PDA

View Full Version : How to Summon a Balor

nargbop
2010-02-11, 11:04 PM
Hey folks. What methods are available in DnD 3.5 for summoning a balor demon? Any class.

Gate will do it. If I have a method of massively increasing caster level, I can summon two.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-11, 11:06 PM
If you want to use any class, your best bet is a Candle of Invocation.

olentu
2010-02-11, 11:07 PM
Hey folks. What methods are available in DnD 3.5 for summoning a balor demon? Any class.

Gate will do it. If I have a method of massively increasing caster level, I can summon two.

Malconvokers can eventually do so with the greater planar binding spell.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-11, 11:12 PM
To summon? Candle of Invocation. To control? Now that is an entirely different kettle of demons...

Gnorman
2010-02-12, 06:18 AM
Malconvokers can eventually do so with the greater planar binding spell.

Not only Malconvokers, but also outsiders with the Infernal Bargainer feat from Races of Faerun. It increases your binding cap by 2 HD, letting you bind a balor with Greater Planar Binding.

Of course, why not do both? Tiefling Malconvokers are both flavorful and powerful!

AslanCross
2010-02-12, 05:31 PM
Candle of Invocation is the easiest way, but easy doesn't always mean safe.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-12, 05:59 PM
Candle of Invocation is the easiest way, but easy doesn't always mean safe.

Gate (Candle uses gate) sounds pretty safe to me. They can't rebel. It is based on caster level, so you can't fail even if low HD.

Beorn080
2010-02-12, 06:10 PM
They can't rebel, but you still have to pay them for any longterm work they do. And a Balor's salary is probably out of most characters payroll, especially when they start demanding barrels of angels blood, or every first born from a town.

Starbuck_II
2010-02-12, 06:13 PM
They can't rebel, but you still have to pay them for any longterm work they do. And a Balor's salary is probably out of most characters payroll, especially when they start demanding barrels of angels blood, or every first born from a town.

Stick to 1 rd/caster level task like cast a spell for me.