PDA

View Full Version : alternatives to dodge

awa
2010-02-12, 08:00 PM
I know their are some feats that work as if they were dodge for prerequisites but i cant recall what they were or where they were from

Tao the Ninja
2010-02-12, 08:03 PM
I think there's expeditious dodge in Races of the Wold. +2 dodge to AC if you move 40+ feet

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-12, 08:04 PM
Expeditous doge Races of the wild; move 40 ft a round and gain a +2 dodge bonus that applies to ALL enemies
Midnight Dodge Magic of Incarnium: dodge bonus equals essentia invested in it, also gives you a +1 essentia
Desert Wind Dodge: Tome of Battle: +1 dodge bonus and +1 fire damage with desert wind weapons... may have a prerequisite.

And those are the ones I know, I personally like Expeditous dodge

Boci
2010-02-12, 08:07 PM
Desert Wind Dodge: Tome of Battle: +1 dodge bonus and +1 fire damage with desert wind weapons... may have a prerequisite.

Must move 10ft.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-12, 08:08 PM
Must move 10ft.

Thank you very much.

Jastermereel
2010-02-13, 09:47 AM
Must move 10ft.
That's true, but the prereq is also A. Dex 13 and B. one desert wind maneuver (so Martial Study as a feat for anyone not in a ToB Class).
I'm not sure if I'm answering a question or being annoyingly nit-picky. Pardon me if it's the latter.

JellyPooga
2010-02-13, 10:22 AM
I like Expeditious Dodge (I'm a fan of playing Catfolk Scouts anyways, so moving 40ft to get the +2 AC isn't an issue) but the biggest problem with it is, is that many of the things that have Dodge (notably Elusive Target) as a prerequisite require you to have Dodge (and have a target selected) to activate the abilities granted by them...which Exped.Dodge doesn't allow for.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-02-13, 10:56 AM
I like Expeditious Dodge (I'm a fan of playing Catfolk Scouts anyways, so moving 40ft to get the +2 AC isn't an issue) but the biggest problem with it is, is that many of the things that have Dodge (notably Elusive Target) as a prerequisite require you to have Dodge (and have a target selected) to activate the abilities granted by them...which Exped.Dodge doesn't allow for.

Well my DM rules that when you need a dodge target even when using Expeditous dodge, you just select one target to apply to that target. IE if you are using Elusive target when you used expeditous dodge to qualify you just select a target.

Glimbur
2010-02-13, 11:19 AM
There's Midnight Dodge from Magic of Incarnum. By itself, it's exactly like taking dodge. If you do anything else with Incarnum, the point of essentia it gives is useful for other things. Or you could be an Azurin (human who trades extra skill point for point of essentia) and at sixth level have a +2 dodge.