PDA

View Full Version : Should gobbotopia have their own version of the SG?

paladinofshojo
2010-02-12, 07:47 PM
I'm just wondering if the new nation of gobbotopia will have its own elite group of warriors who draw their powers from the Dark One in a fashion like the paladins of the Saphire Guards.... It would be effective spite against the surviving Azurites along with a prestige rank of Redcloak's or Jirix's honorguard....

badam104172
2010-02-12, 07:50 PM
it would be effective for sure, and a good adversary for team peregrine, but important to the plot? I'm not sure. The story might focus more on redcloak and xykon outside of gobbotopia.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-12, 08:11 PM
but what would they be? dark palidens?

Maximum Zersk
2010-02-12, 08:15 PM
Do I smell Miko of the Crimson Mantle here?

Now who was it that thought of that...

ClockShock
2010-02-12, 09:11 PM
Because having an elite group of warriors drawing their powers from the gods worked out just great for the last inhabitants of Gobbotopia.

In other news. They have clerics don't they?

Adonis1x23
2010-02-12, 10:54 PM
I totally think they should, and even introduced a plausible premise in This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141660).

They would be like the Eyes of Gruumsh, except they would be The Eyes of The Dark One/Crimson Mantle/etc.

Although, with Jirix as supreme leader, the premise makes less sense. Still cool though.

ThePhantasm
2010-02-13, 12:04 PM
Meh, I think that the focus is going to shift anyways in the story from Gobbotopia to Redcloak and Xykon vs. the OOTS. The Hobgoblin army won't play a big part in the story anymore.

Crosswinds
2010-02-13, 10:22 PM
As phantasm said, from this point out, I doubt Gobbotopia will get very much story time because all the important villains won't be there.

drengnikrafe
2010-02-13, 10:58 PM
I suspect it is fully possible, as well as reasonable. Many towns that need to protect themselves have normal guards and elite guards, right? Or at least several tiers of guards. It's not like you can have your best people standing out front, staring into the distance, waiting for something to approach. As well as on questionable corners. As well as guarding the king/prime minister/ president/whatever. As well as....
You get the point. Why not have them stand for all the Dark One believes in?

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-15, 01:25 AM
a bunch of goblinoids could declare themselves player charicters and defend the place. i know of at least five goblins, and eight bugbears that did the same thing.

LurkerInPlayground
2010-02-15, 01:34 AM
Because having an elite group of warriors drawing their powers from the gods worked out just great for the last inhabitants of Gobbotopia.

In other news. They have clerics don't they?
Clearly Azure City would not have fallen if they had used an order of Batman wizard instead.

Irbis
2010-02-16, 01:40 PM
Clearly Azure City would not have fallen if they had used an order of Batman wizard instead.

Considering morale of their best wizard, the city would have fallen even faster then :smallamused:

Mystic Muse
2010-02-16, 02:15 PM
a bunch of goblinoids could declare themselves player charicters and defend the place. i know of at least five goblins, and eight bugbears that did the same thing.

Who are these goblins and bugbears? I'd guess the goblins were the ones from the comic goblins but 6 in that comic are PCs. 7 if you count fox.

Draconi Redfir
2010-02-16, 02:31 PM
Who are these goblins and bugbears? I'd guess the goblins were the ones from the comic goblins but 6 in that comic are PCs. 7 if you count fox.

Thaco, cheif, comblains, big ears, fumbles, thats only five. if your thinking of dies horribly as a PC, hes not. he never made that decission. your right about fox though.

and the bugbears are actually my own creaition... they live in my head

Mystic Muse
2010-02-16, 02:34 PM
ah. My mistake about dies.