PDA

View Full Version : Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Phantom.exe
2010-02-11, 12:46 AM
Hey, bro. 'sup, Bro? How's it goin, bro?

Anyway, fellow bros and non-brotastic bros, I need a few quick tips on filling in a story I have.

I am running the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game, essentially a sourcebook / campaign setting for Travller.

I require assitance in filling out the campaign.

The theme is that of the movie, not the much-better comics. It is full of one-liners, over-the-top action scenes, and a few cliches.

So, here's the basic setup and what I need help with.

1. the players - Judges - are assigned to a precinct in downtown Mega-City One. They each have their own minor subplots - tracking hackers, smuggling rings, etc.

2. ????

3. the Judges are drawn into the machinations of Armando Rojas, a powerful criminal. (How?)

4. the Judges get too close to Rojas and are framed. They are sent to prison on Titan. How?

5. the judges escape after their time on Titan, and head back to Mega-City One. They accost Armando and deliver one-liners.

Any suggestions on how to fill this out?

Grumman
2010-02-11, 01:02 AM
4. the Judges get too close to Rojas and are framed. They are sent to prison on Titan. How?
Is this even possible? I'm not that familiar with the comics, but I was under the impression that such an attempt would simply backfire, doing nothing but drawing the Judges wrath upon the attempted framer.

drengnikrafe
2010-02-11, 01:09 AM
Is this even possible? I'm not that familiar with the comics, but I was under the impression that such an attempt would simply backfire, doing nothing but drawing the Judges wrath upon the attempted framer.

I believe, IIRC, that in the movie The Judge's identical twin stole his gun (which was coded to only fire when The Judge's DNA was used in it, or something like that) and killed somebody with it, causing them to trace it back to him.

Anyway, if one of your villains is a really, really, really good hacker...

Phantom.exe
2010-02-11, 02:10 AM
Interesting. Any good ideas on how to introduce the players to the generic 80s villain?

faceroll
2010-02-11, 02:12 AM
"I AM the Law!"

Best. Line. Ever.

Makes me want to play a LN paladin.

Zaq
2010-02-11, 03:08 AM
"I AM the Law!"

Best. Line. Ever.

Makes me want to play a LN paladin.

Please.

Law Incarnate.

Phantom.exe
2010-02-12, 01:43 AM
Law incarnate? Is that even a class? It should be.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-02-12, 01:54 AM
There is a class whose name is Incarnate. They can be NG, LN, CN, or NE. An LN Incarnate can be referred to as "Law Incarnate". The class, with LN soulmelds, can be quite decent at melee. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6920.0)

Crow
2010-02-12, 02:06 AM
I believe, IIRC, that in the movie The Judge's identical twin stole his gun (which was coded to only fire when The Judge's DNA was used in it, or something like that) and killed somebody with it, causing them to trace it back to him.

Apparently, the weapon re-sets whose DNA is linked to the ammunition when it is reloaded. The guy wasn't his twin, but aquired a gun which had been fired by the framee and was then lost. He never reloaded it before using it in the murders, so the framee's DNA was still linked to the bullets.

The weapon didn't require the prints of a specific shooter. The only requirement was that the shooter be a judge. The guy doing the framing had been a judge before being imprisoned for corruption or something.

Lapak
2010-02-12, 09:22 AM
Apparently, the weapon re-sets whose DNA is linked to the ammunition when it is reloaded. The guy wasn't his twin, but aquired a gun which had been fired by the framee and was then lost. He never reloaded it before using it in the murders, so the framee's DNA was still linked to the bullets.

The weapon didn't require the prints of a specific shooter. The only requirement was that the shooter be a judge. The guy doing the framing had been a judge before being imprisoned for corruption or something.No, in the movie it was indeed a clone of Judge Dredd with identical DNA; each bullet fired carried a DNA trace of the shooter and they used this to incriminate him.

WHY his identical-DNA-twin clone brother looked nothing like Dredd - different build, different face, different bone and muscle structure, different eyes, different hair - was never explained, because the movie was really, really dumb.

The Rose Dragon
2010-02-12, 09:43 AM
No, in the movie it was indeed a clone of Judge Dredd with identical DNA...

I think it wasn't a clone, so much as it was a brother of scientific roots. They wanted to create the perfect Judge, and Dredd and that guy Assante played were the results.