PDA

View Full Version : CtL: the Perfect ending to a durance

oxinabox
2010-02-11, 08:51 AM
Ok, I'm about to start my last CtL session that i'm storytelling.
(Starting in ~18hours time)
Its the end of the story.
and i doubt there will be a sequel (players moving away)
(although I will defiantly be running more games with other groups (i already have a one off lined up for next Friday, and then will be back to my old circuit of 3 games per week (I get to play in 2 of them!))

Ok, so my players have at the start of most sessions had a dream (in this case it will be a waking dream/hallucination - there clarities are low enough for that sore to thing).
in that dreams they will remember part of their durance.
Since it is the last chapter, I figured it's best to break off back where we started)
So the final dream of the durance will be the end of their durance's.

I only have 2 pc's (in this party I have another two in another party but i haven't seen them and they know that they don't have time for many sessions)
Now one of the PC's already knows how his durance will end. we came up with the outline of his durance when he came to me with his character concept. he don't know exactly how it would go - he never new he was going to kill his grandson.
His durance ends with his death. his whole durance has been spend guarding one of the boarders of arcadia (various trods that goes all the way through) .
Challenging mortals (or otherwise) to duels. (mortals tend to wander onto these by accident). he started this durance when he killed the last sentinel.

He may have a bit where he is brought back by a dragon (one of the rare rare benevolent gentry), but he'll only get that part if he has already sworn to kill that dragon.
Man I need to make that happen, it be perfectly dark.
His character is very honour able, and soon he'll have a wyrd bound oath to kill one who saved his life.
I love it!

Now that durance is quiet a perfect end.

But the other PC, I'm having little trouble with his.
His character, loves his gun, I mean loves it.
He's a churgeon (the medical kith), and during his dreams of his durance, he keeps reaching for his gun, only to draw out a needle thread and a bottle of antiseptic liquid.
Now in this dream I'm sure he'll reach for his gun again.
But this time he'll get his gun.
He'll try and shoot his keeper, and probably other one of the Kept.
He'll shoot and it'll hit, but there will be no wounds - it's not his keepers will.
Eventually he'll get tired (or his keeper will take his bullets away)
Keeper (an boney old man always leaning over his walking stick): "Now are you ready to listen to me?
We've had so much fun you and I, but it's Ok, we'll get to be again soon together soon.
Now I need you to go and do something for me;
I think you'll like it.
I need you to go kill some people."
Keeper takes out an number of photographs, old and grainy
"I've looked far into the future, in 133 years time these people .... or there decedents will be a threat to me.
I don't know all of the how, but i know enough, i can see a picture forming"
He hold up a photo of a receptionist, at Thrifty Trucks,
"His Great Grandson will be the most charismatic leader the Summer Court, you'll meet them, will ever see. He will unite the freeholds all across the world, to form the largest army the world has ever seen - to march on Arcadia"
he holds up another photo, of a man with grey suit and grey hair: "This one will remarry a much younger woman next year, and their great great grandson will be the greatest Mage the Realms have ever seen, he will create a spell that will forever and always seal Arcadia from your home, forever and always"
He shows the PC the others, they each bear the face of a man he has killed during the corse of the chronicle.
He can see each of them, except three, which are yet blurred and shadowed.
"Each of them, has his own story, and though the pictures aren't yet clear, and fate isn't yet certain i feel it's best if they are eliminated.
When I let you go, it will be a nexus, they will be near each other in space and in time. some will be flown in from across the world - just so you can kill them.
Go"

The goal here is for him to realise that he has been doing his keeper's will all along.
Any suggestions on how to improve these?