PDA

View Full Version : (Modern Freeform) What's Your Poison?

Goglas
2010-02-11, 06:03 PM
Inside the top floor of an old and tall apartment building in central London, Alex sat in front of the top-right window, overlooking Hill's Bank. He watched as the city's citizens walked up and down the wide stairs leading to the bank's large front doors, and at the small protest group gathering at the bottom. On their signs was the slogan 'Bring an end to the Gnome monopoly of the banking system!'.

Good, they were right on time. The sun began to disappear on the horizon. He better prepare.

Over on the other side of the street, behind the front doors of Hill's Bank, the huge crowd of annoyed and restless clients stood, as ever, in long winding lines, waiting for their turn with but a half-dozen clerks.

Beyond the entry hall, long hallways stretched to either side, leading to dozens of small rooms filled with mindless administrators and accountants, and at the end of each hall, a large guard room.

Behind were three doors, leading to workers only rooms, where the first level's top manager had his office, and stairs leading up and down were located.
Hill's Bank had at least 35 stories. And it's supposed to be one of the smaller ones.

Alex spat on the floor. All that was really important was the second floor down, where all the big safes were at.
"Are you ready, Alex?" Said One.
The thief cocked his sniper rifle. He would have his vengeance on Hill's Bank. He put two fingers on the micro comm-link in his ear. "I'm ready."

---------
OOC: So that's the general description of the bank. I'm going to let you decide how to start the game. You can go the sneaky way, storm in guns' blazing, hide in the ventilating system, as you wish.

Feel free to introduce your characters with a few of your group's NPC's (you have 13 + Alex + the leader, One), and, of course, next to each other.

Greystone, if you wish, you can start by having Keira Willows work in Hill's Bank, somewhere on the first level, as an undercover.

Greystone
2010-02-11, 06:48 PM
Bank lobby, First Floor

Keira smiled and ran into the hallway, carrying a large stack of papers. Her official position was Office Intern. That, of course, translates into being everyones bit*h. She fostered the belief that she was always busy running place to place.

She often had to stop at the security office, and the electronics room as well as other places delievering memo's and such. That on top of the ditzy personality she had taken on and her use of her coworker's libido had eliminated any thoughts in their mind.

Nobody would wonder if she happened to show up somewhere she shouldn't be.

She cracked her neck and her grin broadened, this was Lisa the Intern's last day. She just needed the signal.

RJ45
2010-02-11, 06:57 PM
Bank lobby, first floor

"Hmmm hmm hmmmm..." The tiny figure gracefully weaves through the crowd, dancing her way inside. She hums a tune, looking all around her. Her brilliant, beautiful blue eyes shine with that divine magic of hers. Fortunately, she's small enough to hide between the towering people. A gigantic building. There were hundreds, nay, millions of people gathered here today - those yelling outside with their banners of protest were but her fellow crusaders, on the path to saving the pounds ensnared by the evil corporations. All around her there was evil to be found - evil that needed to be purged from the world.

"I wonder why everyone is here. Something interesting must be happening!" She speaks her thoughts aloud as she continues to walk inside the building, bumping into the rows and rows of people simply here to harvest the pounds. "How can anyone stand this still for so long, wasting so much time, being so bored, just to get to the front of this line?" For the moment, she's a bit... possessed. There has to be a reason that they wait in these lines and slowly creep forward to these booths. Maybe they are handing out trinkets? Or food? "Damnit, hurry up!" she hears over the crowd. Dear - she's too late, the people have been gripped by evil, you can even hear the curses coming from them.

There's this strange device that One fit in her ear - it's some sort of sorcery that allows people to talk through dimensions, sort of like the internet. She's supposed to listen to it and do what it tells her, for the sake of their righteous goal.

She reaches into her pocket and pulls out the pocketwatch, flipping it open. "Just as planned." she says to herself, folding it up and putting it back where it belongs. No more than three seconds later, she flips it open again - because she forgot what time it was.

Viera Champion
2010-02-11, 07:21 PM
Taylor nervously pushes through the line, collecting angry shouts from people. Why did he agree to this? She is way to nervous to be doing this. She probably won't even make it to the building by the time it all starts. She fingers the rope strung through the belt loops of her jeans, and adjusts the device in her ear. One gave her that device. She wonder s where she is now. She keeps moving to the front of the line, nervous as ever, tryning not to be noticed.

dresdor
2010-02-11, 08:30 PM
Brad finally made it to the front of the line. Dressed in a black business suit, and carrying a heavy black briefcase he very much looked the part of a businessman. Now he just needed to get past the clerks and into one of the back rooms to start the next phase of his part of the plan.

He stepped up to the clerk and began his performance. Bank clerks hate annoying clients, and they love nothing more than passing these clients to their superiors for them to deal with. It is a passive aggressive act of revenge that is as inbred into bank clerks as counting money. Now all Brad had to do was exploit this fact.

"'Bout time, son." He says with a thick southern drawl. "If'n I didn't know no better, I'd say y'all didn't want any of my business." He set his briefcase up on the teller's counter, scattering pens and envelopes onto the floor. "Now, I'm here trying to open a rather large account, seeing as my company, TexTech International, you must have heard of us, is looking to expand a retail office into this here city. Now why don't you get on your phone and get me someone who can take care of that on your end, I'd appreciate it kindly."

If everything went as planned, he'd be handed off to someone, sat down in a nice office and talked through some paperwork. Glancing to the side he spooted two or three other operatives, which meant most of the other parts of the plan were falling into place. He only had to play along as the foreign businessman for a little longer, then he could join in on the fun.

Viera Champion
2010-02-11, 09:54 PM
As Taylor reaches the front of the line, she realizes she doesn't actually remember what her part of the plan was. She nervously puts a hand on the device on her ear. She hopes One doesn't get angry at her.
"Um... One, don't get mad at me, but what is it I'm supposed to do again?"

Grim ranger
2010-02-12, 05:32 AM
Ventilation shafts

Jack was crawling slowly in large ventilation shaft of the bank, careful not to make noise. This kind of stuff was not too hard for him, as he had done far more difficult stunts in Special Forces, but it still wasn't too easy either. He peeked carefully through piece of grating right next to himself and saw the room he was looking for at long last: security center of the bank, with two guards sitting in front of monitors showing camera images all over the bank. Crawling a little back to the vent to keep himself hidden, he whispered quietly to his comm-link.

"One, I think I just hit paydirt. I am right above the security center, ready to shut down the systems. Just give the word and I knock these jokers out cold."

He nonchlantly checked the clip of his SOCOM pistol and waited for orders.

Goglas
2010-02-12, 07:52 AM
One cracked a smile and nodded to the five 'bodyguards' around him. Everyone should've had by now enough time to reach their destinations, although some seemed to forget what it was they were supposed to be doing. No matter.
Sharshar and Taylor's job did not require much thought.

The band's leader, together with five of his men, was on the fifth floor's central hall, being given the guided tour by the Entry Level Manager and his aides, the gnomes in charge of the first top and lower five floors.
It was time. With a click of his fingers his men charged the little administrators, quicker than the nearby guards could react.
"Go!" he shouted through the comm-link.

Jack knew what he had to do. The security center he crept his way to was on the same level as One. He is to disable the automated defenses of these floors, fast, or else all is lost. Then, find One and join with the others.

Down on the first floor's lobby, Taylor reached the front of the lines. The nearby clerk looked at her, puzzled at way she was talking to herself. "Miss?"
Taylor's concentration, though, was on One's voice. "Move!" he said to her. "Take control of the lobby! Sharshar, you help her. Don't let the guards take her down. Don't blow anything up either just yet, okay?"

From among the crowd, five people took out their weapons and started shouting, moving about. "Everybody down!"
From inside the hallways surrounding the lobby, the thieves could already hear the sounds of a few dozen boots on the ground. In a few seconds, the guards would storm into the lobby.

Further from the main entrance, behind the clerks, Lisa the Intern reached Mr. Hill-35's office, and knocked. Mr. 35 was the top manager of the first level.
"Yes?" came the boss' voice from inside.
"I have those papers you requested, Mr. 35, sir."
"Not right now," he said. "I'm in an important meeting."
"But sir-"
"I said later!"

This wasn't good. She had to get in there to help Brad 'persuade' Mr. 35 and his Ogre bodyguard to lend them their left eyes. It was the only way past the security door leading to the safes.

Inside, the boss, encased in his bullet-proof glass cage - the Ogre shackled by long iron chains from the neck to the back wall - returned his gaze to the businessman sitting in front of him.
"So, TexTech International, you say? I have heard of them. Now, as you can see, I have my security as one of my top concerns at the moment, so I was not able to meet you in the lobby. If you could just show me your identifications?"

Viera Champion
2010-02-12, 08:12 AM
Taylor nods at the commands she gets. She feels the strain, am she breaks down the barrier in her mind. Her entire eye turns black as the power spreads through her body. All of her normal shyness and nervousness vanish. She pushes the clerk out of the way and rushed inside, as her telekenetic shield goes up. Since everyone else was saying it, she decides to yell,
"Everybody down! Now!"

Her voice also sounds different infested with her power. She pulls out the small handgun hidden somewhere on her. Not that it could do anything from inside the shield, but it still worked as an intimidation factor. She doesn't do anything else quite yet, except point the gun at people, because One only ordered her to take the lobby. And he usually knew what he was doing so that I all she did.

Grim ranger
2010-02-12, 08:35 AM
"Go!"

Jack kicked in the grating and dropped into the room, the two guards there barely having time to turn and see what had happened before he was already next to them. One of them got a quick whack right to the forehead, his eyes rolling back as he slumped on his chair. The other one drew a pistol and tried to point it at the intruder, but Jack merely grabbed his wrist and moved them both like dancer, slamming the man face-first to nearest wall with quick spin. The SOCOM clicked as the ex-marine pressed the silenced barrel to the neck of the guard.

"You know what this is. Get down. And drop your gun if you know what's good for you."

The guard let his pistol go and Jack grabbed his hair, smashing his head once against the wall and knocking him out cold. Walking hurriedly next to the control panel, he started to turn off and disable every defence system he could find.

dresdor
2010-02-12, 09:19 AM
"Why of course," Brad said, setting an identification card, several documents, and a small computer chip on the desk. "My identification, authorization from Mr. Lingland himself for me to conduct business on his behalf, and eeeeelectronic copies of it all to speed things along."

Brad was already calculating his next move. Things were already going wrong, but not wrong enough. These problems were still within reason of the slight chaos that occurs at a bank. Which is why he had the fake documents worked up, and under the cover of a maintenance worker, had had another operative install a small relay on the data line that lead out of this office. When his identity was checked, it would return the valid information. In either case, the TexTech corporate website wouldn't be responding, as it was under a carefully coordinated denial of service attack at the moment.

Now the bullet-proof glass was another problem. That said, bullet-proof isn't invincible. The right frequency of sound waves would shatter the glass. The problem was that Brad didn't have a resonator. At the moment, Brad would just have to play along. If the rest of the team set off any alarms he could at least pretend to be a customer in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Greystone
2010-02-12, 09:52 AM
Mr 35's office

Keira almost exploded on the stupid man, but at the last instant she curbed the instinct. She laced her voice with power and spoke through the door "But sir, it is just so important. If you don't let me in, I'll get in trouble... these papers come straight from the top" she managed make her voice sound teary.

RJ45
2010-02-12, 10:33 AM
"Umm..."

Take control of the lobby, but don't blow anything up.

That's quite the puzzle he's given her. She looks around. Well, those are good ideas gone wasted. So, she wanders off towards one of those hallways. A door! She remembers something about being told about these - thousands of warriors of the enemy tribes are supposed to pour out of these. "Don't blow anything up." she repeats to herself, trying to figure out the puzzle. "Well, there's only one way to close this off."

One head-tilt later, three long sections of black duct-tape can be found across the door, appearing without physical contact. She simply willed a solution to the problem. "There. A friend of mine said you can solve any problem with duct tape." She nods her head, proud of her work. In any normal circumstance, now would be the time to call her an idiot. The difference? That duct tape is strong enough to keep that door pieced together even after this building collapses. Strong enough to keep gripping those walls even after they become rubble.

"And nothing exploded. I'm a genius." She walks to the other hallway. Another door? Well, this is just not her day. She scratches her head, staring at it. "Wait, I think I can solve this." She points her arms at the door. Her surroundings grow cold - the battering of ice against the door sounds more frightening than any machine gun. The spears of ice shoot out from her, stabbing into the door, through the door, missing the door, into the floor, and, well, occasionally one or two nail the door to the wall it's hinged on. It's closed, at least for a while.

A broken piece of ice tumbles away from the ice storm she just summoned. She picks it up and puts it in her mouth. Drinking it. Yummy - well, it's not really yummy, it's just one of those things you do when there's ice around you. She returns to the main lobby, standing in the center of the room. Wait. Everyone is kneeling. On the ground.

"No, it's okay, I'm not a princess. Really."

Taylor changed. Sharshar had not.

Goglas
2010-02-13, 07:23 AM
Jack was fast, faster than the automated defenses or even the alarm. Hill's Bank was still unaware to their presence, at least for now. Or rather, Hill's Bank except the first floor.
Making sure that remained the case was now up to Brad and Keira, and that little red button next to Mr.35's little desk - the one inside the glass cage with the boss.

The door to the security room was kicked open, and Jack already had his gun pointed towards the door. It was One and his fellow thieves.
"We finished quicker than I thought, so I decided to see if you needed some help," said One as he entered the room. One of the 'bodyguards' lifted a knife, a small left eye stuck on the tip.
"Apparently you didn't."

The leader walked over to the control panel, and with a quick check, he frowned. "I don't see the controls for the teleporters or the elevators here. I think we have to take the stairs."

Down on the first level, Sharshar's door fortifications held.
Fortunately, the guard rooms did not have a way to set off the alarm. There was a reason for this - the guards were too stupid to know when, or even how, to use alarm buttons. But, as always in the world of monsters, the stupider you were, the stronger you got.

The duct tape held strong. Everybody in the lobby could hear the guards on the other side trying to bash it down, unsuccessfully.
The door to the other hallway did not open either - It shattered, along with the ice spears, as a large ball of fire went straight through the door and exploded on a few people.
A second later the thieves could see what caused it; The dreaded Redspawn Firebelchers. (Picture! (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm4_gallery/98723.jpg))

Three of those dragonlike creatures charged out, trampling people underneath and bit into three of Taylor and Sharshar's comrades.
They screamed in horror as the beasts threw them to the ground and started gorging on their soft flesh. The two remaining thieves opened fire, but the Firebelchers hardly noticed.

The people around, more afraid of the monsters than the thieves, quickly panicked. Chaos followed, as people tried to push each other out of the way in their desperate attempt to get out.
Taylor and Sharshar lost sight of each other.

Back in Mr.35's office, Brad and Keira could hear something was going wrong in the lobby. The Ogre, too, was becoming restless. The little gnome boss, however, was almost completely unaware of his surroundings, his eyes fixed on the office door.
"Well, why didn't you say so, my dear," he said. "Come in, come in."

At the same time, almost by habit, Mr. Hill-35 pushed his little desk against the glass, as if connecting it to the desk outside the cage. The front of the cage, in response, created a window-like opening just above the desks.
Brad could see that normally, the gnome would reach out to take the papers now, but it seemed he did not intend to do so any time soon. He just kept looking at the door, waiting for the person on the other side to come in.

RJ45
2010-02-13, 08:39 AM
She's knocked around and over by the crowds. She's not like them. She even gets hit against the ground pretty hard as someone sprints out of the building as fast as they can. She's not too frightened - she's seen these before. They're pets! If you train them right... wait, she has to defeat them, now is not the time for making friends. She squeaks as she's kicked in the side by someone scampering away - but she gets up, in mild pain. She looks around for something to help her fight. There! She picks up a small enclosed mug. Tea. A little had spilled, but she's standing, holding the cup.

She whispers some words. A ritual. The top of the cup bursts open, a monster rising from within. A tea elemental. She holds the cup as the aquatic, delicious being rises up, sporting long, powerful arms. She's definitely summoned more tea than what could be contained in the cup. "Go, and smite them with your flavor!" she cheers, as powerful beams of tea go shooting towards the mouthes of the Firebelchers from the strange elementals arms. Tea shoots at them with the force of a fire hose.

Grim ranger
2010-02-13, 02:26 PM
Jack lowered his gun and nodded.

"Good to see you, One. I think we are good to go here... the rest depends pretty much on our guys on first floor. But now let's just get going, yes? I would rather dislike it if I got killed before I had chance to enjoy the price we are after here."

He walked over to control panel and took a little box from his belt pouch, placing it to control panel and pressing correct combination of buttons. The small EMP charge was primed and set to take out the security for quite a while in unlikely event someone did try to re-activate them or call for help. Moving to the door, he momentarily pulled the slide of his gun back to check on the bullet already in the chamber and motioned at the others.

"Let's go, people. Time is money as they say."

dresdor
2010-02-13, 02:37 PM
The window in the bullet-proof glass gave Brad a window of opportunity. It would take a crack marksman to use that opportunity, luckily the implants in his brain had already figured out just how. His briefcase was still open, and the concealed pistol was there, waiting. He would have to kill his target before the vile little creature could hit the security button. Then he'd have to take care of the monstrosity that would surely try to rip him to shreds a second later.

With practiced precision, Brad unholstered the pistol from its concealed hiding place. With superhuman speed he fired two shots without the need to aim. He didn't bother watching the rounds, but saw them go through the small opening, the then emptied the rest of the clip into the ogre, doing as much damage to the massive creature as possible.

Viera Champion
2010-02-14, 09:44 AM
The crowd of fleeing people parts around her shield.
"I said get down!"

That's about the time she notices the giant beasts.
"Oh crap."

She realizes how tough their skin as her comrades die because of their failed attempts at shooting the thing down. She doesn't know what to do. She can't control anything big enough to kill one of those. Unless... What if she finds something sharp enough. She looks around to find something, anything with a pointed or sharpened edge.

Goglas
2010-02-14, 06:45 PM
OOC: Gonna wait for Greystone, but if he doesn't reply until tomorrow evening, I'll post his actions for him.

Greystone
2010-02-14, 08:18 PM
Keira had walked in smiling... but didn't even get to speak before Brad opened fire. She smirked inwardly before she let out a gasp and reached out to Mr. 35.

"Help Me..." she grabbed her side like a stray bullet had goten her, and she collapsed to the floor.

Goglas
2010-02-15, 08:33 PM
Sharshar's elemental turned three of its arms into powerful jets of tea, slamming them against the beasts' foreheads as they continued to eat the girl's comrades' corpses.

The Firebelchers roared and backed away, moving their heads from side to side in an attempt to get the streams away from their faces. Trying to moan at the pain, they opened their mouths wide. The tea poured into them, and heated up.
Seconds later, two of them belched large balls of fire-tea against the elemental's streams, canceling them out.
The third backed up so much he hit a wall and, drowning from the amount of tea it had taken in, collapsed.

One of the beasts fixed its eyes on Sharshar and her elemental and charged the two. The Redspawn moved so fast the child barely had time to move. Just before its horns connected, though, a dozen blue pens flew straight into its eyes. It roared in rage, blinded, and started to move about uncontrollably.

Taylor smiled. Unfortunately, although she may have saved Sharshar, she forgot about the other Belcher, who had already released a fire-tea ball in her direction.

By then, the two thieves that remained alive with the girls were nowhere to be seen.

Jack, One, and their comrades were on the stairs leading from the 3rd to the 2nd floor.
The EMP Jack placed in the control room exploded not more than a minute ago, so the band of thieves believed they would have all the time they want to search the safes.
And they would've, if it weren't for those orcs at the bottom of the stairs, so suspiciously close to a teleporter.

They were no normal orcs, too; normal ones didn't have flowers growing from their skulls, and no vines on their arms and legs.
These, or rather, that, was the Yellow Musk Creeper Zombie Orcs! (Picture! (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ff_gallery/50152.jpg))

"Oh hells!" said One. "What are Sharshar and Taylor doing? I told them to keep the guards busy! Come on, men, we can't let it get to the upper floors, or we're doomed. Kill it!"

Mean time, in Mr.35's office, Keira's show was for naught; Mr. Hill-35 was dead, the bullets barely missing his precious left eye. The ogre, on the other hand, hardly seemed to care for Keira's fake plight.
It was more preoccupied with screaming and shouting, filled with rage and pain as Brad's bullets hit it in its large belly.

The ogre lifted its fists in the air and tried to squash Brad.

---
OOC:
I feel that I should warn you; everything you do has consequences.

So if Sharshar didn't stop the Creeper from getting into the lobby, you wouldn't be in danger now of alarming the entire bank to your presence.

Same with Brad. If it wasn't for his implants, that left eye would've been spoiled, and then what? No key to the bottom floors!

Greystone
2010-02-15, 10:43 PM
Keira blanched as she realized that Mr. Hill was dead. She had hoped to simply lead him away. He had been a pervert, but never mean spirited.

The old bastard deserved it anyway.

She shook her head and then gave a mental shrug- it was unfortunate but she had more pressing matters. She moved up behind the ogre and while it was focused on Brad, she tried to trip it.

Regardless of what happens next, she then dives and attempts to achieve the prize they had come into the office for.

RJ45
2010-02-15, 11:28 PM
The thing charges at her. The last thing she remembers is a flurry of pens flying into the face of the beast. She was safe. Sharshar has seen and lived around these things before, yet in this building, she could neither run nor fly. But that's not important. She squeaks in fear, looking over to her friend.

They hadn't known eachother for a long time. They hadn't done anything that would form a close bond, yet this hurt her deep inside. What would she do if this person had died trying to save her, only for her to fail because she was not brilliant enough to defeat these beasts?

No. She can't do anything about that right now. If she doesn't stop them, they'll do much more than hurt the both of them. Incapable of sustaining the tea elemental for long, she drops the cup. She doesn't have the ability to focus so perfectly to cast another spell while using the elemental. Sparks begin to spin around her - conjuring her spell. With the beasts filled with tea, lightning would burn through them, regardless of how thick their hides were.

Those sparks become much more in mere moments. She waves her hands at the beasts, arcs of lightning bursting from her and crashing against the Firebelchers. Over and over again, as more sparks are summoned.

dresdor
2010-02-16, 08:27 PM
His shots seemed to just make the Ogre mad. In his mind, dozens of options danced before his eyes, but Brad quickly choose the one that provided for his survival. He dove out of the way of the rampaging Ogre, grabbing his backup magazine from the briefcase. As he rolled, he clicked the empty clip out and slammed a new one home. He rolled onto his knee and fired at the shoulder joints and heart of the creature, looking for weak spots.

"Get clear, I'll get the eyes."

It was inevitable that he would get hit, and hurt. Relays and subroutines imprinted into his subcortex sped adrenaline around his bloodstream. His muscles braced for the impact.

Viera Champion
2010-02-16, 10:52 PM
Taylor's rejoice is quickly squashed at the realization that now she will be the one dying. That's about when she runs out of shield time. The shield falls and her eyes return to their normal hazel iris within white eyes. She shuts those very same eyes, preparing for impact.

Grim ranger
2010-02-17, 03:57 AM
Jack dropped to one knee, holding his pistol in two-handed grip with his combat knife pressed against the handle, blade pointing down. It was ideal stance for close quaters combat, and that was apparently what they were about to be engaged in.

"Shoot to the head! It will slow them if nothing else, I bet."

With that, Jack unleashed quick barrage of pistol shots, keeping his aim steady and switching target after each successful takedown.

Goglas
2010-02-17, 06:17 PM
Update up tomorrow (I'll edit it into this post).

Goglas
2010-02-18, 06:11 PM
OOC: Since we got all the way down to the 4th page, I think it's better if I make this into a new post...

----------------------

The ogre lifted up its fists from the wreckage of the chair, raging and cursing in its own unknown and bestial tongue. Brad's bullets hit it hard in the shoulders and chest, and have clearly hit its heart. The ogre silenced, but was not done yet. With a cruel twist to its lips, it clenched its fist one last time.

Brad braced for the impact. It never came. Keira, perhaps faster than Brad could see in his state, certainly faster than the ogre could, stepped behind the monster and kicked it in the back of the knee.
The hit was stronger than most humans could deliver, and the beast lost its balance, falling hard on its knees.

Both saw the chance was now, but the woman's knife was faster than Brad's bullets. The cold blade slid from the side, almost gracefully, into the ogre's skull.
A second later the knife was out, and the beast fell to the floor, lifeless.

Now they just needed to take the left eyes, and reunite with the rest.

One and a half stores above them, their comrades were in a less promising situation.
Half a dozen of Jack's bullets were already lodged in one of the orcs' heads, but it seemed to have little effect.
As the rest of the thieves joined his attack, the sounds of screams from above could be easily heard.
"I heard shots!"
"They have weapons!"

The field of battle was quickly becoming bigger.
"Don't mind them," said One. The Creeper's orcs continued to make their slow advance up the stairs, the plant's vines stretching from below all the way to its minions' brains and limbs.
"We only left alone inner floors. Their alarms won't reach beyond the 5th."
He fired a few shots. "But if we don't move out quickly, we'll have to contend with their guards as well."

Two of the orcs (There are 3 of them) reached the first thief, who kept on shooting them to no avail. The orcs grabbed him and threw him down the stairs. Jack could see how fast the Creeper suddenly moved, covering his comrade's body with vines and muffling his screams.

Down in the lobby, the vast majority of the once huge crowd were now laying dead on the floor or were long gone from the area. The large entrance doors were wide open to the outside.

Taylor was on the floor, coughing blood. Her hair was singed, some of her skin, burned, and one of her fingers on her left hand was gone.
She was lucky the fireball was mixed with tea, or else the damage would've been much more severe.

The Firebelcher was not done, and was already preparing for another blast. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Taylor was still conscious.
Before it managed to stir up enough fire in its belly, however, dozens of small arcs of electricity coursed through it.

Sharshar was returning a favor. More and more of these arcs were summoned around her, all focused on the two remaining beasts.

It didn't take more than a few seconds, and both the belcher and the blinded Redspawn joined the ones they killed, motionless on the bloody floor.

dresdor
2010-02-18, 08:34 PM
"Good work," Brad said. His body was ready for more combat and damage that would not come immediately. Closing his eyes for a second, he redirected the adrenaline and slowed his healing processes back to a normal level. He checked his sidearm and grimaced. He had only a single round left, and his infiltration left him without his combat knife. He grabbed the briefcase and latched it, it would at least work as a club of sorts.

Brad reached into the gory remains inside the glass box, and pulled the head of the very dead executive towards the hole. "Mind if I borrow that knife?"

RJ45
2010-02-18, 10:28 PM
She waves her arms at the dead creatures, making sure they were dead as lightning bursts upon the bodies of the fiends and skitters across the floor. Sharshar is a little frightened. Blood everywhere. The shocking reality of the situation had just hit her. There were dangerous beings, just like herself, controlled to enslave the pounds at the bottom of this building. After bashing the beasts into the floor with the remaining electrical forces around her, she turns her attention to Taylor. Her other companions were most certainly dead, but Taylor saved her. With pens. That's a bond written in blood. Or, rather, ink.

Sharshar has to climb over the bodies to get to Taylor. The miniature magician has finally run out of spells she can think of. "Get up!" she demands, looking down at Taylor with her glowing, blue eyes. Unhappy. She doesn't like looking at this. "Get up!" she demands, again, being absolutely useless in this situation. No matter what kind of amazing sorcery she might be capable of conjuring, life was sacred. It takes a true miracle to create life. "Get up!" That demanding voice transforms into more of a plea. Small hands find their way on her arm, trying to pull her up. With the recent development, Sharshar has temporarily stopped paying attention to their goal.

Viera Champion
2010-02-19, 06:57 AM
Taylor groans as she is pulled up. She is covered in charred blood. Her left index finger is missing. She can barely manage to speak between her sobs.
"I-is the necklace still there?"
Amazingly enough, the heart within a heart necklace is still on her neck and fully intact. The last remnant of her old life.

Taylor is barely conscious at the moment. She let's out a couple chliched words.
"Sharshar... I'm not impor...important... go on with the mission."

RJ45
2010-02-19, 12:50 PM
"No!" She refuses, digging around. Looking for something. The missing finger. How would Taylor ever open candy without an index finger? It's not possible to use your other fingers. It just isn't. Soon enough, she comes back with a three fingers and a thumb. She looks at them, then the hand. "No... no... that one might work, okay, we'll try this one!" The fingers that didn't appeal to her she drops on the floor, then holding the "finger of choice" to Taylor's hand, trying to push it back on. After she stops holding onto it, it falls onto the floor. Not a very good plan.

Well, time for the other plan. She picks up the finger again, expecting different results. It falls on the floor again. Well, that was productive. "No, Taylor! I don't know how, but I'm going to fix this! You're going to be alright! I'm... I'm going to... eheh, I'm going to fix this! Fix this!" She's smiling now, as if she just understood something at that very moment. Relying on Sharshar is a dangerous game. She begins laughing as she looks around the room. She even digs in a couple pockets of the dead... from the laughing you hear, it's easy to draw the conclusion that your comrade is not entirely sane.

In order to "fix" Taylor's wounds, Sharshar needs to find a wrench. Or a drill. Or a screwdriver. Any tool would do.

Grim ranger
2010-02-19, 05:06 PM
Jack swore and walked backwards, ceasing his ineffective fire and reloading his gun.

"Damn, this is not working. But that is a plant, and all plants burn... One! Does any of you have any incendiary ammo? A blowtorch would do fine as well! Othervice I see no way we can advance through that."

Viera Champion
2010-02-19, 05:28 PM
Taylor doesn't like where this is going. She would rather live without her finger than learn about Sharshar's plan.
"N-no Sharshar, I'm f-fine. I n-never liked that f-finger anyway."
She tries her best to keep Sharshar from doing any crazy plan of hers.
"If you want just leave me here, at least do me favor and help we walk. And really, I don't need the finger."

RJ45
2010-02-19, 08:30 PM
"Nope. You need your finger. Once I find what i'm looking for... you'll be all better! How are you going to eat pudding without a finger? How are you going to use a spoon? How are you going to -breathe- knowing that you don't have a finger?" The shock had disappeared since Sharshar had embarked on her quest for the tool. Bodies everywhere? Not that important.

"I would help you walk, but you're, umm..." She faces Taylor for a moment, stopping her search for a couple seconds. She's trying to find the proper word to use here. "Too fat. I can't lift you." ... quite the articulate being. She must have tried to comment on how much taller Taylor is compared to her and instead insulted her. Well, with her sentence said, she tries to find a tool again. All she has to do is find something and it'll only be a matter of tightening a couple bolts and Taylor will be one happy soul.

dresdor
2010-03-05, 06:58 PM
OOC: Did we loose our DM?