View Full Version : Opening your eyes [3.5 epic destiny, PEACH]

Fortuna
2010-02-10, 02:23 AM
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour

Innocent (epic destiny)

Eternity is a long time, or so people say. An Innocent would beg to differ: eternity is longer than the longest time that can possibly be, and then some. A true Innocent would laugh at the very idea of outlasting eternity. A true Innocent simply holds it, cherishes it, without ever claiming to truely understand it. And a true Innocent can wield it like a knife blade. An Innocent understands that there is always something more to understand, and strives to understand.

{table=head]Level|Ability

21|A World

24|A Heaven

27|Infinity

30|Eternity[/table]

Requirements: 21st level, Cunning Brilliance class ability

A World (Su): An Innocent learns first of all to appreciate the little things, the tiny details. They gain an untyped bonus on Spot, Listen and Search checks equal to their character level. They also gain a bonus equal to their character level to the amount of Inspiration that they create at the start of each encounter.

A Heaven (Ex): The Innocent learns to see the grand scheme, the ideas beyond the petty thinking of everyday mortals. The Innocent is constantly under the effects of the following spells and is treated as the caster of them for control purposes (at caster level 20): Tongues, Detect Thoughts, See Invisibility, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Detect Evil, Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Chaos, Greater Arcane Sight, Clairaudience, Clairvoyance, Detect Scrying.

Infinity (Ex): An Innocent learns to comprehend the truly vast, that which would shatter a lesser mind in a moment. They gain the benefit of a permanent Mind Blank effect, and anyone attempting any form of divination magic on them must make a Will save (DC equals 10+1/2 character level+Intelligence modifier+Charisma modifier) or suffer the effects of a combined Insanity and Feeblemind spell.

Eternity (Ex): The Innocent's final learning is to understand everything, all at one moment. The Innocent is permanently under the effects of a Foresight spell, and furthermore may gain a +40 bonus to one d20 roll per day.

Immortality: An Innocent fades into the world as they age, learning and understanding even as they slip towards the twilight of their allotment of years. But their burning ardor for knowledge sustains them beyond their mortal span, and they continue, drifting through the world, sustained by their encompassing of things beyond mortal ken. An ancient Innocent is not seen, not heard, not felt, not noticed, but they are there, even as they continue their slide into a deeper and better way of being, of knowing, and of innocence.

DracoDei
2010-02-10, 09:22 AM
Eternity seems a bit underwhelming somehow.

Fortuna
2010-02-10, 12:53 PM
Does it look a bit better now? I was basing the power level off other 3.5 EDs.

DracoDei
2010-02-10, 12:57 PM
It was really just something vague... this is more powerful mechanically, but not as flavorful.

Fortuna
2010-02-10, 01:00 PM
Lemme think... yeah, I see what you mean. I'll have a poke around my head, see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Changed it. Now it's a permanent Foresight effect combined with a +40 to one roll per day.