PDA

View Full Version : Check my math!

Iden
2010-02-11, 06:42 PM
I'm looking at moving on to Scimitars with my Thrii-kreen in preparation for going into Dervish.

I'm hoping I can have a double check on my math for the attack bonuses I'm looking at.

I have:
BAB: +4
STR Mod: +5
Weapon Focus (scimitar)
Multi-weapon Fighting (Two weapon fighting for more than 2 hands)
4x Masterwork Scimitars

So unless I'm missing something...

It's +11 if I just attack with the one...

And +7/+7/+7/+7 if I attack with all four... and tag on a +5 if I use my natural bite attack afterward.

I feel like I've done this right, but I thought I'd ask you all first.

Iden

Scoot
2010-02-11, 07:15 PM
If you do recieve the same bonuses for using light weapons as normal TWF (I'm just looking at SRD, I'm assuming you do), then this should be correct.

Siosilvar
2010-02-11, 07:27 PM
+4+5+1+1 = +11.
-4 = +7.
*4 attacks = +7/+7/+7/+7.

Looks like your math is good.

ericgrau
2010-02-11, 07:38 PM
Looks good, but I'd be very cautious about every -1. For a mere 1 point of damage lost per attack you could be wielding 4 kukris instead:

http://budk.com/ProductImages/250/A17-BKSZ2103.jpg

That'll be well worth the +2 to hit. Or if you can spare the weapon focus feat you may wield scimitars in your 2 main hands and kukris in your 2 off hands.

Also having that many weapons is generally a little less damaging than having one (or in your case two) strong weapons. Anything that can give a special effect per attack will shift the situation back into your favor. Examples include bonus damage, poison, spell storing weapons, tripping weapons (like kamas or flails), etc.

Siosilvar
2010-02-11, 07:41 PM
That'll be well worth the +2 to hit. Or if you can spare the weapon focus feat you may wield scimitars in your 2 main hands and kukris in your 2 off hands

You only get one main hand, regardless of how many hands you have.

Although using kukris in your off hands is a good idea until you can make the scimitars light via Dervish.

ericgrau
2010-02-11, 07:43 PM
Ah, ic, dervish fixes it. Well, it's still worth it to wield 4 kukris. Or a scimitar and 3 kukris is worth the +1 to hit (vs. weapon focus: scimitar). He could always delay the weapon focus feat until he becomes a dervish or a little before then.