PDA

View Full Version : God Game IC

Pages : [1] 2

justblade
2010-02-09, 05:06 PM
Creation comes and goes in cycles. First, there is good and evil. The exist in conflict with one another and cannot be combined. Like water and oil, they will swirl, but be distinct from one another. It is because of this endless conflict that all things are created. In time, each gives rise to its own planes. Good creates the Plane of Positive Energy. Evil, the Plane of Negative Energy. These are the first planes, wrought by cosmic forces rather than the gods. Next, the chaos of the war sparks the Elemental Chaos, the plane where all the elements are born and die. This is the third plane. To balance the chaos, the Material Plane comes forth, where the elements cannot roam free, but are forced to exist by laws of physics. This is the fourth plane. Next, comes the Divine Spark, from which the first god is made. The Spark is not a place, but a power. The war between Good and Evil, between Order and Chaos, causes much cosmic friction, and this spark creates the first god, sometimes others. When this god comes into existence, it has no place to be, not being tied to good or evil or order or chaos, so a reflection of all that is comes into existence at the same time. This is the Astral Plane, the fifth plane. All things begin with this formula. Five planes, and one or more gods. This is how the cycle begins. There is a memory in the area of the last cycle, and it seems to say that the cycle will fade in the same way it began, leaving only good and evil in the world. There is no way to confirm these rumors. Thus the story begins, and only time will tell how it ends.

Atron, The Astral Plane

Feeling the formation of the Astral Plane to sustain him, Atron opens his eyes. He understands his existence already. There are many conflicting forces in the world, and the energy they create as they rub against one another has much potential. He closes his eyes again, and creates a force. He call this force Daughter, but she will choose a different name. She will bring wisdom to this cycle.

Beget Deity: Karina

Something is wrong. She is too pure. There is no darkness to balance her. Atron's mind twitches. He focuses again, and reaches deep inside himself to find a dark force to balance her. He does not find one immediately. "No matter. I will be the darkness to counter the light. But I will need a mediator to speak sense to my daughter." He pulls a force from deep within him to work the physical things. He calls this one Son, but he also will choose a name for himself.

Beget Deity: Torridas

Finding himself satisfied with his creations, at least for now, he decides to move on. When they awaken fully, they will learn their purposes. He will call out to them from his new home. Now, where should it be? Between the darkness and the light, I will live. I must make a new place.

Create Plane: The Swirl (3 AP)
This will suffice. I will stay here.

20AP - 3AP = 17AP

OOC Atron is the ancient god that will become Lyron and Kalat. I've decided to go ahead and play out his split as an evolution in game. I hope nobody has a problem with that. In the meantime, he's only moderately unstable and has DR 6 and a neutral alignment. Otherwise, he is identical to the deity I posted on the Recruitment thread

Also, OOC thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7855159#post7855159

Jallorn
2010-02-09, 06:17 PM
If there was such a concept in a dimensionless space, then the mass of energy would have been far away from the planes. It felt as if it had been there forever, although no time had really passed at all. All that existed was an immense pain, except for a small piece way way way down within the mass, yet within a hair's breadth from the surrounding nothing. This piece was slowly dwindling, but as the planes formed, this point pulled towards them to escape the pain. Once safe on the material plane, the point pulled the mass around it into a physical shape that was part memory. Sylvus had been born, but now he had to think.

horngeek
2010-02-09, 06:21 PM
Karina, the Astral Plane

It had been a short time, since her birth. So many things to see, in the Astral Plane. So many things to experience. Although she was wisdom- she knew that, but she was so young. She hadn't even chosen a name for herself yet.

That came first. What to choose?

Ah, that's right. Karina.

That was a good name.

Next... she needed a home. But it had to suit her.

She knew people would record knowledge down. They'd want to put that knowledge somewhere.

Karina felt satisfaction. She'd help them. And write down her own knowledge.

She focused, the Astral Plane obeying her wishes and forming a new, smaller plane. She would control it. It would be timeless, the knowledge in there never decaying. Although it would not be infinite like the Astral Plane- for even she didn't need something that big- it would be large enough to store all the knowledge the world would ever make.

Create Plane: Library of Karina {Normal Gravity, Timeless, Finite Shape, Divinely Morphic (by Karina)} (3 AP)

Now, I just have to wait.

Karina entered her new home.

AP: 20-3=17

justblade
2010-02-09, 07:41 PM
Atron

Atron smiled in his new home. The perfect balance between good and evil, but never mingling. He would dwell here, at least for a time. In the meantime, he looked to the material world. There was nothing. Nothing was not good. There can be no creation with nothing. He reached into the elemental chaos and pulled out earth. He molded it into a ball and placed it in the material world. It did nothing. He reached in again and pulled out fire. He molded the fire into a larger ball and placed it above the earth. A tiny drop fell onto the ground, and the ground began to warm. Next he reached in and pulled out air. He wrapped the ball of earth in the air. He knew that air would protect the earth from the fire. Next he reached in and pulled out water. He wasn't sure what to do with the water, so he just touched it to the air. The water mixed with the air, and most of it fell to the earth. Oceans swallowed up most of the earth, leaving only a small portion of the ground above the sea. Atron smiled at his work. "One more thing remains." He breathed on the world he had crafted and put it into motion. "By introducing chaos to this world of law, things can be created and destroyed. Changes can happen. This is the way of the cycles." He smiled at the world of clockwork chaos.

Divine Actions: (14=17-3)
Create Plane: Material World (I realize it's not actually creating a plane, but I did enough that 2AP shape land or shift land isn't really enough to cover it, but it's also not worth spending more AP than making a whole plane. I figured I'd spend some of my AP to get things started for everyone else, but Atron is more than happy to watch a lifeless world evolve and change, so someone else will want to be making races and wildlife.

Also, since I don't think I announced it previously, rollover will be Tuesday nights. Not tonight, obviously)

horngeek
2010-02-09, 07:54 PM
Karina looked at the world her Father had created. It was good, but there was no life in it, no... spirit. Nothing to make knowledge, to write it down.

Little to know.

But for now... she worked.

A new life. On the same level of power as her, for now. She would make a race to guide later. What would she call them?

Elves? Sounded good. But that would be a little later. For now...

Wake, and choose your own name.

Beget God: Ylleth

Niezck
2010-02-09, 08:02 PM
He awoke, a strange sensation but immediately familiar.

A name ... A name ... Ylleth. That is a good name.

I am Ylleth.

A citadel. He must have a fortress to protect.

Ylleth reached into the astral plane and formed his home within. Servonia, the endless fortress. Here he could watch over the material plane and all those who begged his interest.

This is wonderful. This is my home.

Create Plane: Servonia. (Timeless, Normal Gravity, Infinite, Divinely Morphic (Ylleth), Strongly Good, Quicken, Empower, Extend & Maximize all Abjuration spells, Empower and Maximize all prismatic-based spells.) ((3AP))

Here I will wait, for the others to come. And then, it will begin.

AP 20-3 = 17

horngeek
2010-02-09, 08:10 PM
Karina, the Endless Fortress

That is, indeed, a good name.

Karina smiles at the god she had made. I intend to create a race of sentient beings- the first to walk this world. Will you help me guide and protect them?

Niezck
2010-02-09, 08:12 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

I will indeed. They will need a good name though, do you have one?

Pausing in thought for a moment, Ylleth has an idea.

I, too, wish to make a sentient race. They will be creatures of my very essence, spawned to protect yours.

horngeek
2010-02-09, 08:15 PM
Karina, Servonia

I will call them Elves. I will gift them with a part of my own knowledge and wisdom.

And that would be fine, Ylleth. Although I ask that you wait until the Elves are on the material world before your race is made.

Niezck
2010-02-09, 08:24 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

As you with, Katrina. I await your elves.

horngeek
2010-02-09, 08:33 PM
Kirana

With her own divine will, Kirana forms her race, finding a home for them in a valley with fertile land. Awaken, my children.

Create Populace: Elves (2 AP)
Mould Land: Creating the valley (1 AP)
Nourish Land: The Valley (1 AP)

It is done. They have awakened.

17-4=13 AP

Niezck
2010-02-09, 08:38 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

They will exist.

Using his raw divine power, Ylleth forms the shape of the first metallic dragon in his mind, and transfers it to substance on the material plane. Seeing the race as incomplete, he gathers more and changes each slightly. When he is finished, five dragons are formed - Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold & Silver.

Create Populace: Metallic Dragon ((2AP))

They will grow to be powerful and live through ages. And they will stand ever-vigilant for those that need them.

Ylleth looked upon his creations on the material plane, and smiled to himself. These would be fine protectors. But then it struck him - they would need somewhere to live.

Taking the earth itself, Ylleth drew it up into great mountain ranges, spanning continents. And within these mountains he carved great caves for his dragons to rest.

Mold Land: Mountain Range with Caves ((1AP))

17-3=14

justblade
2010-02-09, 08:42 PM
Atron

"Life? So early for life. This is a change indeed, Daughter. But if you will give life, I will give death. Watch as your elves die, for nothing may last forever. This is the way of the Cycles." Atron points towards the elven valley, and some of the plant-life becomes speckled. The blight spreads throughout the valley, poisoning any elves who eat it.

"And if there will be death, let there be comfort in death, and there will be fear of death. Let our presence be known and bring fear and comfort to the living and dying."
Actions:
Blight Land (1AP)
Create Concept: Divine Knowledge (Clerics, Druids)
10AP=14-1-3

Jallorn
2010-02-09, 08:47 PM
Sylvus watched as the others formed the world, and the first beings. Though they made mistakes before, humans shall live again. Reaching down, he took an elf, and poured into it the elements, strengthening it, yet pulling it away from it's origins. He then drew the elements out of the elf, leaving it as it was. The elements Sylvus used shifted, molded, and, with a little guidance, reshaped into humans, which he spread across the world in small tribes, clueless as to their origins. They shall record no histories for many ages, and their start will be lost in time, as it should be.

Then, Sylvus looked around, and saw the great expanse of darkness with this singular point within it. And with a great effort, he cast pieces of the flame across the expanse, and sent rocks and water throughout that. This world would be the first, but others would exist as well.

Create Humans: -2 AP
Create Plane (other worlds in the making, they will form more naturally): -3 AP
Remaining AP: 15

As he watched the dragons form, Sylvus singled out one type, silver. Taking a few scales from a silver dragon, he waited, saving them.

justblade
2010-02-09, 09:05 PM
Atron watched as the other gods created the world. "This is good. This is too good. Balance must be maintained. I cannot do it alone." He looked back into himself. Now that death was in the world, there was something there. He pulled it out and threw it into the mortal world.

"Rise my son, and be fed."

Next, he looked at the dragons that this new god had created. "I did not make you, but I can make something from what you've done." He plucked five dragon eggs from their caves, and dipped them into the elemental chaos. He then hatched them himself, witnessing the first chromatic dragons that would balance the metallics. "You will keep the protectors in check. Be sure they aways have something to protect the elves from." The first four, he sent on his way. However, there was a green one who seemed more cunning than the rest. "You especially, Verkania. You must be daring, but cautious. You will be the manipulator, I can see already. Cloud the minds with your poison, and remind my daughter that all of her teachings must be for a purpose."

Actions:
Create Populous: Chromatic Dragons (2)
Beget Deity: Animus Nex (0)
Raise Mortal Hero: Verkania, Green Dragon (0)
9AP=11-2

horngeek
2010-02-09, 09:07 PM
Karina watched the Elves die from this blight.

I will reveal myself to them, and give them some of my power, both so that they might stand up against this blight, and to aid them in the pursuit of wisdom.

Teach Populace: Elves learn Divine Knowledge (1 AP)

13-1=12 AP

Niezck
2010-02-09, 09:13 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Seeing his creations turned evil, Ylleth sighed deeply. Then, gathering the very essence he created his dragons from, he forms another. This time, more powerful than the others, one to deliver his messages for him and guide his race.

Valore, you will tell my children of the evil ones, and their great battle that is yet to come. Now go.

With that, Valore, the golden dragon, disappeared from Ylleth's side to deliver his wisdom to the material plane.

Create Herald ((0AP))

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-09, 09:16 PM
Animus Nex, Mortal World

The new god fell to the earth, smashing into it and creating a marring whole on the ground. He stood, pulling himself and supporting himself on a strange staff with a long metal tip, and two curved blades coming from the sides of the metal. He wore leather armor, made from the flesh of dragons and elves stitched together haphazardly. He looked about, and saw the soul-sparks of the mortal beings, the elves and dragons, and began to stumble toward their source.

justblade
2010-02-09, 09:40 PM
Atron smiled as he watched his children. With Karina's teachings, the mortals would be able to stand against the dangers of the world. The dragons had their their balance. He looked at the humans. These were interesting creatures, created by a god that had no ties to him. "The balance must be maintained, and there is too much light. I will grow stronger."

He strengthened himself and looked again at the world. The Strange God had said that these humans made mistakes in the past. "They will make them again. Let some work, and some be corrupted."

He sighed at his poor planning. He had introduced the necessary concepts, but he had failed to teach them to the humans. This will wait for another time. His brain twitched.

Actions: Raise Divine Rank (3 AP, become DR 7)
Create Concept: Community (Commoner, Expert) (3 AP)
Create Concept: Greed (Bard, Rogue) (3 AP)
0AP = 9-3-3-3

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-09, 09:47 PM
Animus Nex, Mortal World

In Animus Nex's great patchwork armor, human leather soon joined that of Dragon and Elf, seemingly forming spontaneously. This thing of death and eternal hunger finally stumbled upon a small gathering of elves. Slaughtering the creatures, it devoured their purest essence, and a measure of reason came to it. The power and nourishment of the souls flowed through his body and began to meld the scattered pieces of his rational mind. Animus howled in animal desire, feeling more soul-sparks of a different nature in the distance, and began to stumble toward the humans.

Niezck
2010-02-09, 09:59 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Observing the slaughter of the elves, Ylleth decided he must act.

I will teach them my ways, so they can better defend themselves.

Create Concept: Arcane Magic (Sorcerer, Wizard) ((3AP))
Teach Concept: Magic to the Elves ((1AP))

14-4=10AP

Jallorn
2010-02-09, 10:00 PM
Frowning in disgust at the divine interference, Sylvus pulled a piece of his energy off, and sent it flying down to the planet. As it went hurtling through space, he drew fire out of the plane of chaos. Thrusting the fire into one of the dragon scales, he crafted a blade of unmatched sharpness and strength. After pulling wood from the plane of chaos as well, he attached the blade to the pole of wood, and transfered it, with his mind, into the waiting body below. On the earth, the new avatar stands, wielding the newly crafted naginata. Silently, he moves towards the devouring god.

Create Avatar: -3 AP
Create Artifact: -3 AP
Remaining AP: 9

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-09, 10:09 PM
Animus Nex, Mortal World

The hungry god felt the arrival of the avatar, it's divine soul-essence pulsing to his starved, hateful mind. Turning about, and brandishing his Ranseur, screeched and howled and gibbered an unholy cacophony of animalistic sounds, whether a challenge of combat, a shout of rage, a scream of hunger, or some other alien noise could not be discerned. Animus stood, waiting for the avatars next act.

Johel
2010-02-10, 09:39 AM
Torridas

Something is wrong. She is too pure. There is no darkness to balance her. Atron's mind twitches. He focuses again, and reaches deep inside himself to find a dark force to balance her. He does not find one immediately. "No matter. I will be the darkness to counter the light. But I will need a mediator to speak sense to my daughter." He pulls a force from deep within him to work the physical things. He calls this one Son, but he also will choose a name for himself.

From Atron's self, It came to be.
A smooth yet strong surface, extending endlessly through the etheral mist of the plane. Sharp angles slowly took form, the divine energy inspired by the fading memories of previous cycles. Yet, the entity was devoid substance, nether solid, liquid or gas, merely a tought. But this would change soon, as other spiritual beings acted, reflection of their deeds echoing through the Etheral Plane.

Earth... An idea that Atron threw around. And that some other being stretched, shapping it like a kid would shape sand. As the unknow being shaped the mountains around the world, Its presence becomes more tangible, Its counsciousness grafting itself on the very concept of stone, dirt, sand, mud and all the variation of this simple idea that was Earth.

In doing so, It weakened its link to the Etheral Plane. And was eventually cast away from it. Breaking through, It crashed somewhere on the Material Plane. Somewhere called the Valley...

There, burried deep below the ground, It achieved its growth. A bright green light burst underground, disintegrating miles of stone while opening the dimensionnal rift through which It would connect to the Material Plane.

It... The Primal Gem. A continent-sized opal inside of which a seemingly endless maze carved itself, its halls made of every type of gemstones. Seperating these luxurious areas were dull corridors of stone which opened on underground oceans of mud, all swirling around the very core of the Plane : a statue, a smoothly shaped puppet, whose rocky flesh pulsed with raw power, its mere presence grinding rocks into sand, sending waves of magic that gave motion to the oceans.

Create Plane : The Primal Gem, elemental plane of Earth
Create portal : The Opal Gate

Two empty sockets opened, revealing two topazes than shone on their own in the darkness of the lightless plane.
The being opened his mouth :
"-Seek Karina... Protect Balance..."

For now, by decree of his father, those were the only thoughts that crossed the clouded mind of Torridas. The god left his home plane, reaching for the Valley.

AP 20 - AP 3 - AP 2 = AP 15

Grim ranger
2010-02-10, 02:33 PM
Aenarion

The creation was in constant turmoil because of the gods. Destroying or protecting, they never did give mortals much of a chance to reach their true destiny: sparks of greatness were snuffed out far too easily in that everchanging constant, trampled underfoot as gods made their power known so rashly.

But the mortals had destinies to fullfill. Destinies and chances of heroism that eventually solidified into a fact that would never be allowed to come true if greater being did not step in and bring balance to chaos.

Out of destiny came forth Aenarion: a mysterious figure dragging itself through the fabric of creation, from nothingless into existence. His very image was that of everchanging fate: lines and runes changed in his armour and skin and the god seemed to be constantly in thought, even in the very beginning of his divine life. Even though the eyes of the newly-created deity were covered by blindfold, he could clearly perceive his surroundings- and in actuality he could and did perceive much more than mere pair of normal eyes ever could have.

"So much uncertainty... so very much chaos. It seems I will have much work to do."

He knew that he needed a place to plan and to serve as his home. Even those who thought that they protected the balance were actually doing nothing but upsetting it, and he needed one stable spot to start from.

The god of Fate lifted his hands up and started to form a plane out of nothingless.

(Create plane: Sanctuary of Light. AP: 20-3=17)

Jallorn
2010-02-10, 05:21 PM
Follow dark one, learn patience. With a simple spell, Sylvus's avatar transfers to the celestial realm, Sylvus's hope being that the dark one will follow the desire for a more appetizing meal.

Meanwhile, Sylvus's true form was left unattended. In the absence of any controlling force, the evils of a past life writhed and fought, finally breaking free, forming a new, cold sentience. One that was not evil simply for evil's sake, but one with cause, memories it had wrested from the past, what few remained within Sylvus's shell.

Beget Deity: Glacius

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-10, 06:34 PM
Animus Nex

The Devourer-God howled out another discordant, soul-damaging scream, and followed behind the avatar, his mindless hunger driving him toward the nearest source of soul-energy to feed upon, and a powerful one at that.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-10, 07:49 PM
In that one instant, Sylvus' unattended memories came together and formed a drop of water, and that drop of water plummeted through the space between the planes, freezing and growing and falling toward the material plane. The large mass crashed into the side of a tall mountain, very near the summit where the air was thin and cold winds ripped and tore and those brave enough to go there. Out of this frozen mass. Glacius arose, and draped himself in flowing ice, as a robe. He then found a sturdy branch of white oak and jammed it into the icy remnants before him, and formed them into a spear point, razor sharp and cold as the heart of a glacier. Then he remembered. He had only one memory, but that one memory was enough to make him seethe with rage. He clenched his teeth, tightened the grip on his spear, and hatefully muttered a single word "humans"

justblade
2010-02-10, 09:52 PM
Atron

From the Swirl, Atron watched the world. Everything was as it should be. Good creates, evil destroys, good protects, evil attacks. An undending conflict. "This is the way of the cycles." Atron closed his eyes to rest, and his brain twitched.

Niezck
2010-02-10, 10:09 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

So much hate, so much anger. The humans must be protected!

Ylleth considered his options - his dragons were occupied fighting the evil ones, and he knew his manifestation wouldn't be able to protect the humans against this new evil. He had an idea.

Ylleth reached out across Servonia and tore a piece of it away, carving it slowly and carefully into a cube. Upon this cube he inscribed the means to utilise it, and with a thought it was sent hurtling towards earth.

The Powercube, as it would be known by the mortals, was designed solely to protect the sentient lives below, creating a solid dome of force that would keep out all but a god.

Seeing his creation on the earth, protecting the humans, Ylleth smiled to himself. He was succeeding as protector of the mortals. But he knew he must become more powerful to continue this role. With that thought, he grew in power.

Create Artifact - The Powercube ((3AP))
Raise Divine Rank - ((3AP))

10-6=4AP

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-11, 11:06 PM
It was all coming back to him. The humans and their damned machines. Glacius knew that if the humans were allowed to progress freely, they would surely do as they had done in the last cycle. They would build things and the world would slowly become hotter until what little natural ice there was began to melt away. He was determined to stop the humans from destroying the only pure beauty on this plane. He knew that he was the only that could stop them. Ice was his only friend, and he would be DAMNED if he was going to allow the humans to take that away from him. Glacius pressed his hands into the mountain, and ice began to seep from beneath them. Soon, the highest reaches of this mountain would be completely encased in frozen glory. The wind, in a sudden change of direction, blew from the North. And soon after, snow began to fall on the mountain and in the valley below...

Mold land 20-1=19AP

horngeek
2010-02-11, 11:29 PM
Karina, unlike many of the others, did not increase in power consiously.

Instead, as the elves worshipped her as the progniter of their species, it happened almost without her noticing, and she was not sure how she felt about it.

She was becoming more of a creator than simply a goddess of wisdom.

Raise Divine Rank: 3 AP

12-3=9 AP

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-12, 12:04 AM
Glacius

Something occurred to him. What good would an arctic paradise be without loyal creatures to inhabit it? Glacius sat down in the snow and ice and began sculpting. First, he brought polar bears to life. Next, were timberwolves. He would also need to make prey for his predatorial beasts, c'est la vie. So, he created penguins, walruses, and a virtual menagerie of arctic beasts. This was a start.

create populous:arctic animals

19-2=17AP

Johel
2010-02-12, 03:38 AM
"To the one who knows it,
Earth bestows many blessings.
Wealth for who knows where to seek
Knoweldge for who knows how to ask
Power for who knows what to call"

Dwarf proverb,
Year unknown

---

Torridas, the Valley

Torridas, living mountain gliding upon the land, advanced through the Valley, one step every decade, its focus turned solely on his charge, not concerned with the mortals who soon dwelled on his body.

Mortals... So many of them, and the world was still so young and empty. Barren earth, lifeless oceans and cloudless skies, with but the scorching light of a fireball to warm the rocks while mortals ate...what exactly ?

Not that Torridas cared : mortals were but another facet of Creation and it wasn't his charge. Or was it ? Some part of his consciousness probably thought so and, unoticed to the First Golem, divine energy spread through the ground.

Pebbles started to move, then rocks, then whole hills as the elemental spirits awakened, roaming the Primal Gem but also traveling through the Material Plane, always seeking the rich veins of rubis, emeralds, topazes, sapphirs, obsidians, diamonds and other precious stones.

These stones were made reactive to magic, each of them allowing those who knew how to weave the arcanes to accomplish much more than their mere spirit could have. This wouldn't feed mortals but this would give a spark to their creativity.

Quickly, the most faithful of mortals started to use the rare precious gemstones to ease their grasp on magic.

Create populace : Earth Elementals
Create land : Gemstone deposits
Create Concepts : Magic Gems - Allow users to create magic items and to store magic. The quality of the gem is of great importance for this. Also, future magic schools will have to be linked to specific gemstones if their users want to beneficiate from the Magic Gems.

Finally, Torridas reached the center of the Valley, the place still glowing with Karina's power. His eyes wide open, the First Golem started looking for the young goddess.

15 AP - 2 AP - 2 AP - 3 AP = 8 AP

Jallorn
2010-02-12, 11:13 AM
Even as he drew the dark one off, Sylvus drew a piece of his mind back to himself. Seeing again the death of the mortals below, Sylvus chose to champion them, gaining the mantle of Death and the Afterlife.

Gain Portfolio Element:Afterlife -2 AP

Now he had to find a place for these dead, these mortals. No, he would create it. Shifting and pulling, Sylvus used pieces from both the Astral and Material worlds to create a new world of infinite variety. Existing with the sole purpose of protecting the intelligent mortals, this plane gives them a place to rest. Itself sentient, the plane watches the material world so that it can create an area where the expectations of the dead are met. Most never leave their area until many centuries have passed, not realizing the expanse of this new world. Throughout the world are fountains of rebirth, for those who tire of this infinite existence and seek to forget and live a new life. much more rare, though equal in the infinity of their number, are the fountains of remembrance, where a creature can recover the lost memories of their past life or lives. Known as the World of Forever, it's only native inhabitants will be the mindless creatures created by the plane, and the intelligent creatures created from the freed souls of the material realm, and their descendants. Each new generation will become more and more celestial in nature however, until they become something new.

Create Plane -3 AP
World of Forever
Subjective Directional Gravity
Timeless
Infinite
Static, Sentient
Mildly Good Aligned
Limited magic (Only natives of the plane can cast spells)
Create Concept: Souls (Soulknife, Favored Soul)
Remaining AP:0

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-13, 01:27 AM
Glacius

He was pleased with his creations, and yet, he knew it was only a matter of time before the humans, and likely other races as well, would discover the beasts and begin hunting them for various purposes. Glacius knew what he needed to do, and so he once again drew a large handful of snow and began molding it into the image of a man.....no.....no, mere men wouldn't do. He needed something that could be both intelligent and fierce. He needed....Yeti. One and one-half times the height of an adult human, and covered in thick fur, white as the snow they thrive in. Yes, Yeti would be perfect. They could live in the arctic area without harming it. But what about their hunger? They would not eat the beasts that they were made to protect. Perhaps there is life in the waters nearby......no matter. The yeti will be smart enough to find food. A sadistic smile crept across the face of the freezing god. "Perhaps the Yeti race would find it suitable to feast on the flesh of the humans that i so despise....only enough to frighten them. The Yeti shall NOT be seen by human eyes until I see fit to make it happen...."

create populous:Yeti

17-2=15AP

horngeek
2010-02-13, 01:31 AM
Torridas may find Karina sitting higher up in the valley.

Johel
2010-02-13, 02:30 PM
Torridas, with Karina

The First Golem had found her. Atron's chosen one, the primary creative force of this world, a beacon of light and goodness. A beacon he had been tasked to protect but also to temper, as the unspoken laws of Creation wouldn't hold if too much changes happened at once.

But from what would a goddess need protection from ?
Torridas didn't have an answer but given the way Karina had been busy filling up Creation, if he had to guess one, he would say the goddess had to be protected...from herself.

His eyes simply glowed to hail Karina.
"-You have been very active. Much change is brought upon this reality. Much chaos will ensue. Order must be maintain."
There was no question, no polite manners or smart words. Only dry facts and the naked opinion of the elemental god.

horngeek
2010-02-13, 04:03 PM
Karina

In a way, you're right. I've been doing... too much, too fast.

Johel
2010-02-13, 04:45 PM
Torridas, with Karina

Torridas nodded.
It was a good thing that Karina was seeing things like him. Or was she ?
"-Elves and Humans have imagination. They dream, hope, learn and... Like us... They will become...and grow."
It was visibly more difficult for the First Golem to formulate his thoughts in words than it was for him to alter the landscape...which he did with but an absent thought.

In the ground, now moistered by the snows and rains, life bloomed. Small and simple at first, but quickly growing : Like some unstoppable green tide, the forests spread through the lands. Mountain ranges saw trees, bushes and vines covering the lowest part of their slopes and then following the path of rivers.

As the seasons would pass for mortals, the magic of Torridas would wear off and it would be up the plants themselves to spread their seeds, grow and survive. How would they accomplish this in a world without birds or insects ? Maybe some god would think about it. But right now, the First Golem's power was too weakened to solve this riddle.

Epic Mold land : create A LOT of forests and common plant life.
2 AP

8 AP - 2 AP = 6 AP

justblade
2010-02-13, 05:53 PM
Atron, the Swirl

Atron's mind twitched, and this time he noticed it. Hmm... Something is not right. I must tell my children. Atron focuses his mind, twitching more constantly now, and soon a herald appears before him. The herald looks like a human, but two wings sprout from his back. The left wing is pure white, with full radiant feathers. The right wing is leathery, a dark red that fades into black towards the bottom. "You will be called Tether, for you are tethered to my existence. Tell my children that their father wishes to speak with them. They may not have much time. Have them come to me here."

The herald nods and rushes off, flying hastily towards the mortal realm. His first stop is the powerful surge that Animus Nex exudes. Standing before the god of death and hunger, he speaks "Animus Nex. Your father requests your presence in the Swirl. He needs to speak to you."

As quickly as he landed, Tether rushes off to find Karina and Torridas. Not fearing to interrupt their conversation, he repeats his message to them. Again, he does not wait for a reply. With his message delivered, he hurries back to the Swirl to inform Atron that his task is accomplished.

Jallorn
2010-02-13, 07:45 PM
(Assuming Animus returns to his father)

The threat gone, Sylvus seeds the avatar with a mind of it's own and sends it to spread word of Sylvus, Lord of the Afterlife, and the Second Chance, after he recalls the naginata to himself. He tells the mortals nothing of what awaits them in the afterlife, only that they will be judged by Lision, Godling Guardian of Souls. This was what Sylvus next set out to do. Taking equal pieces of the positive an negative energy planes, he melds them into one. Adding a piece of a willing, and honorable, mortal soul, he allows the mass to take shape. Finally, the new creation stands before him, in the shape of a handsome young man, half the height of Sylvus. His clothes are colorful, and in his hands he holds a whistle made of wood. Before he says anything, he lifts the whistle to his mouth and utters forth a light hearted tune, extending his white feathered wings as he does. When he's done, he lets out a boyish laugh, then says, I will collect the souls of mortals once a week father, that will give me time to do other things as well. I will now journey among the mortals and teach them this so that they might know when to bid farewell to their loved ones. Sylvus nods in assent, understanding his new son's plan.

Beget Godish: 0AP
Lision, Godling Guardian of Souls
(DR:0) Bard 10/Cleric 3/Warlock 3
Symbol: A wooden tin whistle with 2 angelic wings wrapped around it.
Home: World of Forever
Alignment: N
Domains: N/A, Indifference
Portfolio: Souls
Favored Weapon: Music

horngeek
2010-02-13, 07:48 PM
However, apparently our father wants to talk to us about something. I would consider it prudent to go...

We'll finish our conversation later, all right, brother?

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-13, 07:57 PM
Glacius

He stood at the summit of the mountain where he first became, and looked out over the valley below. Everything seemed so dull down there. Thats when he saw it. The green. It was sprouting from everywhere, and spreading quickly. Trees, bushes, flowers, grasses...... As if that weren't enough, they began growing on the lowest areas of this mountain. HIS mountain. He was taken aback, "What force is this that created these hideous forms, and how bold of them to make them grow here... This must be stopped before they spread any further up my mountainside." He had an idea. Glacius took a deep breath, and released from it a powerful roar. Then he waited until he heard it....the rumbling.....he'd done it. The avalanche had been triggered...

Niezck
2010-02-13, 08:22 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Ylleth observes the happenings of the mortal world with intruige.

If this continues, I must intervene.

Ylleth speaks to nobody in particular, but yet as though he were talking to a court. His mind wanders ... Summoning some of the powers he had in life, he reaches out across the cosmos and finds his target.

Lision, you must come to me here in Servonia, I have need to speak to you. Do not delay.

Jallorn
2010-02-13, 09:14 PM
Naturally, Lision does delay, spending some very enjoyable time at a small dance, playing his whistle and singing. He does reluctantly drag himself away early however, searching for the one who called him. What is it that you want? I am very busy, but would like to help, he says amiably when he arrives.

Niezck
2010-02-13, 09:19 PM
You have been charged with ferrying the dead to the beyond, correct?

Not waiting for a reply, Ylleth continues.

I wish for the option to be open for those that wish to inhabit this place, and practice their magics. However, allow this option only to the great defenders of the world, for they will be my children.

With that, Ylleth focuses his thoughts and the demigod before him vanishes, being sent back to his party on the material plane.

It is done.

Jallorn
2010-02-13, 09:24 PM
Invisible to the mortal eye in but an instant, Lision grumbles to himself before consulting his father, who tells him that it is a fair thing Ylleth asks. conceding the point, Lision returns to the duty of spreading his word.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-13, 09:27 PM
Animus Nex

Animus charges out to meet the avatar of the god, a monstrous howl of hunger rips from his lips and his Ranseur flares with unholy power... but he stops. He twitches in a rictus dance, and then stands tall and imposing, before fading away.

Animus Nex, with Atron

The huge Devourer stands before Atron with his Ranseur held beside him, but he does not speak. Only the faintest glimmer of rationale keeps him from leaping upon his father in cannibalistic soul-hunger.

12AP=15AP-3AP Create Battle Artifact: Impaler of Souls

justblade
2010-02-13, 09:45 PM
Atron, Animus Nex, the Swirl

The rapidly changing alignment of the Swirl makes it an uncomfortable place to be, even momentarily. While no god risks real damage here, only Atron --the constant war between good and evil in his mind-- seems unaffected by the waves of positive and negative energy.

"Hello Son. Thank you for coming so quickly. Your siblings will be here soon, I suspect. Then I will give you my message."

Johel
2010-02-14, 05:25 AM
Torridas, with Karina

"-We will..."
This said, the First Golem stepped forward, his body slowly sucked by the dirt as it traveled between the planes.

Torridas, the Swirl

Passing through the Ether, Torridas emerged in the raging whirlpool of light and darkness that was the Swirl. While not anarchic in itself, the place lacked the quiet and peaceful immobility favored by the elemental god.

His marble face not letting see his unconfort, the First Golem stared at his father, his eyes glowing faintly with the usual dim yellow light.
"-You called. I come. Speak."

horngeek
2010-02-14, 06:08 AM
Karina, the Swirl

Karina also steps onto this place, shifting uncomfortably at the rapid shifts.

justblade
2010-02-14, 04:52 PM
Atron, Torridas, Karina, Animus Nex, the Swirl

My children. Thank you all for coming to me. Atron's mind twitches, and the Swirl spasms with it, the conflicting energies making it almost painful to be there. Atron does not seem to notice."I have been watching things for the past few days, and the world is growing. Good and Evil, Law and Chaos: They battle constantly for control of existence. They battle for control of my mind. The war of Good and Evil especially grows strong. I have felt it for some time, but I fear that it will soon grow beyond my control. I feel that it will destroy me, and I do not think it will be long. You are my children, and I wanted to tell you that I lie on my death bed. So fitting that the first god of this cycle should be also the first to die. I want all of you to do what you have been doing so well.

Karina: Teach and protect.
Torridas: Keep the balance.
Animus Nex: Eat and destroy.

However, I must ask something more of you. Each of you. When I die, there will be certain things left unfinished, and I would advise you three to take care of them, however you see fit.

Karina: Cycles of seasons. Keep the winter in check. I have felt its presence grow stronger lately.
Animus Nex: There is a strange god, that does not come from our family. I see that you have already felt his presence. I do not trust him. Be sure he does not grow too powerful. Kill him if you must.
Torridas: Perfect order is unmovable. If you would learn to truly keep harmony, you must learn to laugh.

You are dismissed, my children. If you have further questions, you may stay and ask them, but I see that you are not comfortable here. You may go your ways whenever you wish. Thank you for coming to me."

Atron finishes his spiel with a sigh, the twitches in his mind becoming more noticeable and obviously more painful for him.

OOC: I just want to make it clear that Atron's requests should be taken as fatherly advice. I'm not telling anyone how to play their characters, so please ignore him entirely if you feel like it. I hope this doesn't offend anyone :smallsmile:

horngeek
2010-02-14, 08:19 PM
Karina, The Swirl

Karina nods to her father. Very well. I will do these things.

Johel
2010-02-15, 05:31 AM
Torridas

Learn to laugh ?
The First Golem seemed to hesitate for a few seconds. Then he opened his mouth...and laughed. Or at least, he tried. The sound that went out could have been compared to the one of a goat whose teeth would have been ripped against a metal sheet while gutting her...

Worst, there was none of the spontaneity that usually comes along natural laughs, making the whole attempt sounds artificial and forced. Torridas noticed how horrible that was and stopped.

"-Best to let the fun for others."

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-15, 11:28 AM
Glacius

The tidal wave of snow that he had sent flowing down the mountain brought a smile to his face. The rumbling and the vibrations from the avalanche pleased him greatly. Not to mention the fact that those blemishes....trees they're called...would be erased from his mountain. He began to wonder how the people living in the valley would handle this "disaster" and he began to chuckle quietly...

justblade
2010-02-15, 12:02 PM
Atron, Torridas, etc

Atron winced at the sound that came from Torridas's throat, and his brain twitched violently. "On second thought, my son, don't ever do that again. Please. For all our sakes."

Niezck
2010-02-15, 12:03 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Seeing the disaster below, Ylleth felt compelled to intervene. Reaching into the elemental chaos, Ylleth withdrew the fiery heart of the plane and thrust it onto the material plane. This raw essence took shape and mind and called itself Pyros.

Beget God (Pyros, DR1) ((3AP))

Name: Pyros, Lord of Flame
Player: Niezck
(DR:1) Wizard 10/Elemental Savant 8 (Fire)
Symbol: A flame
Home: Servonia
Alignment: CN
Domains: Fire
Portfolio: Summer
Favored Weapon: Spear

You will balance the strength of the winter with fiery might, always maintain this balance.

Pyros, Material Plane

Seeing the great avalanche approaching the village with nothing to hep them, Pyros summoned his might and called upon the fiery heart of the earth. A great rumble rolled across the valley, as the mountainside exploded in fiery destruction. The first volcano.

The lava spewed out of the top and raced down the mountainside, overtaking the snow with a roar. It grinded to a halt just before the entrance to the valley, and began to cool.

It is done.

Mold Land (Volcano) ((1AP))

Ylleth - 4-3=1AP
Pyros - 2-1=1AP

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-15, 01:43 PM
Glacius

His pleasure soon turned to complete and utter horror. At the same time, he both heard, saw, and smelled the volcano bursting from a neighboring mountain. "Who is responsible creating this abomination!?!?!?!?!" he screamed from the mountaintop. He was now both seething with anger and fearing for his safety. He had to find a way to stop this volcanic nightmare, and soon. Perhaps he could find another deity to help him. He reached out with his mind to the protector of the humans and also to the deity who created the plants and trees, and requested an audience with them. He waits anxiously for their replies...

Niezck
2010-02-15, 08:25 PM
Pyros, Material Plane

Feeling the need to feel heat once more, Pyros ascended the mountainside and slowly sank into the volcano, enjoying the purifying fire. Here he declared his home, the first volcano, overlooking the valley of the elves and watching over the peek of Glacius. It was perfect.

Johel
2010-02-16, 03:26 PM
Torridas, the Swirl

*Ding* You got a message !!

Torridas didn't move an inch as the mental alarm rang.
And we really mean not an inch : the First Golem stood there, in the middle of the Swirl, looking blankly at his father, waiting for new instructions.

His current mission was to protect Karina and prevent her to create too much goodness. As far as the goddess staid in the Swirl, there was no reason to worry about her actions or her security.

The news of a huge fiery wave of molten rocks blocking another wave of frozen water wasn't his concern : it was nothing. One of his other brothers had risen mountain ranges from the ground, scaring continents. Most of the others had created whole planes of existance.

And that god was texting him for a bit of vapor and mud ?

To Glacius
*Ding* You got a message !!
"-Am busy... Get lost..."

horngeek
2010-02-16, 03:37 PM
Karina left the Swirl, moving to the valley. For now, she just pondered...

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-16, 04:53 PM
Glacius

Watching cautiously, he observes some form, apparently a new god, ascend the volcano and submerge himself within the lava. The sight made Glacius sick to his stomach. He turned away in disgust, and then he felt it. A response from....from a godly form who calls himself Torridas...he says he's "too busy" to grant my request at the moment. "How foolish of him to ignore me" Glacius mumbled. "I'll deal with him later. For now, I need some help to do something about this towering plague of a mountain next door." Glacius reaches out again, this time to Karina. Surely she would show some concern for her precious elves. The volcanic eyesore was just as much a threat to them as anyone.

horngeek
2010-02-16, 05:00 PM
Karina looks at Glacius. You wanted something?

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-16, 05:34 PM
Glacius

Thank you for such a quick response Karina. I have a major concern for the safety of the valley-dwellers. You see that mountain there *points to volcano*?
Its a volcano. It just burst to life not long ago. In fact, it sent a firey wave of lava flowing down the mountainside, and had i not triggered an avalanche to stop it when i did, the valley-dwellers would surely be dead. Something needs to be done about that wretched thing. Its only purpose is to destroy needlessly. Yes, the world needs destruction, but i feel that ourselves and our fellow gods can take care of that without putting innocents in harms way. You should also know that i saw something...possibly a lower deity, submerge himself in the lava not long ago. I assume he is still within. He needs to be put in check at the very least. I fear that if he is allowed to continue his escapades without resistance, that his lava will flow and destroy the land, and also increase its mass by flowing into the sea and hardening. It just isnt fair to the rest of us who are merely trying to do our duties to have to endure this. Surely you can see why i'm so concerned.

horngeek
2010-02-16, 05:36 PM
Karina, The Valley

I will speak with the person responsible for this, and hear his side of the story. Then I will make my decision.

Jallorn
2010-02-16, 05:40 PM
Having discovered Glacius while searching for what he lost, Sylvus summons his avatar, temporarily displacing the mind within. Transporting the avatar, he descends upon the mountain in a dark cloud, reconstituting itself into his image. Lier! he booms, I know you. I used to be you in many ways. As you were once me. I declare to you now, this is you second chance as it is mine, you get no more, do not waste it.

horngeek
2010-02-16, 05:44 PM
And what is your side of this tale?

Jallorn
2010-02-16, 05:56 PM
I know only that this one lies. We were one and the same recently enough that in many ways we still are. He will always be less than I however, unless he learns from the mistakes of the past. Whatever they were.

Niezck
2010-02-16, 05:57 PM
Pyros, Material Plane

Observing the discussion below, Pyros emerges from his volanic palace and addresses the gods below.

I am the one responsible. My father, Ylleth, created me to balance this new evil, and I have done such. Do not interfere with the balance, it must be maintained regardless of the cost. That was my first and last instruction from my father.

horngeek
2010-02-16, 06:03 PM
Karina sighs. In fact, I could tell that the volcano is likely to make fertile soil, in time, creating good conditions for this place.

What is your name, grandchild of mine?

Niezck
2010-02-16, 06:07 PM
Recognizing this deity as his grandmother, Pyros stood up straight in respect. I am Pyros, and my fires burn eternally. I will create others like this across this planet, balancing the harsh cold of the evil one.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-16, 06:09 PM
Galcius

As he listened to the discussion going on around him, he was becoming increasingly nervous.

Sylvus..wha.....i never called to you. And you, you say your name is Pyros? Well, i have a proposition for you. It occurs to me that the valley-dwellers do not have easy access to water. Perhaps you could use your power to melt the earth in a way so that fresh cool water may flow from a stream that comes from my mountain. I can keep this stream flowing with runoff from melting snow and ice and the valley-dwellers will have an endless supply of fresh water to drink and wash with and cook with. And perhaps if you make a pond for them, they can catch food there. And in the colder parts of the year, i can coat the pond in ice so that they may frollic and be merry upon it. Perhaps this could also be an apology to you, Karina, for deceiving you.

Clever thinking would get him out of this mess. It HAD to. Otherwise....Sylvus, Karina, and Pyros would surely kill him...or imprison him. The thought made him shiver. He anxiously awaited Pyros and Karina's decisions on the current matter.

Jallorn
2010-02-16, 06:15 PM
I do not trust this... Glacius. Sylvus advises the two, But I would give him the benefit of the doubt. At the least, good can come from the opposition of evil. Now, my avatar has duties, he must return to them. I myself can be found on the astral plane, if you so desire communication. Having finished, Sylvus parts with his avatar again, returning him to himself, and telling him to return to his task.

horngeek
2010-02-16, 06:25 PM
Very well.

But we also need a method to ensure that in any struggles we may have, we do not destroy this world.

Karina waits for any ideas from others.

Jallorn
2010-02-16, 06:44 PM
Sylvus's newly freed avatar speaks up, It is not my place to speak for my god, at least, not to other gods, but I have spent much time among the mortals, and I must say that they would not be happy if the battle between good and evil were decided without them.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-16, 06:53 PM
Glacius

Very well, i see no reason the humans and elves shouldn't shouldn't have a say in their own fates. It is their right, is it not?

While trying is best to be calm and civil on the outside, Glacius was scared and angry within. He was actually going to have to be in the presence of those little mortal pests and he wouldn't even be able to hurt them.....this time. All he could do for now is argue his case and hope that the other gods,Karina and Pyros especially, would agree to his plan to create a way to get fresh water to the valley-dwellers. Once that was done, he would have a clear path to their villages. Then, their demise would come on swift and icy wings...

Niezck
2010-02-16, 07:11 PM
Moments ago you attempted to raze the valley with your avalanche. Why would you now wish to help them by providing fresh water? Logic betrays you, evil one.

justblade
2010-02-16, 07:28 PM
ROLLOVER: Week II beginning!

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-16, 08:15 PM
Glacius

Perhaps i did not make it clear. I wish to help the people as a means of apologizing to you and Karina. I have realized the error of my action and wish to correct it.

justblade
2010-02-16, 10:11 PM
The Swirl, ???

In the Swirl, Atron closes his eyes. His mind twitches, and it twitches, and it twitches. It does not stop. This is the end Atron thinks to himself. He lays down to die, but he was certainly not prepared for what happened next.

Somewhere in his mind, the war triumphs. The conflict Atron has felt since the Cycle began takes complete control of the Balance-Keeper. It was Atron who closed his eyes. It was someone else who opened them.

[roll0]

The Swirl blackened, and finally it stayed put. Kalat smiled his sinister smile, looking at Animus Nex with glee. "This is more like it. No more balance. Just simple, pure destruction!"

Rollover=3AP
Evolve (Become Lyron/Kalat)=3 AP
1AP=3-3+1(evolution); 3 actions stored

Johel
2010-02-17, 04:07 PM
Torridas, the Swirl

The sudden change of atmosphere in his father's plane made the First Golem feel even less easy. Being torn between Good and Evil was unconfortable at worst. But falling freely into Evil's darkest abyss was something Torridas wasn't ready to experience. Not yet.

"-I'll be back..."

This said, like he had come, Torridas vanished in the "ground", seemingly metling with the very essence of the Swirl.

Torridas, the Primal Gem

The once empty and silent corridors of the elemental plane weren't silent anymore. Still mostly empty, though, but the various kind of Earth elementals had settled in while their creator was away. Faithful to their home's image, they had formed a highly hierarchical society, based as much on age as on size.

Born of magic, the elementals fed on it, although none had any talent to manipulate the Arcanes. And what better nutriment for them than the gemstones that doted the Primal Gem ? As the minerals naturally store magic, they were prized by the elementals, both for their taste and potential nutritive value.

However, as abundant as the gemstones were here, they seldom had any magic, what with Torridas being the only source of it and him having been away for centuries.

And so, it had become common practice for young elementals to cross the Emerald Gate to venture through the Material Plane, where magic was raging. There, prospecting the underground, they collected their prize and brought it home, as a display of power and experience. Some young fools would actually consume such treasure to gain a vast, albeit temporary power.

Others, more wise, would seek ways to siphon the magic without breaking the jewel. Some would slowly develop crafting while the more spiritual ones would search the truth in themselves. Both would eventually band together, formalizing the existing hierarchy under a name : the Diamond Brotherhood, a formidable beacon of Order that would grow over the centuries, with the discreet blessing of Torridas.

Of course, mortals wouldn't ear about it until much later...

Create Concept :
Spiritual Quest
Monks, Adepts
Create Organization:
The Diamond Brotherhood.
A large organization whose members (mainly Earth Elementals) try to achieve the impossible feat to become gemstones themselves while still keeping their spirit.
While most understand that their quest will be fruitless, they still believe it will bring them enlightenment, if only about Creation's many hidden truths.
The Diamond Brotherhood is composed of monks but also of a good deal of adepts and a few priests, mostly those of Torridas. The various ranks of the organization are named after precious stones, with diamond at the top.

6 AP + 3 AP - 2 AP - 3 AP = 4 AP

Niezck
2010-02-17, 09:48 PM
Pyros, Material Plane

Summon me when you wish to converse with the elves and humans, for now I must release the fiery heart of this world.

With that, Pyros ascended the mountain once more and submerged himself. Then a great tremor spread across the wold, and the first volcanos began sprouting up through the peaks of the mountains, some raining fiery destruction on the landscape, while others merely boiled within themselves.

Mold Land - Volcanos ((1AP))

Now, I must leave protectors, to stop this evil one from destroying the raging heart of this world.

Pyros drew upon the fiery essence his father created him from, and sculpted it in his mind into the great form of a fire giant. This would be the ideal protector, one of the flame itself whose raw power would be contensted only by the greatest beings of this world. He drew upon the lava surrounding him, and began sculpting.

Create Populace: Fire Giants ((2AP))

His first fire giants looked to him and wondered about their purpose. Great one, what are we to do?

You will forge a fiery empire, greater than any others, and you will protect the fiery heart of the world itself. I will travel this world, and protect my interests, you will remain here and begin the empire.

1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 0AP

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-17, 11:14 PM
Glacius

"More of them?!?!?!?!?! What gives Pyros the right to spring up volcanoes wherever he damn well pleases, while i've got just one peak under my control. And then he made fire giants. I think that's just a bit much. I mean, i understand the whole counterbalance thing, but that is overkill" Glacius grumbled. Karina, i need to speak with you alone. Pyros is starting to warrant greater concern.

horngeek
2010-02-17, 11:17 PM
Karina nods. Very well.

She leads Glacius a bit away from the others. What is your concern?

Jallorn
2010-02-17, 11:19 PM
No longer needed, Sylvus avatar casts a spell to teleport himself, returning to his duties. He has also chosen a name. He shall be known as Sylvatar.

I swear, I didn't mean to combine Sylvus and avatar into one word when I came up with that, which is the only reason I'm going with it. :smallbiggrin:

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-17, 11:51 PM
Glacius

Well, Karina, it seems to me that Pyros is disregarding the system of balance set forth by Atron. He's sprung up volcanos all over the place and even created a race of fire giants. It's just too much for me alone to try and keep balanced. Hot with cold, you see. Too many volcanoes will surely destroy the land before the humans and elves can learn to defend themselves from the lava.

horngeek
2010-02-18, 12:40 AM
Karina

I agree that it is slightly worrying...

however, you could have raised these concerns while the others were present.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-18, 12:43 AM
Glacius

Well actually, i couldn't have seeing as how he didnt take the aforementioned actions until we had disbanded our meeting.

horngeek
2010-02-18, 12:45 AM
{{Oops. My bad}}

I will speak to him about it.

justblade
2010-02-18, 12:50 AM
The Twin-Faced God

Leaving the Swirl for the first time since he created it, the Twin-Faced God decides to take a journey through the planes. He travels through the astral plane to look at creation, and he passes through the various planes the other gods have created. He has no goals, no destinations, at least not yet. Right now, he wants to look at things, to see them as they are. His power is drained from his recent transformation, and he wants to get a look at things.

Anyone whose plane TFG passes through will feel his presence. If anyone wants to stop him and talk, feel free to do so. But there's no telling which personality you'll get :smallyuk:

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-18, 01:17 AM
Glacius

Yes, please do that. Thank you.

If he could get Karina to limit Pyros's activity in the area, aside from creating the stream for the village, Glacius could set his plan in motion. Of course, now he knew he would have to be somewhat sneaky about it. He could not.....WOULD not be imprisoned.

Jallorn
2010-02-18, 01:18 AM
Feeling a divine presence pass through the World of Forever, Sylvus frowns. That place is for mortals, not gods. It will be their save haven, their peace. With a great will, Sylvus imparts some of his energy to the plane, instructing it to permit no gods save Lision to enter.

Lock Plane -2 AP

Remaining AP: 1

justblade
2010-02-18, 01:34 AM
Realizing he had just been exiled from the land he had just walked through, Kalt turned angrily. He began beating his fists upon the barriers that held him out. He could do nothing about it. Yet. He would grow in power. He would become so unstoppable, that he would break down these gates and destroy everything inside! After the slaughter of the creations, Kalat would hunt down whoever made them in the first place and tear their head straight off his shoulders! He didn't know what he would do after that. Maybe go back to exploring the other planes. I mean, wasn't that what he was doing before? So... yeah. Get stronger. Break things. Break more things. Break a god. Go back to exploring. Eh, for now, he'll skip to the exploring. But he'll come back for the rest of it! if he doesn't forget

And with that, the Twin-Faced continued walking until he got to the next plane

horngeek
2010-02-18, 01:56 AM
Karina

Karina turns as she senses the intrusion into her home.

Excuse me, Glacius.

Karina travels to her home. The Library. ...how did you get here?

justblade
2010-02-18, 01:59 AM
The man in the robes turns to look at the Keeper of the Wisdom

[roll0]

Karina, I am Lyron. We are like siblings, you and I, although I'm sure we've never met in person. Please sit down, may I bring you a cup of tea? I... This isn't my home. It's yours! I'm your guest! This is all so exciting!

horngeek
2010-02-18, 02:03 AM
Karina frowns. All right.

She summons up some tea, and serves it out. When you say we're like siblings, what do you mean?

justblade
2010-02-18, 02:11 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7913302&postcount=840

He smiled warmly at his sister. "You are Atron's daughter. I am Atron's remnant. Not a child, necessarily. But close enough. Your father is dead, by the way. I'm not sure if you've heard the news for sure yet. But it happened just recently. The war is over. Our side won."

horngeek
2010-02-18, 02:18 AM
Karina

he said he was dying, but it's still... so soon.

So, what are you going to do?

justblade
2010-02-18, 02:24 AM
I will wander this world for a while. Take in the sights. Enjoy things that please me. Then, I'll live out my life and die in greatness. Not like my predecessor. He let a war that never existed kill him, you know. Good vs Evil, and all that. Pure rubbish. We are what we are, each of us. That's all. I feel like you're a woman who understands the joy that can be found in pleasures. Two minds like ours, we should work together. Who else has these kind of ideals?

horngeek
2010-02-18, 02:33 AM
Karina frowns. I happen to disagree with your statement that it's 'pure rubbish'...

Niezck
2010-02-18, 01:45 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

While the others were busying themselves with the matters of the mortals and Atron, Ylleth came to a decision. He could not protect the interests of the mortals alone, nor could he manage every minor event. He must create a force, even greater than his metallic dragons, dedicated to the maintaining of law and order on the material plane. He would call them Peacekeepers.

Create Race: Peacekeepers (Think Inevitables, but dedicated to protecting rather than hunting offenders.) ((3AP))

Ylleth began by creating the form of a great being, stronger than nearly all who existed on the material plane. His Peacekeepers would have to be mighty, and be able to overcome any foe. To that end, he gifted them with some of his own powers, imbuing their very forms with the ability to call upon a variety of spells.

He created hundreds of them, one after another, filling Servonia with his powerful new minions.

My children, your mission is thus: protect the innocents of the material plane. When my power grows once more, I will create a portal that you must guard eternally. For now, we begin training.

Ylleth reached out and picked his first Inevitable, the one he called Notrigal.

You will be the first general, and they will follow your commands.

Beget God-ish: Notrigal ((0AP))

With that, his 1001 Peacekeepers began their training, preparing for the time when they would descend to the material plane.

1 + 3 - 3 = 1AP

Ra_Va
2010-02-18, 04:59 PM
Despite the glowing amount of new life appearing on the material plane, beyond it was still abyssal the only existence in this area was a feeling of pain. The pain was the feeling of creation, the creation of a being not sappost to exist, a perversion of Nature, a perversion of Law. He laid floating in this abyss newly-born, naked, and already with a guest for power. Looking down on the material plain, the Stag Headed Devil already had ideas of conquest. He fell. As he fell he thought of a worthy name for himself, Kiuas. He landed, but on the plain he sought to conquer. He landed in the Elemental Plains, the celestial home of all Godly and Magical Energy.

Instinctingly he started to mold something. He was slowly creating a new plane in-between what is known as the Chaos Elemental Plane and an unclaimed plane filled with water. He used the energies of both to create and shape his new plane. The plane he created on was barren, dry, devoid of live. He saw potential in the barren wasteland and lifted his hand, and in-front of him a tower started to emerge the dark tower simply continued to grow inside the tower in the tallest point was his throne room. By Nature he claimed to the very land itself that he was its new ruler, and it shaped to his will. He picked up some sand to realize it was not sand, but Salt.

[[ Two Free actions: Choose Home. One 3 point Godly action: create plane ]]

Jallorn
2010-02-18, 05:40 PM
Sylvus calls out to Glacius. Despite his worries over this corruption of Atron, he must continue to work towards peace, including a peace of some sort with his evils, even if all he does is blunt them. Glacius, I have an idea that may aid you in preventing the fire lord from destroying that which you clearly hold dear.

OOC, my idea is thus: Glacius and Pyros work together to create two new gods, one of steam, and one of water (or some similar variation). Both will be a combination of the two gods in both powers and ideals, though they will vary within those wide parameters naturally. The water god would probably go with Glacius, and Sylvus would ask Pyros to pour as much good into him as he can manage so that the water god could support Glacius in his prevention of humanity's destruction of the world, but blunt his greater evils. Whether this works is up to you two to play out. You guys up for it?

justblade
2010-02-18, 05:58 PM
TFG, Karina

Karina frowns. I happen to disagree with your statement that it's 'pure rubbish'...

"Of course it's rubbish. Good and evil exist, certainly. But there is no war except what Atron imagined. I have transcended that point, as should all the gods. There is no point in waging a fool's war against your differences. It serves only to destroy, not to create. Atron was mad to believe otherwise. Of course there ought to be a balance, but it should be done with creation and harmony, not with war and destruction."

horngeek
2010-02-18, 06:05 PM
Karina

Oh? And you think that the evil gods will just agree to this?

justblade
2010-02-18, 06:28 PM
"Evil has as much ability to create as good. Look at what Atron did. He created the chromatic dragons, who are most assuredly evil. He gave birth to gods of good, evil, and neutrality. Glacius is evil. He was the first to create animal life. Evil can give life, reshape the lands, and move the cycles on as well as anyone else. Why would you be so arrogant as to believe that good alone has the ability to create?
And good has as much potential to destroy as evil. Pure good is zealotry. Beings of such goodness believe that they must combat evil at all times, even when there is no evil to combat. In these times, they will create evil just to fight it. When this happens, much good can be destroyed simply because it is different, because pure good cannot accept that different does not have to be evil.
I will now continue my walk. Think over the things that I've said, Karina."

With that, Atron's replacement continues on his way, moving on towards the next plane of existence.

Niezck
2010-02-18, 06:32 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Not having left his home for centuries, Ylleth is present when the new god comes visiting.

What are you doing here? Do you not know that this is my domain? Who are you?

Immediately suspicious of this foreign power entering his precious Servonia, Ylleth eyes this new god with suspect. He cannot risk the other gods knowing about his army before they are implemented.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-18, 09:15 PM
Glacius

Sylvus, i will agree to speak with you and Pyros, as your intentions for this meeting seem to be just. Inform me when and where the three of us will meet as soon as you speak to Pyros. Then we shall discuss.

Glacius was uncertain what Sylvus had brewing in his mind, but surely he wouldn't make an attempt on his life or freedom. Just in case, he needed to be prepared for anything. Glacius focused his energies and summoned his mighty Yeti to the mountaintop. "I have been waiting for the proper moment to teach you, and that moment has come. Open your minds and accept this wisdom that i impart to you, my creations."

teach populous: weapon and armor crafting

15+2-1=16AP

justblade
2010-02-19, 12:14 AM
TFG, Ylleth
[roll0]

The Twin-Faced God smiles at the deity here. "Forgive me. The way was open, and I did not think it harmful to enter. I have seen you. You are Ylleth, the protector. I saw you when we were one, when we were foolish."

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-19, 11:42 AM
With the corruption of the Elemental Chaos by the First Devil, a great disturbance was felt as far as the natural world. In response to this anticipated threat, the planet awoke its greatest champion. Unbeknown to the gods, a great deal of divine energy had amassed around the planet's core, in the trees, the rivers and the mountains, since the dawn of the world. All this energy was finally put to use as it poured into a lifeless body grown deep underground. Embodying survival, evolution and the ruthlessness of Nature, the furious newborn violently escaped from its nest and vanished in the night sky.

The healing could begin...

------------------------

A Wasteland, Somewhere

Five red dragons were surveying the area around their lair, which encompassed a vast, scorched plain, when they saw the shadow of a huge creature falling rapidly and crashing into the ground, just a few miles away. They went to investigate and found, much to their surprise, a man laying in the bottom of a crater...a crater several times as large as him. The man rolled on his back and looked straight at the dragons. He was strange, they thought; they had seen many humans and many elves in their lifetime, but none was quite like him. This one had horns and scales and blood red orbs for eyes. The youngest drake roared, intending to frighten the creature; what good was a prey if it just laid there waiting to be eaten? The other dragons laughed. But as he lept on his feet, the strange man also laughed.

Pathetic creatures you are. Filth. Abomination. I wonder who made you? I shall have a word with them. Anyhow, you are not leaving alive. I won't let you further desecrate this land.

Wisps of smoke came out of the dragon's mouth as he spoke:

Boldly stated! But I am not convinced of your superiority.

The man picked up a dead branch which turned into a magic greatclub. As he did, vines as strong as steel burst out of the ground and grabbed the five drakes. He walked forward gripping his club and saw fear in their eyes, as they now realized what they were up against.

I am.

------------------------

Once the threat of the red dragons was dealt with, the newborn god climbed a nearby hill, without even taking the time to wash the blood from his hands. He didn't understood exactly how he had gotten there, or how he had made that crater, but he did know something: he had a purpose.

Know that I am Bel and that I bring salvation! The world is finally alive and well!

He summoned all his powers and proceeded to nurture the tortured land around him. Soon, the ash and the red dirt were gone, replaced by a vibrant jungle. Then, Bel weaved the threads of life into new forms; from under leaves, rocks and bark crawled millions of insects. The ponds and the lakes of the region were full of fish and amphibians. Reptiles, his favorite creations, emerged from dark caves and established themselves as top predators. Colorful birds filled the branches of trees and sang in honor of the Beastlord. A watchful observer could also detect the presence of a few small mammals, rodents and monkeys mainly.

Once his work was done, the Horned Father immediately disappeared in the heart of the jungle, for it was time for the Hunt to begin.

3 ap bonus action: Create animals
1 ap = 2 ap -1 ap Mold land (or nourrish land, same thing): Jungle of Bel

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-19, 12:00 PM
Animus Nex, The Swirl

The Death God had stood, waiting, his bestial mind simmering with unrealized potential. As he was buffeted by the ebbs and flows of the contradictory space of the Swirl, pieces of his hunger, fragments of his soul-self, began to come loose. Always they were replaced, always was he left whole, but from himself new beings, like himself but smaller and weaker, began to form. As more and more of them formed they began to howl and bay at the Death God in their hunger, their soul-starved minds craven with desire, but what little rationale they had bound their loyalty to the living statue. After what seemed like eons, but may have only been hours, or days, Animus Nex looked about him to see crowds of the unholy things roaring, baying, howling, snarling and chanting in guttural ur-speak. Animus Nex lifted up his Ranseur and smashed the butt on the swirling vortex, but it echoed as if on solid ground, and let out a roar that dwarfed all others, and the Devourers grew silent. Animus Nex lifted up his Ranseur once more and cut a hole in the realm. Inside was a realm of infinite possibilities, and infinite death. A stark black realm studded with the glowing lights of all the souls that would be, and could be. These lights flowed from the skies and swelled, until they would disappear to become some unborn mortal. It would be wrong to say that Animus Nex created this place, for it always was, but truly he discovered it, his instinct as god of Death and souls lead him here. His Devourers entered this place with an unusual quiet, and reverence. Even they would not despoil so sacred a place. From here, the Devourers would roam, consuming their fill of souls, but so too would they guard the home of unborn souls, of all that could be.

20AP=22AP-2AP Create Populous: Devourers -3AP Create Plane: Souldew

Jallorn
2010-02-19, 04:24 PM
Pyrus, Sylvus now calls out, May I speak to you upon the Astral Plane?

Johel
2010-02-20, 02:10 PM
Just making a quick recap of the Material Plane's current state.
Correct if I'm wrong.

Torridas, the Primal Gem

Time passed under the First Golem's watchful gaze. He felt the subtle changes that occurred through the planes as new creatures were born and learned the truth of Creation.

While each world was unique and was still evolving on its own, Torridas focused most of his watch upon the Material Plane, milestone where all other planes seem to meet, due to some karmic law. His reason for doing so was clear : numerous creations, temporary unbalances and disasters in the making, all of this was boiling in this small world. New gods had awaken and already, they had contributed to Creation.

In the skies, metallic dragons, spawn of Ylleth, under the wise guidance of Valor, were fighting their corrupted brethren, the chromatic dragons, loosly gathered together by Verkania's endless schemes. Their endless holy wars had already devastated whole regions and would probably wipe out both species eventually. But right now, in the eyes of most mortals, dragons were more gods than the gods themselves.

On the top of frozen mountains, the Yeti race sharpened sticks and learned the crude ways of metallurgy, litting small fires to smelt what few ore they found. How such creatures, born from the cold, could bear the warm embrace of fire was beyond the First Golem's understanding. But one thing was sure : violence would soon spark and consume their society.

In the lush lands of the Valley, the elves kept living a carefree life, with the cult of Karina providing to their every need. Free of material burden, the elves spent their time in the pursuit of various creative activities. An hedonist, happy people they were, although still too primitive to be called a civilization.

Behind the sheltering walls of the Power Cube, the core of the human race was failing to accomplish anything significant. And while thousands upon thousands of tribes spread across the lands, they remained small disorganized groups, falling preys to dragons or worshiping them.

Along the rivers of lava that spread from volcanoes, the Fire Giants were still discovering their world, staying close from their creator's realm, surrounded by thick jungles that, under the mystic influence of some mysterious being, had grown recently on the lands made fertile by volcanic eruptions.

Niezck
2010-02-20, 02:48 PM
Pyros, Material Plane

I will come.

With that, Pyros re-materialised on the Astral plane and waited for the other god.

Ylleth, Servonia

That is correct, now you must leave - I have work to do and I cannot be disturbed.

Jallorn
2010-02-20, 03:04 PM
Meeting Pyrus on the Astral Plane, Sylvus gets straight to business, I have created a plan that should blunt some of Glacius's evils. The two of you can combine your powers to create two new gods. If you can influence at least one to be more good, while letting his domain of power be closer to Glacius's, he will be able to keep Glacius from doing greater evils. Are you up for it?

Niezck
2010-02-20, 03:15 PM
I fail to see the point? We are, as of now, opposites in both power and ability. We cancel each other perfectly, why would we need yet more gods to complicate the matter?

Realising he's ranting slightly, Pyros sighs and begins again, calmer this time.

We are exact opposites, I see no reason to further complicate the situation. I will prevent him from gaining an upper hand on the world, and he will do the same to me. Surely this is satisfactory?

Jallorn
2010-02-20, 05:17 PM
Quite a narrow view my friend. Black and white are just shades of gray. If you keep to such a straightforward strategy, there will be collateral damage, most of it innocent. Trust my wisdom, and my guilt. I have made many more mistakes than you have.

horngeek
2010-02-20, 08:04 PM
Karina

Karina, standing a distance away... from anything, really, frowned.

There are gods for all the elements except for air.

She started shaping, forming the new goddess from divine power.

Awaken. Choose your name...

Beget Player God: Rera (0 AP)

justblade
2010-02-20, 08:28 PM
TFG, Ylleth

[roll0]

"Such manners to treat a guest with. If you want no visitors, perhaps you should not leave the way open to all who would come past. I have seen your work on the world. I will leave, but I worry for the world when its protector shows such hostility to a friendly visitor."

With that, the Twin-Faced leaves, continuing his travels to the next plane.

Ra_Va
2010-02-20, 11:21 PM
Kiuas looked at his barren home. He smiles as fire surrounded his hand as he waves it across the land. The salt began to form into creatures large creatures, creatures of dark beauty and strength.

"You are the First and the most beautiful of your kind. You are the first born of the Children of the Plane of Salt. The first of the ... Devil... race. Your beauty is a mark of your power and your status. You will mate and multiply only with each other and you will be served by my first gift to you, the lesser of our race."

With another wave of his hand he created thousands of Lesser Devil, hideous in both sight and nature. So hideous they could not bear to look at each other or even themselves. It would become customary for them to wear robes to hide their appearance.

"Children of Salt, look at yourselves, this is your first reminder of who you are, you are the younger ugly child who serves their parents and older siblings unquestionably because you have nowhere else to go. Look at your superior brethren, you will know who they are for they are the ones towering over you radiating with with dark beauty. They have the power to lift your curse from you but only if you serve them right. Pick your master wisely young ones for each of them differ in mind and pleasures that you will fulfill for them. You all, both Greater and Lesser Devils are bound to my laws and you will obey them for I will not stand for it and you will be killed by me personally. Now go all of you. Lesser Devils choose your masters. Greater Devils claim land, destinies, and mates."

His creations scattered he smiles as he saw the perfection of Law as it should be. Class, Chaste, Estates, and above all Racism. He would soon notice that there where some a select few of the Lesser Devils who did not follow the Greater Devils and instead stayed and swore allegiance to The First. Kiuas simply smiled and lead them inside the tower that would now be thier home.

20 - 3(create Plane) =17
17 - 3 (create Race) = 14
14 - 1 (create subrace) = 13

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-21, 12:20 AM
Bel, Edge of the Vibrant Jungle

The Lord of Beasts sat his back to a tree, enjoying a "feast" composed of the carcass of a giant reptile and a few tropical fruits. The creature he had named simply "Macetail", after the shape of its tail. Bel wasn't known for his creativity. His mouth still dripping with blood, the Horned Father turned to his side and gazed at the land past the tree line. The world was so vast outside. But already his creations spread to every corner of it. While he greatly enjoyed his time in the Vibrant Jungle, Bel knew too well that confrontation between Nature and Man would soon spark.

Once he had finished eating, Bel walked to the edge of the forest. He decided to be fair and send a warning to the mortal races before resorting to drastic measures. It would also give him the opportunity to introduce himself to them and suggest they turn to the worship of Nature - and himself. So he fashioned four majestic yet ferocious birds of prey, out of clay mixed with his own divine blood.

One was sent to the neighbouring clans of Fire Giants.
One sought to approach the Humans behind their wall.
One traveled to the legendary valley of the Elves.
The last one flew as far as the distant mountain peaks of the Yeti.

All of them delivered the same message:

Bel the Wild God has awakened, and with him Nature has found a new champion. The beasts, the plants, the rivers and the earth all demand your respect. You must know your place in the natural order of things. What Nature has given you, she can take back. Honor Bel and his creations and you will know abundance and what it means to live a full life. Ignore his warnings and slaughter without thought, and you will find an opposite force like the world has never seen.
Bel the Wild God has awakened, and with him Nature has found a new champion. The beasts, the plants, the rivers and the earth all demand your respect. You must know your place in the natural order of things. What Nature has given you, she can take back. Honor Bel and his creations and you will know abundance and what it means to live a full life. Ignore his warnings and slaughter without thought, and you will find an opposite force like the world has never seen.

Free action: Create Heralds (the Four Rocs)

Johel
2010-02-21, 04:44 AM
Primal Gem

Digging endlessly through the mineral world that was theirs, the Earth Elementals didn't change much in the following centuries. Not all of them, that's it. Their race as a whole remained fairly primitive, caring but for their individual basic needs and for the hierarchy of size and age.

The few of them who had embraced the path of the Diamond Brotherhood, however, learned of new ways from their continuous travels. While most mysteries were still hidden from their eyes, they acquired a wisdom that allowed them not only to understand Creation but also to somehow temper with it, reshaping their very bodies into something more...harmonious.

Some of the monks became great heroes, bringing back marvels from the Material Plane, along with stories that inspired new vocations among the common Earth Elementals. Their strength of mind and body, unrivaled, soon led them to ruled the Earth Elemental race.

Their elders did so in a wise, effective, yet strictly logical and emotionally detached way, becoming heralds of Order and judges among their peers, the law being enforced by honor...or by the strength of their fists.

All along Torridas watched. All along, he remained distant. He lent a tiny fraction of his power to the ones who called themselves his adepts, as they lived by the unspoken laws of Creation and the unwritten laws of the Brotherhood. But overall, he didn't interfere. Until that day.

---------

Right, now, he was but one of many nameless Earth Elementals.

His ancestors were born from the very core of the Primal Gem and their spirits had since then been split between the multitude of lesser elementals than inhabited this plane.

One of many nameless, yet special, as he was a Diamond Brother, a follower of the Way and a faithful worshiper of Torridas. For a century and more, he had traveled between this plane and "The Other Side", a place where gems radiate with magic, a place where life isn't limited to stone and metal, a place filled with strange, organic things. A trully alien world, yet to explore it was to explore new perspectives.

He had studied both worlds and their inhabitants. He had understood their minds and had reflected upon the meaning of their desires and thoughts, considering them, keeping a broad view of Creation while still focusing upon his own self. The realization had struck him yesterday. It was still clear in his mind, yet he couldn't formulate it in words. His race had no word for such concepts.

And so, he meditated, struggling to explain what he saw. As mind and body are closely linked for Elementals, his very body changed as he reached new heights of enlightments, using the recently acquired wisdom to jump always higher, deciphering for himself new secrets and...
"-You understand..."
He didn't. What was happening ? This voice... He tried to switch his mind out of the meditative process, to look around him. But somehow... Yes, he understood : he wouldn't switch out. He didn't want to.
"-You are Torridas."
"-I am..."
"-You don't want me to know what lies beyond."
"-Too soon... Your race is too young... Gods are struggling to define It... Mortals shall not see It."
"-Yet I see."
"-You do. But you will forget, Shaitani."
"-I... What ?"
"-Your name... Your brothers name... From now and forever."
The one who would be known as Shaitan tried to ask another question but he didn't. The First Golem crushed his mind, body and soul way before the thought was even born. Yet, Shaitan didn't die. Instead, it was reborn as something else.

Beget god-ish: Shaitani-Sama, Noble Genie, Lesser hero-god.
Create populace : Shaitans, earth-bound Genies.

Shaitani stood in his room, his body now pure diamond. He could feel untold power beating the drums at his temples, yet he alone could use but a fraction of them. Moving a hand, he could feel that, should he really want it, he could reshape the very nature of the whole place. Maybe even the whole plane. But what purpose would it serve ?
Here was absolute wisdom, then : the realization that, in the end, one was nothing and his actions, no matter how impressive they could be, wouldn't change a thing to the eternal cycles of Creation.

"-Yet, I can do as I'm please in the mean time, even if it is pointless."
"-No... You live to serve."

The voice had boomed in his head.
"-Go... I'll be watching... Always."

Soon, the tales of a powerful being, made of pure diamond, something neverseen among Earth Elementals, spread. And soon, others appeared : enlightened Earth Elementals who, like "Shaitani-Sama", reached a near-godlike statute through travel, training and meditation.

All wielded powers beyond mortal imagination...but none was as powerful as "Shaitani-Sama", as they were but emulating the one who had opened the path. Also, because great powers come with great responsibilities, none of the Shaitans could use the full extend of their power. Not alone, at least. Not yet...

4 AP - 0 AP - 2 AP = 2 AP

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 05:46 AM
Karina

Karina, standing a distance away... from anything, really, frowned.

There are gods for all the elements except for air.

She started shaping, forming the new goddess from divine power.

Awaken. Choose your name...

Beget Player God: Rera (0 AP)

Rera

Air and cloud, a little crystal of a snowflake, all brought together in Karina's hands, began to mold and shape, and become a form. Drawn together, and given a spark of life, there was a great burst of light and sound, echoing and sharp, like the flute and sound of voice itself. And from that burst, a gust of wind fluttered about against Karina, and that which was about. It was cool and soft, playful and friendly, and yet almost uncaring to consequence as it played with Karina's dress.
But the rushing burst, even as it spread outwards, drew back within, until it took a form, and was bound to this form.
Rera opened her eyes as she finished spinning and looked up at Karina with a smile of joy. She threw her arms wide.

"Rera is here!" She announced with joy.

The fairy-like child embraced Karina with glee and then spun about her mother's body.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 05:51 AM
Karina

Karina laughed, the sheer energy of her new child bringing joy to her. It is a pleasure to meet you, Rera.

As she was embraced, she hugged back. Welcome to this world.

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 06:01 AM
Rera

"Thank you mother!" Rera responded happily, before pulling away and running about in a circle again, this time running up into the air as if on a staircase. As the ran, she did a flip, and spun before halting up higher. She peered about distractedly, with bright eyes as she looked at the world around.

"It's sooooo big! It will take forever to see everything here!" She cried in wonder and delight.

"I want to go everywhere! I want to see everything! I want to meet everyone! Oh, Mother, I think you gave me too much of your joy!"

She spun about again, and the air sang a sweet song as she hummed to herself.

"Where to go first? Where to go first? I want to see the world! I know! I'll bring this cloud with me and go on a journey!"
She said, beckoning up a wave of rolling and tumultuous clouds about her.
"I'll go exploring now, mother! See you again!"

She called out with a flip and an energetic wave to the Elf-child goddess below.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:04 AM
Karina waved back, as her child embarked on her journey. Be safe.

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:17 AM
As Rera was riding the clouds, Torridas appears at her mother's side, his body slowly emerging from the ground. He staid silent for a few seconds, not wanting to spoil the moment, letting Karina wave at her departing child until the latter was gone.

"-You learned to moderate your actions. You learned of balance and helped to maintain it. It is well."
He paused, looking up to the sky.
"-However... The young one... She will cause chaos and troubles. Teach her the importance of Order. Or I will."

Given the emotionless tone of the First Golem, it was difficult to determine if it was a threat or a mere statement.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:20 AM
Maybe she will become the chaos balancing your Order?

Just because there must be a balance between good and evil, according to your beliefs, that does not mean there cannot also be a balance between Order and Chaos.

After all, if something is perfectly ordered... there's no room for change, is there?

Karina looks at Torridas.

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:25 AM
"-Maybe..."
He paused again, probably thinking, then shook his head slowly.
"-No. Order is perfection. It needs no balance. Change is... Unnecessary."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:29 AM
Then that is where we disagree, Torridas.

Both are needed.

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:35 AM
Torridas looked back at Karina, his eyes glowing weakly.
"-No, they aren't. Order is harmony. No change is needed where harmony is."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:38 AM
Brother, understand this: I believe strongly enough about this to fight for it.

Order is important, but so is chaos. If there's no chaos, there's no choice, either.

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 06:42 AM
Rera

Rera disappeared into the clouds...leaving behind the library world, and coming to the Mortal Realm, the place that she would call home.

"So much to see, so much to do! Let's go start on our journey!" She said to the clouds she had brought with her.
Rera spun about, dragging the clouds behind her into pillowing columns. Through them she played and danced, even as she peered about the world, taking in all that she could see from her height.

And then she dropped down spinning in a spiral, to the ground itself, as the wind howled in it's song - a ravaging tornado that picked up the earth and hurled it about in song. But the raging winds only lasted for a few moments of awe, as Rera paused and looked about.

She stepped up into the air again and beckoned for a breeze to follow as she wrapped it about her and flew across the lands. At last she spotted a pecurliality!

A race of beings that looked similar to her own form, or at least, to what her mother had given her looks to be. And yet there was a kinship here already born of curiosity, and Rera decended and came to walk among them, these people known as humans. Well, walk she did, though she was in awe, looking at their works in surprise, though she was just a child in their eyes. Still, her glee gave way as she pranced through the streets amongst the other children, and the breeze behind her brought them refreshment and renewal. Here and there, a bit faster and stronger, or a little slower and weaker, she and her wind came. The people were kind and friendly, though curious as well, and Rera was happy to teach them as she could - the ways first of music! A happy gift and skill to express their joy and feelings, and Rera danced to their music, even as the clouds blew overhead.

Uses

1 AP: Teach Populous (Humans): Music!

(2 - 1 = 1 AP Remaining

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:43 AM
The answer of Torridas was slow to come. Visibly, while the First Golem had his certitudes, he kept an open mind and considered Karina's words carefully. When he did answer, it was in a broken tone, as if conflicting ideas fought each other as he spoke.

"-It... Choices are... should be logic decision. They should not need to trouble existing harmony. They should reinforce it... Shield it... Protect it."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:46 AM
But then there's only one path to creativity, and that's sheer logic... and a world with only logic is not one I want for my children.

Karina frowns. If you try to force that upon them...

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:49 AM
Torridas was as gifted with psychology as he was with words.
"-I will... Creation must be protected from Anarchy. You must not concern yourself with the child's desires. Only her duty matters.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:50 AM
If you try to force what you see as her duty upon her, I will try my best to stop you, Torridas.

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:54 AM
"-That you will. It is your duty. For you are Goodness."
Yeah, he wasn't that of a brick head...for a being made of stone, that's it.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 06:56 AM
Will you try, despite knowing I will try to stop you?

Karina, really, knows what the answer is probably going to be.

But the question needs to be asked anyway. To try to solve this without violence.

Johel
2010-02-21, 06:59 AM
Torridas staid silent, pondering Katerina's question for a moment.
"-You don't want to ear the answer."
It was a statement.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:00 AM
...no, not really.

But I need to hear it, anyway.

Karina's expression is... sad.

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:01 AM
Torridas made a deep, humming sound.
"-I will carry on my duty... Whatever the odds... You will try to stop me... Whatever the odds... You won't succeed."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:05 AM
...very well. Let us take this away from the world of mortals, then.

Karina casts a simple Plane Shift spell, hopefully transporting the two to the Astral Plane.

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:07 AM
Misty, gray and empty.
There was the Astral Plane.

As there was no ground he could come out from, Torridas appeared out of nowhere. Stone, mud and sand seemed to grow out of the dimensional rift as the First Golem made his way through the planes.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:11 AM
Karina, the Astral Plane

Karina also stepped into the Astral Plane, looking at Torridas. Let us begin...

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:19 AM
A more dashing god would have answered "-Ladies first."
Torridas wasn't a dashing god. He was blunt and straight to the point, with a clear goal in mind and a clear idea of how to reach it.

Without more word, the First Golem raised his right forearm in front of him, a diamond-shaped shield growing from it, its surface covered with tiny gems, each glowing with a dim yet colorful light. In his left hand, the god felt the heavy weight of a hammer made of marble.

He charged, the air disturbed around him as divine magic was acting.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:26 AM
Karina focuses, her will quickly becoming manifest in the magic that swirled around her. For truly, she was a goddess of magic.

An invisible barrier of force snapped into place, Karina frowning behind it.

He's strong...

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:31 AM
Torridas smashed against the barrier, bumping back a few feet.
He paused a mere second...then smash it again, and again, relentlessly, sending sparks of ichor flying as he mindlessly hit Karina's defenses.

As he did so, the useless pieces of rock that manifested during the plane shift started to shake. And from them, impressive masses of stone spread, walls several dozen meters high and hundred meters long.

Soon, the two gods would be surrounded by a thick shell of stone. But what could Karina do ? Losing focus would mean to let Torridas get through.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:34 AM
Karina shifted her attention a little.

But it was enough. The barrier cracked. Oh, no...

And shattered.

In the space of an instant, Karina understood that she would have to react quickly.

In the Valley, a young elfin man lived. Karina sent a message to him, and empowered him with a measure of her own power. And a command- tell her children among the gods what had happened.

Karina took the force of his next blow, stunned into inactivity.

Create Herald: Lydion

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:38 AM
All stone that he was, Torridas was by no mean slow.
Shield lift, he bashed Karina with a second, then a third, fourth and fifth blows, sending her crashing on the nearest wall of stone, which nearly broke but held nevertheless.

Lifting his hammer in an commanding gesture, Torridas let a mighty scream out, a single word that radiated with the very essence of Law.
"-Hold !!"

Would the willpower of the goddess be enough ? Or was she too dazzled by the previous hits to even resist ?

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:42 AM
Karina starts to move. No... I will not.

She staggers, but stands. My willpower is a bit stonger than that, brother.

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:47 AM
"-...Impressive."
A liquid, shining substance flown along the body of Torridas, quickly solidifying to form a thick layer of living steel. Soon, all was protected. All but the two topazes that Torridas used as eyes. From them, a blinding light emanated briefly. More magic protections appeared.

Torridas dived toward his foe.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:49 AM
Karina raises her arms, and unleashes a firestorm towards Torridas.

But it is probably... not enough. As long as I can still move... I'll keep going.

Johel
2010-02-21, 07:54 AM
Funny fact : metal melt easier than stone.

Torridas knew that of course. But he neglected to take it into account, unlike the goddess that just blow his bright new armor into a cloud of magma...

His body glowing red from the heat, Torridas kept diving, although slightly out of his intended trajectory.
He crashed at 5 meters from Karina, stood up in one jump as if the fall had done nothing, and proceeded to swing his hammer at the goddess of magic.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 07:56 AM
Karina quickly summons up another barrier, defending herself against the blow.

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:02 AM
As previously, Torridas smashed the barrier again and again, knowing well that, soon or later, it was bound to break. But the First Golem didn't seem entirely focus on his task.

Karina blocked easily the physical assault...but tripped when the firm, solid rocky ground under her feet suddenly became a pond of muddy water. The walls of stone, beside being all fancy, served another purpose : they provided a ground to fight on. A stony ground. Which was perfect for a god of Earth.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:04 AM
Karina trips!

The barrier falls, but the hammer passes quickly over her head.

However, there is a window of opportunity.

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:08 AM
"-As long as you can still move... You'll keep going"
Torridas aimed for the knees.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:11 AM
Whack.

Karina yells in pain. Gaaah!

...she'll heal herself given half a chance.

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:20 AM
It's good to be a god. Broken ribs, shattered bones, exploded organs, teared flesh and missing limbs... all can be healed with but a thought. Of course, there's still the pain but the knowledge that it's only going to be temporary is in itself a painkiller.

Problem is, because your opponent knows that, he'll not hold back, since you can heal yourself at will...

Torridas was no fancy magician. Sure, he was better than any mortal (for now...) but he sticked to the basics. His real field were weapons and martial stances. He knew how to fight. He knew how to hit to produce a given effect and damn, was he good at that !! But a little magic always helped...

"-No more trick..."
An antimagic field surrounded Torridas, making his protections vanish but forbidding Karina to attempt anything with her powers. Torridas proceeded to hit hard...and a lot. If unopposed, he would shatter every single bone of Karina.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:23 AM
Karina is quickly reduced to whimpering as her limbs are broken.

But she rolls, avoiding any more of the blows. enough...

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:25 AM
Confident in his victory, yet watchful, Torridas staid near his foe.
"-You held back. It was your doom. Kindness is a weakness in battle."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:27 AM
...what will you do now?

Karina lies on the floor.

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:34 AM
Torridas hesitated.
"-You are defeated. Your future is mine."
The First Golem lifted his hammer above his head.
"-I am a being of Law. A oath would bind me. You aren't. It wouldn't. Yet, it can restrain you temporary."
The hammer glowed, a rainbow swirling around it.
"-I need time. You will give it to me. Or you will be destroyed..."
He lowered the hammer, engulfing Karina's broken body in a waterfall of shimmering lights.
"-Swear here and now to forfeit any claim at the being known as Rera . For three centuries. Or be destroyed."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:36 AM
I propose an alternative. I agree to be bound here.

For as long as it takes for others to free me.

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:39 AM
Such a marvelous sentence, addressed to a Lawful being... so full of loopholes...
Yet Torridas considered the option.
"-Be careful as to what you wish..."

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:43 AM
I could have just pointed out that you'd be tipping your 'balance' towards evil if you destroyed me, Torridas...

however, there are two conditions before I agree to be bound.

First, you do not make it impossible for others to rescue me. It may be difficult, but not impossible for... say, a mortal at the very peak of what mortals can achieve.

Second, I'd prefer you allow me to heal myself before being bound.

Johel
2010-02-21, 08:50 AM
"-...Granted."
Several flashes of light...

When it was over, the wounded goddess was still on the ground, her body broken. But her surrounding had changed. She was at the very center of a adamantium cube, which walls were all exactly distant from 1m each.

A lone, small window, barely 50cm² wide, allowed some light to enter. A yellow, dim light...from eyes of Torridas.
"-Heal yourself. And be patient."
This said, Torridas closed the window and tossed a gem on the top of the cube. The gem would allow the use of single spell, then activate an antimagic field.

horngeek
2010-02-21, 08:51 AM
Karina heals her limbs, and creates a ball of light... before settling in to wait.

For what may be a long time.

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 09:03 AM
Rera

Pleased and happy with having spread some joy amongst the human people, Rera continued off with a jump, and pulled lightly at the clouds behind her as she wove across the sky in an erratic pattern.
She descended here and there, upon a forest with withering force that ripped leaves from branches, and skidded to a stop above a valley deep.

"I wonder if more of these people live here?" She said to herself, hoping down from the air onto the cliff.

In the valley below were elves- a race she had never seen before, and yet they resembled her mother. How curious!

With a delightful cry, she descended with a twirl, ripping a tornado of wind about her in a pure expression of joy. The rippling clouds and tumultuous winds wove havoc and terror - for whom amongst the mortal people had seen such an awesome fear before?

Rera stopped, and looked in confusion and surprise as the elves hid themselves from the wind.

"I wonder what is wrong here?" She thought to herself. With a shrug, she turned away, a little sad. For a race so much in appearance as her mother, these people were more skittish than the humans... It wasn't as if she was a beast to be feared!

"Fear...?" She thought for a minute. The word was foreign to her. Karina had given her none of that. So Rera smiled and left the ruins of a village behind, as she stepped back to the sky, and summoned her friendly clouds to her again.

Actions:

Free: Make a tornado upon an elvish village

Niezck
2010-02-21, 11:51 AM
Fire Giants, The First Volcano

The lord of the fire giants looked at this petty spawn of nature and smiled. We pay heed only to the might of our father - Pyros. Now leave, before we destroy you.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-21, 12:01 PM
Home of the Fire Giants

Your answer is understood. I will bring the news to my master.

And the Roc took flight.

Jallorn
2010-02-21, 01:12 PM
Far from the fateful battle on that infinite plane, Sylvus was becoming impatient. What say you Pyrus? Will you bend to wisdom and prudence, will you fill the mold I have made for the good of all as a liguid metal, or will you snap like the ice and leave me nothing to work with? Choose wisely, I give no third chances.

Elsewhere, in the mortal realm, Lision had just finished collecting the souls of the week. His task of spreading knowledge was mostly done, he needed only to reveal himself, but he knew he couldn't yet. (OOC:He needs AP to truly release the ideas, so it'll happen next turn) In the meantime, Lision was dancing down the road, playing a little tune on his whistle. With a gust of wind, Rera rushed by, and with a wonderfully loud laugh, Lision spread his wings and gave chase, well hidden from the eyes of mortals.

Over the many years, many small groups had been told of Sylvus and his son. From some of these groups spawned several sects of death worshipers. These cults believed that the world existed to die, They were generally considered fools, but were nonetheless very dangerous. At the same time that Sylvus was arguing with Pyrus, and Lision chasing Rera, a human woman was being targeted by these worshipers. To be more exact, her child was being targeted by their dark magics. By chance, the avatar known as Sylvatar detected this blasphemy, and chose to counter these magics with his own, and to watch over and protect the child, hidden from knowledge however.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-21, 01:52 PM
Glacius

As he stood watching the world below, he noticed a great flying beast heading toward his mountain. He had never seen a beast like this, with great wings and talons and a large beak. Evidently some sort of new animal....a bird. The bird flew up to a high edge, just meters below where Glacius stood, and began to speak. The frozen god listened intently to this message. Bel, god of nature, eh? If he values nature as much as I, then perhaps he and I could come to some sort of a mutual agreement. Based on this message alone, I can tell that he wishes for his land to be preserved as it should be, much how i feel about the cold lands. I shall send a return message with this beast. Bird, return to your master and relay this message to him. "I am Glacius, God of the winter. I have heard your message and i agree with your viewpoint quite strongly. Nature's bounty should be preserved as it is and not altered or destroyed by humans, elves, or anyone else. As such, i wish to speak with you. I believe you and I can forge an alliance. Please respond as soon as your are able. I thank you. And with that, he released the beast to return to its master with his message.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-21, 02:17 PM
Bel and Glacius, the Mountain Peaks

Shortly after sending the herald away, Glacius noticed grass and flowers growing rapidly in a circle around him.

I have come, friend of Nature.

A shadow lept from rock to rock. Glacius then found himself face to face with a man-beast hybrid.

Hello, Glacius. I am Bel. It's quite a sight from up here. I take it this is your domain and the Yeti are your creations?

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 02:54 PM
Rera

Even as Rera skipped across the sky, the sound of laughter reached her ears and she turned about to see Lision following her. In her surprise, she slowed, and then grinned. With a flip she dove and flew across the land below, ripping up trees, houses, anything that suffered the gale winds as she flew.
And she flew in a circle - massive and wide, and the clouds that beckoned to her delight churned about as a hurricane, devastating the lands beneath, and yet bringing rain to them as well.

And so she spun about Lision for a while as he followed her, and at last she slowed gracefully so that he might approach.

"Hello! Who might you be? None of the people I have seen besides me have been able to fly. And yet, it must be those wings of yours. Hmmm... You do not look like a bird, and the birds never chase me too far... So, who are you?"

She asked in curiosity, even as she floated lazily, for the moment.

Jallorn
2010-02-21, 03:14 PM
I am Lision, guardian of mortal souls. You are new, and I am curious, who are you? Lision smiles throughout this short return, a simple smile of both confidence and pleasure.

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 03:22 PM
Rera

Rera spun lazily and then with an energetic flip, she stopped, as if standing on the air with her arms wide like she was flying.
"I am Rera! Just Rera! It must be difficult to have such a long name as yours."

She paused and tapped her chin as if thinking.
"New? I suppose I have not been here long! I was just born from mother!" She said simply with a shrug.
"Right now, I am seeing this place! It's amazingly large, and there is so much space to dance and play."
With that she twirled and spun about, and with a gust of wind was on the other side of Lision, standing on her toes as if she had just skidded to a stop. She turned and curtsied.
"It is nice to meet you!" She said, looking up at Lision. "What is it that you do, Lision, guardian of mortal souls?"

Jallorn
2010-02-21, 03:39 PM
Lision will do, my title is a mere formality. What I do is simple, I guard the souls of dead mortal and guide them to the afterlife. When I have free time, I do what I want. Here Lision drew out his whistle, Such as make music.

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 03:48 PM
Rera

Rera giggled in delight as Lision drew out his whistle. With another gust of wind she was right in front of him, floating a little above so she could get a clear look at the whistle.
"Oooo. Guarding sounds like it must be boring.... It's like waiting for something to happen!" She rolled over and then did a somersault in the air to return to looking down, her hands under her chin as if she was resting on the air.
"I'd rather make something happen than just sit about." She said with a grin, flicking one of her fingers ever-so-slightly to cause the whistle to sing, as a small breeze passed through it.

Jallorn
2010-02-21, 03:55 PM
We all, mortals and divines alike, find value in ourselves in many ways. One of my values is duty, clearly it will be a long time before you understand this concept. My task is simple enough, I do not mind it. It also gives me a wonderful excuse to stay away from the wars of the greater gods. Let them destroy one another, all I care for is that someone survives them, and I fully intend to enjoy myself in my duty.

Kasanip
2010-02-21, 04:09 PM
Rera

Rera looked at him curiously from where she floated, and with a fair breeze, she was off to his side.
"Values... Hmmm..." She looked like she was considering this thought carefully. She was quiet for a minute, until she opened her mouth at last.
"I suppose someone has to do it." She said. Pivoting she came to 'rest' on her feet and began pacing slightly in a meandering path around Lision.
"Mortals and divines...I guess I don't understand the difference. Maybe I wasn't given a duty? I think mother just wanted me to be." She said with a smile. "But that's okay! Maybe it's my duty to be. I suppose as long as you enjoy your duty, then it is a happy life, right?"

With a hop and a gust she was in front of him again, arms wide as if she was preparing to blitz away.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-21, 05:39 PM
Glacius

Ah, hello Bel. Welcome to my humble peak. Yes, this is where i spend my time. I am glad that you have come. You see, I believe that you and i have very similar views on nature. We both wish to protect it, preserve it. You have your jungles, and I my mountaintops and polar regions. However, it has occurred to me that the humans, and possibly elves as well, will make our job of preservation much more difficult, if not impossible. Now, i'm not saying we should just go and destroy them all right now. If we did that, we'd have a host of other gods and goddesses at our throats. What i propose, is an alliance between us. I think with you controlling heat and plants, and myself controlling cold and snow which can be made into water, we could do a fine job at keeping nature in pristine form. However, there is an immediate threat that i believe needs addressing. Pyros. He has sprung up volcanoes all over the land. Surely you realize what destruction they can bring. He needs to be dealt with before more of his abominations erupt and destroy our lands. I beckoned to Karina for help, but she has seemingly refused. You, though. You feel as i do. We can do much good working together. I can bring rain to your jungles and forests, and you can temper my cold without destroying land. What are your thoughts on the matter, Bel?

justblade
2010-02-21, 06:19 PM
TFG, Animus Nex, Souldew

[roll0]

The Unarmed God continues his stroll, when he passes by a plane that he does not remember seeing before. "This was not here when we were one. Who created this place?" Entering the plane, he finds the land of Animus Nex. "Ahh, this handiwork is easy to recognize. Animus Nex! Come and speak with me!

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-21, 06:29 PM
Bel

The Lord of Beasts stood on the cliff ledge, feeling the cold embrace of gale force winds. His body morphed, taking on some traits from the Yeti.

I hear you Glacius... Things are dire. The leader of the Fire Giants, Pyros' pets, has already sent back my herald after threatening to destroy it. They will never bow down before the forces of Nature and, if left uncheck, will certainly spread their destruction just like the monsters that are Chromatic dragons. If Pyros must be neutralized in order to stop his hordes...than so be it.

The now white-furred Bel looked back at the god of winter.

I have no love for petty politics. I certainly have no love for gods in general. However, you seem like a worthy partner and one capable of serving the Great Plan. Then it's settled. We will hunt this prey together. Is it time?

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-21, 06:32 PM
Animus Nex, Souldew with TFG

The Lord of Hunger looked up from staring vacantly at the endless array of starry would-be souls. From the emptiness of the place had a throne formed according to Animus' unconscious will, and it shifted unsettlingly to move toward his visitor. Due to the nature of the place Animus had seemingly grown vastly in size, or perhaps it was merely a matter of perception, but as his throne of emptiness glided through the black shadowy realm, where he had at first appeared to be only a short distance away he was truly a vast distance, and a great deal larger. Tall Devourers scurried about his throne like men around the throne of a giant. Staring down with eyes filled by emptiness and hungry longing Animus Nex sat still as a statue, waiting, for the Great Devourer was yet to be nourished by the pure souls that would give him the fullness of his mental faculty.

justblade
2010-02-21, 06:52 PM
TFG, Animus Nex

It started as a chuckle. As it grew, it became a mighty laugh. Somehow, it echoed throughout the emptiness of the Souldew, and it all came from the Twin-Faced. It was not a laugh of mockery. It was a laugh of satisfaction. Of power. "Son of our predecessor, we approve of your might within this limitless, confining space. If this foreshadows things to come, we would not be surprised. Let mortals and gods fear the day Animus Nex sets his hunger fully upon the world. And let him remember his place will eternally be beneath that of Atron, whose cloak we now wear."

With that, the Twin-Faced God steps out of the Souldew, smirking to himself in amusement. Soon, all the gods would know of him, even if they did not know him.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-21, 07:00 PM
Glacius

I am pleased that we have an accord. The time to hunt will come soon, but not yet. I am presently awaiting word from the god called Sylvus. He is attempting to set up a deal between Pyros and myself. The only reason i am considering the deal is because i think i can use its potential outcome to my...excuse me....OUR advantage. One thing i know for certain, is that when the time comes, we will need a plan to defeat Sylvus. I know that once we strike, it will only be a matter of time before he seeks to destroy me and any who stand with me. We need a way to defeat him...or perhaps bind him somewhere. Any ideas?

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-21, 07:17 PM
Bel

Binding a god? This is not really my area of expertise. I am ready to fight anyone who comes at us...but if you think we need a plan, I will cooperate. The way I see it, we can either distract him while we take care of Pyrus or convince others to step in in case this Sylvus comes. He must have weak points. But you seem to know the others gods better than I do, so I will leave you to research this.

Already the jungle calls me back. If you need me to do anything to ensure the success of our hunt, send me a message.

Bel waited a few moments to let Glacius reply before he left the mountains.

Ra_Va
2010-02-21, 09:28 PM
Kiuas descended into the human plane. He smiled as he witnessed the mortal taking for granted their lives, their possessions, even their fruit. In small moment of amusement he hatched a plan. He watched as the sun went down and is plan would unfold. He picked up a rock and crushed it into dust with his hands he threw it into the wind where Kiuas began to give it a shape. A shape similar to his Greater Devils, but a more earthly presence and a truly feminine shape. He also have her wings.

"You are my greatest creation to date. You are a creature born of the night and possibly the most beautiful of all creatures. As I created you I also give you a purpose. You will be a Mother to many, and your children will be feared just like you. They will be small, and they will eat the fruit that these mortals believe is theirs, but they will also be the key to more fruit. But some mortals will not take so kindly to your children so your children will fight back, and drink the blood of all who attack them and their brethren."

17 - 3 (Beget God : Naömï, Mother of Bats and Bat-like Creatures)= 14
14-3(Create Populance: Bats) = 11

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-21, 10:54 PM
Glacius

Hmm....Taking Pyros out before hand would certainly be helpful. Did you have anything in mind as far as that goes? Also, i have a feeling that disabling Sylvus will not be easy. I'm not sure the two of us alone can handle him. Let me see how this meeting goes with him and Pyros, and then i'll come and speak to you. Fair? Anyway, i can see you are anxious to return to your jungles. The same offer goes to you, alert me if you need me. Take care, Bel, and may our alliance be a fruitful one.

He began to wonder what was taking Sylvus so long to get back to him with the location and time of the meeting...

horngeek
2010-02-21, 11:26 PM
Lydion sits, stunned.

His goddess... the mother of all elves... had been imprisioned.

But she had given him power. Enough to free her, maybe.

justblade
2010-02-23, 06:06 PM
ROLLOVER! Week III beginning

justblade
2010-02-23, 11:51 PM
TFG, the Swirl

The Twin-Faced God returned to the Swirl, looking over the world. Something was missing... The Goddess of Magic: She was gone? He looked harder. There! She was trapped, imprisoned somewhere. That certainly made things interesting.

[roll0]

He reached out his hand, palm open, and pressed it against the minds of some humans. If they were to rescue her, they would need faith beyond all else. In her name, they would go forth.

2 AP = 1+4-3
Create Concept: Unshakable Faith (Monks and Paladins of Karina)

Niezck
2010-02-24, 01:07 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Feeling a surge in his might, Ylleth was refreshed, ready to begin his noble mission. He gathered his children and began his true task.

My children! The time is upon us! I have prepared you well, and you will protect the free peoples of the world with your very essence, will you not?

A great roar erupted from the crowd, each Peacekeeper speaking in unison with their mechanical voices.

We will, almighty one.

Then go my children, go forth and do my will!

With that, Ylleth reached into the material plane and found a suitable spot - a barren wasteland towards the equator of the planet. A desert with no recognisable life. Here he reached into the ground itself and erected a great mountain, and into the side he carved a hole.

The portal is ready my children, begin your march.

The 1001 Peacekeepers infront of him began marching away, in regiments of 50, towards the horizon. Then, tapping into the very essence of his homeworld, Ylleth made a bridge. A great swirling portal that linked his plane with the newly-made gateway on the material plane. And so, his children marched through, to do their noble deed.

Mold Land ((1AP))
Create Portal ((2AP))

1+3-3=1AP

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 04:49 PM
Bel
"This is not war - this is pest control!"

Bel sensed the world changing again, and the arrival of a new force that could tip the Balance. Slightly irritated by this new civilization and the fact that the creators of elves and humans hadn't communicated with him even after sending his herald, the Beastlord decided to act against the closest threat to him - the Fire Giants.

That day, a great plague came upon the children of Pyros. Not in the form of a storm or a draught, but an infestation of vermins summoned by Bel exclusively for that purpose. Millions of Fire Snakes spread in the Fire Giant's territory; into their homes, forges and warehouses. Few of the giants actually died from their poisonous bite; however, it as soon discovered that their corrosive saliva dissolved stone and metal alike quite rapidly. Thus the coming of the Swarm primarily resulted in material losses.

Yet there was more. The week following the snakes' mysterious disappearance, many giants fell ill, and their bodies withered at an alarming rate. Unbeknown to everyone but Bel, the swarm had brought something else with it: tiny organisms developed by the Wild God's nature magic. The Fire Giants struck by the supernatural disease became incredibly thirsty. Soon, their body began to experience some changes: their hair fell out, their body temperature lowered, their skin became mottled, slimy and froglike. It wasn't just limited to the body; the disease also affected the mind, altering intelligence and judgement. Disgusted by what became of their brothers and sisters, the other giants exiled them; in some tribes the changed giants simply fled their homes in search of a safe environment. As the forsaken creatures migrated southwest towards the marshlands at the forest's edge, Bel welcomed them.

The animalistic Bog Giants, he said. Your place is here. May this blank state help you see the truth in the natural world.

Total after rollover: 3 AP
1 AP = 3 AP - 1 AP Pestilence (Fire Snake Swarm) - 1 AP (Create subrace: Bog Giants)

The snake swarm is not a Create populace action since it is gone after the summoning; its only mechanic effects are contained in the Pestilence action.
Bog Giants are from the Fiend Folio. They are not truly animalistic, but savage and pretty dumb (Int 6 or so).

Jallorn
2010-02-24, 05:50 PM
That certainly helps yes. Lision smiles as he says this.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-24, 06:11 PM
Glacius

Having still heard nothing from Sylvus, Glacius waited on his mountaintop, looking out over the valley and neighboring mountains and...volcanoes. His mind was in high gear, constantly trying to come up with a plan good enough for himself and Bel to take down Pyros, and eventually......Sylvus. Then, he noticed something....odd. The fire giants on the nearby volcanoes began acting strangely. Some of them were even dying. The others were....changing somehow. Some of their homes were even crumbling. A sick smile crept across the face of the frozen god. He reached out with his mind to his new ally, and asked "Bel, i've noticed odd things happening to some of the fire giants. Could this be your doing? If so, i am impressed with your cunning.

Glacius had no sooner finished his message when he saw it. One of the deformed fire giants....no, not fire anymore. More like....slime. One of these new creatures and apparently lost its way and gotten too close to the peak of Glacius' mountain. Glacius raised his spear and was about to hurl it into the heart of the beast.....but he stopped himself. Instead, he would use this thing has a template for a new breed of beast. He moved toward the thing until he was face to face with it. Then, with speed faster than the oozing creature could comprehend, Glacius clasped a mighty hand around the throat of the beast. Any icy casing seeped from Glacius' palm and encased the creature completely. Then, the oozing freeze found a way inside the beast and began changing it until it was completely made of frozen material. Glacius had created the Ice Behemoth. Then, he proceeded to break off a piece of ice from the shoulder of the behemoth, crush it in his hands, and threw it to the ground, where another dozen or so of these new creatures sprang forth. "My behemoths, you will protect my land, and my other creatures as well. Go forth and take your posts. The Yeti will help you make weapons and armor with which to defend yourselves and this land." Then, he tapped into the minds of his Yeti and gave them an order. "Yeti, i have created a new race. A race of Ice Behemoths. They are much larger than you are, but you shall be the ones to teach them what i have taught you. They will help us. So shall we help them." With that, Glacius went back to the peak of the mountain, and again waited for Sylvus to contact him.

16+2-3=15 AP

Create Populace-Ice Behemoths

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 06:23 PM
Bel

Bel replied to Glacius:

Yes it is my work. They must learn - all mortals must learn that their civilization cannot grow forever. The wild will eventually claim them back.

What of the other gods? Will they finally aknowledge us?

OOC: Seems like some of us still have lots of AP! :smallwink:

Jallorn
2010-02-24, 07:10 PM
Frustrated by Pyrus's refusal, Sylvus sent a message to Glacius, Pyrus is as prideful as he is young, and as foolish as I am old. He will not deal. Still do I prefer peace for all concerned, and so I ask your participation to create an intermediary. Pyrus is a god of nature, even if he does not know it. There will soon be others, the protection of nature is as important to me as the protection of the sentient mortals. Find me if you will agree to this. While he waited, Sylvus decided it was time for his son to grow, blessing him with the power to grow.

Lision felt himself grow somewhat larger, and his eyes changed color to gold. You will have to forgive me Rera, I must return to my duties.

Afterwards, Sylvus watched the mortals. Two brothers sparked his interest, they had great potential, both smart and charismatic, skilled with blade and bow. His fury was aroused when a foolish drunk set fire to their house, and the brothers were burnt to death. As his son moved around to collect them, Sylvus stopped him, saying, No my son, they will live again, and you must help me make it so.

Together, the two of them recrafted the brothers, creating the first vampires. Sylvus granted them great powers of survival, making them difficult to hurt and harder to kill. He also enhanced their physical and mental capabilities. He left in them a weakness, if stabbed with a wooden stake to the heart, they will die. He also placed in the brothers a temptation. To survive, the new vampires would need blood. Animal would do, but the blood of the mortal races would be far more tasty and tempting, and it would bring with it greater power, as well as greater weaknesses. Vampires who gave in to this thirst regularly would be stronger, but would shun the sun and Sylvus's own holy symbols. In addition, weapons of silver would hurt them more than normal weapons.

Sylvus
Beget God: -3 AP
Create Race: -1 AP
Remaining AP:0
Lision
Create Race: -1 AP
Remaining AP: 1

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-24, 08:11 PM
Animus Nex, Souldew

The massive Devourer-god stared up at the countless specks of would-be life. It saw the power in these things, and in the souls harvested by his Devourers. It was energy that permeated everything, it was everywhere. Instinctively, he manipulated this omnipresent power, and saw that it did not harm what even he must respect, and so it was acceptable.

After playing with his new found ability, Animus once more turned his attention to the world of mortals. He looked about and saw the delicious souls of mortal beings dancing about, but as he looked about he saw something different. They were dead things that capered about as mortals, and in them Animus felt a kinship. And looking at the mortal things he felt his hunger stir like a great dragon in his belly, and indeed the souls of the dragons themselves tempted him greatly. Once more, he would feast, and his consciousness would become more fully realized.

Tearing another hole with his Impaler of Souls, he stepped forth into the mortal realm with great echoing footsteps, Devourers flooding in behind him with animal glee, before the portal closed on the near-empty place.

Animus Nex, Mortal World

The Hungry Beast appeared in the world with a swarm of Devourers behind him. His size had shrunk since he stood in Souldew, but still he towered over the freakishly tall Devourers. He looked about, seeking the greatest source of souls he could find. His eyes settled on the distant lands of the elves, men, and giants. Setting off with his rag-tag army, the Dead God lurched into the lands of the elves, where upon he and his fellows fell upon all the mortals they could find like a hungry tempest. Souls were torn screaming from mortals, and the open rib-cages of the many Devourers became filled with the horrified souls of elves, shrieking and railing against their fate. Animus Nex filled his own rib cage with souls as well, but the souls in his own chest faded more quickly than the souls of the other Devourers, for his hunger was so much greater, but as he feasted his mind grew.

The bodies of the elves were mostly together but for the huge claw marks in their flesh, and many had their stomachs near split by the mighty Impaler of Souls. As Animus Nex's baleful sight swept over their soulless corpses, they began to rise. Many were mindless, or near to it, undead things of endless hunger that followed Animus Nex from supernatural instinct, their hunger was for flesh and not souls, but some were not so; they were somewhat like the Great Devourer, their old selves were as gone as their souls, but their minds still held the knowledge and near-memory of their once selves. They were intelligent, and filled with nothing but the desire to assuage the emptiness in themselves caused by their lost souls, stealing away the life-essence of others in an attempt to reconcile their loss, to fill the void in themselves. These creatures all were The Hungry Dead, those animal-things that sought only to feed.

As his horde grew, Animus Nex steered his people away from the Elves. The soul-beacon of these people had dimmed, and the great beacons provided by the collected souls of the humans, the giants, and the dragons beckoned to him. Animus Nex turned from the lands wracked by his hunger, and let out a howl of insane desire to feed, and his howl was joined by countless dead, rattling voices and the shrieks of those being devoured. And so Animus Nex set off, a living force of destruction...

12AP=22AP-3AP Create Concept: Incarnum (Incarnate, Soulborn) -2AP Gain Portfolio Element: Chakra -2AP Gain Portfolio Element: Barbarism -2AP Create Populous: The Hungry Dead (Zombies, Ghouls, Wights) -2AP Pestilence: Elves hit hard (but far from even half of them dead) by Animus Nex and his followers -2AP Gain Domain: Gluttony (Created Devourers, Created Hungry Dead, Ate a whole bunch of elves' souls. if one of those doesn't cover the requirement I could find something else)

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 09:06 PM
Bel

Bel sensed a disturbance far away, towards the Valley. As a nature god, a great loss of life - any life - affected him. There was something big happening, as the Valley was being desecrated. But what?

In any case, Bel considered it someone's else business...for now. Let the other gods prove themselves.

Niezck
2010-02-24, 09:15 PM
Pyros, Material Plane

Returning to find his home devastated by an unknown force, Pyros' rage burns across the mountainside. The first volcano begins to erupt with the might of the planet itself.

You there!

Pointing at the nearest Fire Giant, Pyros beckons him closer.

Yes, almighty one?

What happened here? Who has done this?

Pointing slowly towards the forest in the distance, the Fire Giant bows his head.

It was a plague my lord, a plague of snakes that spat with such destructive force. They came from the forest lands my lord.

Pyros looked to the woodlands in the distance, and his eyes set ablaze with the very heart of the sun.

This ... plague. This was no natural occurance. Not here. And I know just the one responsible.

With that, Pyros motioned his hands in an arcane manner, and disappeared from the mountaintop, leaving it spilling lava into into the valley below.

---

With a blink of the eye, the fire god had appeared before Bel, his entire body lit with the flames of his anger.

Why did you plague my people? I did nothing to you, I simply balanced the evil one. What reasoning do you have?!

1+2 = 3AP

Jallorn
2010-02-24, 09:20 PM
Lision found himself defending a mixed elven and human settlement having been forced to reveal himself as a god. Elsewhere, Sylvatar was guarding the village of the child he had sworn himself to protect. As the battle raged, a lone cultist snatched up the child, and fled, but not far. He was overcome by undead. The child, however, found that he could control these creatures, or enough of them to keep himself safe. Giggling with glee, the child fled into the forest to learn more about his new discovery, taking a few creatures with him.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 09:28 PM
Bel

Bel sat on a large tree branch. His eyes still closed, he grinned while listening to Pyros' angry speech. He then jumped in front of the fiery god and looked him right in the eyes.

Now you and your children are interested in me. Huh.

Listen, small god - for you are small and weak, and my essence is actually much more ancient than yours. I am Nature. What you have been doing is not maintaining balance. If left unchecked, your giants would certainly take all of nature's resources. Look at their lands; they are taking advantage of the already devastated earth. We all know we have you to thank for all this destruction.

What is balance, then? It is what I am doing. Few of the Fire Giants are actually dead - only their furious progress has been slowed, thanks to the destruction of their tools and materials. Then, the ones who were transformed by my magic will learn to live in the wild places and respect Nature. Maybe their cousins will learn something, too. Or they will hate them. I do not care; in the end, the strongest will survive.

I know not of the evil you are speaking of - unless it is the evil of civilization.

Bel sent a mental message to Glacius to indicate Pyros' current location. In his normal state of mind, the Horned Father would have lept at Pyros, if only to prove himself as the superior specimen. But he respected Glacius enough to let him know before he tried anything.

Niezck
2010-02-24, 09:35 PM
It is the evil of the cold one. My father created me to balance him, for his snowfall and avalanches were set to destroy the elves of the valley. I created my home to counter this, and saved the valley within the first moments of my life. Now tell me I am unbalancing the world.

Pyros is unimpressed by this new god's arrogance, and responds in kind. Mentally, he sends a message to Ylleth.

"Father, they seek to disturb the balance. I need your help, for this god's might is far beyond mine."

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 09:43 PM
Bel

I cannot speak about that. I didn't see what happened. And I don't know anything about that Father of yours - another being indifferent to the natural world, I suppose. But whatever happened at the dawn of time is not my concern.

Your giants betrayed your intentions. They have claimed themselves superior and have refused to respect the natural order. This was their mistake - it is also yours. The desire to protect balance is useless if you cannot tell what is actually good of the world. Return to your home and think about that. Teach your children the values of respect and humility. Maybe then they will stop posing a threat to my creations.

Niezck
2010-02-24, 09:56 PM
Ylleth, Servonia

Hearing the call of his child, and observing the slaughter of the elves, Ylleth makes one of his largest decisions to date.

The others will protect the world, I must see to the protection of my kin.

With that, Ylleth reached out to his son on the material plane and gave him a message.

My child, I cannot appear to you. I require your aid in creating a form for myself. Please, give me your strength so that I may help the mortal world.

Fearing what would happen should his father not aid him, Pyros released his very essence to the unknown force tugging on him.

Donate 3AP to Ylleth

I am ... incarnate.

Ylleth removes the very heart of Servonia, and hurls it towards the material plane. There it forms slowly into the great stature of an elf. However, this is different, this elf stands over ten feet tall with hair flowing down to his waist.

Create Avatar ((3AP))

Gathering his thoughts, Ylleth takes the mind of this new form, and guides its magic to transport it to Pyros' side.

What do you need my aid for, my son?

1+3-3 = 1AP

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 10:00 PM
Bel

The Beastlord licked his lips.

Ha. An elf...no, something much more powerful. Now it gets interesting.

Niezck
2010-02-24, 10:12 PM
Who are you, little one? Why are you disturbing me? I have a great evil to combat on this world, I cannot stay long. My son sent to me to aid him, for he fears his task of balance will be restricted. Are you attempting to stop his work?

The avatar looked at the beastlord questioningly, yet sternly. He did not have the time for mindless babble.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-24, 10:19 PM
Animus Nex, On the Warpath

The unrelenting forces of the Gluttonous Death marched ever onward to Animus Nex's next goal. Arrayed before him were the lands of the Giants. The Hungering Hordes were like a flood into the homes of the massive creatures, a rushing river of shambling undead and flashing claws and teeth. Giant communities caught in the path of this destruction swept aside the smaller creatures like a man wading through water, but the carnivorous current was too much for even these creatures, and even they could not stand as islands amidst the torrent of dead bodies. The Giants were dragged down and half devoured, their souls gone to feed countless Wights or stuffed partly into the chests of Devourers, their bodies rising as the cannibal dead, zealous zombies, gluttonous ghouls and wailing wights. Animus Nex swelled in size and mental ability as he stripped the souls from the giants, their souls screams all the more terrifying because even these mighty ones, with all their size and physical strength, were rendered but helpless victims before the tides of undead.

Giants of fire and ice, and even those bog giants that strayed too near their place of origin were not spared. The undead fire giants, half eaten and insane with hunger were pale things, their fires gone to a guttering, putrid semblance of their original glory. The frost giants skin became a corpse-blue, their ice took on a sickly green tinge, and they were lathered in blood. Ever-hungry, the Hungering Hordes swept through giant lands, eating all that they could, pulling down giants where they found them, though of course their were survivors even in the wake of this onslaught, and the growing army of dead things was too large to give such small morsels any notice. The whole of the army had become seemingly a single creature, directed by the fell will of Animus Nex, as he strode ever onward looking for something new to shove down his devourers maw, to feed the eternal emptiness inside of him. And so the vast corpse-body, like thousands of festering maggots of shared mind left the land of Giants behind, great numbers of the lumbering humanoid dead joining their ranks, as they headed now for human lands...

10AP=12AP-2AP Pestilence: Giants (of all three kinds, so it's probably not as bad individually)

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 10:22 PM
Bel

Bel smiled revealing great fangs.

Disturbing you? The world doesn't revolve around you, pretty boy. You will learn to respect me. Balance is what I do. Your son is simply a spoiled brat. Do you know anything about the natural cycle?

I care not about your fight against evil. You choose your adversaries as you see fit. But what good is it if nothing is left of the natural world after you are finished? This sacred duty of yours is only important if there is a world to return to. What you are doing here is leaving that furious godling to do your dirty work. And it could have dreadful consequences.

If you do not teach the mortals - and Pyros - to fear and respect the wild places, I will do so myself. They are not special. They are no more worthy to be protected than rats. They are beasts.

Suddenly, Bel turned and looked towards the forest's edge.

I sense an uncontrollable hunger. It is like no animal. It is a horde - but nothing of my creation. You let those...things exist?

Niezck
2010-02-24, 10:42 PM
This world only exists because I protect it, so do not attempt to patronise me. I could quash you with but a thought, and your little bushes too. Now, that evil you sense, that is what I must attend to, and that is why you must not waste my time. Pyros is a destructive force, yes, but so is every god or godling. You have destroyed his people and their homes, he has destroyed some natural lives and homes. It is the balance of things. Perhaps it is not to your concept of balance, but you are young and unwise. Now, I must leave, the horde approaches and I must gather my forces. You will cease this petty war or I will intervene, and neither of you will come out better off.

With that, the avatar-god vanishes before their eyes and re-materialises at the great portal, where his Peacekeepers are organising themselves.

Come my warriors, your first task is at hand, we have a horde to dispatch!

A quick flick of the hand and his legion is transported two miles forward of the advancing horde, Ylleth's magic proving tremendously powerful. One more action, the calling of the dragons from their eternal war.

Valore, you will bring your brethren to me, a great horde approaches and this world must be protected. Do not delay.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-24, 11:09 PM
Bel

Bel raged inside. How dare that rat insult him like that? He, the ultimate life form? Swift as the wind, the Beastlord disappeared from Pyros' sight. He willed himself in the Valley and was there almost instantly. Ylleth had to be taught a lesson. He looked at the elven refugees with pity. They didn't necessarily deserve this; they are closer to Nature than most sentient species. The humans, in comparison, are stupid and dangerous...but protected by a magic dome.

The Horned Father could barely maintain his form; his body started to change.

According to Ylleth, this world exists solely because he is there to protect it. He led you to believe you were safe. In fact he has left you defenseless - from the undead hordes. And from Nature's wrath. Thus he doesn't think that you deserve to live. Let all know that this divine sanction comes from the Protector himself!

Bel finally unleased his rage, turning into the flying monster known as the Behemoth. For the first time in ages, the creature was free.

---------------------

When the rampage was over, the Valley, already greatly affected by Animus' attack, was barely recognizable. The Peacekeepers and the Metallic Dragons were busy fighting the Undead. The Behemoth took a few elves with him as he left for his jungle. Maybe he could make them better.

Meanwhile, Nature began to claim back the land in the Valley...

0 AP = 1 AP - 1 AP Pestilence: Rampage in the Valley

For the description of the Behemoth monster, see my character sheet in the OOC thread.

Kasanip
2010-02-25, 05:21 AM
Rera

The goddess of air had departed after Lision had excused himself, as she went about her fancy.
Off to the sky, to the war ends of the west and north she went, trailing the clouds behind her as she spread her arms wide in joy. With an exuberant dance she turned again westward, and then south until she slowed again, spying an incredible sight below. Hundreds and thousands of shapes before rolled back and forth, as if a sea, and there was clamor and noise even as Rera pursed her lips in confusion. No, this wasn't music, though the voice could be for such a purpose.
Curious she descended in a whirlwind of violence into the fight, blitzing across the warriors of undead and paladin/peacekeepers alike with crippling tornadoes in her wake. She spun and landed in the center of it all, the eye of a massive hurricane as the clouds above were pulled into the descending spiral of shrieking winds and thundering clouds about.
With tremendous force, undead, paladin, and peacekeepers alike were smashed with uprooted trees and rocks. If a helmet was ripped loose, it went crashing into another.
Suddenly the bitter war had become a struggle for survival for all alike.

And at the center of all of the chaos, Rera laughed with joy.

Acts

1 AP - 'Pestilence' (Hurricane of Tornadoes)
1 AP - 'Pestilence' (Terrifying and Ravaging Windstorm)

(4 AP- 2 AP = 2 AP remaining)

horngeek
2010-02-25, 05:59 AM
In the Valley, the elves... survived. Through their magic, they managed to recover.

Especially though the actions of Karina's messenger.

Some of them wondered if their goddess had abandoned them. But then, they were told the truth.

It wasn't that she had abandoned them- but that she was imprisoned.

They realised this horrible truth... and discussed.

Friends. Lydion brought us this terrible news, but also the knowledge that we can change it.

To do this, our society must change. Lydion?

Thank you.

The druid, his abilities raised to levels beyond what any other elf had ever achieved, stepped forwards. In order not only free our goddess, but also survive her imprisonment, our entire society must change. We must accept that our society cannot simply sit back in the valley and pursue intellectual pleasures. We must go out, and spread. We have put all of our cattle in the same field, to use a human expression. This must change.

As a society, we must become more active. However, we must always be wary. For Karina would not want us to lose ourselves in this.

In unshakable faith, let us go forth!

The Elves went forth. No longer would any one disaster threaten their race.

And inspired by the new direction their race was taking, some of them decided to mix priestly roles with combative roles.

Paladins.

Teach Populace: Unshakable Faith to the Elves AP 1

15-1=14AP

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 11:17 AM
Bel

Next Bel visited the battlefield to see what this war was really about. Strangely, both armies seemed to be the target of a living storm, even before they could reach each other. As Bel approached from the skies in the guise of a roc, he noticed the little girl at the center of it all. He circled above, fighting the terrible winds.

Tell me, who are you? I have never seen such a force of Nature before. Besides myself.

Kasanip
2010-02-25, 11:24 AM
Rera

Rera laughed as the voice reached her, still her dance continuing, though the sound of music wafted through the wind, it's cries and song intermixed with the screams about, and yet there was something beautiful to it. Sharp and piercing, like a flute or a reed. High pitched, the winds buffeted and blew against the shattered armies.

She looked upwards casually with a giant grin on her face, waving to Bel in a motion that seemed to cause the wind about her to ripple and slow.

"Hello! I am Rera! Just Rera! Who are you? Did you come to join this dance?" She asks curiously, ignoring the suffering and chaos about as she looks up at the nature deity.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 11:30 AM
Bel

Bel came closer and observed Rera in action. He didn't understand why she was doing this, or even what exactly she was doing.

I am Bel, the Wild God, Father of Beasts...

Dance? I don't understand. Why are you unleashing this destruction? Does this make you...happy? You have such power. And yet you don't seem entirely...aware of your potential.

Kasanip
2010-02-25, 11:53 AM
Rera

Rera stopped moving and with a gust of wind she stood before the god of the wild as the dust and chaos below began to settle.
"Nice to meet you Bel, the Wild God, Father of Beasts. What an unfortunately long name to have! Like I said, I am Rera." She said with a little curtsy and flip before resting her hands on her chin as if she was lying on a bed of air. To his question she tilted her head in confusion.
Destruction? Make me happy? I don't know what it is that you are saying." Rera said with a frown.
"I'm just here to dance and sing. I am always happy. Joy is what I bring with my songs and dances." She said with a grin. "Destruction is something I don't know." She said with a shrug and a twirl, stopping with her arms wide.
"I just am. Are you?"

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 12:19 PM
Bel

You may simply call me Bel.

So you do not care if those creatures are destroyed? Do you really bring them joy? How do you know if they feel the same joy as you? Is it even a concern?

Bel gave Rera's question some thought.

As for I... I am Nature! I am Evolution. Endurance. Savagery. Rage. My blood flows in every animal and they are like family to me. Yet I live only for myself, and too see my creations turn against each other in a neverending battle for supremacy. This is the truth of the Wild!

But maybe I am mistaken. Maybe I am too much like the others. You... You are a pure force of Nature! You are right. You do not try to be something else, or even to understand the consequences of your actions. You simply are! How...fascinating.

justblade
2010-02-25, 12:22 PM
TFG

The Twin-Faced looked at the world from his domain and he smiled. Faith and Hope would keep these people going forward. Karina would be freed. Wars will come and go, as is the way of things. Things were good.

Like hell they were. As Kalat's personality surfaced, he reached down to the world and touched the minds of six paladins, three elves and three humans. Their temptations grew, and they wouldn't be able to hold out long.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before their malice came to be displayed. One killed an innocent in battle, claiming it was an accident. One made a bargain with a devil for his life. There were other things, too. One by one, each of the six fell, and Kalat smiled. He touched them again, and they realized that they could get their powers back. They could become mighty again.

0AP=2-2; Create Organization: The Six (Blackguards: They don't have to number six, but they are always run by six fallen paladins)

Now, what to do about Karina? Oh yes, his champion would do just fine. He whispered to her, as she slept and dreamt about the glory to come in centuries ahead. "Verkania. Remember us? When we were one we created you, called you up from your shell to greatness. Now we put you to use. Your time has come. Go first to find the Six, and give them your children to ride upon and be feared. Then, go to where the Wise One lies in chains, and be sure those chains are never broken. Poison her mind while your children poison the minds of her followers. Do not let the mortals free her, for her release will spell your destruction, and ours too."

Kasanip
2010-02-25, 12:32 PM
Rera

"Those creatures...destroyed? Is 'destruction' and 'destroy' something together? Like one thing becomes another thing?" Rera looks utterly perplexed.
"Concern? Consequences? You are a strange one!" She says, pausing to look down at the mortals below before studying Bel closer. With a gust of wind she's by his ear, peering down on him from a little above. With another gust, she's to his left.
"You say you are nature...But you're so different! I guess it is okay. Will you stay and dance a while?" She asks, with a gust of wind hopping off a step in the air away.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 12:58 PM
Bel

I doesn't matter child. Nothing matters...except what is "now".

And now, I will join your...dance.

Bel showed her his true form, the dreadful behemoth. A thing of nightmare...but at the same time, beautiful. Beautiful and efficient as the perfect killing machine could be.

The Wild God dived down on the troops without regards to whom he was attacking. And he joined Rera in celebrations - a symphony of death and ruin.

Niezck
2010-02-25, 01:52 PM
You will leave us be!

With that, Ylleth's magic surged from his avatar, and formed a great sphere around the battlefield, a mile in diameter and composed entirely of force energy, preventing even the winds from disrupting the battlefield.

You underestimate the importance of this battle, and I will not allow you to endanger the world this way!

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 02:14 PM
Bel

Bel shouted at the avatar.

Your very existence endangers the world. You are flawed! All of you! I will do all in my power to erase your influence on this plane. One day, you will pay for your evil!

Rera, I will see you again...soon enough.

And the Behemoth flew back towards the jungle.

Ra_Va
2010-02-25, 03:30 PM
It was cold Kiuas could feel it. The first devil just watched until he heard a scream. He smiled for he knew what it was. He walked in the opposite direction that he was facing and looked down from the hill to see a fruit tree feeding off the nutrition of a recently deceased body. The poor fellow had taken been taken prey by a few Bats. Kiuas simply laughed at the site

Johel
2010-02-25, 04:46 PM
Torridas

Destruction was the current trend among gods. Yet, Torridas was kind of an old-fashionned god. He wanted peace and, above all else, order. No need to say that the world as it stood was hardly fitting the First Golem's tastes.

From his home plane, Torridas approved of Ylleth's last action.
It would need some help.

---------

In the thick of melee, where paladins clashed against Death itself, the presence of the peacekeepers inspired great deeds. Courage, honor and sacrifice, all in the name of Life, Justice or only mere survival. For Animus Nex's minions were the antithesis of Creation and it felt natural for mortals to fight them.

Yet, slowly, as each new dead rose to join the battle, the issue became clearer. Somewhere among his troops, the Hungry One was probably having the time of his life...

"-Enough."

A simple word, pronounce on a dispassionate tone. Yet, the voice had boomed into everyone's head, gods included.

Soon after, the very ground upon which the battle took place was shaken by an massive earthquake, ignoring Ylleth's protection by simply acting below it. In the following moments, walls of stone sprung from the ground, bringing the livings on high ground while the undeads were left creeping.

Once the earthquake stopped, silent felt on the battlefield for a few second. Then, from the very ground, spikes of rock appeared suddenly, impaling the thickly packed ranks of undeads, which kept moaning under the gaze of their opponents, the latter being perched in safety, several meters above the carnage.

Pestilence : Mystic Earthquake, aimed at the The Hungry Dead.

2 AP - 1 AP = 1 AP

Jallorn
2010-02-25, 05:07 PM
Gazing upon the destruction being rained upon the world, Sylvus quaked with rage. Thrusting out with all his power of mind, he shouted into all of existence, a message only the divine would hear, This has gone far enough! You will all gather, and you will hear what I have to say. This is not a request, nor a demand. It is simply something that will happen.

ooc:Here's hoping I don't piss anyone off to the point where they don't come. I'm on the astral plane still.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 07:37 PM
Bel

Bel appeared in his humanoid guise near Sylvus in the Astral plane, smiling and revealing his fangs.

I like the sound of this. Such...rage. I hope you are not another one of those misled, self-righteous gods. I'd love to hear some common sense.

I won't be staying long. Being away from the wild places is nauseating.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-25, 09:45 PM
Glacius

Sensing Bel's telepathic message, Glacius replied with a simple thank you and a restatement of the previous offer of help. He then shifted his focus to the recent message from Sylvus. Sylvus, i agree with you about Pyros. He is immature and self-righteous. He does not seem to know the true definition of balance. I will agree to create a being to rule over water, but only on one condition. This being must be loyal to me. I do not care if he agrees entirely with my views, but he MUST be loyal to me. The last thing i need is another god fighting against me. Now, if you have no objections, let me know and i shall bring this new god into existence. Glacius then sensed great unrest. Curious, he summoned a great gust of wind and blew into it in the form of many thousands of snowflakes. He then willed himself to appear just near enough to Bel for the God of Nature to feel the minute chill. "Bel, i have received word from Sylvus. Pyros' immaturity and ego have rejected Sylvus' offer. However, i told Sylvus that i would beget a God of Water, on the condition that it is loyal only to me. I came here, however, because i sensed great unrest. What is going on? I feel there is some sort of conflict going on.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-25, 09:47 PM
Bel

Much has happened. The others gods, and especially Ylleth, proved themselves to be dangerous to the natural order. A battle is taking place on the material plane between two armies of outsiders...abominations walking in the world. On both sides. And now this...Sylvus seems to think he can talk them out of it. We'll see.

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-26, 01:50 AM
Glacius

Sylvus is trying to negotiate peace?!?! HA! He couldn't negotiate a deal with Pyros. What makes him think he can reason with these creatures? Although these .....things probably have more sense than Pyros does. Anyway, I await word from Sylvus on whether or not i can create a new god. If i am allowed, i will make this new god controller of water. It would benefit us both. I shall contact you when i know more. With that, another cold gust of wind took Glacius, in the form of snowflakes, back to his mountaintop to await Sylvus' reply.

Johel
2010-02-26, 02:40 AM
Astral Plane

The window of Karina's cell opened.
Again, the faint glowing of two expressionless eyes engulfed the tiny cube.
"-...You are fine."
And this being said, Torridas dropped something through the opening: a panel of basalt, which surface had been carved with a picture of Rera, swirling above the elves.
"-The child is fine, too. She... is causing trouble. Others are causing more."
Then he closed the window, letting the goddess alone.

--------

Torridas appears at Sylphus side...and staid mute, standing like some ancient statue.

Kasanip
2010-02-26, 02:53 AM
Rera

The little goddess of air and music danced and played until the cries of Ylleth caused a great sphere to block her wind.
And as the music fell silent, Rera merely moved beyond the sphere, and so the symphony returned.
Bel's departure was just a little saddening...Afterall, he had joined in the dance freely. But so to was it sensible then that he would leave just as freely.
This washed passed Rera as she floated above the battle with the clouds.
And yet, down below, an earthquake- a different symphony of sound and movement- came to pass upon the creatures.
Would they respond to it?
Rera watched in mild curiosity. The sounds were grating and grinding- deep and crunching sounds that caused the hair on the back of her neck to stick up.
It was rather terrible music, she thought. Very deliberate and slow. Too lumbering and without inspiration. She rolled in the air slowly, running her hand along the clouds.

But even as she rolled there lazily, thinking about this strange new music, there came another voice calling out in obvious upset.

Upset? She wasn't sure what the word meant. Maybe it was like that music from the ground? She pondered this as the words rolled off of the cloud next to her with a flutter.

Well, she would go see what this new being was, out of curiosity. Maybe he would make music and enjoy dance as well!
Brightened, Rera disappeared with a ripple of wind from the battlefield.
--------------
Rera upon the Astral Plane

Through the barrier of wind Rera stepped effortlessly, passing from the mortal plane of existence to the Astral one where Sylvus stood.

With a touch of cool, misty air, she was near to the voice, floating a little above him and looking with curiosity as she rested her hands on her chin.
"Hello! I'm Rera! I think you wanted to talk about something. Ah! Are you angry?"

horngeek
2010-02-26, 02:57 AM
Karina simply bowed her head.

And waited.

----

The Elves had spread. No longer would any single disaster be able to threaten their race.

The Valley had been the cradle of the elves... but they had to leave it.

They set up their capital on a mountain peak, which was well defendable, and protected by not only their wizards and clerics, but also by the strength of their paladins.

From there, they set up other cities, with varying terrain types and construction methods.

Their capital had a name. In their tongue, it was called Yllaron.

Haven.

----

Inside the tallest tower of Yllaron, four elves gathered.

This gathering would, at the very least, be... historic.

Lydion. The elf that had been acknowledged as the messanger of Karina, and who had brought them the news in the first place.

The elf who had lead them out of the Valley. Already, it had passed into legend. Their paradise, ruined by the evil god.

A female Paladin sat in the corner. Her name was Arwei, and she was well known as the very strongest of the Paladins who followed Karina, able to achieve feats of blade and power that were well beyond what should be possible.

Breaking the possible was the common theme around the table.

Melath, a male Cleric of Karina, stood, frowning. If our goddess has been captured, the obvious course is to free her.

I agree. However, it will take all our power to do so.

The last member, a female Wizard, Biana, grinned. Time to show the gods that we're not just pieces to be trod on anymore.

Arwei spoke up. Lydion, do you know where she is from the vision she gave you all those years ago?

I have... a general idea.

As in, I think she's on the Ethedral Plane.

The Four moved out.

Guide Populace (2 AP)
Create Mortal Hero: Arwei
Create Mortal Hero: Melath
Create Mortal Hero: Biana

14-2=12AP

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-26, 06:35 AM
Animus Nex, Mortal World

Animus Nex roared with hate and snarled out challenges as various gods came to tear apart his army of followers, he swung his Impaler of Souls left and right, cutting down any foe-man who approached in a whirlwind of gluttonous fury, tearing souls from dragons and shrieking in a voice so keening and high the whipping winds were put to shame.

Finally, as Bel came to join the dance, and finally Torridas with his impaling spikes, Animus Nex screeched in rage against those that opposed him. It went against everything that he was, but he would not be stopped! The giant Devourer began retching and hacking, as did all the other Devourers, and as they began to heave their meals out onto the ground the trapped souls began to change. Twisted by fear, horror and rage, as is always the case those souls that were vomited forth bore little resemblance to what they had once been. Souls flowed together and features blended, and what came up was far more terrible than even the dragons that went down.

Staggering up from their recent eviction from the bellies and chests of the Devourers, these terrifying creatures of multitudinous form and freakish appearance looked back at The Great Devourer, and as he stared at them his eyes bore into their very existence, and they knew they were his. He had made the choice to spare them a second life instead of merely devouring them, and he could just as easily reverse the decision. Turning their eyes from the foul god en masse, they looked towards the Peacekeepers and Dragons high above, and began to shriek and howl and chant, cracking whips of fire and scraping claws on rocks.

Animus Nex looked to the undead, impaled upon stakes, split apart by the furies of the wind and otherwise ripped apart by the rage of their enemies. His body began to quake with hate and anger, and a sickly energy spread out from him, but even as it did he seemed to grow in power and size. The dead began to pull themselves back together, flesh healed and bones knit themselves once more, and the dead pushed and pulled and squirmed off the great impaling spikes, until the dead and the demons stood side by side, a riot of rotten flesh, claws, fangs, horns, wings and the shrieking, rattling whoops and wails of the dead and the damned. Once more a great sea of hateful hunger, torrent flowed forward to crash on the elevated rocks, dragging themselves up the sheer cliffs to reach their hated foe. From the great sea of the dead the huge shapes of giants once more loomed, but even more were the rising dead of the dragons, undeath having claimed even these mighty beasts they took to the air on torn wings and roared their fury at those noble living number of their breed who mocked them with their vitality and perfection.

And in the midst of it all, The Devourer howled his challenge to the heavens, strength enveloping him as stormed forward. This time, any who felt they could bring down the Hungry Horde would have to face the Devourer of Souls.

3AP=10AP-2AP Create Populous: Demons -3AP Raise Divine Rank to DR5 (unless I'm not allowed without asking) -2AP Nourish Populous: The Hungry Dead

Kaiser Omnik
2010-02-26, 11:41 AM
Bel, the Astral Plane

Bel stared at Torridas with a look of amusement.

Niezck
2010-02-26, 02:01 PM
Ylleth, Material Plane

Seeing the ever-growing army of Animus below him, Ylleth proposed a compromise.

EVIL ONE! You will leave these lands and return only after the turn of the century, and I will leave you be! Should you refuse, the might of the very world will be upon you, as you have seen here. You cannot stop us all!

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-26, 03:24 PM
Glacius

Upon returning to his mountaintop, Glacius saw something in the distance that disturbed him slightly. Another mountaintop. It wasn't inhabited by godly beasts, however, but by mortals. Elves to be specific. He raised his arms skyward and was harboring thoughts of sending a blizzard to them. But, that would be a most unwise course of action for Glacius to take at this juncture. Karina, though not seen for some time, would surely wreak havoc upon him should he bring harm to her elven people. Glacius also knew that mountaintops could not be warm, happy places. It was against the laws of Nature. Up until now, they haven't had to deal with Nature, just the results of squabbles between other gods. Fine. Glacius would send them winds and snow, but only enough to scare them, not enough to do harm.....not to the intelligent ones anyway.... With that, Glacius once again raised his arms skyward, as if to grasp the winds. Then, with a mighty heave, he hurled the winds towards the elven peak and then in a swift move, scooped 2 large handfulls of snow and added them to the mix. "Perhaps when Karina shows herself again, and I learn the circumstances regarding her absence, a deal could be struck with her. That will have to wait."

Glacius then reached out and mentally spoke to Sylvus " Have you an answer in regards to my terms, Sylvus?"

Johel
2010-02-26, 04:44 PM
Torridas, Astral Plane

To the smile of Bel, the First Golem answered with a blank gaze, simply moving the pieces of clay that were his lips.
"-Hi... New guy, right ?"
A question. A rare thing from Torridas.

Jallorn
2010-02-26, 04:51 PM
Is this all that came? So be it. The idealogical wars of the gods are our business, not that of those mortals below. As of now, we must declare that any god who acts with undue presence on the material plane shall be punished by the others. From now on, a god's divine actions should be limited to his own followers or new creations. We must all agree to this, or all of creation will become as nothing. Forever... It nearly happened at least once before.

Johel
2010-02-26, 05:33 PM
The features of Torridas didn't move for what was an eternity. When they did, it expressed only part of the god's reflexion.
"-Wise words... Correct thinking... But only wishful dreams if not backed by power and unity."

Jallorn
2010-02-26, 05:40 PM
I concur, which is why we must make everyone agree to it. This rule must be unquestionable. Even if one mortal race threatens to destroy their world, we cannot interfere unless they worship us. It will be, I will devote all my powers to making it so.

Johel
2010-02-26, 05:48 PM
"-I approve of Order. I am wary of Tyranny. Count on my support. Fear my watch."

Copper_Padlock
2010-02-26, 08:35 PM
Glacius

Glacius sensed something odd. Gods were disappearing. At least from this plane. Exceedingly odd since there was a battle going on in the valley. He wasn't sure how he felt about the gods just leaving like that. Then he got it. A twinge in his brain....a message from Sylvus. It was a request...no....a DEMAND for a meeting of the gods on the...astral plane? Interesting. If something warranted a meeting of powers, Glacius would not be left out. He closed his eyes and dissolved into a gust of wind. Within a few moments, he appeared on what was evidently the astral plane. He looked around for a moment before spotting the others. There were only 3 other god here. Bel, his ally, Sylvus, of course, and a god that closely resembled a statue....Torridas...yes..that was his name. "So sorry I'm late Sylvus. I only got your message a few moments ago. What's this about? Where do you get off demanding a mee.....wait a minute. Karina isn't here? I thought surely that if any of us would show up, she would surely be among the first. How incredibly odd.....Nevertheless, what is the purpose of this meeting?"

Jallorn
2010-02-26, 08:43 PM
We gods must cease interfering in the lives of mortals who do not desire it. All together we must decree that no god shall interfere in the followers of another, save that they are also that god's follower. Together we will decree what is acceptable, and together we will meet out punishment. I have thought that Torridas and Bel should serve as judges, for as long as their natures remain unchanged. Torridas will head decisions as to if any case meets the rules of this agreement, and Bel will head the choice of punishment.

Niezck
2010-02-26, 09:48 PM
Ylleth, releasing his hold on his avatar momentarily, materialised on the astral plane with the others.

You must make this quick, strange one. I have a battle to fight and believe me, you wouldn't like to see what will happen should I fail.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-02-26, 09:57 PM
Animus Nex, The Battlefield

The Dead God had finally eaten enough souls to build up his mind. No longer a simple creature of endless hunger and animal cunning, but a thinking reasoning being. Though this did nothing to dull his hunger, or to cease his desire to consume. However, he heard the words of Ylleth, and pondered. Finally, he turned and walked off. His vast armies, the thousands of dead, the Devourers and the Demons, The Hungry Dead in full, followed behind him. Eventually, they walked a distance even the Dragons couldn't see, and they were not to be found on the Mortal Plane, not a one, no dead were left on that battlefield, for they had all stood and followed. The Hungry Dead had gone, and the world was safe for now. But Animus Nex had heard and understood the words of Ylleth. At the end of the century, he would return, and nothing would stop him.

0AP=3AP-3AP Evolve Physically (well, his mind/personality changed. He's still obsessed with eating souls, but he's a thinking rational god now, and he can be bargained and reasoned with. Not that it'll necessarily help much