PDA

View Full Version : Death Metal Day 2010 \m/>_<\m/

zeratul
2010-02-09, 11:29 PM
It would appear it is that time of the year again, when guttural growls and blast beat drums pierce the air! Death metal day, (a replacement for valentines day on which one celebrates by listening to metal, doing metal things, eating metal food,) is almost upon us! It is once again time to break out the drinking horns, and CD players,and begin the headbanging, relentless moshing and possibly lighting things on fire. So who's planning in participating in this most unholy of holidays this year? :smallamused:

official theme of Death Metal Day 2010: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSlTJ9YHdr0)

Clarification: Listening to other genres ofm etal on Death Metal Day is still acceptable, with only two limitations. No power ballads, and no nu metal :smalltongue:

Ponce
2010-02-09, 11:40 PM
What is "metal food?" Babies? Delicious. :U

Pyrian
2010-02-09, 11:42 PM
What is "metal food?"Iron, usually, as it's high in iron, although brass will do in a pinch.

Recaiden
2010-02-10, 12:55 AM
I need to hurry and find more metal to listen to. :smalleek:

Klose_the_Sith
2010-02-10, 01:05 AM
DEATH METAL DAY :smallbiggrin:

Bout damn time too. Just shame it's gonna be a Sunday, otherwise I'd show up to school in corpse paint and only talk in gutturals >.>

Dunno about that official theme though :smalltongue: (I kid, I kid. Pretty good choice there.)

So I'm not sure yet what I should do. Probably something similar to last year I guess? Have people over and blast metal :smallcool:

Cobra_Ikari
2010-02-10, 01:31 AM
While I enjoy this holiday, this day has just too many to celebrate. Death Metal Day, or Valentine's Day, or Hit On People Who Don't Have Valentines And Want Them Day... >.>

...and of course, now I know a cute girl who calls it her birthday, so... >.>

toasty
2010-02-10, 02:38 AM
Well, if I stick to just Melodeath that day I'll be listening to Amon Amarth, In Flames and Eluveitie. I might throw in some of my other stuff though, however, I promise to keep clear of my Power Ballads. :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2010-02-10, 03:17 AM
It would appear it is that time of the year again, when guttural growls and blast beat drums pierce the air! Death metal day, (a replacement for valentines day on which one celebrates by listening to metal, doing metal things, eating metal food,) is almost upon us! It is once again time to break out the drinking horns, and CD players,and begin the headbanging, relentless moshing and possibly lighting things on fire. So who's planning in participating in this most unholy of holidays this year? :smallamused:

official theme of Death Metal Day 2010: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSlTJ9YHdr0)

Clarification: Listening to other genres ofm etal on Death Metal Day is still acceptable, with only two limitations. No power ballads, and no nu metal :smalltongue:

So Basecally, to me it means "Listening to Melodeath Metal all day none stop". :smallbiggrin:

Zocelot
2010-02-10, 09:58 AM
Every day is MeloDeath day for me. I can't listen to more, but I'll try to live more metal.

Whoracle
2010-02-10, 10:44 AM
I'll one-up the MeloDeath-listeners by going ahead and playing MeloDeath on Death Metal Day! Woo for sunday gigs!

zeratul
2010-02-10, 09:00 PM
I'll one-up the MeloDeath-listeners by going ahead and playing MeloDeath on Death Metal Day! Woo for sunday gigs!

Pics or it didn't happen! :smalltongue:

toasty
2010-02-10, 09:01 PM

Awesome. :smallcool:

And yes, pics would be great.

Whoracle
2010-02-11, 08:02 AM
I'll see what comes around :D

Pretty psyched about the gig, actually. First one since last april.

d13
2010-02-11, 08:20 AM
It seems like I'll have a Valentine's Metal Day, again :smalltongue:

Or is it Death Valentine's Day? :smallconfused:

Nameless
2010-02-14, 10:45 AM
Right, Death Metal Day. My track list is:

Children of Bodom (Melodeath)
Norther (Melodeath)
Eluveitie (Folk Death)
Dead Silent Slumber (Symphonic/Blackened Death)
Kalmah (Melodeath)
Arch Enemy (Melodeath)
Ensiferium (Viking/Folk Death)

Should be fun. If I still have some time, I'll listen to more bands.

Spiryt
2010-02-14, 12:21 PM
Forward! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHx3IvHj7E&feature=related)

Riffs! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHx3IvHj7E&feature=related)

Yeah.

Aristeidis
2010-02-14, 12:22 PM
I was looking forward to this!

Death Metal Day!!! (+Black!)

Dimmu Borgir
Old Man's Child
etc etc.

Appropriate theme would also be:
Tenacious D/The Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA

"You can't kill the Metal...!"

Zocelot
2010-02-14, 12:58 PM
I'm trying to listen to get in a lot of music by a variety of artists. I don't have time to pick out individual tracks, so I'm choosing one album per artist.

So far I have:

Arch Enemy - Stigmata
Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
Imperanon - Stained
In Flames - Clayman
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Norther - Dreams of Endless War
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress
Skyfire - Esoteric
Soilwork - A Predator's Portrait

Any suggestions for other good bands and their appropriate albums are appreciated.

zeratul
2010-02-14, 01:18 PM
A very grim and frostbitten death metalday to you all. \m/>_<\m/

My plan is to watch Buried Alive (Sentenced live DVD) and the pick of destiny, plus listen to lots of music.