PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a Beholder!

Ashheart
2010-02-11, 09:03 PM
Hi guys,

I've been spending the last two days looking everywhere for a picture I found in one of the Dragon magazine art books, but I cna't seem to find it anywhere!
The illustration is of a Dead Beholder that has been hollowed out to turn it into a sort of floating tank. There's no better way to describe it, I guess.

If anyone knows where I can find this pic or mabye even post it, I'd be really gratefull. I need it for a game I'm running, so help would be appreciated.

Thx!

EDIT: Because the Mods have voiced concerns about this Thread I must ask that no download links be given. I only need the Article number and would appreciate any help finding it.

Splendor
2010-02-11, 09:13 PM
Its in the 2nd edition book Volo's Guide to waterdeep... Let me see if I can find it.

edit: Well my mistake the picture isn't very good but I remembered the description "The stuffed beholder is hollow, and conceals a hired wizard who can fire a wand of paralyzation out of its mouth to take customers by surprise."

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/LordSplendor/beholderinshop.jpg

Frosty
2010-02-12, 12:45 AM
That picture is freaking creepy.

Ashheart
2010-02-12, 09:14 AM
Thx Splendor!
That's the article I'm looking for, but the picture I remember was newer. It had color and you could see inside the stuffed beholder.
I remember finding it in the Art of Dragon Magazine book, by Paizo. {Scrubbed}

Splendor
2010-02-13, 06:44 AM
{Scrubbed}

There was also a Art of Dragon Magazine printed in 1988, I don't know which one this is.

Ashheart
2010-02-13, 08:14 PM
{Scrubbed}

Splendor
2010-02-14, 06:15 PM
{Scrubbed}

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-14, 06:52 PM
There's a PDF file with a similar picture. Shows Nebin sitting inside a hollowed-out and stiched-closed Beholder, using it as a vehicle. It's actually a magic item.

Splendor
2010-02-14, 07:51 PM
That's the picture I think he's looking for.

Any clue where to find it online?

Ashheart
2010-02-15, 04:39 PM
Man, you guys are life savers! That's the one I'm looking for!
Any idea where I can find it? I know it's from a Dragon magazine but I just can't seem to find the right one...

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-15, 05:46 PM
Man, you guys are life savers! That's the one I'm looking for!
Any idea where I can find it? I know it's from a Dragon magazine but I just can't seem to find the right one...

If my other computer were active, I would have the article number for you.

Ashheart
2010-02-16, 09:14 PM
I would really appreciate it if you could pm or post that article number when you're able. I'm using the thing in a game I'm hosting next week and my party would love the illustration!
At this point I'm about ready to take an educated guess and just start plowing through all the Dragons I can find!

Roland St. Jude
2010-02-17, 01:47 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please confine your responses to where the information can be found legally - not through filesharing or other illegal download sites.