PDA

View Full Version : Weight of a Quiver

Splendor
2010-02-11, 08:30 AM
Hello,

So I was looking for the weight of a quiver tonight and noticed that under arrows in the PHB it says "arrows come in a leather quiver that holds 20."

So how much does just the leather quiver weigh? I looked in the Arms & Equipment and CrystalKeep's equipment list and neither have it.

A map/scroll case weighs 1/2lb does that seem about right for a quiver?

Additional question now that I think about it. Could I use a quiver for a scroll case? After firing my 20 arrows it would be empty could I then just fill it with maps and stuff and save 1 gp? I know a quiver doesn't have a lid, but a small piece of cloth could cover it and be tied with twine.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-11, 08:48 AM
I always assumed quivers, scabbards, and such were already considered in the price an weight of the associated weapon.

bosssmiley
2010-02-11, 08:54 AM
~3-4 lbs. for the quiver and belt. Enough that you can feel it when you lift it, but hardly notice the weight while wearing it.

edit: How heavy are 20 arrows? Some arrows are 50g each (~2lbs for 20), some are 100g each (~4lbs for 20). Deduct that from the weight of the quiver. Your game. You make the call.

Splendor
2010-02-11, 09:03 AM
~3-4 lbs. for the quiver and belt.
The standard 20 arrows in the PHB comes with a quiver and only weigh 3lbs.

A map/scroll case weight 1/2 lb.

I always assumed quivers, scabbards, and such were already considered in the price an weight of the associated weapon.

Correct they do. But what is the weight of a empty quiver?

Cicciograna
2010-02-11, 10:10 AM
Assuming that an Efficient quiver (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#efficientQuiver) is undistinguishable from a normal quiver, I'd assume that an empty quiver weights 2 lbs.

Splendor
2010-02-11, 08:53 PM
Assuming that an Efficient quiver is undistinguishable from a normal quiver, I'd assume that an empty quiver weights 2 lbs.

Thank you. That means that 20 arrows actually only weigh one pound. So now at lower levels I can carry more by chucking the quiver and just tying them together with twine.