PDA

View Full Version : Flight and the Immobilized condition[4e]

Blackfang108
2010-02-10, 09:42 AM
What happens to a creature if it is hit with the immobilize condition while flying?

Immobilize specifically states that the creature cannot leave its square (cube, in this case).

So would the creature fall if it didn't have (hover), or would it remain in place?

BobTheDog
2010-02-10, 10:56 AM
First one. The creature can't leave it's square/cube, so it can't move the minimum two (IIRC) squares/cubes it has to, so it falls. Falling doesn't count as movement, same as being pushed/pulled/slid.

tbarrie
2010-02-10, 11:20 AM
So would the creature fall if it didn't have (hover), or would it remain in place?

I'd agree that it'll generally be the former, but really, it depends on what specifically the immobilized condition represents in a given case.

Altima
2010-02-10, 12:14 PM
First one. The creature can't leave it's square/cube, so it can't move the minimum two (IIRC) squares/cubes it has to, so it falls. Falling doesn't count as movement, same as being pushed/pulled/slid.

Actually, I believe it's been errata'd that being pushed, pulled, or slid *does* actually count as movement for the purpose of activating powers.

And yes, the creature would fall and take damage.

Blackfang108
2010-02-10, 12:18 PM
Actually, I believe it's been errata'd that being pushed, pulled, or slid *does* actually count as movement for the purpose of activating powers.

And yes, the creature would fall and take damage.

Thank you all. This helps.

How fast does something fall in a given round, again?