PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade for a Pathfidergame

Window459
2010-02-11, 10:54 PM
So I'm (hopefully) running a pathfinder game soon, and one of my players wants to play a Duskblade and because every other class pretty much got some kind of upgrade I figured I'd update it a little. I thought I'd add a few of the spells from the Complete Arcane, (such as the Orbs and a few other spells) and giving them detect magic at will, and can take the weapon focuses and specialization as a Fighter of equal level. So what do you all think, any other suggestions? All comments welcome, Thank you guys ahead of time:smallsmile:

Apropos
2010-02-11, 11:13 PM
You do know that the weapon focus tree is a trap, right?

Detect Magic at will is nice I guess, and the class really did need more spells. Just make sure not to give anything with too much utility, the class is essentially a warmage that can actually use a weapon. I don't really know what else to say, partially because I have no experience with pathfinder, partly because I'm not sure how to improve the duskblade. Maybe if I could look at the class right now I'd be able to give better suggestions

Hallavast
2010-02-12, 02:53 AM
The only reasonable reasons certain classes got upgraded in pathfinder are to discourage rampant level-dipping/prestige classing and fill in "empty levels" (lol @ Full casters' "empty levels").

Duskblade doesn't really have this problem, so if you must upgrade him on principle, I'd say stop with what you have, and you'll be set.

I'd also advise running any changes by the DM, but wait, you ARE the DM. Have fun. :smallwink:

Kylarra
2010-02-12, 03:02 AM
Bump up their HD to D10!

sonofzeal
2010-02-12, 03:20 AM
So I'm (hopefully) running a pathfinder game soon, and one of my players wants to play a Duskblade and because every other class pretty much got some kind of upgrade I figured I'd update it a little. I thought I'd add a few of the spells from the Complete Arcane, (such as the Orbs and a few other spells) and giving them detect magic at will, and can take the weapon focuses and specialization as a Fighter of equal level. So what do you all think, any other suggestions? All comments welcome, Thank you guys ahead of time:smallsmile:
Should be fine. They don't really "need" an upgrade and are pretty PF-friendly as is, but what you're giving them is minor and will make the player feel proud, so go for it. No balance concerns here.