PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Gestalt build

Pelfaid
2010-02-10, 08:32 PM
So I am looking at possibly joining a game a friend is running. He has a love of all things excessive and so he is letting people have 5d6b3 for stats and it is gestalt. Now I believe he has ruled that supernatural abilities work in an antimagic field but other than that not sure of any other silly things. The build I worked out last night used the Pixie racial class from savage Species and I am wondering if I make it more synergistic.

Pixie 5/Binder 15 // Warlock 17/Hellfire Warlock 3

Basically I want to have some versatility but be able to deal out some pain. Now I would like to keep the warlock but anything else is fine as long as it is not one of the Big 5 or psionic. I could also use some advice on what invocations I should take so as not to have redundant abilities.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I forgot to say that this is starting at level 4 and the above build is just for completeness sake

PersonMan
2010-02-10, 08:40 PM
If it would still be useful at your level, you could take some Rogue levels for sneak attack-if you stay invisible you should be dealing the extra dice every attack.

Jack_Simth
2010-02-10, 09:09 PM
Edit: I forgot to say that this is starting at level 4 and the above build is just for completeness sake

Then ignore Savage Species. The MM Pixie has only a single racial hit die, and:

Humanoids and Class Levels: Creatures with 1 or less HD replace their monster levels with their character levels. The monster loses the attack bonus, saving throw bonuses, skills, and feats granted by its 1 monster HD and gains the attack bonus, save bonuses, skills, feats, and other class abilities of a 1st-level character of the appropriate class.

So you've got Pixie LA 4//Warlock-4, from the start.

Warlock//Binder is a surprising choice, though. Rogue (for sneak attack and skill points) would go *much* better opposite Warlock, due to the sneak attack going very, very well with the constant Invisibility.

But that's optimization - and broken characters are not the ones that are very strong, they are the ones that are off of the party curve (and the one trick ponies). What's the rest of the party shaping up like? That'll help narrow down how hefty the optimization advice needs to be.

Pelfaid
2010-02-10, 09:32 PM
Actually I was thinking going Rogue on the other side initially but decided to try something different.

As far as the rest of the party it varies. There is a Druid//Ranger played by a newbie who is focusing on animal companions, A monk//something going into kensai, a changeling factotum//bard aiming at being a completely different person/character each day, and there is a wizard of some type. The most experienced optimizer is probably going to be the wizard player but I don't know what approach he is taking.

So I guess for optimization aiming at a high Tier 3 or low Tier 2 in power.