PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Making my Avoral unique

Draxar
2010-02-10, 10:25 PM
I'm considering playing an Avoral in a D&D 3.5 post-apocalyptic Eberron game. But I'm not sure how to make it 'my' character that happens to be an Avoral, rather than an Avoral that happens to be played with me.

The party is 10th level, so I've got 49k in gold, and 4 feats (up to 2 more if I can find appropriate flaws that actually fit and make sense), and 32 points buy for my attributes.

Avoral is here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/avoral.htm). Looking at Savage Species, at 10th level I've got one less hit dice, +6 dex and +2 or +4 in everything else, a bit less natural armour and natural weapon damage, and some of the powers I have 3/day instead of 'at will'. Though I need to check that with my DM, as they've changed the Avoral between 3.0 and 3.5, thus Savage Species is out of date, I may end up with the SS version, or something inbetween.

So, can people suggest ways to make the thing interesting in the limited customisation space I've got? I'm not so much after optimised as interesting.

I don't have to remain an upstanding paragon of good, though I'm probably going to be fairly good. The party currently consists of an Antrhopomorphic Panda Monk/Drunken Master, called Master Chin Yu (first name 'Pun'), a somewhat unstable Archivist/Swashbuckler (who is the party healer), and a Jermilaine (tiny Fae) who specializes in climbing on people then stabbing them in the back (custome PrC). That's what the character has to work alongside, and be useful to.

So far my vauge thoughts are that Tome of Battle is an option, or one of the other magic systems you can 'buy' into with feats. Beyond that, I'm really not sure, thus all suggestions are welcomed.