PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Give me a 3.5 Character, I'll give you an Exalted conversion!

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 01:32 PM
Exactly what it says on the tin. In the spirit of the 3.5/4e conversion thread, let's see just how well 3.5 builds carry over into Exalted. Give me a summary of a character or build, and I'll show you what it might look like as one of the Exalted.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-10, 01:35 PM
Is it wrong that most of my D&D characters are already begging to be Exalted characters?

OK, here it is: Neelish Troick, gnome mage / thief with a penchant for illusions and enchantment. Has a cat familiar who has a tendency to ruin every move silently check he makes. Knows 13 languages.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-02-10, 01:38 PM
You have no idea what you've unleashed upon yourself, Mr. V. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=53766)

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 01:38 PM
OK, here it is: Neelish Troick, gnome mage / thief with a penchant for illusions and enchantment. Has a cat familiar who has a tendency to ruin every move silently check he makes. Knows 13 languages.
Sounds like a Solar Night Caste. Stealth and Larceny charms let you do most of your thief stuff. Favor Performance to get things like Heart-Compelling Method and Memory-Reweaving Discipline for the most of your enchantment, and Phantom-Conjuring Performance for illusions. The cat could just be a Familiar. Favoring Linguistics will let you buy up languages on the cheap, and Excellent Emissary's Tongue will let you do even more.

AstralFire
2010-02-10, 01:43 PM
Eilonwy.
Exalted CG Changeling Bard.
Has Scorpion Chain (slashing Spiked Chain, basically) proficiency and a number of melee enhancing talents and feats, including Arcane Strike.
Relies heavily on battle song. Eventually committed a heroic sacrifice by burning herself down with heavy Words of Creation usage during her song of greatness in order to make sure the rest of the party survived.
Once stabbed a man and then burned his corpse when they had no ability to heal him and it was inevitable he was going to turn into a wendigo.
Never actually used her shapeshifting abilities for disguise, but to accentuate her heavenly dance and song performances.

Rode a rainbow-feathered bird as a mount.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 01:44 PM
You have no idea what you've unleashed upon yourself, Mr. V. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=53766)
Abyssal Dusk Caste, obviously. Abyssal melee charms cover the Shadow Hand/Devoted Spirit niche pretty well, while going into Thrown for Crypt Bolt Attack gives you your Eldritch Blast. Taking some Necromancy covers all the invocations, more or less, and you'd probably need only up to the Labyrinth Circle to do it. Might want to take some Craft or Medicine charms to help crank out the Fleshwork Horrors. Integrity and Resistance charms mirror the Crusdader's defense abilities pretty nicely. Come on, it takes more than a Level 30 character to make the Exalted system scream.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-10, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a Solar Night Caste. Stealth and Larceny charms let you do most of your thief stuff. Favor Performance to get things like Heart-Compelling Method and Memory-Reweaving Discipline for the most of your enchantment, and Phantom-Conjuring Performance for illusions. The cat could just be a Familiar. Favoring Linguistics will let you buy up languages on the cheap, and Excellent Emissary's Tongue will let you do even more.

You forgot that he's a Djala.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 01:52 PM
Eilonwy.
Exalted CG Changeling Bard.
Has Scorpion Chain (slashing Spiked Chain, basically) proficiency and a number of melee enhancing talents and feats, including Arcane Strike.
Relies heavily on battle song. Eventually committed a heroic sacrifice by burning herself down with heavy Words of Creation usage during her song of greatness in order to make sure the rest of the party survived.
Once stabbed a man and then burned his corpse when they had no ability to heal him and it was inevitable he was going to turn into a wendigo.
Never actually used her shapeshifting abilities for disguise, but to accentuate her heavenly dance and song performances.

Rode a rainbow-feathered bird as a mount.
Could be a Wood Aspect Terrestrial. Dragon-Blood Melee will let you do the spiked chain thing pretty well, with Dragon-Graced Blow replicating the magical glowy attack of Arcane Strike pretty nicely. Dragon-Bloods get a goodly number of combat-oriented Performance charms for you to use, like Vibrating Strings Defense and Three-String Sword Prana. They don't have many good disguise charms–but since you only use it for performance, that could just be a stunted Soul-Stirring Performance Method. The rainbow-feathered bird sounds like a good familiar, and Ride charms like Heaven-Graced Riding Technique and Elemental Halo's Mercy will help out there. If you're going for mounted combat, you'll also want things like Ebony Spur Technique and Charge of One Hundred Generals.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-02-10, 01:53 PM
Abyssal Dusk Caste, obviously. Abyssal melee charms cover the Shadow Hand/Devoted Spirit niche pretty well, while going into Thrown for Crypt Bolt Attack gives you your Eldritch Blast. Taking some Necromancy covers all the invocations, more or less, and you'd probably need only up to the Labyrinth Circle to do it. Might want to take some Craft or Medicine charms to help crank out the Fleshwork Horrors. Integrity and Resistance charms mirror the Crusdader's defense abilities pretty nicely. Come on, it takes more than a Level 30 character to make the Exalted system scream.

Well here I thought you'd actually stat the character.

kamikasei
2010-02-10, 01:54 PM
I'm curious what you'd make of Sem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6750147&postcount=475).

AstralFire
2010-02-10, 01:54 PM
Could be a Wood Aspect Terrestrial. Dragon-Blood Melee will let you do the spiked chain thing pretty well, with Dragon-Graced Blow replicating the magical glowy attack of Arcane Strike pretty nicely. Dragon-Bloods get a goodly number of combat-oriented Performance charms for you to use, like Vibrating Strings Defense and Three-String Sword Prana. They don't have many good disguise charms–but since you only use it for performance, that could just be a stunted Soul-Stirring Performance Method. The rainbow-feathered bird sounds like a good familiar, and Ride charms like Heaven-Graced Riding Technique and Elemental Halo's Mercy will help out there. If you're going for mounted combat, you'll also want things like Ebony Spur Technique and Charge of One Hundred Generals.

Dunno anything about exalted, but I did forget to add one thing - my customary fascination with fire. Anything about that? :3

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 01:56 PM
Dunno anything about exalted, but I did forget to add one thing - my customary fascination with fire. Anything about that? :3
Hoo boy, yes. As a Dragon-Blood, you can attack with flaming swords, shooting flaming arrows, set your fists on fire, throw bolts of fire, draw power from fire...if fire is involved, you can do it. Might need to change Aspects from Wood to Fire, but you'll still have the favored abilities to cover Ride and Performance.

Doc Roc
2010-02-10, 01:58 PM
This? (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVPSrLQI2ILVZGN0ZmJxM3JfMmdma2hxc2Nm&hl=en)

I'd love to see a well-executed steampunk machinist in Exalted...

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 02:00 PM
I'm curious what you'd make of Sem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6750147&postcount=475).
Hmm. There are a couple ways you could convert Binder over, but I think the most interesting way would be to use the Dragon-Blood charm Mantle of Elemental Fusion to combine with, say, a Lesser Elemental Dragon. Most of what Factotum does is more or less Excellencies. The arcane casting could just be a pick of Terrestrial Circle Sorcery and a few spells, while the undead-turning could be done with Three-Strings Sword Prana, using prayers to make holy attacks.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-02-10, 02:01 PM
This thread is exceedingly entertaining to read.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 02:03 PM
This? (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVPSrLQI2ILVZGN0ZmJxM3JfMmdma2hxc2Nm&hl=en)

I'd love to see a well-executed steampunk machinist in Exalted...
Definitely a Twilight Caste Solar. Craftsman Needs No Tools and Wonder-Forging Genius will let you churn out magitech like there's no tomorrow, and the mechanoflail sounds like an Exalted artifact already. Most of your spells look like they could be covered with Excellencies, or basic charms like Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit, Judge's Ear Technique, or Majestic Radiant Presence.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 02:28 PM
Well here I thought you'd actually stat the character.
Well, fine. Rough sketch, with charms. Let's make him an Essence 5 Abyssal with around 300 XP, just for kicks.

Devek the Harrower

Dusk Caste Abyssal

Attributes
Strength 5, Dexterity 5, Stamina 4
Charisma 4, Manipulation 4, Appearance 0
Perception 1, Intelligence 3, Wits 3

Abilities
Athletics 5*, Craft 2 (Weapons +2), Dodge 5, Integrity 4*, Lore 2, Melee 5* (Atrocities That Heaven Would Weep to Behold +3), Occult 2 (Underworld +2), Resistance 5*, Presence 3* (Intimidation +3), Stealth 2*, Thrown 5*, War 5*

Charms

Athletics: 2nd Athletics Excellency, Crouching Gargoyle Stance, Falling Scythe Attack, Mist Over Ice, Raiton's Nimble Perch, Shadow Races the Light, Spider Pounce Technique

Integrity: 1st Integrity Excellency, Faithful Killer's Reprieve, Freedom in Slavery Understanding, Heart of Darkness, Immortal Malevolence Enslavement, Lesser Horrors Scorned, Undying Stagnation Defense

Melee: 1st Melee Excellency, Infinite Melee Mastery, Ravening Maw of Melee, Artful Maiming Onslaught, Death-Deflecting Technique, Five-Shadow Feint, Fluttering Moth Defense, Life-Severing Blade, Savage Shade Style, Soul-Cleaving Wound, Thousand Wounds Feinting, Time-Scything Technique, Unfurling Iron Lotus, Vengeful Riposte

Occult: Corpus-Rending Blow, God-Slaying Torment, Oblivion Triumphant, Spirit-Sensing Meditation

Presence: 2nd Presence Excellency, Poisoning the Will, Sanity-Eroding Diatribe.

Resistance: 2nd Resistance Excellency, Plague Knows Its Master, Spirit-Hardened Frame

Thrown: 1st Thrown Excellency, Ravening Maw of Thrown, Crypt Bolt Attack, Improvised Assassin's Trick

War: 1st War Excellency, Arise and Slaughter, Hive-Mind Horror Tactics

Virtues
Compassion 1 (Flawed), Conviction 5, Temperance 1, Valor 5

Willpower 10

Essence 5

Sanguine
2010-02-10, 02:34 PM
This thread is awesome and totally being subscribed to. That is all.

SurlySeraph
2010-02-10, 02:35 PM
Exalted, huh? This should be a challenge. :smallamused:

Gud-gud, Neutral Good Sanctified Venerable Kobold Fiendish Flamewreath Warlock 8
Str 1 (0 if the Pathetic Strength flaw can reduce it to 0)
Dex 4
Con 1
Int 21
Wis 18
Cha 9 (11 and don't take Pathetic Charisma if you rule that a Warlock must have 11 Cha)

Skills:
11 Craft (Basketweaving)
11 Craft (Bookbinding)
11 Craft (Calligraphy)
11 Craft (Cobbling)
11 Craft (Gemcutting)
11 Craft (Painting)
11 Craft (Pottery)
11 Craft (Sculpting)
8 Craft (Weaving)

Equipment:
+1 Heavenly Burst kukri. The Heavenly Burst ability is from the Book of Exalted deeds. On a critical hit against an evil opponent, the opponent takes 3d6 damage and must save or be blinded, but the wielder takes 1d2 Str damage. Since Gud-gud has 1 Str, this means that any time he manages to do significant damage, he paralyzes himself. A +2 Vicious cold iron weapon would be slightly more pessimized, as it would guarantee that he knocks himself unconscious whenever he makes an attack, but I'll let him keep this almost-advantage because the flavor of the Heavenly Burst weapon works well with his build.
If he already has 0 Str through the Pathetic Strength flaw or a -2 Cursed Belt of Giant's Strength, he doesn't need this weapon.

Ring of X-Ray Vision. If he leaves it on for more than ten minutes a day, he dies from Con damage.

Flaws: All of them, and trade them in for Vile feats. If you want to limit them, only Pathetic Constitution and Frail (taken as a young adult, back when he had 4 Con) are necessary.

Feats: All Vile feats. There are 33 of them, so I can take one for every feat I get even counting in flaws. It doesn't matter exactly which ones he takes - you'll see why in a moment.

Invocations:
Doesn't matter. You'll see why in a moment.

This build relies on the beauty of the Sanctified template, from the Book of Exalted Deeds. A Sanctified creature is an evil creature that has survived the Sanctify the Wicked spell - a spell that has been referred to as Holy Mindrape, as it imprisons the target's soul in a gem for a year and brainwashes him into a Good-aligned creature.
A Sanctified creature has +2 LA. It gains a few minor benefits (like Tongues and Magic Circle Against Evil), but the important part of this build is that a Sanctified creature loses all Vile feats it has, *and* all pre-existing supernatural and spell-like abilities. Therefore, a Warlock who takes this loses pretty much all his class features. The reason I'm using the Fiendish Flamewreath class variant is because it replaces Fiendish Resilience with another spell-like ability, so he loses that, too. All the poor Warlock is left with is DR 2/Cold Iron and Deceive Item, which is useless if he doesn't have any magic items to use it with.

Backstory:
Gud-Gud was a big nasty evil warlock. He was completely evil and irredeemable, except for his curious obsession with making artwork, and all his power stemmed from pacts he had made with fiends. Even though he was physically pathetic, Gud-Gud's intelligence made him a deadly opponent.
Fortunately, one day Gud-Gud was defeated by a group of nice paladins. Rather than doing something so horrible as kill him, they decided to lock his soul in a gem for a year and brainwash him into a humble servant of good. When Gud-Gud was released, he was overjoyed. Now, after long years working on behalf of good, Gud-Gud lives only for his art, as there is nothing else he is physically strong enough to do.
Gud-Gud never forgot how to plan, and he wears a Ring of X-Ray Vision to make sure no one sneaks up on him. Unfortunately, when he forgets to take the ring off he dies, but that's OK. Gud-Gud is always wary against evil, and he carries his Heavenly Burst kukri everywhere, knowing that if he is up against a weak opponent such as another kobold, there is a slight chance that it will kill his opponent before it paralyzes him.

HP: 8d6 minus 40. With Frail, he gets 0 HP.

Saves:
Fort +2 base, -6 final (-3 without flaws)
Ref +2 base, -4 final (-1 without flaws)
Will +6 base, +8 final (+11 without flaws)
+2 on all saves vs. evil creatures, for what it’s worth.

AC 8, 10 against evil creatures (9, 11 against evil creatures if the Vulnerable flaw isn't allowed)

DR 2/Cold Iron

Attacks:
Light Ray +1 (only usable once per round), 3d6 damage vs. evil creatures only.
Kukri +0/-5, 1d4+1 damage. On critical hit against evil creature, additional 3d6 damage and save vs. blindness, but wielder takes 1d2 STR damage.

Analysis: Gud-Gud may survive an attack, provided his opponent doesn't have a Cold Iron weapon and rolls unusually badly for damage. However, it is very difficult to not hit Gud-Gud, and most hits will knock him out instantly. Gud-Gud can't be mind-controlled thanks to his permanent Protection from Evil, and his Will save is decent, but with two negative saves he has little chance against anything that isn't mind-affecting. Gud-Gud has Aura of Menace, which gives minor penalties to nearby enemies who haven't hit him yet. Gud-Gud gets a lot more benefit out of Aura of Menace than most creatures would, as once he's hit the fight is usually over. Gud-Gud's Light Ray is his only hope, as it deals reasonable damage and has range (since even if he has enough Str to move, he has a flaw that halves his movement speed). However, it only affects evil creatures, and so won't protect him from mice, sparrows, or other creatures that could easily kill him. His kukri is, of course, worse than useless, as if he ever rolls high enough to hit his opponent, it'll probably be a critical hit that'll paralyze him.
On the bright side, Gud-Gud's Tongues ability and high Int and Wis mean that he can come up with good plans, or talk about his artwork, in any language. Too bad he doesn't have the charisma to convince anyone of what he's saying.

Morty
2010-02-10, 02:38 PM
Either of those (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=171943) two (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=119867) characters. Both are characters in PbP games I'm currently running. The first one is actually d20r and the other one is Szatany's Ultimate Fighter, I'm not sure if it's a problem.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 02:47 PM

Gud-gud, Neutral Good Sanctified Venerable Kobold Fiendish Flamewreath [/spoiler]
Hmm. I think a Solar Half-Caste Lizardman works nicely here. Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment lets you do the holy weapon thing, Elusive Dream Defense lets you resist mind control, and that's about all you need. Saddle yourself with flaws, and you've got your pathetic kobold.

Either of those two characters. Both are characters in PbP games I'm currently running. The first one is actually d20r and the other one is Szatany's Ultimate Fighter, I'm not sure if it's a problem.
First one just looks like a Heroic Mortal with good scores in Archery and Survival. If the Goblin part is important, take a couple mutations–Small, Scales, and so on.

The second might be a newly-exalted Dawn Caste. Hungry Tiger Technique covers nicely for Power Attack and Death Blow, while Solar Counterattack can replace Combat Reflexes nicely. The will-boost from Comforting Cuirass can be done with Temptation-Resisting Stance, or maybe just an Integrity Excellency. And lastly, Shadow Over Water and Seven Shadow Evasion can replace (and exceed!) Dodge and Mobility.

Morty
2010-02-10, 03:17 PM
Hm. That's interesting, thanks.

SurlySeraph
2010-02-10, 03:26 PM
OK. I guess fluff-wise he'd be an Abyssal Exalted that became a Solar again, if that can happen. And I'd have to figure out the most useless possible charms. But I'm impressed.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 03:47 PM

Gud-gud, Neutral Good Sanctified Venerable Kobold Fiendish Flamewreath Warlock 8
Str 1 (0 if the Pathetic Strength flaw can reduce it to 0)
Dex 4
Con 1
Int 21
Wis 18
Cha 9 (11 and don't take Pathetic Charisma if you rule that a Warlock must have 11 Cha)

Skills:
11 Craft (Basketweaving)
11 Craft (Bookbinding)
11 Craft (Calligraphy)
11 Craft (Cobbling)
11 Craft (Gemcutting)
11 Craft (Painting)
11 Craft (Pottery)
11 Craft (Sculpting)
8 Craft (Weaving)

Equipment:
+1 Heavenly Burst kukri. The Heavenly Burst ability is from the Book of Exalted deeds. On a critical hit against an evil opponent, the opponent takes 3d6 damage and must save or be blinded, but the wielder takes 1d2 Str damage. Since Gud-gud has 1 Str, this means that any time he manages to do significant damage, he paralyzes himself. A +2 Vicious cold iron weapon would be slightly more pessimized, as it would guarantee that he knocks himself unconscious whenever he makes an attack, but I'll let him keep this almost-advantage because the flavor of the Heavenly Burst weapon works well with his build.
If he already has 0 Str through the Pathetic Strength flaw or a -2 Cursed Belt of Giant's Strength, he doesn't need this weapon.

Ring of X-Ray Vision. If he leaves it on for more than ten minutes a day, he dies from Con damage.

Flaws: All of them, and trade them in for Vile feats. If you want to limit them, only Pathetic Constitution and Frail (taken as a young adult, back when he had 4 Con) are necessary.

Feats: All Vile feats. There are 33 of them, so I can take one for every feat I get even counting in flaws. It doesn't matter exactly which ones he takes - you'll see why in a moment.

Invocations:
Doesn't matter. You'll see why in a moment.

This build relies on the beauty of the Sanctified template, from the Book of Exalted Deeds. A Sanctified creature is an evil creature that has survived the Sanctify the Wicked spell - a spell that has been referred to as Holy Mindrape, as it imprisons the target's soul in a gem for a year and brainwashes him into a Good-aligned creature.
A Sanctified creature has +2 LA. It gains a few minor benefits (like Tongues and Magic Circle Against Evil), but the important part of this build is that a Sanctified creature loses all Vile feats it has, *and* all pre-existing supernatural and spell-like abilities. Therefore, a Warlock who takes this loses pretty much all his class features. The reason I'm using the Fiendish Flamewreath class variant is because it replaces Fiendish Resilience with another spell-like ability, so he loses that, too. All the poor Warlock is left with is DR 2/Cold Iron and Deceive Item, which is useless if he doesn't have any magic items to use it with.

Backstory:
Gud-Gud was a big nasty evil warlock. He was completely evil and irredeemable, except for his curious obsession with making artwork, and all his power stemmed from pacts he had made with fiends. Even though he was physically pathetic, Gud-Gud's intelligence made him a deadly opponent.
Fortunately, one day Gud-Gud was defeated by a group of nice paladins. Rather than doing something so horrible as kill him, they decided to lock his soul in a gem for a year and brainwash him into a humble servant of good. When Gud-Gud was released, he was overjoyed. Now, after long years working on behalf of good, Gud-Gud lives only for his art, as there is nothing else he is physically strong enough to do.
Gud-Gud never forgot how to plan, and he wears a Ring of X-Ray Vision to make sure no one sneaks up on him. Unfortunately, when he forgets to take the ring off he dies, but that's OK. Gud-Gud is always wary against evil, and he carries his Heavenly Burst kukri everywhere, knowing that if he is up against a weak opponent such as another kobold, there is a slight chance that it will kill his opponent before it paralyzes him.

HP: 8d6 minus 40. With Frail, he gets 0 HP.

Saves:
Fort +2 base, -6 final (-3 without flaws)
Ref +2 base, -4 final (-1 without flaws)
Will +6 base, +8 final (+11 without flaws)
+2 on all saves vs. evil creatures, for what it’s worth.

AC 8, 10 against evil creatures (9, 11 against evil creatures if the Vulnerable flaw isn't allowed)

DR 2/Cold Iron

Attacks:
Light Ray +1 (only usable once per round), 3d6 damage vs. evil creatures only.
Kukri +0/-5, 1d4+1 damage. On critical hit against evil creature, additional 3d6 damage and save vs. blindness, but wielder takes 1d2 STR damage.

Analysis: Gud-Gud may survive an attack, provided his opponent doesn't have a Cold Iron weapon and rolls unusually badly for damage. However, it is very difficult to not hit Gud-Gud, and most hits will knock him out instantly. Gud-Gud can't be mind-controlled thanks to his permanent Protection from Evil, and his Will save is decent, but with two negative saves he has little chance against anything that isn't mind-affecting. Gud-Gud has Aura of Menace, which gives minor penalties to nearby enemies who haven't hit him yet. Gud-Gud gets a lot more benefit out of Aura of Menace than most creatures would, as once he's hit the fight is usually over. Gud-Gud's Light Ray is his only hope, as it deals reasonable damage and has range (since even if he has enough Str to move, he has a flaw that halves his movement speed). However, it only affects evil creatures, and so won't protect him from mice, sparrows, or other creatures that could easily kill him. His kukri is, of course, worse than useless, as if he ever rolls high enough to hit his opponent, it'll probably be a critical hit that'll paralyze him.
On the bright side, Gud-Gud's Tongues ability and high Int and Wis mean that he can come up with good plans, or talk about his artwork, in any language. Too bad he doesn't have the charisma to convince anyone of what he's saying.
Actually, I decided to go ahead and give this one a full stat-up.

Gud-Gud

Solar Half-Caste Lizardman

Motivation: Yuh-oh!

Attributes
Strength 1, Dexterity 1, Stamina 1
Charisma 1, Manipulation 1, Appearance 1
Perception 5, Intelligence 5, Wits 5

Abilities
Craft (Air) 4 (Calligraphy +3), Craft (Earth) 4 (Gem-Cutting +3), Craft (Fate) 4 (Creating Happy Destinies for Anyone Except Himself +3), Craft (Fire) 4 (Casting Bronzes +3), Craft (Genesis) 4 (Normal Kittens +3), Craft (Magitech) 4 (Automaton Kittens +3), Craft (Necrotech) 4 (Undead Kittens +3), Craft (Vitriol) 4 (Angry Dangerous Relics +3), Craft (Water) 4 (Basket-Weaving +3), Craft (Wood) 4 (Cobbling +2), Integrity 5

Backgrounds
Inheritance 5, Reputation 1 (That Poor Bastard)

Merits: Common Sense, Esoteric Craft (x5), Signature Style (Pathetic Attempts to Survive)

Flaws: Child, Climate Sensitivity (Underground), Sickly (Double Healing Times)

Positive Mutations: Attribute Reallocation (x5), Essence Attack, Night Eyes, Skin Color, Small, Tail

Negative Mutations: Crippled Essence (Deformity), Limited Manifestation (Essence Attack Only Harms Creatures of Darkness), Vulnerability (All Substances Other Than Iron, Debility)

Charms
1st Integrity Excellency

Attacks

Essence Attack: Speed 5, Accuracy 2, Damage 2L, Rate 1

DVs
Dodge DV 2
Parry DV –

Soak: 1B/1L

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Virtues
Compassion 3, Conviction 2, Temperance 2, Valor 2

Willpower: 5

Essence: 1 (6/6 motes)

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-10, 03:50 PM
I wonder if you could recreate M&M characters as well? Cause I would like to see how Lunar the Moon Lord would translate into Exalted (hint: probably not as a Lunar).

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 03:53 PM
I wonder if you could recreate M&M characters as well? Cause I would like to see how Lunar the Moon Lord would translate into Exalted (hint: probably not as a Lunar).
Don't know the system, but if you can give me a prose-y description of the character, I can probably manage it.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-10, 03:59 PM
It's pretty close to D&D, mechanically, being based on OGL content.

Here's the character. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=56616) Cosmic Energy Control basically gives him a ranged attack, while Immunity (Life Support) makes him immune to suffocation, environmental cold, heat, pressure, radiation, poison and diseases. I think you can figure out what the rest does.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 04:39 PM
It's pretty close to D&D, mechanically, being based on OGL content.

Here's the character. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=56616) Cosmic Energy Control basically gives him a ranged attack, while Immunity (Life Support) makes him immune to suffocation, environmental cold, heat, pressure, radiation, poison and diseases. I think you can figure out what the rest does.
Dawn Caste, methinks. Between Athletics, Melee, Dodge, and Resistance Excellencies, you've got your super-abilities covered. If that's not enough, Increasing Strength Exercise and Ox-Body Technique can probably make up for that. Immunity can be covered pretty easily by the Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit line, along with Sustenance of Inner Glory and Extended Lifetime Prana from Hundredfold Facets. Cosmic Energy Control is tricky, because Solars don't get a straight-up energy blast. Blazing Solar Bolt is probably the best way to do it within the Solar charmset; if you don't like that, look into the Essence Attack or Dragon's Breath mutations, the Crane Style form charm, or using Black Mirror Revelation to get Crypt Bolt Attack.

Toric
2010-02-10, 04:49 PM
I've got one for you that's been near and dear to my heart: Toric Hefthammer d'Kundarak. Gestalt Fighter/Rogue progressed to two Prc's: one that lets him craft Discworld-caliber dwarfbread and potion-equivalent desserts, and Silver Key due to an unhealthy obsession with traps. Epic moment: knocking a mage's head off a speeding carriage. Sadly, the rest of the mage went with it (barely). Greatest flaw: Failing almost every save vs Fear he is subject to.

erikun
2010-02-10, 05:00 PM
Just because I'm curious about how well Exalted would handle a "weak" character:

Bob the Imcompotent

Human Commoner
Str 8, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 8

Bob is proficient in the club, but insists on using a crossbow instead. His one skill is Profession: Chicken Farmer. Every single ability score increase is spent on Constitution, and every single feat (even epic feats) is spent on Toughness.

Give me an idea of what Bob would look like in Exalted stats. :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2010-02-10, 05:02 PM
Heh. This sounds interesting.

I think dear Ashator (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=140307) here could actually translate over rather well... he also has a common alternate form: a twenty-foot lump of flesh with 12 tentacles and twelve hydra-like heads, as well as a pair of wings.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 05:03 PM
I've got one for you that's been near and dear to my heart: Toric Hefthammer d'Kundarak. Gestalt Fighter/Rogue progressed to two Prc's: one that lets him craft Discworld-caliber dwarfbread and potion-equivalent desserts, and Silver Key due to an unhealthy obsession with traps. Epic moment: knocking a mage's head off a speeding carriage. Sadly, the rest of the mage went with it (barely). Greatest flaw: Failing almost every save vs Fear he is subject to.
Sounds like an Earth Aspect Dragon-Blood, perhaps. Things like Dragon-Graced Blow and Ringing Anvil Onslaught let you throw down the melee damage, and learning Earth Dragon style would let you do some nasty things with a hammer. Stealth charms like Dragon Shroud Technique covers most any rogue schtick I can think of. All-Encompassing Earth Sense will let you detect any trap, while Charm of Lesser Unmaking will take them apart. The dwarf-bread and magic food can be done via thaumaturgy (or perhaps made as artifact weapons).

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 05:07 PM

I think dear Ashator (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=140307) here could actually translate over rather well... he also has a common alternate form: a twenty-foot lump of flesh with 12 tentacles and twelve hydra-like heads, as well as a pair of wings.
Oh, he's definitely a Chimera Lunar, or maybe just a Full Moon. The alternate form is just a matter of using Deadly Beastman Transformation and its upgrades, and slapping on the right mutations. Halting the Scarlet Flow will give you fast healing, while Hide-Toughening Essence or Armor-Forming Technique cover the damage reduction. Most of your maneuvers would be covered pretty well by the Lunar combat suite–just looking at your 9th levels, Time Stands Still could be covered by Octopus and Scorpion Barrage or Blinking Eye of Chaos, Feral Death Blow by Unstoppable Lunar Wound or Inviting the Winter Wolf, and Metacosmic Exile by Star Falls Through. Spellcasting looks like it can mostly be covered by Manipulation and Charisma Charms.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 05:09 PM
Just because I'm curious about how well Exalted would handle a "weak" character:

Bob the Imcompotent

Human Commoner

Bob is proficient in the club, but insists on using a crossbow instead. His one skill is Profession: Chicken Farmer. Every single ability score increase is spent on Constitution, and every single feat (even epic feats) is spent on Toughness.

Give me an idea of what Bob would look like in Exalted stats. :smallbiggrin:
He's an Extra. Cannon fodder for the protagonists.

Eldan
2010-02-10, 05:13 PM
Heh. As I said, he's basically exalted already.

Agrippa
2010-02-10, 05:14 PM
Murlynd (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Murlynd), the gunslining, magic-using, cowboy paladin technomancer of Heironeous. Full stats if possible.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-10, 05:20 PM
Murlynd (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Murlynd), the gunslining, magic-using, cowboy paladin technomancer of Heironeous. Full stats if possible.

I want to do this one! Please! Pretty please!

Because gunslinging is my fetish in Exalted, mostly.

So, you want your guns to be powered by magical Essence, flaming jets of fire or golden bullets powered by prayer?

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 05:22 PM
Hmm. Not totally sure what to make of him. If we make him a high-level god, he's probably not going to be as powerful as a deity is in D&D. I think it'd be best to have him as a Elder Solar Exalt, using things like Creation-Spanning Sense to get omniscience, and Solar Circle Sorcery for properly divine miracles. Probably have him use Solar Archery charms with Prayer Pieces to manage some absolutely devastating gun-slinging. Any more information you can give me on him?

Agrippa
2010-02-10, 05:38 PM
Hmm. Not totally sure what to make of him. If we make him a high-level god, he's probably not going to be as powerful as a deity is in D&D. I think it'd be best to have him as a Elder Solar Exalt, using things like Creation-Spanning Sense to get omniscience, and Solar Circle Sorcery for properly divine miracles. Probably have him use Solar Archery charms with Prayer Pieces to manage some absolutely devastating gun-slinging. Any more information you can give me on him?

Makes perfect sense. I think he also had a dancing longsword. Other than that he was basically a paladin wizard so Medicine charms to replicate Lay on Hands would be in order. Perhaps abillities targeted towards banishing or slaying creatures of darkness, especially the undead. Maybe Social and War charms suited towards a knight in shining armor/sheriff like himself. His boss Heironeous would be an even older Elder Solar Exalt, if not the Unconquered Sun himself. Add in a cool horse and some mecha, like warstriders.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 05:55 PM
Makes perfect sense. I think he also had a dancing longsword. Other than that he was basically a paladin wizard so Medicine charms to replicate Lay on Hands would be in order. Perhaps abillities targeted towards banishing or slaying creatures of darkness, especially the undead. Maybe Social and War charms suited towards a knight in shining armor/sheriff like himself. His boss Heironeous would be an even older Elder Solar Exalt, if not the Unconquered Sun himself. Add in a cool horse and some mecha, like warstriders.
The dancing longsword can be done with Iron Raptor Technique, which lets you make your weapon flying. Laying on hands is basically what the Solar Medicine tree does, so you'd probably want to give him all of that. Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment and Rising Sun Slash are pretty much all you need to smite evil. Things like Majestic Radiant Presence and Mob-Dispersing Rebuke sound about right for him, and Righteous Devil Style has a really neat ability that lets you basically force someone into a Western-style shoot-out.

SurlySeraph
2010-02-10, 07:19 PM
Actually, I decided to go ahead and give this one a full stat-up.

Gud-Gud

Solar Half-Caste Lizardman

Motivation: Yuh-oh!

Attributes
Strength 1, Dexterity 1, Stamina 1
Charisma 1, Manipulation 1, Appearance 1

Abilities
Craft (Air) 4 (Calligraphy +3), Craft (Earth) 4 (Gem-Cutting +3), Craft (Fate) 4 (Creating Happy Destinies for Anyone Except Himself +3), Craft (Fire) 4 (Casting Bronzes +3), Craft (Genesis) 4 (Normal Kittens +3), Craft (Magitech) 4 (Automaton Kittens +3), Craft (Necrotech) 4 (Undead Kittens +3), Craft (Vitriol) 4 (Angry Dangerous Relics +3), Craft (Water) 4 (Basket-Weaving +3), Craft (Wood) 4 (Cobbling +2), Integrity 5

Backgrounds
Inheritance 5, Reputation 1 (That Poor Bastard)

Merits: Common Sense, Esoteric Craft (x5), Signature Style (Pathetic Attempts to Survive)

Flaws: Child, Climate Sensitivity (Underground), Sickly (Double Healing Times)

Positive Mutations: Attribute Reallocation (x5), Essence Attack, Night Eyes, Skin Color, Small, Tail

Negative Mutations: Crippled Essence (Deformity), Limited Manifestation (Essence Attack Only Harms Creatures of Darkness), Vulnerability (All Substances Other Than Iron, Debility)

Charms
1st Integrity Excellency

Attacks

Essence Attack: Speed 5, Accuracy 2, Damage 2L, Rate 1

DVs
Dodge DV 2
Parry DV –

Soak: 1B/1L

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ]
-4 [ ]
X [ ]

Virtues
Compassion 3, Conviction 2, Temperance 2, Valor 2

Willpower: 5

Essence: 1 (6/6 motes)

Beautiful. I love you, Demented. :smallbiggrin:

I think I remember the first time you posted that sheet. I spent a while looking for an easy way to kill it, and thought I had one until I noticed the "immune to ability damage" part. Daelkyr get some pretty nice things, don't they?

Agrippa
2010-02-10, 07:41 PM
The dancing longsword can be done with Iron Raptor Technique, which lets you make your weapon flying. Laying on hands is basically what the Solar Medicine tree does, so you'd probably want to give him all of that. Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment and Rising Sun Slash are pretty much all you need to smite evil. Things like Majestic Radiant Presence and Mob-Dispersing Rebuke sound about right for him, and Righteous Devil Style has a really neat ability that lets you basically force someone into a Western-style shoot-out.

Add in crafting related charms and he'd be set.

Toric
2010-02-10, 10:23 PM
Sounds like an Earth Aspect Dragon-Blood, perhaps. Things like Dragon-Graced Blow and Ringing Anvil Onslaught let you throw down the melee damage, and learning Earth Dragon style would let you do some nasty things with a hammer. Stealth charms like Dragon Shroud Technique covers most any rogue schtick I can think of. All-Encompassing Earth Sense will let you detect any trap, while Charm of Lesser Unmaking will take them apart. The dwarf-bread and magic food can be done via thaumaturgy (or perhaps made as artifact weapons).

Excellent. That makes four systems he's been statted for, then.

The Demented One
2010-02-10, 11:41 PM
Add in crafting related charms and he'd be set.
Craftsman Needs No Tools. Done.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-11, 12:52 AM
I like your write-up of Gud-Gud. :smallamused:

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 01:01 AM
I like your write-up of Gud-Gud. :smallamused:
Of course, it's not quite as weak as your plain old extra could be. But I think it executes the concept quite nicely.

Eldan
2010-02-11, 02:30 AM
Beautiful. I love you, Demented. :smallbiggrin:

I think I remember the first time you posted that sheet. I spent a while looking for an easy way to kill it, and thought I had one until I noticed the "immune to ability damage" part. Daelkyr get some pretty nice things, don't they?

Take into account that he is a level 30 gestalt. He is supposed to be crazy strong. And a full-out fight with him becomes a gigantic number crunch fest. And then there's the old saying: a wizard still beats him.

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 02:33 AM
Take into account that he is a level 30 gestalt. He is supposed to be crazy strong. And a full-out fight with him becomes a gigantic number crunch fest. And then there's the old saying: a wizard still beats him.
Exalted proves remarkably good at handling high-level D&D characters. It's sorta surprising, given how little the two systems have in common.

Agrippa
2010-02-11, 02:50 AM
Craftsman Needs No Tools. Done.

Okay then, let's see how you'd translate the Gary Gygax adopted Greyhawk hero diety into Exalted.

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 03:10 AM
Okay then, let's see how you'd translate the Gary Gygax adopted Greyhawk hero diety into Exalted.
Can has info?

Agrippa
2010-02-11, 03:13 AM
Can has info?

You mean Murlynd?

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 03:15 AM
You mean Murlynd?
Oh! I thought you were talking about a different guy. Do you just want a full sheet for Murlynd?

Agrippa
2010-02-11, 03:17 AM
Oh! I thought you were talking about a different guy. Do you just want a full sheet for Murlynd?

Sure, I'd like to see how that old cowboy paladin would pan out in Exalted.

BobVosh
2010-02-11, 03:41 AM
He's an Extra. Cannon fodder for the protagonists.

No. I disagree. He is perfect as the uncommonly lucky extra. He will live through the collateral damage.

He mentioned epic feats. Means at least 21. 24 is the max for a commoner. So +6 to a stat in stat bumps. 24 con without items. 24 levels at +7 HP/level, 3 for HD (it is D6s right?)

So 240 hp. I would make him an extra with several choice wyld mutations.

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 04:12 AM
Sure, I'd like to see how that old cowboy paladin would pan out in Exalted.
Okay. I'll go ahead and make him deity level, an Essence 9 Solar. Couple of his charms are from Hundredfold Facets, just for want of published Elder Charms.

Myrlund

Zenith Caste Exalt

Motivation: Justice!

Attributes
Strength 6, Dexterity 9, Stamina 6
Charisma 9, Manipulation 3, Appearance 9

Abilities
Athletics 9, Awareness 9 (Supernatural Senses +3), Archery 9 (Gunslinging +3), Bureaucracy 9, Dodge 9, Craft (Earth) 9, Craft (Fire) 9, Craft (Magitech) 9, Integrity 9 (Paladin's Code +3), Investigation 9 (Uncovering Injustice +3), Linguistics 9, Lore 9, Occult 9, Performance 9, Presence 9 (Castigating the Wicked +3), Resistance 9, Ride 9, Survival 9, War 9

Charms

Archery: 1st Archery Excellency, Infinite Archery Mastery, Arrow Storm Technique, Deadly Solar Pinions, Essence Arrow Attack, Flashing Vengeance Draw, Phantom Arrow Technique, Rain of Feathered Death, Singular Golden Barrage, Summoning the Loyal Bow, Thousand Arrows Cloud Attack, Trance of Unhesitating Speed

Athletics: 3rd Athletics Excellency, Athletics Essence Flow, Graceful Crane Stance, Immovable Righteousness, Thunderbolt Attack Prana

Awareness: 2nd Awareness Excellency, Awareness Essence Flow, Creation-Spanning Sense (All Senses), Eye of the Unconquered Sun, Inescapable Eye of the Sun, Insuperable Clarity of Sense (All Senses x3), Keen Sense Technique (All Senses), Surprise Anticipation Method, Unsurpassed Sense Discipline (All Senses)

Bureaucracy: 2nd Bureaucracy Excellency, Bureaucracy Essence Flow, Bureau-Rectifying Method, Creation-Ruling Pronouncement, Heavenly Mandate Marking (x3), Lawgiver's Ministerial Dominion, Speed the Wheels, Voice of the People

Craft: 2nd Craft Excellency, Craft Essence Flow, Infinite Craft Mastery, Crack-Mending Technique, Craftsman Needs No Tools, Diligent Artisan's Methodology, Golden Prodigy Epiphany, Inimitable Assembly Exercise, Peerless Paragon of Earth, Peerless Paragon of Fire, Peerless Paragon of Magitech, Tenfold Master Laborer Technique, Wonder-Forging Genius (x2), Wonder-Sculpting Alacrity

Dodge: 2nd Dodge Excellency, Dodge Essence Flow, Cobra and Mongoose Method, Dancing Shadow Evasion, Flow Like Blood, Leaping Dodge Method, Reflex Sidestep Technique, Seven Shadow Evasion, Shadow Over Water, Sinuous Shadow Escape

Integrity: 2nd Integrity Excellency, Integrity Essence Flow, Champion of Virtue Meditation (All Virtues), Destiny-Manifesting Method, Elusive Dream Defense, Epic Zeal of Virtue (All Virtues), Final Ray of Light, Hero's Purpose Meditation, Integrity-Protecting Prana, Omnipotent Golden Resolve, Phoenix Renewal Tactical (All Virtues), Righteous Lion Defense, Rising Sun Soul, Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver, Temptation-Resisting Stance, Transcendent Hero's Meditation, Unstoppable Destiny Outburst

Investigation: 2nd Investigation Excellency, Investigation Essence Flow, Consumer-Evaluating Glance, Courtier's Eye Technique, Crafty Observation Method, Evidence-Discerning Method, Golden Magistrate Clarity, Heart-Reading Glance, Irresistible Questioning Technique, Judge's Ear Technique, Misdeed-Unveiling Illumination, Tale of the World Intuition (x3), Unblinking Sentinel Gaze

Linguistics: 2nd Linguistics Excellency, Linguistics Essence Flow, Excellent Emissary's Tongue, Letter-Within-A-Letter Technique, Poetic Expression Style, Sagacious Reading of Intent, Twisted Words Technique, Unbreakable Fascination Method

Lore: 2nd Lore Excellency, 3rd Lore Excellency, Chaos-Repelling Pattern, Chaos-Warding Benison (x3), Hero Draws a Second Breath, Immanent Solar Glory (x9), Infinity-Compassing Conquest, Unified Essence Theory, Wyld Cauldron Technology, Wyld-Shaping Technique

Occult: All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, Ghost-Eating Technique, Magic-Defying Mudra, Power-Sealing Chakra Strike, Sorcerer's Burning Chakra Charm, Spirit-Cutting Attack, Spirit-Detecting Glance

Performance: 2nd Performance Excellency, Performance Essence Flow, Demon-Wracking Glory, Face the Light, Heart-Compelling Method, Horizon-to-Horizon Performance Method (x3), Indivisible Themes of Splendor, Mastery-of-Passion Nuance, Phantom-Conjuring Performance, Respect-Commanding Attitude

Presence: 2nd Presence Excellency, Presence Essence Flow, Cutting Observation Interruption, Devil-Flaying Proclamation, Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment, Injunction of the Lawgiver, Irresistible Salesman Spirit, Majestic Radiant Presence, Resplendent Aura of Awe (x3), Servant-Uplifting Affirmation, Terrible Sun King Condemnation, Worshipful Lackey Acquisition

Resistance: 2nd Resistance Excellency, Resistance Essence Flow, Battlefield-Weathering Stance, Body-Mending Meditation, Durability of Oak Meditation, Enduring Mountain Method, Eternal Glory Meditation, Extended Lifetime Prana, Immunity to Everything Technique, Indestructible Warrior Frame, Iron Skin Concentration, Ox-Body Technique (x9), Perfected Constitution (x3), Sustenance of Inner Glory (x2), Tireless Sentinel Technique, Unbreakable Warrior's Mastery, Warrior's Adversity Divestment

Ride: 2nd Ride Excellency, Ride Essence Flow, Dragon-Riding Meditation, Flashing Thunderbolt Speed, Impossible Maneuver Execution, Majestic Bearing Intuition, Master Horseman's Techniques (All Tricks), Phantom Steed, Pilot's Steady Hand, Single Spirit Approach, Sometimes Horses Fly Approach, Wind-Racing Essence Infusion, World-Crossing Stamina, Worthy Mount Technique

Survival: Element-Resisting Prana, Eternal Elemental Harmony, Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit, Steadfast Elemental Emperor Stance

War: 2nd War Excellency, War Essence Flow, Fury-Inciting Presence, Mob-Dispersing Rebuke, Rout-Stemming Gesture, Swift Solar Strategy

Virtues
Compassion 5, Conviction 5, Temperance 5, Valor 5

Willpower: 10

Essence: 9 (Personal 37/37, Peripheral 93/93, Glory 90/90)

If there are any miracles that he still can't perform with that set of stats, give him Solar Circle Sorcery and appropriate spells to do whatever. Goddamn that took forever.

absolmorph
2010-02-11, 04:51 AM
Would Bubs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7097263&postcount=38) be workable as an Exalted?

Eldan
2010-02-11, 04:55 AM
You know, I still never finished reading the exalted core rules, but even just reading charm names is amusing.

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 11:47 AM
You know, I still never finished reading the exalted core rules, but even just reading charm names is amusing.
It is one of the game's greatest strengths. Death of Obsidian Butterflies! Sometimes Horses Fly Approach! Cash and Murder Games!

Would Bubs be workable as an Exalted?
Looks like he'd just be a Heroic Mortal who take Familiar 5 to get a tyrant lizard familiar.

Je dit Viola
2010-02-11, 04:16 PM
Yes, the names are hilarious! They make me laugh a lot.

Unfortunately, I don't know DnD 3.5 (or any other, really), so I can't submit characters for conversion, but that's alright because it's cool enough just to watch.

One Step Two
2010-02-11, 07:43 PM
The names of the attacks, and the fact that some of them require you to call them out as you use tem (in the case of combos atleast) is the best part of the game :smallbiggrin:

One of my favourite ingame moments was when only a half-caste my character called out to a stealthy attacker, "You can't hide from me! All Encompassing Sorcerers Sight!" my Storyteller remarked, "You don't know All encompasing sorcerers sight." my reply was, "Exactly, as soon as they remark that I use my hearing to locate them." My arguement being that the fact my opponent is a sidereal they would make meta comments like that.

Sorry for the partial de-rail.

On topic: Demented One, what would you put down as the Exalted versionof Drizzit :smallwink:

Prime32
2010-02-11, 07:55 PM

Bob the Imcompotent

Human Commoner

Give me an idea of what Bob would look like in Exalted stats. :smallbiggrin:Dang, you beat me to it. :smallwink:

In that case, I'll ask for...
Pun-Pun.

Heliomance
2010-02-11, 08:13 PM
Hmm. Kukrak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=177627) should be fun to stat up. He's been undead for so long he barely remembers being alive, and is by this point not much more than a sentient force of hunger. That gets silly numbers of natural attacks with silly amounts of paralysis on them. And an even sillier jump check.

The Demented One
2010-02-11, 09:56 PM
Pun-Pun.
Essence 3 Solar with Wyld-Shaping Technique. :smallbiggrin:

The Demented One
2010-02-12, 11:06 AM
Hmm. Kukrak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=177627) should be fun to stat up. He's been undead for so long he barely remembers being alive, and is by this point not much more than a sentient force of hunger. That gets silly numbers of natural attacks with silly amounts of paralysis on them. And an even sillier jump check.
Hmm. Definitely an Abyssal Dusk Caste using Hungry Ghost martial arts, using Unnatural Shambling Deftness to make big flurries of attacks and Blood-Freezing Technique to paralyze people. Spider Pounce Technique and Earth-Forsaking Stance will let you jump good. Maybe make him a Mantis Beastman with extra limbs and extra soak to replicate being Thri-Keen.

Tiki Snakes
2010-02-12, 11:33 AM
I know this isn't a dnd character, but i'd be...interested... in seeing an Exalted write-up of this fine fellow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU8vKRNnRw&feature=related)

:smallwink:

Edge
2010-02-12, 12:12 PM
Be interested to see an Exalted take on Alessandro (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=140255). Human gestalt Warblade//Warlock 20, Masked Demon//Warlock 10.

AgentPaper
2010-02-12, 12:19 PM
How about, a simple, level 5 fighter, who has taken simple feats like weapon focus, cleave, and combat reflexes, and uses a sword and shield, and wears chainmail?

The Demented One
2010-02-12, 12:38 PM
I know this isn't a dnd character, but i'd be...interested... in seeing an Exalted write-up of this fine fellow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU8vKRNnRw&feature=related)

Oh, Mumm-Ra's definitely a Deathlord. The transformation sequence is probably some kind of high-essence Avatar charm that draws on the power of the Neverborn (or possibly, the Void Circle spell Birth of Sanity's Sorrow).

The Demented One
2010-02-12, 12:42 PM
Be interested to see an Exalted take on Alessandro (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=140255). Human gestalt Warblade//Warlock 20, Masked Demon//Warlock 10.
Strikes me as being a Dusk Caste Abyssal. Their Melee charms can cover just about all your combat maneuvers, with Integrity and Resistance covering the Diamond Mind defenses. Crypt Bolt Attack gives you eldritch blast, or else you can use Resplendent Shadow Blade for shaping it into a blade. Various charms cover just about all your incantations. The whole Masked Demon schtick isn't really something Abyssals do that well, since there's not any point where they aren't an all-out killing machine. It could just be cool stunting of Infinite Melee Mastery, though.

How about, a simple, level 5 fighter, who has taken simple feats like weapon focus, cleave, and combat reflexes, and uses a sword and shield, and wears chainmail?
Probably just a Heroic Mortal.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-12, 01:04 PM
In that case, I'll ask for...And here I was, thinking you'd ask for the stats for Kamina. :smallamused:

Agrippa
2010-02-13, 02:36 AM
Since you finished Murlynd let's see if you can handle his friends. Here they are.
Heward (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heward)
Zagyg (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Zagyg)
Celestian (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Celestian)
Phaulkon (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Phaulkon)
Keoghtom (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Keoghtom) (Though any half way sane DM would halve the levels in all his classes.)
Mordenkainen (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mordenkainen)

And no, you don't have to finish them all before taking on other requests.

Weimann
2010-02-15, 11:21 AM
I know they aren't 3.5 characters, but I'd be intereted in seeing what you'd make of the main charcaters in the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Pick one of Logen, Glokta, Jezal, Ferro and Bayaz.

Provided you've read the series, of coruse. If you haven't read the series, you should.

AgentPaper
2010-02-15, 12:24 PM
Hmm, what about Rand, of Wheel of Time?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-02-15, 10:42 PM
An old friend (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=71784).

Kylarra
2010-02-15, 10:49 PM
Since you finished Murlynd let's see if you can handle his friends. Here they are.
Keoghtom (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Keoghtom) (Though any half way sane DM would halve the levels in all his classes.)

And no, you don't have to finish them all before taking on other requests.The problem with iconic gods and such, is that the majority are easily replicable with just being Elder Twilights using high level sorcery/charms, with the exception of Keoghtom being an Eclipse caste to represent his diversity and Phaulkon being a Dawn Caste for pure combat prowess (although by the numbers twilight can do that too).

The Demented One
2010-02-15, 11:08 PM

And no, you don't have to finish them all before taking on other requests.
I will do these at some point when I hate myself and want to stat up a bunch of Elder Solars. Blegh.

I know they aren't 3.5 characters, but I'd be intereted in seeing what you'd make of the main charcaters in the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Pick one of Logen, Glokta, Jezal, Ferro and Bayaz.
Have not read. Details?

Hmm, what about Rand, of Wheel of Time?
Nor this. If you wanna tell me 'bout him, I can probably come up with something.

An old friend.
Oh my, have we got a Scourge. Things like Self as Cyclone Stance and Scarlet Rapture Shintai cover most of the Iron Heart stuff, while all the Dread Crown things are probably Ebon Dragon charms used through Cornered Titan Desperation. Celestial Circle Sorcery gets you most of your spell-like abilities. Take Infernal Monster Style, and you can even replicate the unbound fiend powerup with Retribution Will Follow and One Hand Fury.

horngeek
2010-02-16, 04:37 AM
Rand al'Thor...

if I had to define his abilities in D&D terms (which is utterly unsuited to defining Wheel of Time) I'd call him a Sorceror/Warrior, maybe.

Big empasis on maybe. Chanelling =/= magic in a major way. MAYBE stat him out as an Eclipse so you can access terrestrial charms and do it that way.

In Exalted?

...actually, I have no idea. Although his occasional madness goes great through Limit Breaks. :smallbiggrin:

However, I give the Demented One the requested information. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_al'Thor)

Weimann
2010-02-16, 06:33 AM
Have not read. Details?

I'll try to describe them, but I can't ever do these character justice. They will be much more awesome than I can ever convey. Still, here's a rundown.

WARNING! In case you ever decide to read the book, which you really really (really) should, these descriptions might spoil some for you. I will try to keep them as light as I can, but there's always the risk. YOu have been warned.

Logen
Logen Ninefingers is a barbarian from the Northlands, where he is a well-known name. Well feared, might be more accurate, since he had a viscious hunger for battle in his youth. He was the champion of Bethod, an up-and-coming warlord, and through Logen's aptitude at warfare, physical combat and great taste for blood, they conquered a lot of the North. However, after a time, Bethod kicked him and his closest out.

As the years passed, the tase of blood in Logen's mouth grew sour. Looking at his life, he sees that his friends are all gone, some by his own hand, and his enemies are more numerous than ever. He has lost everything he ever cared for. He wishes to start anew. Can he, though? Can a man so baptized in blood change? After all, you have to be realistic about these things...

Glokta
Sand dan Glokta is a bitter man. He has been treaded unfairly by the world. Once, he was a splendid fencer, who won the Summer Contest and had the women literally stalkig him. Then he was a war hero, who fought in the war against the Gurkish for the glory of the Union. Some time around there his luck ended, though, because instead of killing him when his company was defeted... the Gurkish captured him. He would likely have been better off dead.

These days, Glokta hobble though the dungeons of the House of Chains, where the Inquisition holds quarters. Behind him, he tugs his useless left leg, and no one can stand to look at his mutilated face. Each day, he fights a battle with the stairs down to the dungeons, where he works with drawing out confessions of treachery against the king. Inquisition is something he learned in the Gurkish dungeons, at least, and he is a master of it. But for all the confessions he produces, all the bodies he rends such as his was rended, it doesn't make him happy. Nothing ever can anymore. So why does he do this?

Jezal
Jezal dan Luthar lives the good life. His father just bought him the title of Captain in the Union army, and he spends his days admiring himself and others of noble blood at the cost of the commoners, fleecing his friends at poker and getting ****faced.

...wait, that's it? Do I really expect you to make an Exalt out of that? Well, no. But the problem with Jezal is that while most of the others are Exalted at the start of the adventure, he kind of Exalts along the way. Here is his state at the end of the book (naturally MAJOR SPOILERS!).
Towards the end of the book, Jezal has realized the errors of his ways. On his journey through the Old Empire, he has met dangers that makes him happy for each breath he takes. Returning from the quest, he is almost humble in his ways and even defends a beggar from a sadistic guard upon arrival home, where earlier he would have considered it dutiful of the guard to keep the streets clean, if he had indeed noticed it at all.

Fate (or is it fate?) will not leave him alone, however. Through intricate machinations of an unseen hand, Jezal raises to the topmost position in the Union; that of King. Unfortunate for him, the Gurkish choose this very moment to attack the Union. Jezal is suddenly responsible for all the people in the city of Adua, and indeed for the fate of the world's greatest country. He is loved by the people, who close up around his leading example, but he is inept at warfare. Lucky for him (or is it luck?) he is not alone. Bayaz stands with him, giving good advice for this troubling times. Or is it advice? They sound more and more like direct orders. Who is really ruling the Union, here?

Ferro
Ferro Maljinn. The gust of the desert. The arrow at night. Or noon, or any other part of the day. Ferro is on a crusade. Against the Gurkish. Against anyone that looks Gurkish. Against any item that might once have been in the same room as someone whispering something about the Gurkish. She is out for Vengeancetm for her inprisonment, for her slavery, for her time treated as a commodity. She will kill them all, one by one, cut by cut. All by herself.

Ferro is a savage woman. She cares for little but Vengeancetm and trusts utterly no one. Trust is something liars talk about. She is skilled with a bow and arrow, and she can run forever and climb walls with no visible handles.

Bayaz
Bayaz, the First of the Magi, Great in High Art and Learned in Deep Wisdom. Notice those capitals? Yeah, he's that important.

Frankly, I'm not even gonna bother with this guy. He's way to hard to describe properly, and not even a "real" main character (although his character is still awesome).

absolmorph
2010-02-16, 07:27 AM
...actually, I have no idea. Although his occasional madness goes great through Limit Breaks. :smallbiggrin:

However, I give the Demented One the requested information. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_al'Thor)
It's not exactly "occasional" madness. The parts that are from his point of view tend to show that it's pretty much constant, with sudden outbursts.
Actually using these tags for their (apparently) intended purpose:
Like when he argues with Lews Therin (his previous incarnation), and struggles with him for control of saidin. Or when he starts yelling at one of the Two Rivers girls while channeling Air to lift her in the air. Or after beating Ba'alzamon in the first book. And again in the second.
He's become pretty crazy, at least in what I've read (up to book... nine, I believe? Last I saw was him getting his left hand blown off).

Thelas
2010-02-16, 05:55 PM
Hm.
There's something I'd like to ask for, but I don't have the sheet and I feel that it would be more of "how in #HELLISH_ENVIRONMENT is he going to do this?" than "I'd really like to see this."

On the other hand, despite the fact that I don't really play Exalted, I've looked at it a bit and it seems interesting. I'm planning on running the 'demo' adventure from the site (Return to the Tomb of the 5 Corners) when my D&D group gets back together, and possibly switching from "Old AD&D Module Converted To 3.5 Because My Players Refuse To Learn THAC0" to Exalted if everyone likes it. Would you (the Demented One, that is) be available to help if I send you a PM about various things?

And to make this on-topic, here, have a linky. Pick one (of the Lords of the Nine) and convert it, if you would. (No, not what I was referring to in the first paragraph.)

This is a linky on which you can click. (http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth669h/TGoH/TGoH9.pdf)

Weimann
2010-02-16, 06:04 PM
Thelas, I have STed Return to the Tomb of Five Corners myself, so if you want any tips, feel free to PM me :) I'm not an experienced player, but I'm sure I could be of some use.

The Demented One
2010-02-16, 07:02 PM
On the other hand, despite the fact that I don't really play Exalted, I've looked at it a bit and it seems interesting. I'm planning on running the 'demo' adventure from the site (Return to the Tomb of the 5 Corners) when my D&D group gets back together, and possibly switching from "Old AD&D Module Converted To 3.5 Because My Players Refuse To Learn THAC0" to Exalted if everyone likes it. Would you (the Demented One, that is) be available to help if I send you a PM about various things?
I am! It'd probably be quicker to just talk to me on AIM, if you've got it. My name there is The Last Comte.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-16, 09:07 PM
Oooh. I just had a weird idea.

Do Yoda! And Darth Vader!

The Demented One
2010-02-16, 10:08 PM
Oooh. I just had a weird idea.

Do Yoda! And Darth Vader!
Yoda is a Djala Zenith Caste who uses Glorious Solar Saber a lot, and has some kind of sorcery to do telekinesis. Darth Vader, on the other hand, is a Soulsteel Caste Alchemical who's gone Apostate.

TheCountAlucard
2010-02-20, 12:21 AM
You know who I want you to convert over to Exalted? Alucard and Anderson, from Hellsing.

Alucard, of course, would be a high-Essence Abyssal with a number of Archery Charms and some Martial Arts ones, as well. Seems to have a means of dealing aggravated to creatures of darkness with his guns, despite being a creature of darkness himself. Poisoning the Will would explain the whole "sex beam" thing.

Anderson would be a Zenith Caste Solar with a lot of Thrown and Melee Charms, particularly Cascade of Cutting Terror. Probably some Holy Charms and low-end sorcery.

Now, what Charms would these guys have to simulate their regeneration abilities? Both of these characters typically take crazy amounts of punishment over the course of a fight, just to get up and utterly curb-stomp the opposition.

EDIT: Luke Valentine, of course, would have the Abyssal equivalents of Lightning Speed and Racing Hare Method, boosted with Athletics Excellencies, maybe enough Melee Charms to get him that Extra Action Charm he used with the knife; he's likely got those Comboed together with Dodge Charms; the blood-dodging bit was probably a stunt. Probably still on par with a starting character, though.

Agrippa
2010-03-02, 04:25 PM
I challenge you to convert Fire God (http://jrients.blogspot.com/2009/02/um-fear-my-wrath-puny-mortals.html) and his pet hellhound.

Fire God's pet dog. Assume full advancement.
Hellhound

Armor Class: 4 (15 in 3rd edition) Number Appearing: 2-8
Hit Dice: 3 to 7* Save As: Fighter equal to Hit Dice
Movement: 120' (40') Morale: 9 (out of 12)
Attacks: bite or breath Treasure Type: C
Damage: 1-6 or special Alignment: Chaotic (read as Evil)

A hellhound appears as a reddish-brown hound the size of a large wolfhound or a small pony, and is impervious to normal fire. They are often found near volcanos, deep in dungeons or with another fire-loving creature (such as a fire giant). Hellhounds are cunning and highly intelligent. They save as fighters equal to thier hit dice.

In, melee, a hellhound will attack one person, biting (3-6 on 1d6) or breathing fire (1 or 2 on 1d6) each round. Its breath does 1d6 points of damage per hit die the hellhound has (3d6 to 7d6). A character who makes a saving throw vs. Dragon Breath takes only half damage.

Hellhounds have a 75% chance per round of detecting an invisible person or object within 60'.

anubistheta
2010-03-03, 01:37 PM
I was reading the Exalted Hard Sell thread, and it piqued my interests. What would my current character look like in Exalted?

John Ukglass
Chaotic Good
Conjurer/Master Specialist/Malconvoker
Reserve Feat: Summon Elemental

He tries to use magic for everything and abhors actual work and direct combat. He usually summons or binds creatures to get what he wants, if at all possible. Why clean when one can prestidigitate?:smallsmile:

Also, what books would be good to buy for such a character?

Arti3
2010-03-03, 01:45 PM
Pun-pun.
That is all.

The Demented One
2010-03-03, 02:00 PM
I was reading the Exalted Hard Sell thread, and it piqued my interests. What would my current character look like in Exalted?

John Ukglass
Chaotic Good
Conjurer/Master Specialist/Malconvoker
Reserve Feat: Summon Elemental

He tries to use magic for everything and abhors actual work and direct combat. He usually summons or binds creatures to get what he wants, if at all possible. Why clean when one can prestidigitate?:smallsmile:

Also, what books would be good to buy for such a character?
Oh, that's really really easy. Demon-summing in Exalted is probably the single most useful thing you can do with sorcery. If you wanna buy books for it, Roll of Glorious Divinity II and Compass of Celestial Directions: Malfeas would be good for their lists of demon stats.

Pun-pun
Essence 3 Solar with Wyld-Shaping Technique.

Arti3
2010-03-03, 02:28 PM
I don't think Pun-Pun is Essence 3... maybe like Essence ∞^∞... maybe.

The Demented One
2010-03-03, 02:30 PM
I don't think Pun-Pun is Essence 3... maybe like Essence ∞^∞... maybe.
Naaah. Wyld-Shaping Technique. Free, impossible wishes, for everyone!

Arti3
nyaOK. I shall implement it into the Great Plan.
@V: You make a good point.

The Rose Dragon
Naaah. Wyld-Shaping Technique. Free, impossible wishes, for everyone!

Only in the Wyld, though. Pun-Pun is nigh-omnipotent everywhere.

Kylarra
2010-03-03, 02:31 PM
Only in the Wyld, though. Pun-Pun is nigh-omnipotent everywhere.The clear solution is to let the Wyld overtake creation.

The Demented One
2010-03-03, 02:33 PM
Only in the Wyld, though. Pun-Pun is nigh-omnipotent everywhere.
The solution is to fill a bag with protoshinmaic vortices, and just detonate them as needed. :smallbiggrin:

Lochar
2010-03-03, 07:14 PM
It's like a million bags of holding all being shoved into a million portable holes, all in the same 5' square.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-03, 07:26 PM
The clear solution is to let the Wyld overtake creation.

That is not a solution to anything.

That is a goal to aspire to.

Arti3
2010-03-03, 07:42 PM
That is not a solution to anything.

That is a goal to aspire to.

It's the solution to everything!