PDA

View Full Version : To beat a lich's Dmg Reduction...

NBoomer
2010-02-10, 09:28 PM
does the weapon need to be magical AND bludgeoning, or are they two seperate ways to beat the 15 dr?

Dr Bwaa
2010-02-10, 09:33 PM
I believe you need both.

Djinn_in_Tonic
does the weapon need to be magical AND bludgeoning, or are they two seperate ways to beat the 15 dr?

It has to be both. If it's one or the other, it will say DR 15/Magic or Bludgeoning.

The lich's reads DR 15/Magic and Bludgeoning.

industrious
Magical and Bludgeoning. There is no other way. If you have the Sword of Uber Divine Might for Smiting Liches and Destroying the Undead in General...you still have to deal with the damage reduction, since it isn't bludgeoning. Whereas a tankard with a magic weapon cast on it bypasses the reduction.

EDIT: Ninjas. Well, my post was funnier.

Dr Bwaa
2010-02-10, 09:35 PM
Well, my post was funnier.

That is certainly a fact. :smallbiggrin:

NBoomer
2010-02-10, 09:35 PM
Magical and Bludgeoning. There is no other way. If you have the Sword of Uber Divine Might for Smiting Liches and Destroying the Undead in General...you still have to deal with the damage reduction, since it isn't bludgeoning. Whereas a tankard with a magic weapon cast on it bypasses the reduction.

Agreed. Thanks for the speedy replies :D.

BobVosh
2010-02-10, 09:42 PM

If it makes you feel better, I am inspired to try that next lich fight.