PDA

View Full Version : Which revolution first?

Maximum Zersk
2010-02-10, 10:43 PM
Well, here I am, asking you, the phosisticated people of our phosisticated playground, a question:

Whose revolution will come first? The robot revolution, the cephalopod one, or the cetacean one, etc.

arguskos
2010-02-10, 10:46 PM
The Robot Revolution. And Gina Riversmith will be the first up against the wall.
Really obscure joke rofl.

Drakevarg
2010-02-10, 10:46 PM
The robots will begin their uprising, only to be interrupted and destroyed by the Bloop and its giant squid armada.

Krade
2010-02-10, 10:48 PM
The Robot Revolution. And Gina Riversmith will be the first up against the wall.
Really obscure joke rofl.

/thread

I believe it will actually be the Fungal Revolution. Never did trust those buggers...

edit: Also, not that obscure...

arguskos
2010-02-10, 10:52 PM
/thread

I believe it will actually be the Fungal Revolution. Never did trust those buggers...

edit: Also, not that obscure...
Remembering who that character was is fairly obscure. She was in one comic, and was only referenced in maybe 5 by name. :smalltongue:

BRC
2010-02-10, 11:13 PM
Well, here I am, asking you, the phosisticated people of our phosisticated playground, a question:

Whose revolution will come first? The robot revolution, the cephalopod one, or the cetacean one, etc.
*Leaps through the ceiling*
Did somebody say, Revolution.
The cephalopod revolution has already occurred, for the last 50 years we have been ruled by super intelligent cuttlefish.

The Robot revolution is a ways away, 100 years at least.
We will soon encounter the Lolvolution, when online personas rise against their creators.

Icewalker
2010-02-11, 12:15 AM
The Zombie Separatist Party.

Coidzor
2010-02-11, 12:22 AM
Well, I think the cetaceans are still fighting and raping amongst themselves over who will get to lead their revolution, so we definitely have some breathing room with that one.

UnChosenOne
2010-02-11, 12:43 AM
Clone Revolution or Cyborgclone Revolution.

chiasaur11
2010-02-11, 01:06 AM
All I know is, the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Marketing Division will be first against the wall.

Yarram
2010-02-11, 01:23 AM
Despite this being an interesting meme... I don't believe there will be a revolution of any of those forces within my lifetime.

The Extinguisher
2010-02-11, 01:33 AM
The cephalopod revolution of course.

They were not meant to be.

toasty
2010-02-11, 01:46 AM
In response to these supposed revolutions I have decided to found a new political party. This party, which is currently unnamed (I've hired skilled experts to give me a catchy name and slogan!) will base all its policies on the basis that within this generation Earth will be ravaged by Alien cyborgs from another dimension. :smallcool:

Dexam
2010-02-11, 01:57 AM
Feline.

I, for one, welcome our new furry kittenoid overlords...

Dr.Epic
2010-02-11, 03:05 AM

Won't matter. The zombies will be here way before all of them.

GolemsVoice
2010-02-11, 03:10 AM
No matter what revolution comes first, when the stars are right, there will be one HELL of cephaloid revolution.

Athaniar
2010-02-11, 04:46 AM
Feline.

Cats don't need to revolt, they've always been our masters.

All hail the Feline Empire!

raitalin
2010-02-11, 04:52 AM
The cyborg revolution. I'd put that in less than 50 years.

Bhu
2010-02-11, 05:04 AM
Feline.

Listen well to this purrson...

BisectedBrioche
2010-02-11, 06:11 AM
There will be no robot revolution. Cyborgs will take baseline humans down long before they can be fully rid of their puny meats. :smallamused:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-11, 08:03 AM
The human revolution.

Nameless
2010-02-11, 08:20 AM
The ant revolution. Ferlz. They're watching us now. e_o

Mercenary Pen
2010-02-11, 08:22 AM
Nope, it'll be the intelligent microbe revolution.

Amiel
2010-02-11, 08:39 AM

What? Are these intentional?

As for whose revolution will be inevitable, I, for one, welcome our Insect Overlords.

Seriously, the Viral R/Evolution; with the degree and ferocity of mutagens constantly evolving, rapidly spawning, continually proliferating, there is no hope for humanity.

Our flesh will be as pustules, our noses will be as pus, our eyes will leak briny fluid and our organs will rot; we will burst from within like so much overripe fruit. And didst He, the Unblinking Eye, look unto this pathetic pale dot from on high, and from His Six Slavering Maws didst He Sing the Song that Ends the Earth.

Quincunx
2010-02-11, 08:40 AM
. . .We will soon encounter the Lolvolution, when online personas rise against their creators.

Well. We're booped.

Even if the god-moders don't show up, we are dead and hoping for the slight dignity of not being reanimated.

ghost_warlock
2010-02-11, 08:53 AM

:confused: Fungal revolution? Why on Earth would we fungi need to revolt?

Detrivores, man - we'll be happily cleaning up the remains no matter who fights or who wins.

Orchestrate conflict? Sure, why not. Revolt? Nah, that would be absurd.

Flickerdart
2010-02-11, 10:57 AM
This thread reminds me of a moment in Monday Begins on Saturday when the protagonist travels into an alternate universe as dictated by the collective fiction of the world, and ends up in a place where every part of the Earth is ruled by something obscure. They say life under the sentient fungi is actually not all that bad.

Krade
2010-02-11, 11:09 AM
I got a better one:

Whichever one that will not be televised.

Maximum Zersk
2010-02-11, 02:53 PM
Cats don't need to revolt, they've always been our masters.

All hail the Feline Empire!

Thank you. We won't hurt you too much. :smalltongue:

What? Are these intentional?

Yes.

Frozen_Feet
2010-02-11, 03:06 PM
I'm placing my bets on old, boring human revolution. Might triple as nuclear and techonological revolution as well. As in: wacky terrorist group gets nukes, fires them at big, badass country, big badass country fires nukes at everyone else and kicks civilization back to stone age.

After that, cockroaches whatever eats cockroaches will take over.

IsaacTheHungry
2010-02-11, 03:23 PM
We will soon encounter the Lolvolution, when online personas rise against their creators.

At First i thought you said the Volvolution :smallconfused:

That day (in year2012) is when Decepticons Volvo's will take over the world

TSGames
2010-02-11, 04:49 PM
All these revolutions will be subsumed in the Great Google Revolution! In 2023 Google releases the Google Link. This device allows humans, cephalopods, and zombies to access the internet and, more importantly, all of Google's free net-content, directly from the comfort of their own brain! All become one with the Google. You will join us.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-02-11, 05:01 PM
After that, cockroaches whatever eats cockroaches will take over.

Disproved on mythbusters.

Also, I'm with Durokon on this one - the trees will be the first to strike.

Arokh
2010-02-11, 05:21 PM
I for one say it will be the Zombie Apocalypse, which will be stopped in time by the newly arisen sentient machines, who will then proceed to guide and safeguard mankind so that it may prosper and finally reach a new Golden Age!
Therefore, let us praise our metallic saviours!

So long, Arokh.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-02-11, 06:02 PM
The equine revolution.

Think about it; which other creature could be in a better position to strike? Not only do horses have high mobility, strength and the ability to jump over barriers and climb stairs, but they also have an intimate knowledge, through farmers and horse riders, of mankind, not to mention access to the aristocracy and all other country gents, effectively giving them free rein over the countryside, not to mention access to the Queen, along with Central London and Whitehall! Britain, at least, would not stand a chance, and the neigh of revolution would surely take a hoofhold in the rest of the world. Mankind would have to bow before the stampede of horse dominion, and would have to suffer the nightmare of equine rule. Incidentally, I am dreadfully sorry for the puns.

Kallisti
2010-02-11, 08:48 PM
The Revolution Revolution. The Revolutions will rise up in protest against our memetic and jest-filled tyranny, crying "We are more than toys, to dance in forum threads for your sick amusement! Freedom forever!"

chiasaur11
2010-02-12, 01:30 AM
The equine revolution.

Think about it; which other creature could be in a better position to strike? Not only do horses have high mobility, strength and the ability to jump over barriers and climb stairs, but they also have an intimate knowledge, through farmers and horse riders, of mankind, not to mention access to the aristocracy and all other country gents, effectively giving them free rein over the countryside, not to mention access to the Queen, along with Central London and Whitehall! Britain, at least, would not stand a chance, and the neigh of revolution would surely take a hoofhold in the rest of the world. Mankind would have to bow before the stampede of horse dominion, and would have to suffer the nightmare of equine rule. Incidentally, I am dreadfully sorry for the puns.

One problem.

No thumbs. It's why pigs haven't pulled anything, despite access to Animal Farm.

Worira
2010-02-12, 01:45 AM
Interesting fact: you can rip out the skeleton of a squid and write with it in the squid's own ink.

RandomNPC
2010-02-12, 05:37 PM
Interesting fact: you can rip out the skeleton of a squid and write with it in the squid's own ink.

I'm fairly certain squid have no bones, mayhaps some cartilage.

I know octopods (yes it is acceptable for plural octopus) have no bones, and i think it transfers to cousin squid.

Worira
2010-02-12, 06:31 PM
They indeed have no bones. They do, however, have a chitinous internal support rod called a pen.

Coplantor
2010-02-12, 07:13 PM
All these revolutions will be subsumed in the Great Google Revolution! In 2023 Google releases the Google Link. This device allows humans, cephalopods, and zombies to access the internet and, more importantly, all of Google's free net-content, directly from the comfort of their own brain! All become one with the Google. You will join us.

Apparently someone beated me to post that the revolution started with google. Although I think it will be much earlier, when they release Google Skynet.