class feature for the favored soul that lets you trade in the energy resistance class features for something a little better? Or at least different? I'm curious about this class, but I don't need that feature, and would like to trade it for something, like I did with the deity's favored weapon abilities for that alternate class feature from Player's Handbook 2. Thanks!

sonofzeal
2010-02-09, 02:01 PM
Nope. Non-core classes rarely get any variant class features. Unless it's Dragon Mag, I think you're out of luck.

Optimystik
2010-02-09, 02:07 PM
Actually, you're in luck - Drow of the Underdark has one that lets your trade ER for Tremorsense, IIRC.

Curmudgeon
2010-02-09, 02:24 PM
Actually, you're in luck - Drow of the Underdark has one that lets your trade ER for Tremorsense, IIRC.
That's right (see page 58), but do note that it's for Favored Souls of Lolth only: so female FSs only, and within 1 alignment step of Chaotic Evil.

realbombchu
2010-02-09, 02:25 PM
I just looked through at least 3 years of Class Acts in Dragon and only found one that dealt with energy resistance, but you were not trading it, it was a feat you could take to shoot that kind of energy (issue 343). Thanks for the idea, but I guess unless it's a feature article, I don't have it. Bummer.

I'll look into Drow of the Underdark, but it might require that I worship Lolth, or something. Thanks for the tip, though! :)

EDIT: Oops, beaten to it! Well, my guess was right, cool. END EDIT.

I also remember a feature called Vermin Empathy that you could get as a favored soul by trading something, but you had to worship Obox-Ob. It was in an adventure called "The Weavers" or something similar.

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-09, 02:40 PM
Ask your DM if you can trade the Energy Resistance for access to a Domain Granted Power (and only the power). Some domains offer Energy Resistance, and you're giving up considerably more than you're getting back (some times).

Alternatively, a Domain Feat from CC would be an equal trade in almost every instance.

Thurbane
2010-02-09, 07:57 PM
Nothing to do with Energy Resistance, but Exemplars of Evil also has an ACF for Favored Soul that replaces Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization bonus feats with natural attacks.