PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Campaign Soundtrack Help

Wilhelm Scream
2010-02-10, 11:57 PM
So I'm running an Eberron campaign that's starting in Sharn and heading off to Xen'drik. Any suggestions for background music for 1) a large metropolitan city filled with all manner of fantastic races 2) a high-seas voyage and 3) a hive of scum and villiany, dark jungles, and ancient temples?

Thanks!

Icarus
2010-02-11, 12:40 AM
*Rolls up sleeves*
Like most soundtracks these days, there are some good and some bad songs on the ones I'm about to list. I don't think I have much for a city feel; but I have plenty for stuff that sounds just plain epic.
Also, I'll be straying away from old standbys like LOTR. The music is fantastic, but wanders a bit too much in my opinion for mood setting music.

I'm not really sure about flavor-centric soundtracks, but I have a list of soundtracks I'd like to use. I haven't put together a playlist, but I listen to this to get in the right mindset for campaign building. I'll even split them up in terms of what they can offer.

Ambience:
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
New Batman Soundtracks
Diablo I and II
Blood +
Ecco the Dolphin (Dreamcast)
Fable II
Halo Soundtracks
Mushishi
Noein
Piriates of the Caribbean (All of them)
Prince of Persia games
Shadow of the Colossus (Would probably be great for Dark Temples)

Fight:
New Batman Soundtracks
Blood+
Ecco the Dolphin (Choice tracks)
Halo Soundtracks
Ninja Gaiden I and II
Noein
Prince of Persia Games
Project Chaos (Its the Sonic 3 and Knuckles remade stuff. Its awesome.)

City Events:
Blood+
Diablo I and II (Prepare for lots of D2 quotes at the table if you use "Tristram" for city music)
Ninja Gaiden I and II
Fable I and II

Hope my list was at least a little helpful.

Wilhelm Scream
2010-02-11, 01:10 AM
Very helpful, actually. I hadn't thought of Prince of Persia or Shadow of the Colossus soundtracks, but those would definitely fit what I'm looking for.