PDA

View Full Version : 4E Whirling Barbarian

AtopTheMountain
2010-02-11, 08:37 PM
So I just got Primal Power, and I was wondering -- is the whirling barbarian build any good? I really enjoy playing dual-wielders, but it seems like most of its powers are more like "if you hit with your main weapon then do automatic damage with your offhand weapon" which seems like a less dynamic play style. Also, there is a conspicuous lack of rage powers using two weapons, and only one paragon path that uses them. So should I use this build, or just play a ranger?

Gralamin
2010-02-11, 08:39 PM
So I just got Primal Power, and I was wondering -- is the whirling barbarian build any good? I really enjoy playing dual-wielders, but it seems like most of its powers are more like "if you hit with your main weapon then do automatic damage with your offhand weapon" which seems like a less dynamic play style. Also, there is a conspicuous lack of rage powers using two weapons, and only one paragon path that uses them. So should I use this build, or just play a ranger?

If you want just plain power, the ranger is better. If you want a more balanced and possibly fun build, the Whirling Barbarian might be a better choice.

Do note that quite a few of the rules regarding them are still unclear, and so you and your DM will likely have to be on even ground (What happens if you use off-hand you aren't proficient with? Which bonuses apply to each attack? If you crit, do you get both crit damage or just one? etc.)