PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Ghosts

Xenogears
2010-02-12, 10:32 AM
I want to play a ghost. A ghost Marshal or Bard to be specific. A fallen soldier who has returned from the grave to inspire new heroes. Problem is Ghost has a bunch of abilities I don't care about and a +5 LA I'd rather not have. So m request is twofold. I need either:
A) A different Incorpereal Undead with lower LA I can refluff as a ghost.
or
B) A version of Ghost with most of the abilities (anything aside from being undead and incorpereal can go really) gone and lower LA.

FishAreWet
2010-02-12, 10:33 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

Solves all your problems.

Optimystik
2010-02-12, 10:36 AM
There is a ghost template in the Ghostwalk supplement which much lower LA. (Only +1). It is incorporeal, but not undead, and has a Con score.

JeenLeen
2010-02-12, 11:09 AM
I second Ghostwalk. It also has a lot of feats, spells, and special circumstances for ghosts.

There are two base classes, one for a ghostly fighter-type and one for a ghostly mage-type. If I remember the fluff correctly, the idea is that if a PC dies, he can then start taking levels in one of those base classes until resurrected, passing on to final rest, or (in theory) never. Those classes don't by default advance bardic or marshal powers, though, but perhaps you could work with your DM to allow them to stack in exchange for not getting bonus feats (what the fighter-type gets) or some such.

The book has a mechanic how, if your 'ghost' levels are more than your 'living' character levels, you have to roll to not follow the urge to pass on to the next world. But if a DM allows Ghostwalk, they could handwave that.