PDA

View Full Version : Wendi's! (Acro or Town)

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 01:25 AM
Welcome to...

Wendi's!

"We'll serve anyone!*"

Welcome to Wendi's the finest diner in the realms. The floors are always clean(smelling of lemon), the tables polished, and the glasses shiny. The jukebox in the corner plays swing, jazz, and 70s and 80s American rock. Booths and bar stools are lined with red leather cushions. The smells of spiced and cooking meat fill the air.

The kitchen and back rooms are locked to outsiders (Health reasons of course, we hope you understand), but the chef can be seen through the viewing slot as he prepares food. That's Wendi himself, a tall, dark, slightly emaciated man with a cleaver. He's very adept with it, so don't start fights here. He ends them.

The waitresses could pass as sisters. Tall, nice tan skin, and just enough curves to please anyone's eyes. Their black hair tied back into hip length ponytails and their smiles never leave their faces. Their sharp teeth are perfectly white and clean and they always greet you cheerfully.

The food is cheap, tasty, fresh, and always hand butchered, made of only the finest quality cuts.

So come in, take a seat, read the menu, and enjoy!

Menu:

Entrees:
Hamburger
Cheeseburger
Ribs (half a rack or full)
Wendi's Famous Stew (Garaunteed to make you feel 120%! You'll always be back for more)
Steak
More Steak
And Did we already mention our famous stew?

Sides:
Fries
Mashed potatoes
Corn on the cob
Baked Beans
Soup of the Day (Our Famous Stew)

Desserts:
Pie (Try the Mincemeat, it's our best!)
Ice Cream
And more Pie

We apologize for anything that gets past our inspection crews. We try to serve only the best foods here. If you have any complaints, please talk to our Waitresses and they will be glad to help serve you.

Have a nice day and be back soon. We expect you to be ravenous for more!

P.S. We also do Delivery and Pick Up.

*As long as they meet FDA standards

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 01:36 AM
New place!

Violet, a young woman who appears 18 years old, seems to have a mild, barely noticible demonic taint (but completely unrelated to the current plot) about her, has mildly sharp canines, like a vampire, and has dark red hair, comes into Wendi's Place.

Mmm...it smells good in here, the (1/16 angel 1/8 demon) young mother says.

She has a whip curled up at her side, and a smile on her face.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 09:13 AM
She'll find her self greeted by one of the waitresses who gives her a smile. There is something a little unsettling about her, but you're not quite sure what it is. "Thank you, it is rather nice. My name is Flo and I'll be your waitress. Table for one?"

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 02:47 PM
One...or three? I don't know. They're probably not going to come anyway, so, yes. A table for one would be nice, says Violet, smiling and shaking off that uneasy feeling.

Too many people give off uneasy feelings, and half of them are pretty nice people, so it's just better to shake it off until something says contrary.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 03:01 PM
Flo smiles and leads her to a booth, in case others come. She hands a menu to the customer. "Our special today is the Donner Party Platter. It comes with two racks of ribs, some bacon, a large side of your choice, and a slice of pie. All for $5.99!"

The door opens a few rather nice looking zombies come in, drawn by the smell of the food. Another waitress smiles and gets them a booth at the other end of the diner while the third sister waits for more customers.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 03:10 PM
The Donner Party? Hmm... Holding the menu, she watches the zombies come in.
Don't judge, Violet, she tells herself. You've been a vampire twice, you know how it feels. I'm sure the zombies don't want you staring at them. It sounds good, but I'm trying to not get too much history in my food. How about a fruit salad? You have one of those? I like red fruits the best.

She puts the menu back down on the table, no longer looking down it. And what's this 'famous stew'? How is it? She has never heard of it before.

Shadowcaller
2010-02-10, 03:16 PM
One of the waitresses are tapped on their shoulder, if they turn around they will find nothing there, but the sound of a rather metallic voice "Greetings- what can you tell me about this- establishment? how do you get your food? Where dose it come from? How many- work here? Who's in charge? Who- owns this place?"

iElf
2010-02-10, 03:22 PM
Yamako enters the restaurant, tired from shopping , has a quick look around, and waits to be offered a table

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 03:28 PM
Flo appears thoughtful for a moment. "I suppose we could toss together a fruit salad, but we don't normally do those." She smiles at the mention of the stew. "Oh! It's great. Chocked full of everything you could ever wish for in a meal. Meat, vegetables, a thick base. I bet you can't have just one bowl of it." She says, daring.

The waitress who gets her shoulder tapped, Kristi, spins and scowls. "I'm not answering until you show yourself. I don't deal with people I can't see. Otherwise I'll have to fetch Wendi, and he won't be so polite."

The second of the three waves to the zombies as she places their order. "I need three orders of Lady Fingers and a Lector's comfort food!" People who have worked in restaurants will probably recognize it as kitchen slang, though not what it means. The chef grunts and nods behind the partition and the waitress goes to Yamako with a smile. "Hello, I'm Jeanne. How can I help you today?"

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 03:32 PM
I bet I can, she counters, taking on the bet. As she thinks, she supposes that Leo would definitely want one should he come here with her. I'll have a stew. And the fruit salad, please. The demon-reborn Violet gives a smile, not exactly knowing what she's diving into.

iElf
2010-02-10, 03:35 PM
a table for one please, and a water, while I decide what to order

Shadowcaller
2010-02-10, 03:38 PM
"Can't, natural state of being. Magical- enchantments incorporated into body. Can't control the effects from mind. Need to remain at this state from time being. Suggestion- get magical vision, otherwise, please answer the questions. Important."

The voice continues, talking quite fast.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 03:45 PM
Flo smiles. "I'll be right back." She goes behind the counter to call up the order. "I need a Loonybin and a bowl of stew!"

Kristi's warm smile still doesn't appear. "Too bad, I still won't answer anything from a person I can't see. And I definitely won't answer some of the questions even if I did. Trade secrets. I hope you understand."

Jeanne leads Yamako to a small booth and fetches the water. "I'll be right back. I have to see to the others while you decide." The bell rings, announcing that the zombies' orders are done. Anyone paying attention will see her drop off a tray with three orders of fries, and the largest hamburger anyone's seen. Cut in equal parts of course.

iElf
2010-02-10, 03:49 PM
Yamako has a look at the menu. after looking at it for a minute or so, her subconsciousness is fixed on getting some of the stew for some reason. she waits for the waitress to return

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 03:52 PM
Okay. she says, with a nod.

No need to have the menu anymore, though.

And a Loonybin? She laughs a bit at that.

Shadowcaller
2010-02-10, 03:54 PM
"I understand- unwillingness to comply noted. Sorry if I have interrupted your line of service, please resume your daily choirs."

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 04:12 PM
Flo comes back with Violet's order with a smile. The stew really does smell delicious. "Anything else I can help you with?" Her voice is always cheerful.

Kristi's bright smile returns and tilts her head a bit. "Thank you." She goes back to the door and waits for new customers.

Jeanne returns from the zombies(smiling of course :smallbiggrin:), ready to write down the order. "Have you decided, or do you need more time?"

iElf
2010-02-10, 04:15 PM
I've decided thank you. I'll have a steak, well done, and a side of stew please

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 04:15 PM
No. She shakes her head. Thanks, though.

Violet smells the food. It does smell delicious. But she does like fruits better than meats, owing to her ex-vampirismness. She would force herself to eat fruits, mostly because she was pregnant, and it's good for the babies to have real food rather than blood all the time.

Consequently, she starts eating the fruits first. She'll wait to eat the stew until next post.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 04:48 PM
Flo smiles. "Just call me if you need me." She goes behind the counter and starts polishing it.

Jeanne smiles as well. "Good choices. I'll be back in a moment." She yells when she gets close to the partition. "I need a doorstop and another bowl of stew!"

iElf
2010-02-10, 04:58 PM
Yamako waits for her food, sipping at the glass of water,and wondering why she had ordered the stew...

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 05:10 PM
The bell rings and Jeanne picks up the order before bringing it to Yamako. The steak is prepared as ordered and the bowl of stew smelling divinely of several spices. "I hope you enjoy your meal. If you need anything, just ask." *smile*

iElf
2010-02-10, 05:15 PM
Thankyou!
Yamako is contemplating which to eat first. she didn't really want the stew so I would be good to have that ut of the way. she starts eating it

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 05:32 PM
The stew is rather good, and it gives you a warm feeling. One of new strength and vitality. The meat isn't easily identifiable, though it's rather tender, showing it's been prepared well.

iElf
2010-02-10, 05:38 PM
((I've got to say , Thats some really good mind screw your pulling of there. even I' not sure If It's soylent green or not))

Yamako finishes the stew, an sets to work on the steak. the stew was surprisingly good in her opinion.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 06:02 PM
((Hehe, thanks, that's what I'm going for :smallbiggrin:))

The steak is cooked well, for a well done steak anyways, and only slightly spiced as to let it's natural flavors show. Once again, it's a bit hard to tell what kind of meat it is. It also gives the feeling, but not nearly as strong.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 07:56 PM
Next post!

Violet finishes with the fruit. She still loves fruit.

She stirs it up with her spoon, watching the chunks go sailing by, wondering what it tastes like.

After swirling it up enough, she brings a spoonful up to her mouth, and tastes it.
Mmm. Not bad. She still likes blood better. But she doesn't drink blood anymore, because she's no longer a vampire. And she likes fruit better than blood.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 08:01 PM
The Stew will give the same effect as mentioned before. And don't worry about the child. It'll be strong. :smallwink:

The waitresses are still on call, and Jeanne even gets the zombies another hamburger.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 08:08 PM
Hm! She shrugs, chewing on the piece. It is pretty good. And she feels better, too.

Must be the spices.

Still, not her favorite things, but, then again, you can only have one favorite food.

Violet continues eating it until it's mostly gone, then she stops. Can't eat too much, that could be bad.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 08:13 PM
Flo comes over with a smile when Violet looks done. "Do you wish for me to take the dishes, or do you want some more?"

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 08:16 PM
No, you can take the dishes, says Violet, helping give them to the waitress. It was really pleasant. Thank you.

Violet Nuuitsu smiles. Then, she glances over at the door - nope, not here yet. Neither of them are.
Just because they're almost as old as her doesn't mean they can ignore her.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 08:25 PM
Flo gathers up the dishes and flashes her another smile. "Want a slice of pie? On the house."

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 08:27 PM
I'd love to, starts the musician, shaking her head, but I'm pretty full. I don't think I could have much more, she says, knowing full well that she could eat more, if she really wanted to.

UncleWolf
2010-02-10, 08:33 PM
Flo shrugs. "Fair enough. Just holler if you need anything else." She wanders off and sets the dishes on the partition for the chef (and owner) to take care of.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-10, 08:36 PM
Violet smiles.

She strains to find a clock, to see what time it is.

Then, she remembers. Oh, yeah. Payment. She begins digging through her purse to get some money.

Speaking of clocks, I just noticed that it's time for me to leave, and she deadtimes for now, until I get back.

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 03:54 PM
Jeanne clears yet another plate away from her favorite undead customers, this time, bringing them bowls of stew. The zombies really seemed to like the food here. They actually seemed to look like they're holding together better with a healthier complexion.

Flo is spending her downtime sweeping the spotless floors, and Kristi awaits at the door to guide any more customers in.

Shadowcaller
2010-02-15, 05:22 PM
Jeanna can hear the hallow voice once again as she walks past one of the tables. "We are interested in consuming now. Can nutrients be delivered at this table in exchange for payment?"

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 06:41 PM
Jeanne furrows her eyebrows looks for the voice. "Hello? We don't deal with people we can't see. Show yourself and then we'll see."

Shadowcaller
2010-02-15, 07:18 PM
"This cannot be legal. We know rules for service, you can not refuse to serve us based upon our appearance." The voice replies.

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 07:24 PM
Jeanne sighs. "We're a legal establishment and hold the right to withhold services from whomever we please. Besides, it's a bit hard to judge a person's appearance when the person doesn't have any."

Shadowcaller
2010-02-15, 07:42 PM
"Do not make trouble, withholding service purely based on appearance, or in this case, lack of one. We only want nutriments nothing else, we can pay." The voice replies, still in a calm tone.

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 07:45 PM
The waitress raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms. "If I can't see you, how can you assure me that you won't simply eat and leave without my noticing? That is why I'm not going to serve you until you show yourself."

Shadowcaller
2010-02-15, 08:01 PM
"We can pay before we gain nutriments, that is customary among our society. We have no lack of founds" The voice continues in the same monotone tone.

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 08:33 PM
Jeanne offers the invisible man a smile and a menu. "Then please, go ahead and order. If you pay first, we'll have no problems."

Shadowcaller
2010-02-15, 09:06 PM
There is a moment of silence before the voice names the first course of meat on the menu. Then the cost plus a small tip is put on the table by an invisible hand.

"That will be all."

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 09:12 PM
Jeanne takes the money and slips it into a pocket before heading behind the counter. "I need another Lector Comfort Food!" The chef in the kitchen grunts in response and gets cooking. After a moment, the bell rings and she's back to the table where she guesses the person is still sitting and sets the giant hamburger down. "Just holler if you need anything." She says with a smile.

Shadowcaller
2010-02-15, 09:19 PM
"Affirmative."

The voice goes quiet again, and then bit after bit of the hamburger dissapears until there is nothing left except the plate it was on.

UncleWolf
2010-02-15, 09:28 PM
Once the food is gone, Jeanne comes back over with a smile to take the plate. "Do you want anything else?" It's likely that the person will have felt the same effects as the other people, just to a lesser degree because of how cooked the meat is.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-02-18, 12:29 AM
The door opens and...another invisible person walks in, takes a seat at a table and looks over the menu.

After a few minutes of being ignored, the invisible person shouts out, "Hey! Can I get some service over here!" Red probably hasn't even realised why he's being ignored.

UncleWolf
2010-02-18, 12:33 AM
Flo facepalms (though, it's a rather pretty one) and goes to the table, sighing. "Either pay up front, or turn visible. That's the policy now. We don't want to be cheated out of money."

Gnrlshrimp
2010-02-18, 12:38 AM
"Huh? Oh come on! What the hell kind of person would do that?" Red sighs and lowers his invisibility. He mutter angrily and runs a hand through his spiky red hair. The red lines in their odd pattern across his face might surprise Flo a bit. They do look quite odd after all. "Geeze, you'd think a restaurant with such nice-looking waitresses would be nice to its customers. I'll have a bowl of stew."

UncleWolf
2010-02-18, 12:54 AM
Flo smiles. "Sorry, we're new to the area and a bit jumpy about such things. I hope you understand. One bowl of stew coming right up!" She goes behind the counter to order his meal.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-02-18, 08:18 AM
"Jumpy? Well, there's a lot of things that're worse than an invisible warlock." Red drums his fingers on the table impatiently. Hopefully they have quick service at Wendi's, otherwise he's going to start kicking up a fuss.

UncleWolf
2010-02-18, 08:28 AM
The bell rings and Flo returns with her smile and his bowl of stew. "Here you go, enjoy. Just holler if you need anything"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-02-18, 11:12 AM
Ah, decent service! What a nice surprise. Red grins and starts shovelling away. He's hungry...

If Ba'al was with him he'd probably start making comments about being starved. Ah, well, that's something to remember for later. He's always thinking up new ways to irritate his boss.