PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Help building a lvl 24 Tiefling Feylock

Master_Rahl22
2010-02-12, 10:31 AM
So, I'm getting a chance to test out a character concept that I really like at level 24. The only thing that's set is the Tiefling Feylock part, but here's the rest of what I have so far. I'd love tips on powers, feats, and magic items. I don't have Character Builder, so forgive the non-standard format.

Fey Pact Warlock, Feytouched, Demigod
Stats:
10, 17, 16, 24, 12, 26

HP: 144
Bloodied: 72
Surge: 36
Surges: 9
Defenses: AC-36, Fort-32, Ref-35, Will-36 (includes +4 Feyleather armor and a +5 Torc of Power Preservation)

Powers (I don't have the progression of what I replaced, so here's what they currently are):
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Dire Radiance
Strand of Fate
Force of Nature
Ethereal Stride
Dark Transport
Plague of Frogs
Dark One's Own Luck
Mire the Mind
Storm Countess's Kiss
Shielding Shades
Will of the Feywild
Twilight Teleport
Infuriating Elusiveness
Whispers of the Fey
Wakeman's Invocation

Feats:
Dooming Action
Improved Initiative
Sacrifice to Caiphon
Implement Expertise (Rods)
Wrathful Magic
Dual Implement Spellcaster
Psychic Lock
Twofold Pact (Star) - purely for the option of boosting attacks if I don't need to teleport
Twofold Curse
Relentless Curse
Called Shot
Fiery Rebuke
Quickend Spellcasting
Student of the Athanaeum
Epic Resurgence

Items: We're starting with 25th, 24th, 23rd, 22nd, 21st and 20th level magic items and 125k gp. Note: I don't have AV2, but people have been kind enough to tell me what Shadow Warlock armor and Anhkmon's Bracers do.
Torc of Power Preservation - 25
Belt of Vitality - 24
Rod of the Starspawn - 23
Quickcurse Rod - 22
Shadow Warlock Anathema Leather Armor - 21
Ankhmon's Bracers - 20

I've seen Imperious Majesty and Warlock's Wrath mentioned as good Heroic feats, but I don't have access to that issue of Dragon. Could somebody give me a general idea of what they do so I know if it's worthwhile to hunt down and/or borrow that issue from a friend?

I need ideas on how to spend my 125k gold. Current ideas for spending gold:
Eladrin Boots - 45k
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture - 3400
Cannith Goggles - 360
Casque of Tactics - 840
Iron Ring of the Dwarf Lords - 21k
Thanks in advance for advice!

Kurald Galain
2010-02-12, 10:40 AM
125k gold? There's an item guide in my sig.

It's worth considering (but in your character's case probably not worth doing) to take Enlarge Spell.

Master_Rahl22
2010-02-12, 02:36 PM
Ok, I switched a few powers up after realizing that Twofold Pact allows me to qualify for riders on powers based on both pacts. When I saw that Strand of Fate would let me make something Vuln 17 to all attacks for a turn, I had to grab that and Dooming Action + Quickened Spellcasting for turns with 3 attacks and adding curse damage twice in a turn, plus vulnerability on my target for 2 of my turns and one of my allies.

Any ideas for more fun stuff like this? Also I still need advice for spending that 125k I get. Kurald's Utility Belt guide is nifty, but not quite what I'm wanting with this character.

Master_Rahl22
2010-02-12, 10:41 PM
Really? This character is the pinnacle of Warlocks and the items I get don't matter because it can't get any better?

Shardan
2010-02-13, 07:22 PM
I've not built/played warlocks so I can't really offer much advice. Sorry

(I've also not played anything that high of a level)