PDA

View Full Version : Any divine or divine like casters that don't run out of spells/spell like abilities ?

Grifthin
2010-02-11, 03:43 AM
Besides the warlock - what other casters are there that can keep casting spells without running out of juice ? I was thinking of trying a class similar to the warlock, but one able to cast devine abilities .

Any ideas ?

sonofzeal
2010-02-11, 04:18 AM
You may want to look into the Binder (ToM), or Incarnate/Totemist (MoI), for at-will magical power.

Pluto
2010-02-11, 04:25 AM
Incarnum's fluff is similar to Divine (Magic of Incarnum).
The book's jargon can be confusing, and the contents are in dire need of organization, but it's probably your best bet.

The Warlock, Binder (ToM), Dragon Shaman (PHB2) and Dragonfire Adept (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=2) (Dragon Magic) can be refluffed to meet your needs.

The Reserve feats in Complete Mage and Complete Champion can give at-will magic to your Cleric or other divine casters.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-11, 06:46 AM
Besides the warlock - what other casters are there that can keep casting spells without running out of juice ? I was thinking of trying a class similar to the warlock, but one able to cast devine abilities .

Any ideas ?

Warlock can gain healing through a PRC.

Optimystik
2010-02-11, 07:06 AM
You can always be a psionic healer (Sangehirn (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625c)) with PP recovery tricks to never run out of juice.

An Egoist or Ardent should work well with it.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-11, 07:12 AM
Warlock can gain healing through a PRC.

Specifically, eldritch disciple with healing blast. Forces you to be CG or CN IIRC.

BobVosh
2010-02-11, 07:13 AM
*Warning: This post may contain severly underoptimized options.*

Truenamer doesn't run out of juice, however it has DCs that go too high to achieve after a few times using it per target.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-11, 07:13 AM
Healing Touch reserve feat works with any healing class.

Narazil
2010-02-11, 07:15 AM
Binder - bind the vestige of a dead / forgotten God. Very fluff-y. :smallbiggrin:

magic9mushroom
2010-02-11, 07:18 AM
*Warning: This post may contain severly underoptimized options.*

Truenamer doesn't run out of juice, however it has DCs that go too high to achieve after a few times using it per target.

With enough cheese you can make the DCs reachable. But you've still got the Gods-damned Law of Sequence ruining the class.

hamishspence
2010-02-11, 07:19 AM
Crusader may fall into "divine-like".

BobVosh
2010-02-11, 07:22 AM
With enough cheese you can make the DCs reachable. But you've still got the Gods-damned Law of Sequence ruining the class.

I did say after a few times per target. With custom items you can expect it to work everytime a few times. Then you need to roll well. Than you can't.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-11, 07:32 AM
I did say after a few times per target. With custom items you can expect it to work everytime a few times. Then you need to roll well. Than you can't.

With maxed ranks, an item familiar, a custom item, membership in the Paragnostic Assembly, maxed Int and Skill Focus, you can get a Truespeak modifier of +101 at level 20. That gives you a LOT of truenaming before you run into difficulty, since the DC for a CR 24 creature starts at 63. You can probably get better than that, too (spell bonuses and so on).

BobVosh
2010-02-11, 07:39 AM
I always forget about item familiar. Cheaper than I normally go.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-11, 07:48 AM
I always forget about item familiar. Cheaper than I normally go.

Eh, you could drop the item familiar and still have automatic success for a while (though you'd have to roll after a few quickened utterances).

EDIT: There were a couple of other things I forgot. Greater Amulet of the Silver Tongue gives +10 enhancement, and if you went Illumian you could get +3 from sigils.

You really need the custom competence bonus item though.