PDA

View Full Version : Question about Prestige Paladin

AdalKar
2010-02-09, 07:35 PM
I read often at this forum that, if you get a level as prestige paladin if you were, say, a cleric, you would qualify for the feat Battle Blessing, which would be.... well, quite good ^^
But as I read it, you just gain new spells per day as if he had gained in the divine casting class he had before, which would be cleric. It doesn't state that you are casting like a paladin now... or does it?
Am I missing here something or is it just interpretation that you qualify for the feat with a level of prestige paladin?

PS: Sorry if I mispelled something or if my punctuation isn't correct, but my grammar s***** back in school so it will be ever after :smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2010-02-09, 07:42 PM
You missed this line at the top of the Prestigious Character Classes entry:

Unique Spells

The bard, paladin, and ranger spell lists contain a number of spells that don't appear on other classes' spell lists. In general, any character who enters one of these prestige classes should gain access to spells unique to that class's spell list, at the same levels indicated for the standard class.

As the only prereq for Battle Blessing is "Able to cast paladin spells," you now qualify. Enjoy :smallsmile:

Soranar
2010-02-09, 07:44 PM
Yet Battle Blessing only works on Paladin spells, so it's not that great.

AdalKar
2010-02-10, 10:43 AM
Ah, okay ^^
Missed that I think. I only read the UA entry of the Prestige Palladin, not the entry in the SRD.
Thanks for the answers :smallsmile:

Optimystik
2010-02-10, 10:51 AM
Yet Battle Blessing only works on Paladin spells, so it's not that great.

There are excellent standard action spells you can autoquicken in Spell Compendium, like Find the Gap (next attack is a touch attack.)

Soranar
2010-02-10, 11:19 AM
still , compared to taking a regular casting feat that would work with all of your spells, I wouldn't bother with battle blessing

Unless your campaign stops around level 12 or below

Optimystik
2010-02-10, 11:33 AM
The thing is, Battle Blessing is effectively autoquicken - normally an epic feat. For a class that typically wants to be charging/full attacking, that's huge.

zagan
2010-02-10, 12:03 PM
I hope I don't intrude but I have a relate question about the feat.
If an archivist learn paladin spell from scroll could he qualify for the feat ?

Gametime
2010-02-10, 12:07 PM
I hope I don't intrude but I have a relate question about the feat.
If an archivist learn paladin spell from scroll could he qualify for the feat ?

I believe so. You'd want to learn a few good paladin spells to make it worthwhile, though.

zagan
2010-02-10, 12:16 PM
I believe so. You'd want to learn a few good paladin spells to make it worthwhile, though.

Yes, of course but I think it could be usefull.
Thnaks for the confirmation.