PDA

View Full Version : Storm Lord

Cowboy_ninja
2010-02-12, 07:59 PM
The 10th level ability says elemental conflagration but the text only has something called storm of elemental fury.

So what do i get at 10th level? I could not find anything about it in the errata.

Kallisti
2010-02-12, 08:04 PM
Text trumps table. WotC rules thus. Hail WotCthulhu!

Cowboy_ninja
2010-02-12, 08:30 PM
Another question on the Storm Lord, where can i find info on "Talos". I can't find that diety anywhere....

Thefurmonger
2010-02-12, 08:34 PM
Did you try Google?

Type in "Talos god"

It will give you all the info you want.

Heliomance
2010-02-12, 08:34 PM
I believe he's a Faerun deity, so Faiths and Pantheons would be your best bet. Or is it Deities and Demigods? I can never remember which one's Faerun and which one's Greyhawk.

Failing those, I expect the Player's Guide to Faerun will have some details.

Bibliomancer
2010-02-12, 08:46 PM
I believe he's a Faerun deity, so Faiths and Pantheons would be your best bet. Or is it Deities and Demigods? I can never remember which one's Faerun and which one's Greyhawk.

Failing those, I expect the Player's Guide to Faerun will have some details.

Faiths and Pantheons is Faerun, I believe.

if you wanted to look him up online, the wikipedia article would be a good place to start. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talos_(Forgotten_Realms))

I'm not sure if there would be much on him in the PGTF. It seems to be mostly divine realms, not the gods themselves.

Kallisti
2010-02-12, 08:47 PM
He's the evil and vengeful Faerunian God of Storms. His nicknames include The Destroyer, the Raging One, and the Stormstar.

He is CE. I don't know his domains because I've got the 2.0 Faiths and Avatars in front of me--he hasn't got an entry in Deities and Demigods, although he'd be in Player's Guide to Faerun and the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. His holy symbol is three lightning bolts radiating out in a fan from a central point.

Also, he's kind of a ****. Just ask anyone who's played Baldur's Gate Two.

Prime32
2010-02-12, 08:50 PM
Yeah, that class was horribly edited.

Cowboy_ninja
2010-02-12, 10:00 PM
DMG pg 94-95 says: Powerful Storms make search, spot, listen, and ranged attack rolls impossible.

Does that mean any spell caster in a Powerful storm or a spell that has a powerful storm effect, like storm of elemental fury, is deaf and blind (no save)? Storm of elemental furry functions like a windstorm which is under Wind effects and Storm effects in the DMG.

Leon
2010-02-12, 10:03 PM
Yeah, that class was horribly edited.

Like most PrCs...

deuxhero
2010-02-12, 10:12 PM
Here is the FR Wiki article on Talos (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Talos) (the Gruumsh thing is 4th edition)

as for the deaf/mute thing, no they wouldn't be, it just means no one can hear them, making everyone effectively deaf.

Cowboy_ninja
2010-02-12, 10:45 PM
Here is the FR Wiki article on Talos (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Talos) (the Gruumsh thing is 4th edition)

as for the deaf/mute thing, no they wouldn't be, it just means no one can hear them, making everyone effectively deaf.

Spell casters who are deaf have a 20% chance of spell failure. I though spell casters also get a X% chance of spell failure if they are blinded but I can't find that rule....

In any case, are you sure spell casters do not suffer these things in a powerful storm? If listen checks are impossible and all they can hear is the roaring wind... doesn't that effectively make them deaf?

Also in powerful winds, if ranged attacks are impossible does that include rays?

Optimystik
2010-02-12, 11:39 PM

He's an Aspect of Gruumsh now? Not sure how I feel about that. Though I suppose they were redundant in a 4e sense.

He is CE. I don't know his domains because I've got the 2.0 Faiths and Avatars in front of me--he hasn't got an entry in Deities and Demigods, although he'd be in Player's Guide to Faerun and the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. His holy symbol is three lightning bolts radiating out in a fan from a central point.

FaP has his domains as Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Fire and Storms.

Darrin
2010-02-13, 09:59 AM
Storm Lord + Gloves of Endless Javelins (MIC p. 194) makes me drool, but haven't quite managed to put together a decent build for it. Maybe Mystic Ranger 6 + Storm Lord 10 + a little Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade.

Cowboy_ninja
2010-02-13, 10:44 PM
Storm Lord + Gloves of Endless Javelins (MIC p. 194) makes me drool, but haven't quite managed to put together a decent build for it. Maybe Mystic Ranger 6 + Storm Lord 10 + a little Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade.

What is mystic ranger and warblad Blood storm.

My build is Cleric/Stormlord/Storm Caster. Of course I have gloves of endless javelins. they are a must.

Cowboy_ninja
2010-02-13, 10:46 PM
Does GITP have an optimization thread?

Darrin
2010-02-14, 09:11 AM
What is mystic ranger and warblad Blood storm.

Mystic Ranger is from Dragon Magazine #336, it's a variant base class that trades animal companion and some delayed class abilities for early spellcasting and 5th level Ranger spells.

Warblade and Bloodstorm Blade are from Tome of Battle. Basically, Bloodstorm Blade's Thunderous Throw allows you to treat your ranged thrown weapon attacks as melee attacks, so you can do all sorts of uberdamage Power Attack combos with your javelins.

Eldan
2010-02-14, 09:41 AM
Does GITP have an optimization thread?

Not really, no. People just post their builds in a thread and people give some comments on it.